The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-08-2019, 04:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #6, 2019.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As chairman of the Mary Foundation Mary recently attended a meeting about the project, Council to Life, aimed at helping women who have been in an abusive relationship.
That took place at Ringsted Crisis Center, where a former residents, Jette Højholdt Mikkelsen and Lisbeth Olufsen, told their stories.
After which Mary said: "It gives us an understanding for how complex violence is. And you also help breaking down taboos."

Lisbeth Olufsen responded: "I will start by saying thank you to the Crown Princess. I'm very honored and overwhelmed over such a beautiful speech. There is simply so much empathy. I wouldn't have been standing here today if I hadn't been given the help I did. I have been living with psychological abuse for twenty years."

Jette Højholdt said: "I fought a long time but in the end I had to give up. I hadn't made it without help.
Thank you for the attention. It's so important. It's important that there are some strong persons who back us up."

Council for Life provides free economical, legal and social counseling.

- Often a woman stands at the crisis center with at best a suitcase. She may not necessarily have been beaten, but she has been kept under total control by her husband and also in total ignorance in many ways. As such she has no money of her own and she doesn't have a clue about the family finances. Sometimes debts have been set up in her name. So her personal financial situation can be and often is in total chaos!
So what do you do, if you have lived for many years in an abusive relationship and you now have to look after your finances on your own (that's a huge problem for immigrant women) or you discover you have a massive debt?
That can be so overwhelming that women have returned to their abusive husbands, back to the relative feeling of security she will find there.
And here the counseling come in.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:13 AM
Majesty

"HRH The Crown Princess was today hosted by @mary_fonden at a workshop on social norms. Participants were some of the fund's close partners, and to make every wiser had The Crown Princess invited Professor Ben Cislaghi from the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine to stand for the workshop. Ben Cislaghi is an expert in the influence of social norms on, among other things, human health.
Today's workshop took place in Frederik VIII's Palace at Amalienborg."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvMa5fig...ource=ig_embed

Old 03-19-2019, 11:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Why has the wallpaper been "blurred"?

The effect is not that bad, actually.
Old 04-03-2019, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Today, April 3, Crown Princess Mary together with the Mary Foundation and Save the Children made a Free from Bullying visit to Vibenshus School in Copenhagen:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** ppe gallery ** gettyimages gallery ** belga gallery **

** maryfonden: Kronprinsessen 'liker' det gode kammeratskab på nettet **

Old 04-04-2019, 03:07 AM
Majesty

A great initiative
https://www.instagram.com/p/BvzLE4eB...W7b4AbywQrg_sN

Tags
anti bulling, crown princess mary, foundation, mary, mary donaldson, mary foundation, patron, patronages, the mary foundation