The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #281  
Old 02-27-2012, 07:14 AM
Patra's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern, United States
Posts: 2,215
Looking forward to seein CP Mary in DC this week for her foundation activities.
__________________

__________________
Patra
God is in the Details.....
Reply With Quote
  #282  
Old 02-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,537
Thank you Muhler, and Florencia for information and first pictures. I'm glad Mary is working with such worthy causes. Her foundation appears to have helped so many.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #283  
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , United States
Posts: 2,004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Thank you Muhler, and Florencia for information and first pictures. I'm glad Mary is working with such worthy causes. Her foundation appears to have helped so many.
It most definitely is a worthy cause. Didn't it start as an anti bullying group and then grew to include the domestic violence part?
Reply With Quote
  #284  
Old 02-27-2012, 02:47 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post
It most definitely is a worthy cause. Didn't it start as an anti bullying group and then grew to include the domestic violence part?
I think it started with the two areas “bullying and wellbeing” and “domestic violence”
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #285  
Old 02-28-2012, 02:03 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 28,905
Here are some more galleries from yesterday, with a few not yet included pictures:




** gettyimages gallery ** sn.dk gallery ** bt.dk gallery ** And one from lehtikuva.fi **


** purepeople: Princesse Mary : Superbe à Washington, ardente avocate des femmes battues **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #286  
Old 02-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Florencia's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: *, Argentina
Posts: 567
Crown Princess Mary's speech at the opening of the conference:
Mary Fonden

Princess Mary attends a workshop at The Mary Foundation, a charity foundation established by the Princess, Tuesday, Feb. 28, 2012, at the second World Conference of Women's Shelters at the Gaylord Hotel in National Harbor
Pics: MYROYALS: PR
Reply With Quote
  #287  
Old 02-28-2012, 01:17 PM
Artemisia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Yerevan, Armenia
Posts: 5,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Crown Princess Mary's speech at the opening of the conference:
Mary Fonden
Wonderful speech. I particularly enjoyed the poem by Marta Tikkanen which I had never read before.
The Mary Foundation deals with very complex and difficult situations; I'm glad Princess Mary chose that particular issue and appears to be devoted to it.
Reply With Quote
  #288  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:34 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,431
HRH Crown Princess Mary addresses conference on domestic violence in Washington
Article & picture
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #289  
Old 03-01-2012, 06:44 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 6,393
Quote:
Originally Posted by Florencia View Post
Crown Princess Mary's speech at the opening of the conference:
Mary Fonden
Thanks, Florencia

The poem appears to have become some sort of (very suitable) signature for the domestic abuse part of the Mary Foundation, as it isn't the first time Mary has used it.

Apart from that Billed Bladet's woman in Washington, Anna Johannesen reports that Mary has now returned to DK and that she was accompanied by Caroline Heering.
The two of them went out to have a look at Washington together, when the official part was over.
Reply With Quote
  #290  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:24 PM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,910
Article about Mary's visit to the IDB:
Denmark donates $2.4 million for gender and diversity - Inter-American Development Bank

A series of videos from the IDB website from Mary's visit:
https://www.box.com/s/pakljl4n3yoeuoqqk9io
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #291  
Old 03-05-2012, 04:49 AM
biboquinhas's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Portugal, Portugal
Posts: 3,047
Did she travelled with two lady in waiting?
__________________
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE provides food for an animal in a shelter or sanctuary. Feed an animal in need, click for free.http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Reply With Quote
  #292  
Old 03-05-2012, 09:36 AM
agami.pearl's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,802
I think she traveled only with Caroline Heering. She still works for Mary and always attends at the events connected with Mary Foundation.
Reply With Quote
  #293  
Old 03-08-2012, 11:11 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,431
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #294  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:02 PM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 20,431
June 4-7, 2012 Mary will be in Greenland for the foundation according to this article
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #295  
Old 04-21-2012, 06:22 AM
Sternchen's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: xxx, Germany
Posts: 1,282
Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl
I think she traveled only with Caroline Heering. She still works for Mary and always attends at the events connected with Mary Foundation.
I think Caroline is member of the Board?
__________________
Soccer is a game for 22 people that run around, play the ball, and one referee who makes a slew of mistakes, and in the end Germany always wins.
Gary Lineker
Reply With Quote
  #296  
Old 04-21-2012, 07:23 AM
Lady Rosie's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 204
Yes Sternchen, Caroline Heering is indeed on the Board of Trustees.

Mary Fonden
Reply With Quote
  #297  
Old 04-24-2012, 03:40 AM
JessRulz's Avatar
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 5,910
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
June 4-7, 2012 Mary will be in Greenland for the foundation according to this article
Confirmed by Kongehuset:
Quote:
H.K.H. Kronprinsessen besøger Grønland med Mary Fonden i perioden 4.-7. juni.
Quote:
H.R.H. The Crown Princess visits Greenland with the Mary Foundation in the period of 4-7 June.
__________________
**TRF Rules and FAQ**
Reply With Quote
  #298  
Old 04-26-2012, 07:56 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 6,393
That's right, Jessrulz

Summary of a note in Billed Bladet #17, 2012.
Mary til Grønland - Mary to Greenland.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

The Australian anti-bullying concept, introduced in Denmark by Mary was introduced in Greenland in 2009 and now Mary will go to Greenland to see what has benn the outcome.
As mentioned above the visit will take place in early June.

In Greenland the anti bullying project is called Kammagiitta.
Mary will visit a kindergarten in Saqqaq and a school in Illulissat.
She will also meet representatives for the municipalities Kanukoka and Naalakkersuisut, where the programme was first started.

Unfortunately social issues involving children is a huge problem in Greenland, in that context the little suitcases handed out to children, containing various toys and teaching and stimulating material have been a major success. - They are in particular handed out a family crisis centres.
Reply With Quote
  #299  
Old 05-23-2012, 05:49 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 6,393
One of the things Mary as patron of the Mary Foundation has focused on is violence and abuse within a relationship. In particular violence between teenagers.
Who being inexperienced sometimes don't know for sure what is acceptable and who to talk to about such issues.

This article from DR1 is about the result of a survey by the State Institute for Public Health. DIN MENING: Er det blevet mindre pinligt at snakke om vold? - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Full translation:
Your opinion: Has it become less embarassing to talk about abuse/violence?
Written by Christine Hyldal.

For the past five years the number of 16-24 year old women who have been subjected to violence from a partner has dropped markedly from 10.5 % to 6.5 % within the past five years.
That's what new figures from the State Instutute for Public Helth shows.
The researcher behind the survey believe that the drop is the result of us no longer being afraid to talk about violence among sweethearts. In other words, it's no longer such a big taboo as it used to be.
(What follows is an encouragement to comment).


- As you can tell Mary and the Mary Foundation isn't mentioned, however it was about four or five years ago, Mary put focus on this issue, so perhaps in a small way the effort lead to something?

An article about the survey itself: Forsker: Åbenhed er skyld i færre tilfælde af kærestevold - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland
The researcher, Karin Helweg-Larsen concludes that openness about the issue is the determining facor in the drop of abuse within relationships among youths.

3.000 youths took part in this survey and Karin Helweg-Larsen explains: "I think it's the major focus there has been on that youths should no longer put up with sweetheart-abuse, that has had an effect. This is a very vulnerable period in their lives, where they have to learn what a good relationship between sweethearts is.
There has become much more openess on physical abuse. Previously it was perhaps a loss of prestige, if you were subjected to violence. Now you know that it is something others are subjected to as well".

3.000 youths between 16 and 24 took part in this survey. Of those 6.5 % said thay had been subjected to physical, psycological or sexual abuse by a boyfriend.

In 2007 a similar survey showed that 10.5 % had been subjected to abuse.
Reply With Quote
  #300  
Old 05-24-2012, 02:39 AM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 7,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
That's right, Jessrulz

Summary of a note in Billed Bladet #17, 2012.
Mary til Grønland - Mary to Greenland.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

The Australian anti-bullying concept, introduced in Denmark by Mary was introduced in Greenland in 2009 and now Mary will go to Greenland to see what has benn the outcome.
As mentioned above the visit will take place in early June.

In Greenland the anti bullying project is called Kammagiitta.
Mary will visit a kindergarten in Saqqaq and a school in Illulissat.
She will also meet representatives for the municipalities Kanukoka and Naalakkersuisut, where the programme was first started.

Unfortunately social issues involving children is a huge problem in Greenland, in that context the little suitcases handed out to children, containing various toys and teaching and stimulating material have been a major success. - They are in particular handed out a family crisis centres.
I'm so glad to see that bullying is receiving the attention it deserves. As a teacher for children with special needs (and a person who has a disability), I have seen first hand what harm bullying can inflict. It's lovely to see that Mary is passionate about this issue and is brining attention to it through her foundation. Thank you, as always, for your translation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
One of the things Mary as patron of the Mary Foundation has focused on is violence and abuse within a relationship. In particular violence between teenagers.
Who being inexperienced sometimes don't know for sure what is acceptable and who to talk to about such issues.

This article from DR1 is about the result of a survey by the State Institute for Public Health. DIN MENING: Er det blevet mindre pinligt at snakke om vold? - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland

Full translation:
Your opinion: Has it become less embarassing to talk about abuse/violence?
Written by Christine Hyldal.

For the past five years the number of 16-24 year old women who have been subjected to violence from a partner has dropped markedly from 10.5 % to 6.5 % within the past five years.
That's what new figures from the State Instutute for Public Helth shows.
The researcher behind the survey believe that the drop is the result of us no longer being afraid to talk about violence among sweethearts. In other words, it's no longer such a big taboo as it used to be.
(What follows is an encouragement to comment).


- As you can tell Mary and the Mary Foundation isn't mentioned, however it was about four or five years ago, Mary put focus on this issue, so perhaps in a small way the effort lead to something?

An article about the survey itself: Forsker: Åbenhed er skyld i færre tilfælde af kærestevold - dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland
The researcher, Karin Helweg-Larsen concludes that openness about the issue is the determining facor in the drop of abuse within relationships among youths.

3.000 youths took part in this survey and Karin Helweg-Larsen explains: "I think it's the major focus there has been on that youths should no longer put up with sweetheart-abuse, that has had an effect. This is a very vulnerable period in their lives, where they have to learn what a good relationship between sweethearts is.
There has become much more openess on physical abuse. Previously it was perhaps a loss of prestige, if you were subjected to violence. Now you know that it is something others are subjected to as well".

3.000 youths between 16 and 24 took part in this survey. Of those 6.5 % said thay had been subjected to physical, psycological or sexual abuse by a boyfriend.

In 2007 a similar survey showed that 10.5 % had been subjected to abuse.
This is another area that deserves attention. Though today views about violence in relationships are different than they were several decades back, it's still something that is quite serious. Many young people (women and men) have no idea what a healthy romantic relationship should be for various reasons, such as lack of a good model at home, and they may see something that's dysfunctional as normal and acceptable. Again, I'm glad that Mary's foundation is focusing on this.
__________________

__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
anti bulling, crown princess mary, foundation, mary, mary donaldson, mary foundation, patron, patronages, the mary foundation


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Alannah & Madeline Foundation (Anti-Bullying) bbb Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 36 01-26-2015 04:57 PM
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of The Christmas Seal Foundation (Julemærkefonden) Dennism Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 204 11-18-2014 10:07 PM
Crown Princess Mary as Patron of the Children's Aid Foundation (Børnehjælpsdagen) pdas1201 Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 50 10-03-2014 08:27 AM
Crown Princess Mary and The Danish Cancer Foundation/Society pdas1201 Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 182 02-09-2014 11:50 AM




Popular Tags
australia best outfit camilla carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death duchess of cornwall duke of cambridge fashion fashion poll france funeral germany hereditary grand duchess stéphanie infanta leonor king abdullah of jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king philippe king willem-alexander letizia maxima official visit picture of the week president gauck president hollande prince carl philip prince daniel prince frederik prince harry prince of wales princess ariane princess charlene princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary style princess mette-marit princess victoria queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sayn sofia hellqvist spanish royals state visit sweden the hague tiara united states of america wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:59 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]