Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation : 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a video from the event

If Mary is pregnant we will get an announcment from the palace, since then its just speculations.

Last edited:
:previous:
What a wonderful choice for Mary to make. :flowers:

Crown Princess Mary in her role as chairman of the Mary Foundation, today opened the Conferene of Entrepreneurship Day at Roskilde University.

Forside - dr.dk/NETTV/Update}

Last edited:
Crown Princess Mary in her role as chairman of the Mary Foundation, today opened the Conferene of Entrepreneurship Day at Roskilde University.

Forside - dr.dk/NETTV/Update}

Thanks for links, cant wait for the pictures later on.
Mary looks nice in the coat, pitty she is holding her small paper and reading rather than placing it on the board as you usually would do.

The pictures are wonderful, I love events for the Mary Foundation. :)

:previous:
Looks like afterwards, she seems to be walking away from the podium. :)

Either that or she had just turned away to steel a quick mouthfull mid-speech

Besøg i børnehave Tirsdag 20. april 2010 kl. 10:45H.K.H.Kronprinsessen aflægger besøg i Anna Wulffs Børnehave i København med Mary Fonden og grundlæggeren af The Alannah and Madeline Foundation

I presume this is a visit for the Mary foundation.

Belga has got a few pictures of today's visit. I just searched Belga pictures for Princess Mary, today. I don't have an account so I don't want to incorrectly post a link.

Here are the ppe pics:

20-04-2010 : Crown Princess Mary visits the Anna Wulff kindergarten
with the Mary Foundation and the founder of The Alannah and Madeline
Foundation.

What a charming look!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Thanks Ice Flower for the pictures! I was just asking in another post when this event had happened.

This looked like a fun visit, the children looked happy with Mary and Mary looked very interacting with them which is always nice.

Polfoto gallery

Summary of articles in Billed Bladet #17, 2010.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen and Ken Richter.

It was back to work for Mary after the celebrations in connection with the birthday of QMII.
As patron of the Mary Foundation, she visited the Anna Wulff kindergarten in Copenhagen. The kindergarten has like many, if not most kindergartens in Denmark, adopted the free for bullying concept that was pioneered in Australia. And Mary was to see how the concept is implemented in practice in the attempt to eradicate bullying altogether. (*) She interacted with the children, chatted with them, admired the drawings they had made and watched them dance.
Our reporter, Ulrik Ulriksen has surpassed himself in his description of Mary’s outfit, and I quote: “She was casually dressed but still extremely elegant when she as a mix of gentle/soft cotton-girl and Queensland country-girl made her entrance at the kindergarten”.

Our correspondent in the west, Ken Richter, covered Mary’s visit to Vejle Fjord, where a rehabilitation centre for children with heart afflictions is located. She went out wilt a number of children, on their route through what is called the Heart Lane. That’s about an hours walk through the woods around the centre.
And if you think the children can just stroll along while texting away on their mobiles, you are mistaken. The entire body is supposed to be exercised. So Mary swung her arms as eagerly as any of the children. – Well, in fact more eagerly!

(*) Perhaps as a consequence of the free for bullying project there has been an added focus on bullying on workplaces in Denmark. That’s a real problem, costing the society as a whole a lot. Not only in regards to the psychological and human effects, but also in the number of days people are sick from work and not least how people are thriving at work, which again influence the production/efficiency of a workplace.
At my work we introduced an unofficial anti-bullying policy some years ago. Those who bullied and couldn’t figure out that times had changed are long gone.
I believe such a policy will be mandatory on all workplaces within ten years.

Today, May 30, CP Mary attended an event at the Mindeparken
in Århus that was organized in cooperation with The Mary
Foundation and the Save The Children Foundation. Over 300
children received a medal in connection with the anti-bullying
campaign.

Here's an article with a video and some great pics in the gallery :

** stiften.dk: Regnvåd prinsesse besøgte Århus **

Some of the pics in case the link disappears:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

It's been raining all day here in eastern Jutland!

Mary handed out medals to children who completed a relay run in connection with this event, (and often their parents as well), which put emphasis on Free From Bullying.
Mindeparken = the Remembrance Park is located right next to Marselisborg, so Mary know the area.
She took part in the warm up, befeore the run, surrounded by very wet children and she recieved them with a medal when they reached the finishing line.

She said afterwards that the realy run emphasized the importance of taking care of your buddy.

Today, May 30, CP Mary attended an event at the Mindeparken
in Århus that was organized in cooperation with The Mary
Foundation and the Save The Children Foundation. Over 300
children received a medal in connection with the anti-bullying
campaign.

Here's an article with a video and some great pics in the gallery :

** stiften.dk: Regnvåd prinsesse besøgte Århus **

Some of the pics in case the link disappears:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

She's back then, shame about the weather though.

Her skin looks weird:ermm:. The first pic was not a good shot.

I think its the picture quality & the fact that she has the coat hood over her head covering half her face would reflect which is very dull.

Thanks for the pictures, pitty the weather was terrible but they still seemed to get on with it :D

Billed-Bladet also has an article about yesterday's event with
some more pics, they turn out to be a bit better as to the
colours, but it's of course always difficult to get bright shots
in that kind of rainy, cloudy weather...

It's so funny that the mascot has a rain cape too :):)

** Regnvåd kronprinsesse Mary uddelte medaljer **

The big purple bear, I love that mascot. :)

Mary and the Free From Bullying concept.

Oddly enough there doesn't appear to be a specific thread about this topic. I believe there ought to, as the concept has become a success and get a good deal of attention here in Denmark.

As a follow up on the Free from Bullying concept http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2010/09/13/113018.htm

Eight Greenlandic municipalities will now test the Free from Bullying concept.

That includes a book in Greenlandic, Kammagiitta.

There are 90 kindergardens and 84 school in Greenland.

Most of the Greenlandic children aged 0-14 years are doing fine, however one third of them are not...

The Greenlandic Parliament has now taken measures to deal with that problem, partly in direct coorporation with UN and partly by implementing Australian inspired initiatives like Free From Bullying.

In Denmark about 70.000 children have taken part in the Free from Bullying concept. - And others have started similar but independent programmes.

Really busy week for Mary, thank you for the pictures.
I like the outfit but wish she would wear some brighter colours.

The new project "Advice for life" is focussed on a stronger action against
domestic violence women are faced with. Sexual, economic, material,
psychological or physical violence are meant with that and the new
project aims to help economically, legally and psychologically.

The following article includes a short video:

** stiften.dk: Mary i forstærket indsats mod vold **

And here are some additional pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

Great gallery from stiften.dk!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom