Crown Princess Mary and the Danish Home Guard: 2008 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure Caroline didn't imagine this was required of her when she got the job as CP Mary's Lady-in-waiting/secretary!
But Mary looks cool!

in the hola magazine their are an article that states that the course was for 2 months i waswondering how long each day it was and how many times a week, i am sure it was hard! speacillay for Caroline

Not any of the current group of crown princesses (with the possible exception of Victoria, I don't know if she ever did has).

However, there are several royal ladies who have done military service. Princess Anne, The Princess Royal, has long been involved with the military, and her mother, Queen Elizabeth II was a driver in WWII (that's when she learned how to drive!). Princess Astrid of Belgium is a colonel in the Belgian military medic corp, and at least one of King Abdullah II of Jordan's sisters has done military service.

Not any of the current group of crown princesses (with the possible exception of Victoria, I don't know if she ever did has)...

Victoria did some type of military training earlier on in her days as CP - there were pictures of her all covered in mud and army make-up :D

Denmark's glamorous royal completes Home Guard training

Have any of the other princesses done this type of training?

Mary isn't wearing her wedding ring? She was wearing it in the earlier photos, and Caroline Heering is wearing hers in all the other army shots. There have been reports that Fred lost his wedding ring while diving, so perhaps she is superstitious and won't wear her ring until his is restored.

Well if my hands were covered in a green substance I wouldn't want to wear my diamond studded wedding ring either, nor my Brazilian crafted engagement ring...;)

Fred is wearing a ring again and has been since shortly after he lost his ring.

Stellad

Fred is wearing a ring again and has been since shortly after he lost his ring.

Stellad

Yes, Danish Royal Watchers discuss it here. They say that it looks like he had a replacement ring (and show a picture from Verbier).

Dont think so, at least, not yet

I'm glad, she's continued her training and congratulations that she's made it to lieutenant.
x

:ohmy: I'm sorry,is Mary,as the future Queen,obliged to go through all this training/education?And for what?To prove that she loves Denmark,for example?

:ohmy: I'm sorry,is Mary,as the future Queen,obliged to go through all this training/education?And for what?To prove that she loves Denmark,for example?
Carrying on a tradition perhaps? Isn't that what royals do ?;)
Queen Margrethe was educated in the Home Guard as well.

That makes sense to me, UserDane, and I suspect that you have answered the question. Well done.

The two women are of different status. I have never heard that it's a tradition for a consort to do military trainings.

Neither have I, donnaK, but perhaps Mary is starting a new tradition for Crown Princesses with Queen Margrethe's blessing, of course!

:previous: Mary's upbringing in Australia would have been a lot more "outdoorsy" if you get my drift. I think this is one chance she gets to be herself away from the cameras, and show the flag for the Home Guard. I bet she had a ball! :D

I think it's so good that she didt that. Because shes a big rolemodel fore the danish people, and she shows that she isn't afraid to do what she wants.

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk

I realice this may seam a foreign concept to you, but the answer is probably "because she wants to". Noone is forcing this on her. But she has married into a family, for whom military and military training, is a big deal.

Neither have I, donnaK, but perhaps Mary is starting a new tradition for Crown Princesses with Queen Margrethe's blessing, of course!

As far as I know Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden had a military education, too.

That woman never cease to amaze me, she is radiant even in army fatigue. Frederick is a very lucky man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom