The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #341  
Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 AM
Hannelore's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Posts: 2,110
Since this is a Mary Foundation project, was Caroline Heering present too? I can't spot her on the pics.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #342  
Old 08-29-2012, 02:05 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,144


Yes, she was. You can find her on this pic that is part of the followig yet unseen gallery


** pp: Princesse Mary : Idole des jeunes dans toutes les maternelles ! **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #343  
Old 09-13-2012, 07:44 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,144
.

Yesterday, September 12, Crown Princess Mary attended the annual board meeting of her Fund - Mary Fonden - at Amalienborg Palace.
The fund had its 5th anniversary.


** ppe gallery **


Bigger versions of the pics can be found here:


** kongehuset.dk: Mary Fonden afholder præsidiemøde **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #344  
Old 09-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
Translation of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Jeg inspirerer mine børn – I inspire my children.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Crown Princess Mary was the profile of the day when the Mary Foundation’s ReadPlay-introduction event was launched at the Kindergarten The Swan in Brøndby Strand. (Part of Copenhagen).
The project is created in order to give kindergarten-children more words (a larger vocabulary) and the courage to use them. By having stories read out aloud and then talk about the children gain more self confidence and (they) become better skilled at maintaining and establishing new relations to other children. That’s what a brand new research shows, explained by among others the Crown Princess in the kindergarten, where she also read to and played with the many children in a way she seemed very secure and confident with. And there is a good reason for that.
That’s the way Mary in private at home in the children’s room at Amalienborg reads to her four children. That she told about to Billed Bladet during a vacant moment at the visit to the kindergarten.
- “I’ve read aloud for my children from they were very young. I haven’t from the start used the method the pedagogues use and have demonstrated today, but I read very interactively and inspire to discussion, when we read aloud”, said Mary.
- “What I do is probably akin to the ReadPlay principle, but it’s first and foremost. I encourage my children to discussion and listen to what they think about the story and what they think a good ending to the story could be”, explained the Crown Princess, who as far as possible also include he two youngest when she reads aloud.
- “The twins are sitting there when I read aloud. And they point and make sounds, but (they) can’t really answer the questions. But they enjoy it and that’s what reading aloud is also about. That is to enjoy the togetherness, you have when you read together”.
The ReadPlay project is very much about making being read to more alive for the little children. The Crown Princess has certainly also been inspired to dramatize her reading to her own children.
- “Now I’ve seen and heard more about how you do it, so now I might come up with doing myself for the children”, where the words from Mary, who is in particular very often reading bedtime stories for her won children. (*)
- “It’s not always that all four children are present when stories are read in the evening. They do have different hours when they go to bed”, told the Crown Princess.
The ReadPlay method reach far beyond the situation of reading aloud in the children’s room. That the Crown Princess put a lot of emphasis on in her speech in the Kindergarten The Swan.
- “ReadPlay is about playing. About diving into the wondrous world of books and about collecting words and a common experience. In ReadPlay the children not have to listen. They become a part of the story. The children are invited into the universe of the books, where they talk and come up with their own version of parts of the story. It makes the children proud and more self confident to take part in the story. And the story doesn’t end on the last page but is the platform for play and for creative activities which brings the children together – also after – that’s all folks….”, said Mary and thanked all municipalities that supported the project.
On the way home The Crown Princess incidentally lifted the veil for what she is reading aloud at home these days.
- “Right now we are reading Jakob Martin Strid’s – The incredible story about the huge pear”, said the Crown Princess before waving goodbye to her little friends in the Kindergarten The Swan.

(*) If she is in doubt about how to dramatize a store that is read out, she needs look no further than her mother-in-law!

- It seems it’s mainly Mary who takes care of the bedtime story and the more pedagogical approach to storytelling. I can well imagine that Frederik more improvise stories, or rather yarns, for his children.
Involving children in story telling and talking about is very sound I think, but not as bedtime stories. You don’t want the children thinking and talking too much at bedtime. It’s certainly my experience that the instead children prefer stories they are familiar with, while basically enjoying snuggling up to mum or dad. – And when I tried to make the stories more “cool” (it is as you all know a well known secret that the wolf in Red Ridinghood was a secret ninja warrior), I got an immediate: “That’s not how the story goes”!
In our home it was also Mrs. Muhler who mainly red bedtime stories, that was a part of her special quality time. Now our youngest read aloud to us, while snuggling up to mum and dad. Her favorite books are about vampires and werewolves – with teenage problems…. We don’t care, as long as she reads. The oldest likes to discuss what he reads.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #345  
Old 10-10-2012, 04:55 PM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: G., Germany
Posts: 2,821
CP Mary held an event for Mary Foundation partners in Frederik VIII's Palace, October 2, 2012.
Picture
__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
Reply With Quote
  #346  
Old 10-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler
Translation of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Jeg inspirerer mine børn – I inspire my children.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Crown Princess Mary was the profile of the day when the Mary Foundation’s ReadPlay-introduction event was launched at the Kindergarten The Swan in Brøndby Strand. (Part of Copenhagen).
The project is created in order to give kindergarten-children more words (a larger vocabulary) and the courage to use them. By having stories read out aloud and then talk about the children gain more self confidence and (they) become better skilled at maintaining and establishing new relations to other children. That’s what a brand new research shows, explained by among others the Crown Princess in the kindergarten, where she also read to and played with the many children in a way she seemed very secure and confident with. And there is a good reason for that.
That’s the way Mary in private at home in the children’s room at Amalienborg reads to her four children. That she told about to Billed Bladet during a vacant moment at the visit to the kindergarten.
- “I’ve read aloud for my children from they were very young. I haven’t from the start used the method the pedagogues use and have demonstrated today, but I read very interactively and inspire to discussion, when we read aloud”, said Mary.
- “What I do is probably akin to the ReadPlay principle, but it’s first and foremost. I encourage my children to discussion and listen to what they think about the story and what they think a good ending to the story could be”, explained the Crown Princess, who as far as possible also include he two youngest when she reads aloud.
- “The twins are sitting there when I read aloud. And they point and make sounds, but (they) can’t really answer the questions. But they enjoy it and that’s what reading aloud is also about. That is to enjoy the togetherness, you have when you read together”.
The ReadPlay project is very much about making being read to more alive for the little children. The Crown Princess has certainly also been inspired to dramatize her reading to her own children.
- “Now I’ve seen and heard more about how you do it, so now I might come up with doing myself for the children”, where the words from Mary, who is in particular very often reading bedtime stories for her won children. (*)
- “It’s not always that all four children are present when stories are read in the evening. They do have different hours when they go to bed”, told the Crown Princess.
The ReadPlay method reach far beyond the situation of reading aloud in the children’s room. That the Crown Princess put a lot of emphasis on in her speech in the Kindergarten The Swan.
- “ReadPlay is about playing. About diving into the wondrous world of books and about collecting words and a common experience. In ReadPlay the children not have to listen. They become a part of the story. The children are invited into the universe of the books, where they talk and come up with their own version of parts of the story. It makes the children proud and more self confident to take part in the story. And the story doesn’t end on the last page but is the platform for play and for creative activities which brings the children together – also after – that’s all folks….”, said Mary and thanked all municipalities that supported the project.
On the way home The Crown Princess incidentally lifted the veil for what she is reading aloud at home these days.
- “Right now we are reading Jakob Martin Strid’s – The incredible story about the huge pear”, said the Crown Princess before waving goodbye to her little friends in the Kindergarten The Swan.

(*) If she is in doubt about how to dramatize a store that is read out, she needs look no further than her mother-in-law!

- It seems it’s mainly Mary who takes care of the bedtime story and the more pedagogical approach to storytelling. I can well imagine that Frederik more improvise stories, or rather yarns, for his children.
Involving children in story telling and talking about is very sound I think, but not as bedtime stories. You don’t want the children thinking and talking too much at bedtime. It’s certainly my experience that the instead children prefer stories they are familiar with, while basically enjoying snuggling up to mum or dad. – And when I tried to make the stories more “cool” (it is as you all know a well known secret that the wolf in Red Ridinghood was a secret ninja warrior), I got an immediate: “That’s not how the story goes”!
In our home it was also Mrs. Muhler who mainly red bedtime stories, that was a part of her special quality time. Now our youngest read aloud to us, while snuggling up to mum and dad. Her favorite books are about vampires and werewolves – with teenage problems…. We don’t care, as long as she reads. The oldest likes to discuss what he reads.
Very interesting approach. I'm teaching pre-kindergarten kids, and we read a nice number of books a week. They love it. I always try to involve the kids by asking them to point out different things, or to make text-to-self parallels, but we have yet to get into something like this article suggests. I think the method sounds great, and it would definitely encourage interactions, and make reading fun. Mary does strike me as someone who would take a more 'educational' approach when it comes to things like reading, but like you, I agree that bedtime is not always the best time and place for something that involved (it could rile the kids up, and then, good luck getting them to mellow out). However, if it works, then who am I to suggest anything different ?
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #347  
Old 11-21-2012, 12:07 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 18,383
MARY FOUNDATION PROJECT "NETWERK"
More on tomorrows event see here
Reply With Quote
  #348  
Old 11-22-2012, 10:44 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,517
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
MARY FOUNDATION PROJECT "NETWERK"
More on tomorrows event see here
The first picture and article about todays event

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...gymnasiet.aspx

Look at all the young people in the picture - always ready with mobile phone in their hands
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #349  
Old 11-22-2012, 12:04 PM
fairy tale's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: G., Germany
Posts: 2,821
Mary mod ensomhed - Lorry - Nyheder - SAMFUND
Google Translation

more pictures Mary Fondens markering af projektet Netwerk - Kongehuset

short video Player

__________________
Let your heart guide you. It whispers, so listen closely. - The Land Before Time
Reply With Quote
  #350  
Old 11-22-2012, 01:47 PM
Archduchess Zelia's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 1,977
I'd wish she had come to my school, but that never happens
I'm very happy that Mary and the Mary Foundation is putting focus on all the young people who suffer from loneliness, anxiety and just generally have a bad time in school. I've been one of those for a lot of years, battling with depression and anxiety, and it really warms my heart that she cares.
__________________
"In spite of the many initiatives our society offers to help and support, recovery can be such a monumental task that some give up.
They withdraw into themselves. Not least during Christmas and New Year is it hard to feel left out. Tonight my thoughts are with them."

— Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Reply With Quote
  #351  
Old 11-22-2012, 07:30 PM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,517
Thank you, Fairy tale, for this interesting video
As a Dane, I am really impressed with Mary's Danish. I think she speaks an impressive Danish!


And an article from dr.dk
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2012/11/Se%20kronprinsesse%20Marys%20mange%20eksklusive%20oereringe.aspx


And some (small) pictures
http://www.dr.dk/php/p3/komma-nul-wordpress/tvaers/media/images/16693/300/200/S3Q2600.jpg
http://www.dr.dk/php/p3/komma-nul-wordpress/tvaers/media/images/16694/300/200/S3Q2679.jpg
http://www.dr.dk/php/p3/komma-nul-wordpress/tvaers/media/images/16700/300/200/S3Q3239.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #352  
Old 11-23-2012, 04:15 AM
Marika86's Avatar
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 3,481
More photogalleries

Prinsessa Mary mukana kouluprojektissa, joka painottaa yhteisöllisyyttä | Lehtikuva | lehtikuva.fi

"Pure People" Princesse Mary : Radieuse entourée de lycéens, elle entre dans le vif du sujet
__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
Reply With Quote
  #353  
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,144
.

More pics and videos from yesterday can be found here (click on the pics on the right side to get the gallery started!):



** localeyes.dk: Mary kæmper mod ensomhed **



** svenskdam.se: Mary besökte gymnasium i Frederiksberg ** translation ** svenskdam.se article 2 **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #354  
Old 11-23-2012, 06:43 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,517
Two more pics from yesterday :)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Sf2j6_K63U...Vc/s1600/j.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dvSlL5Pfhr...00/zzzzzzz.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #355  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
And let me contribute with two big pics from BT: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...-gymnasium.jpg

http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files...ns-gymnasi.jpg
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #356  
Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 5,088
An interesting article form Jyllands Posten: Færre udsættes for kærestevold

As you know the Mary Foundation has put focus on abuse, especially physical abuse within relationships among young couples.
A new official report has just been published.

According to that the number of people between 16-24 who have suffered physical abuse has dropped markedly since 2007.

In 2007 10.2 % of all young women and girls had been subjected to physical abuse within the past year. For the young men the number was 4.3 %.

Today the numbers have dropped to 6.5 % for young women and 3.7 % for young men, who have experienced physical abuse within the last year.

That is in my opinion still a high number.

The survey (this time read in the paper Politiken) reveals that a considerable number, of especially the very young, accept physical abuse. Often simply due to inexperience. They simply don't know what is normal and acceptable within a relationship and that applies to both those who are abused as well as those who abuse.
And way too often they don't tell anyone, either because they are inexperienced, feel embarrased or simply because they have no one they confide such things to.

The report also mentions that 45 % of the young women and 24 % of the young men sought help from freinds, family or the authorities. - Depending on how you look at it, it's either an alarmingly low number or a positve high number.

- I cannot say whether the campaign by the Mary Foundation has had any effect on this drop in itself. I would like to believe it has, simply bacause a considerable number of those who read the weeklies and read about Mary are young girls. And if they happen to have stumbled across the articles about abuse within young relationships perhaps that had an effect.
That combined with the, albeit inadequate, information some schools provide on the subject.
__________________
I love work, it absolutely fascinates me. I can sit for hours looking at people working.
Reply With Quote
  #357  
Old 01-21-2013, 05:32 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 1,517
The Mary Foundation has got a new homepage:

Billed-Bladet - Nu har kronprinsesse Mary fået ny hjemmeside
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #358  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:11 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,040
What is the annual budget of the H.K.H Kronprinsesse Mary Fond (Mary fonden)? I looked at the website but was not able to find any financial information.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #359  
Old 01-26-2013, 02:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 956
I don't know what the annual budget is but you can find this financial information: The Mary Foundation was founded with the people's gift in connection with the wedding in 2004, which was 1,1 mio. kroner . After a group of co-founders was established, the basic capital today is 130 mio. kroner. The Hempel Foundation covers the administration costs.
Historie | MaryFonden.dk
Driftspartner og medstiftere | MaryFonden.dk
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #360  
Old 01-26-2013, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: San Francisco, United States
Posts: 2,040
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I don't know what the annual budget is but you can find this financial information: The Mary Foundation was founded with the people's gift in connection with the wedding in 2004, which was 1,1 mio. kroner . After a group of co-founders was established, the basic capital today is 130 mio. kroner. The Hempel Foundation covers the administration costs.
Historie | MaryFonden.dk
Driftspartner og medstiftere | MaryFonden.dk
Thanks. That was the information I could not find.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anti bulling, crown princess mary, foundation, mary, mary donaldson, mary foundation, patron, patronages, the mary foundation


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Children's Aid Foundation (Børnehjælpsdagen) pdas1201 Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 41 05-11-2014 05:08 PM
Crown Princess Mary and The Danish Cancer Foundation/Society pdas1201 Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 182 02-09-2014 12:50 PM
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Christmas Seal Foundation (Julemærkefonden) Dennism Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 195 11-25-2012 10:55 AM
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Alannah & Madeline Foundation (Anti-Bullying) bbb Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family 34 10-10-2011 11:07 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince felipe crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta elena infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman picture of the month pieter van vollenhoven pom prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]