Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation : 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CP Mary send a message about the loneliness this period:

"In the Mary Foundation, we are concerned that what the pandemic can mean for the loneliness among the Danes. I think there are many who in the past year have felt the feeling of loneliness in earnest - perhaps for the first time. Others may have become even more socially isolated than they already were. We all have a responsibility to help fight loneliness. Even a small thing can make a big difference to another human being. " - H.K.H. The Crown Princess

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJFzHs0B3G7/

:previous:

If Mary was not Crown Princess, she should have recorded audiobooks!
She speaks the Danish language so beautifully (here she even sounds like a native Dane, and Danish is unbelievable hard to learn) and she has a very pleasant, calm, alluring voice.

And most important what comes out is always warm and caring - also this very relevant and important advice. Christmas is already a lonely time for many and this year will be lonely for even more and even more lonely for the most lonely. That’s sad!

Last edited:
Thanks Roskilde, I have often wondered how she has managed the language. This girl obviously loves Denmark and loves the Danish culture. She appears to have embraced the Danish way of doing things with aplomb. And she still looks very lovely. It can't have been easy for her in the early days of her marriage trying to adjust, but she has done it beautifully.

An informative post. Nice to get an update from her weekly meetings.

CP Mary at a digital meeting with the Mary Foundation

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKoliEqhGnc/

Nice selfie. Mary looks sweet. I like these more relaxed and unformal updates we get from the Mary Foundation’s weekly meeting and shared on the the Foundation’s own social media. And I am with you Mary: Paper calender for the win!

I can see both Frederik and Mary have reached that age where you need your reading glasses all the time ?

Here is what CP Mary writes (translated to english):

It is perhaps a little old-fashioned, but I'm still happy with my paper calendar alongside the digital. It gives me a good overview. As you can see, it looks a bit boring right now. But even though physical meetings have been canceled and a lot of events postponed indefinitely, there is still plenty to tackle with our work in the Mary Foundation.

At the weekly status meeting in the Mary Foundation's management, we talked, among other things, about a new study on the Danes' knowledge of partner violence, which we have just published. Among other things, it shows that many people have a good understanding of how complex partner violence is. That's really positive.

But we can also see that there is still a need for information. We are therefore continuing to work on this. Too many children, women and men live in families with partner violence. If we break with taboos and touch anxiety, we contribute to more people being able to get help.

H.R.H. The Crown Princess

Me too. I couldn't find my usual planner so I am making do. But you cant beat an open diary to organise your life.

As to Mary's spectacle, I really like them and the style really flatters her face. Ifind myself a little envious as they are so nice and it's time for new specs and I hate choosing frames.

The Crown Princess' views on bullying and communities: We have come a long way, but we still have some way to go. "As someone who works to reduce bullying and as a mother of four, I am very grateful for the commitment and attention that professionals who work with children have to create good and safe communities. For it is through the safe communities that our children thrive best. "
Watch the entire interview with the Crown Princess, where she thanks the many who work purposefully with children's communities, and provides perspectives on what it takes to prevent bullying.

:previous:

I will never understand why the DRF doesn’t shares more of the Mary Foundation's work such as this interview/greeting on their digital platforms. A good and relevant status and greeting from Mary to our Danish educators in a difficult time.
CP Mary speaks very good Danish with now only a minimal accent, well done, the Danish language is impossible.

The Mary Foundation has published a survey, that has been given good coverage in the main news.

One in six children who attend sports or similar associations (like scouts) have experienced being bullied or feeling left out.
One in nine has left a sports club or similar due to bullying and feeling of exclusion. - That is worrying. Not only for the reputation of the sports clubs, but also because there is political consensus in having preferably all children attending an association with physical activity. Partly to get them physically active, and avoid obesity, but also very much for social reasons. And in the case of segments of immigrant children, because it teaches Danish, the day to day rules regarding interaction between children as well as teaching Danish cultural norms.
A majority of children playing soccer in clubs feel that it's acceptable to be harsh to each other, especially under-performers.

The Mary Foundation has recruited among others a top-goalkeeper, Kasper Schmeichel, as an ambassador, who will and has speak out against bullying. Considering his status, he should be someone whom the children will listen to!

I'm sure we will soon hear Mary addressing this survey in one way or another. Perhaps Frederik too, as he is so often involved with children doing sports.

The Mary Foundation has published a survey, that has been given good coverage in the main news.

The Mary Foundation has recruited among others a top-goalkeeper, Kasper Schmeichel, as an ambassador, who will and has speak out against bullying. Considering his status, he should be someone whom the children will listen to!

I'm sure we will soon hear Mary addressing this survey in one way or another. Perhaps Frederik too, as he is so often involved with children doing sports.

From the Mary Foundation about 'Anti Bulli Fodbold' (football), with Schmeichel and Pernille Harder.

In Danish
https://www.maryfonden.dk/da/antibulli_fodbold

Together with the Mary Foundation Crown Princess Mary has released a message to mark World Book Day:

When we read with children, we increase their vocabulary of imagination, and with a large vocabulary they become better at expressing themselves in their own words. It strengthens their ability to enter into communities that benefit them both now and in the future.

A lovely photo of a recent photo shoot is included in the message, see here:

** instagram post **

Crown Princess Mary participated in a video for the Free of Bullying initiative and was asked what she considered the "most important ingredient in a good children's community". "Safety" she has written on her card:

** instagram video **

CP Mary at the meeting yesterday with the Mary Foundation:

"“We had a lot of focus on well-being in advance, but we fell short when it came to tools. The school force has given us concrete tools, effective processes and a common language that helps us to lift the well-being task and deal with the challenges of bullying that we - like all schools - have. ”

This is what deputy headmaster Henrik A. Bunde from Skelgårdsskolen in Tårnby said yesterday, when he and teacher Kristian Bruun Nielsen shared the school's experiences with our latest school well - being program Skolestyrken with H.K.H. The Crown Princess, director of @bornsvilkar Rasmus Kjeldahl, @redbarnetdk's general secretary @johanneschmidtnielsen and Mary Fonden's director Helle Østergaard.

https://scontent.fath3-4.fna.fbcdn....=1d85dc60de8e478800565d79ecfa1a02&oe=60AF5F1A

https://www.instagram.com/p/COR0aZ_tMh8/

Last edited:
The Mary Foundation and Save the Children's joint race against bullying, Free of Bullying The Children's Relay, will be held this year for the first time in four Danish cities.*The purpose of Fri for Mobberi Børnestafetten is to create awareness about bullying and well-being by focusing on good child communities and the fight against bullying.

https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/mary-fonden-og-red-barnets-fri-for-mobberi-boernestafet-2021

The children's relay kicks off in Copenhagen on 7 August and continues in Rønne on 8 August, in Esbjerg on 9 August and in Odense on 10 August.*

Good news!

Presumably at least some of Mary's children will be present even though it's around start of school after the summer holiday.

The town of Rønne (beautiful, you'd love the pics when they come) is located on the island of Bornholm. They'll appreciate the gesture as they couldn't officially celebrate the - well, not Liberation, as such - from the Soviet forces. But that they left in good order and in friendship.
Esbjerg is a large town on the west coast of Jutland and a hub for the off shore industry. It's only fitting that town should be included in something that isn't about pipes or wind mills.
Odense is the third largest city in DK and the birthplace of H C Andersen. I imagine the relay will either start at his home there or at least run past the house.

The Mary Foundation has launched the project Fantastic Soccer Parties in connection with the upcoming European Soccer Championships:

"We all need to be part of a community. And one thing that can really bring us together is when we stand together to cheer in red and white", Crown Princess Mary is quoted saying:

** instagram video **

A sweet video to see. Sports can bring people together.

We can hope at least the twins will join her this year.

The point that Mary emphasize is that after 1½ of Corona shutdowns and restrictions people who are lonely have faced severe problems, because that's hardly the best conditions for meeting someone and making friends.
So loneliness, for some, has really increased.

That is something the Mary Foundation will put focus on and work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom