Crown Princess Mary and The Mary Foundation : 2007 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A nice and important tv-broadcast. And a dedicated interview with Mary and Mikkel.

We have a Crown Princess whose work reaches out to the ordinary Danes and homes in the Danish living rooms.

TV2 have, after the TV-program has ended, now posted more clips from the interview online. They can be seen here:

(It's all in Danish, however :))
Kronprinsessen og EM-stjernen i fælles kamp: 10 råd mod mobning - TV 2

The Mary Foundation is on Facebook and has now over 7,000 followers :flowers:

"We would give you 7000 'high fives' if it was possible. What you are doing is so important. When you verbalize and informs or express an opinion about loneliness, bullying or domestic violence, you break the taboos. Thank you!
A big thank you because you follow the Mary Foundation on Facebook. Every time you likes, shares or comments it's a voice in the fight against social isolation."

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden/?fref=ts

"Mary Foundation supports young advocates participating at the conference Women Deliver, with 250,000 kr.
With Mary Foundation special donation has made it possible for 13 young women and men from different parts of the world to attend the Women Delivers Global Conference on girls and women's health, rights and well-being, to be held in Copenhagen in May 2016th"

Mary Fonden støtter unge kvinderettighedsfortalere | Kongehuset - Forside

do we know where the funding for the mary foundation comes from to support the foundation and this kind of initiatives? is it through donations of companies that mary has relationship with?

Thank Polyesco :flowers:

Mary is the host and patron of the upcoming women conference in Copenhagen to May this year. It's the world's largest women conference and names like Angela Merkel will participate.

Too bad for us Danes tonight, but Germany simply were better tonight. Congratulations.

I'm sure we will see Frederik and Mary if Denmark reach the final. Just as they always do :)

Yes, the Germans are on a roll, we'll see how far they get. Good luck for Denmark!

Crown Princess wishes all at the Mary Foundation's Facebook a good weekend with her definition of friendship. What is friendship for you?

Mary writes on her card:

"Friendship is to be something for someone and that someone is something for you."

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden...29600.159000594147871/971043902943532/?type=3

We see Mary and the Mary Foundation use their Facebook page more and more personally - a natural progression as we will see more and more as Frederik and Mary takes more and more over.

I stumbled across this article from a local paper: To skæring-klasser vinder ’Fri fra mobberi’-pris - Lokalavisen Aarhus

It indirectly involves Mary.

As you know the Free From Bullying concept is promoted and supported by the Mary Foundation and the concept has been implemented in more than half the schools in DK and a third of the kindergartens.

Also at Skæring School in Eastern Jutland. Where two classes of 2nd gaders have won a Free From Bullying award.
They have used and implemented tools and inspiration from an anti-bullying suitcase donated by the Mary Foundation. This suitcase is full of ideas to deal with bullying.
In this particular case the classes worked with five dilemmas in order to better visualize and make it more understandable for the children.
That was followed by three weeks where each of the pupils at random drew the name of a classmate they were to secretly support, help and look after the following week.
At the end of the week they talked about what had been done and whether it had been noticed and made a difference.

Normally the concept urges the children to help, support and be friendly to each other, but here the concept was expanded with a kind of secret buddy-system and for what that the two classes have been awarded.

:previous: great concept and work.
Glad Mary and the Mary Foundation has had positive influence

As you know Mary's 'Free For Bullying' programme is very successful (We also have it in mine children's kindergarten) And now the anti-bullying program is also launched in Iceland.

So now 'Free For Bullying' is integrated in over 50% of all Danish kindergartens and after-school centers, in all Greenland kindergartens, on the Faroe Islands, in Estonia and now also in Iceland.

The Mary Foundation's Facebook page has posted the post and pictures from the launch in Iceland yesterday:

https://www.facebook.com/maryfonden/posts/977969688917620

Crown Princess Mary along with the Mary Foundation visited a project for mothers at the Odense shelter today, March 15.

The purpose of the visit was to check up on the progress of the project Advice for Life, which is supported by the Mary Foundation and aims to help women who are faced with domestic violence.

** fyens.dk gallery **

Last edited:
Thanks, Dazzling & Iceflower. :flowers:

Seems like they were drinking coffee outside... :lol:
And Mary seemed a bit confused when there were no one to receive her. :huh:

:previous: Like Frederik, she carries on calmly - with her hand in her pocket! They've been married long enough by now that they probably finish each other's sentences, too. :p

She looked uncomfortable at arrival: the hands in the pockets. Beautifully styled, even for this semi private visit.

What did Mary say when she arrived?

Excuse my clumsy wording. I mean this is a visit where some photos are taken, but a lot of it happens behind closed doors. It is after all a shelter and deals with the delicate subject of domestic violence.

Excuse my clumsy wording. I mean this is a visit where some photos are taken, but a lot of it happens behind closed doors. It is after all a shelter and deals with the delicate subject of domestic violence.

Thanks :flowers: and sorry that I didn't get what you meant.
Yes, that's the way visits like this usually go.

TVFyens gallery has been updated with pictures from Mary's visit at the Crisis Center. Mary had two visits today: First at the Mothers Help House and later at the Crisis Center.

http://images.fyens.dk/74/2810774_912_572_0_0_0_0_2.jpg (Love this picture :wub:)

:previous: Like Frederik, she carries on calmly - with her hand in her pocket! They've been married long enough by now that they probably finish each other's sentences, too. :p

I also love Mary's reaction, a laugh and a funny comment and walking to the door herself :D She's definitely Frederik's wife.

We are told by the woman in the video that Mary came before time and therefore the welcome committee didn't reach out to her in time. Oops.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's pertinent to mention that:

These visits show why I think we are so lucky with Mary as Crown Princess. The two places she visited today, Mothers Help and Odense Crisis Center are using the Mary Foundation's project "Advice for Life," which give Danish battered women free economic, legal and social counseling. Mary visited them for hearing about the Mary Foundation's project in practice.

The women who you can see Mary meeting in the pictures are all women who receive help through Mary's "Advice for Life".

We have a Crown Princess whose work, ideas and initiatives reach out and help the ordinar Danes.

This year, 63 Danish battered women received help in Odense town - nationwide thousands of Danish women receive help through the Mary Foundation "Advice for Life" yearly.

More pictures:

http://www.tv2fyn.dk/files/styles/16_9_huge/public/media/2016/11/1503mary6.jpg?itok=5qqboY4q
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/files/styles/16_9_huge/public/media/2016/11/1503mary3.jpg?itok=Gwynmx15
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/files/styles/16_9_huge/public/media/2016/11/1503mary.jpg?itok=vVNxNi_y
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/files/styles/16_9_huge/public/media/2016/11/1503mary5.jpg?itok=nSxS9rZA

Video of Mary being interviewed after her visit:

Billedgalleri: Mary besøgte voldsramte kvinder i Odense | TV 2 Fyn

After the visit were Mary pleased to have seen the concrete results of the Mary Foundation's work.

- I'm very impressed with the women who tell about their situation. They help to break down the taboo on domestic violence. It's something we have to articulate. We must break the silence, says the Crown Princess.

- I'm glad to hear that the work we does did what we hoped for.

Mary says more, but I haven't time to write a translation as our dinner is ready.

Video of Mary being interviewed after her visit:

Billedgalleri: Mary besøgte voldsramte kvinder i Odense | TV 2 Fyn

After the visit were Mary pleased to have seen the concrete results of the Mary Foundation's work.

- I'm very impressed with the women who tell about their situation. They help to break down the taboo on domestic violence. It's something we have to articulate. We must break the silence, says the Crown Princess.

- I'm glad to hear that the work we does did what we hoped for.

Mary says more, but I haven't time to write a translation as our dinner is ready.

thank you for the translation:flowers:
just great work being done

http://www.tv2fyn.dk/files/styles/1.../2016/11/1503mary_i_odense6.jpg?itok=H3lsdxNo
http://www.tv2fyn.dk/files/styles/16_9_huge/public/media/2016/11/1503mary5.jpg?itok=nSxS9rZA

:previous: Thank Muhler.

Notice the information: That Mary stayed for 45 minutes longer than was planned... That is typically Mary, and tells a lot about Mary's genuine commitment, doesn't it? :)

I saw this comment and yes, sometimes the press' prioritizing is embarrassing:

"How pitiful that the media brings lots of pictures from Queen's gala today and so we don't see our fantastic Crown Princess's work today at Odense shelter with such a seriously and taboo subject as battered women. Fortunately, the Mary Foundation fights for them. Especially the part where the psychological terror municipality expose our children and families. Thank you for your great work and your fantastic effort Dear Crown Princess <3 "

A longer video from the 19.30 news on TV2 Fyn (starts around 6:00 to 8:21)

19:30 - 15. mar. 2016 | TV 2 Fyn

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #12, 2016.
Written by Marianne Singer.

Recently Mary went to Odense to visit partners who co-operate with and who utilize Affording Life, which is a project under the Mary Foundation, aiming to provide economic assistance and help to women who after a time with abuse wish to start a new life on their own. (*)
Here she visited a crisis center and a center under Mødrehjælpen - Help to Mothers, which aims at helping women with children who have social issues of various kinds.
One of the women Mary met was Katrine Khadijeh Farzin Wirenfeldt, who expressed her feelings in a poem she read to Mary.
Afterwards Mary leaned over the table and took Katrine's hand: "That was a very beautiful poem. Very touching. Very honest and as she said herself, it's very important to put words on the feelings she has, because it helps her to move on".

Mary stayed for a couple of hours at the center under Mødrehjælpen (**), some 45 minutes more then scheduled, talking to those who come at the centers and the volunteers who work there and afterwards she said: "I'm very impressed with all the women who are willing to step forward and tell about the difficult situation they are in and have been in. It's enormously strong and courageous to stand forward and for that I'd like to thank them. It helps break down the taboo about domestic violence".

(*) Women who in most cases have had their self-confidence beaten out of them for years or who come from another country, don't know the language and haven't got the faintest idea about how to open a bank-account handle bills, let alone establishing a new home, with all that entails. Immigrant women constitute IIRC some 60 % of the women in crisis centers.
For these women the prospect of fending on their own is even more frightening than the daily abuse.

(**) No press at the crisis center I guess, which is understandable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom