The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

The word "fidus" is tricky to translate.

It can mean a scam (like selling the engine in a used car as "extra equipment"), a cunning plan (as in Blackadder), an idea to circumnavigate something (like taxes. The word skattefidus =tax-fidus is very common), something you've worked out, or simply a better way to do something with at least effort to you as possible.

In this context I think the concept can be translated to the "Club-scam". And being a nation of used-horse-sellers this has a quirky humour behind it and as such is seen as a positive thing.

Old 09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Aristocracy

It's lovely seeing them on the job together, I feel it's been so long since I saw them together working that I was getting withdrawal symptoms

But seriously it looks like they enjoyed themselves enormously and probably made those kids day, and in love as always

Old 09-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Royal Highness

It’s really an amazing pics , it’s really Cute Amazing how they hold each other hands all the time , they looks wonderful & so enjoying & so in Love ,, That’s what I really adore in them , cute couple , they made me smiling while watching the pics .
Old 09-17-2013, 06:28 PM
Nobility

all the photos of mary and frederik are so full of love and happiness

more photos here :-)

Frederik et Mary - Lancement des projets (1)

Frederik et Mary - Lancement des projets (4)

Frederik et Mary - Lancement des projets (3)
Old 09-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Royal Highness

thank you MaggieDenmark

very cute pictures.
Love their great attitudes.
and Frederik is getting more handsome everyday
http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.center.../florian36.jpg

http://frederiketmary.f.r.pic.center...o/florian2.jpg
Old 09-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Another photogallery

PPE Agency
Lovely pics! Mary and Frederik look so happy and in love It's great that he attended this event with Mary!
Old 09-18-2013, 04:59 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

What a great event for the both of them to be at. They looked like they had quite a good time. Thanks for the pictures everyone.

billedbladet.dk video
Old 09-18-2013, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A couple of large pics from yesterday have been added to the official website:

** kongehuset.dk: Lancering af Klubfidusen **

And here's another gallery:

** pp: Princesse Mary : Footballeuse de charme, main dans la main avec Frederik **
Old 09-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Serene Highness

A three minutes long video from BT with interview with both Mary and Frederik

TV: Her spiller kronprinsparret fodbold med børn | www.bt.dk

And here the clip there was shown in our news last night

Kronprinsen afslører: Blev drillet som barn | GO'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
Another photogallery

PPE Agency
Lovely pics! Mary and Frederik look so happy and in love It's great that he attended this event with Mary!
Thanks Marika,

These pictures definitely made me smile

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2...E130917173.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2...E130917172.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2...E130917165.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2...E130917159.jpg

One more video

VIDEO:Frederik og Mary mod mobning i klubber - dr.dk/Ultra/Ultranyt
Old 09-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

What a fun event, and what better partner to have to play soccer with than her own husband! Way to go Frederik for attending with her. They genuinely look like they had a good time and enjoyed themselves.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:52 AM
Royal Highness

some pictures from the event on the Mary Foundation website

Lancering af Klubfidusen | MaryFonden.dk
Old 09-26-2013, 08:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #39, 2013.
Kæmpede hånd i hånd - Fought hand in hand.
Written by our sporty reporter Marianne Singer.

As you know Mary dragged her husband, litterally, to the opening of the new initiative launchd by the Mary Foundation, called the Club-Scam.
The purpose being to help and encourage sports clubs to include new and often socially weak or lonely children, who can find friendship and a community within a club. But also to help clubs preventing socailly weak children from leaving, because a considerable number of children who join a club leave because they are kept out from the community or because they are bullied. (*)

In that capacity M&F turned up at Bagsværd Club sports field to be met by an enthusiastic crowd of children who were very eager to greet M&F. (**)

Mary said in her speech: "We have been looking forward to the kick off of the Club Scam together with you here in Bagsværd Club. In our family, sports - as some of you probably know - take up a lot of space. Through sport we have created a world of playing, experiences and friendships - and we have gotten something positive to gather around. The Club-scam is about giving all children access to the ommunity which is a part of sports.
I'm incredibly happy that my husband, the Crown Prince, who is deeply dedicated to the world of sports, is also supporting out important project".

After the speech M&F joing hand as a symbol of the initiative played soccer with a number of children - and they had to fight!
Afterwards Mary chatted with a couple of trainers for a girl-soccer team, while Frederik showed off by joggling a ball with his feet.

To our reporter Mary admitted that she really hasn't much experience with soccer.
Frederik interjected laughingly: "It was cricket".
Mary explained that she had tried hockey, netball and basketball.
Frederik attended a soccer club for two years and Christianhas also tried soccer: "That was a fun time". He added that he had been teased, but not much and certainly not bulied, because he "on paper was different".

Being a good teammate is a part of the subjects talked about at home at Amalienborg. Mary: "Sports take up a lot in our family and we see it as a very important part of the growing up and bring up of our children".
Frederik: "We would like to motivate them to attend a broad segments of sports - both team sports but also individual sport".

(*) There is a Danish idiom covering exactly this: Nissen flytter med = The pixie/house-elf moves along (with you).
A very, very, old expression meaning that your personal problems, unless they are addressed, moves along with you to the new place/club/home/work whatever.

(**) I understand soccer is a growing sport in the USA? Particularly among girls? Here it is still a predominantly boys sport.
Old 09-26-2013, 09:04 AM
Serene Highness

Thanks Muhler,

Do we know if Christian still goes to soccer?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Thanks Muhler,

Do we know if Christian still goes to soccer?
You are welcome.

I was wondering the same thing. But children shop sports at that age, so who knows?
Old 09-26-2013, 09:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
You are welcome.

I was wondering the same thing. But children shop sports at that age, so who knows?
You're right, and who says we have to know everything

But from the new interview in The Australian Women's Weekly we are told that Bella still goes to her dance/gymnastics.
Old 11-20-2013, 09:31 AM
Serene Highness

Nothing in the official calendar, but tweets and posts on Facebook says Mary yesterday was at the Carlsberg Employee Meeting - apparently presenting something about the Mary Foundation.

She held a speech, as well

Twitter picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZc1IzjIUAAMzRC.jpg:large

If you follow Mary on the social media one will discover that this relatively often happens. The fact, that nothing is listed in the official calendar although Mary is actually working. For example for the Mary Foundation. Probably for coming out and learn, observe and gather inspiration for new initiatives. Without the press is right behind her from she arrives to she leaves..

I guess many things happening behind the scenes that we don't know of.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

there are 2 more pictures, the Mary Foundation obviously received a donation from Carlsberg (50,000 DKK)
https://twitter.com/farkhodn/status/.../photo/1/large
https://twitter.com/farkhodn/status/.../photo/1/large
Old 11-20-2013, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Nothing in the official calendar, but tweets and posts on Facebook says Mary yesterday was at the Carlsberg Employee Meeting - apparently presenting something about the Mary Foundation.

She held a speech, as well

Twitter picture: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BZc1IzjIUAAMzRC.jpg:large

If you follow Mary on the social media one will discover that this relatively often happens. The fact, that nothing is listed in the official calendar although Mary is actually working. For example for the Mary Foundation. Probably for coming out and learn, observe and gather inspiration for new initiatives. Without the press is right behind her from she arrives to she leaves..

I guess many things happening behind the scenes that we don't know of.
It's normal for royals to attend meetings which aren't listed on their calendars. Ive read that royals do work and attend many meeting we aren't aware of. The Mary foundation is something that Mary is head of and therefore she would be attending different meetings or meet with people at the palace every now and then for follow up's, latest news and discussion.

Thank you for sharing the information. Do you know when this took place?
Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Serene Highness

You are welcome

The meeting took place yesterday afternoon around 3pm.

Thanks for added pictures, fairytale.
Old 11-22-2013, 03:01 AM
Serene Highness

The Mary Foundation's homepage has uploaded a gallery from their information meeting on Carlsberg, on 19th Tuesday

HRH Crown Princess and Director Helle Østergaard presented the Mary Foundation's work, results and objectives in Carlsberg's staff meeting. Carlsberg is one of Mary Foundation's eight original co-founders who already in the construction phase supported the Mary Foundation's vision.

Besøg på Carlsberg | MaryFonden.dk

Picture (for some reasons I can only open this one)
http://www.maryfonden.dk/files/style...%20%282%29.jpg

Tags
anti bulling, crown princess mary, foundation, mary, mary donaldson, mary foundation, patron, patronages, the mary foundation