The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 08-12-2014, 02:54 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,269
Thank you Roskilde and Muhler for the summaries on the interview of DR.

I watched it and it was fantastic even though not a word was understood by me lol.
They seemed relaxed, happy and with pride in their faces on talking about their kids and the trip.
some nice footage and beautiful scenery
Nice to hear Mary's Danish is doing so well : D
Frederik may not be the most prolific speaker but he beams with charisma and a down to earth nature that im sure many embrace.

On another note, we already saw Josephine recycling some of Isabella's clothing, and I think Vincent has also recycled Christian's coat.
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img631/9064/5GSzby.png
http://kongehuset.dk/materialemappe/...ronland-13.img

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-U7XLmotnco...W4/s1600/2.jpg
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23...56faf5f2fc.jpg

A selfie with Frederik . the lucky winner
http://sermitsiaq.ag/sites/default/f...?itok=6UWpRBoI
Selfie-konkurrence: Sådan skal den skæres, Elise! | Sermitsiaq.AG
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 08-12-2014, 09:43 PM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 4,227
Do we know if Mary still speaks English with the children as she did with the older ones? Do M&F converse in mostly English or now changed to Danish?
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 08-13-2014, 02:58 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 3,787
DR1 and TV2's two programs with the Crown Prince family in Greenland received very high viewer ratings. In fact, the two programs were the most watched of all Danish programs all week! Tells quite a lot about the interest and popularity this family has.

TV-seerne er vilde med kronprinsfamiliens rejse til Grønland | Billed Bladet

TV pressemeddelelser fra TV-Meter


ADDED:

I see Muhler has described it before me with better information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Incidentally the viewer rates went sky high!
The TV2 programme was watched by 649.000 viewers, making it the most watched programme at all last week.
DR1's interview was watched by 740.000 viewers.
- In a country with a population of 5.6 million... Even counting the Swedes, Norwegians and Germans who could watch as well.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 08-13-2014, 10:10 AM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,762
The DM has a nice piece today about the official dinner at the end of the tour. Look at it if only for the pictures. There are as usual, issues with details (I think the cross on the neckchain is the Dannebrog cross?) Prince Frederick and Princess Mary of Denmark mark end Greenland tour with night out | Mail Online
__________________
The Force is my tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 08-13-2014, 11:43 AM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
The DM has a nice piece today about the official dinner at the end of the tour. Look at it if only for the pictures. There are as usual, issues with details (I think the cross on the neckchain is the Dannebrog cross?) Prince Frederick and Princess Mary of Denmark mark end Greenland tour with night out | Mail Online
wow the DailyMail really fails in doing basic research
here is how they described Frederik's outfit
"Frederick looked less formal in charcoal trousers and matching leather shoes, teamed with a loose-fitting white shirt.
Missing buttons, the Prince adorned it's blank canvas with an array of royal medallions and a large crucifix handing from a short chain around his neck. "

Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 08-13-2014, 11:54 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 683
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
wow the DailyMail really fails in doing basic research
here is how they described Frederik's outfit
"Frederick looked less formal in charcoal trousers and matching leather shoes, teamed with a loose-fitting white shirt.
Missing buttons, the Prince adorned it's blank canvas with an array of royal medallions and a large crucifix handing from a short chain around his neck. "
And have they managed to find out that this was an official visit, not a holiday cruise....?
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 08-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 6,269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
And have they managed to find out that this was an official visit, not a holiday cruise....?
Yeah I laughed out loud and shook my head when i saw that headline.
A nice "holiday" with a full official agenda

Some more pictures
from local blogs with first hand accounts and pictures
Kamilla Fuglsang - Nuuk: Nu som hofreporter
Filipina In Greenland: The Danish royal family visits Nuuk

the people where so close to the CP family. The kids did a great job going and shaking hands in those crowds.

another gallery
Kronprinsfamilien vandt alles hjerter i Grønland - Her og Nu

I see Vincent and Josephine got a nice treat to eat
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../13__b468m.jpg
Frederik and Mary
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../08__b468m.jpg

the way Isabella looks at her mom
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../03__b468m.jpg
little Josephine getting cozy with dad
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../19__b468m.jpg

and my favorite, Vincent seeing that another man is also wearing these special pants like he is
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../16__b468m.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 08-13-2014, 01:43 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 9,276
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Some more pictures
from local blogs with first hand accounts and pictures
Kamilla Fuglsang - Nuuk: Nu som hofreporter
Thanks for that blog, Polyesco.
I think it's the best and funniest account from Greenland so far.

It really deserves a full translation, but I haven't got the time right now.

So briefly. The author of the blog and her friend, like everybody else wanted to go see the rotals and get a handshake. But how to reach that objective?
Hmm, they then spotted five elderly in the back of the crowd, apparantly abandoned by everyone. Now elderly attract royals like honey attract bees, so our two friends kept close to the elderly.
Initially not much result, but then a police officer noticed them, opened up the crowd that made Mary notice the elderly (and our two friends). Mary signalled Frederik and went towards the elderly.
Now, is it appropriate to stick a young hand out between the older hands in the hope of getting a royal handshake. - Hell, yeah!
Our friends and the elderly got their handshake. Frederik even remarking to one of them that her hand was cold.
Christian was very attentive towards the elderly, shook their hands and also caressed the chek of one of them. (He's going to be a cult figure one day if he continues like this).

- Thus was the climax of a very good day!
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 08-13-2014, 05:46 PM
AdmirerUS's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 4,762
Thanks for the translation, Muhler - it is the smartest thing I've read lately. Made me smile.
__________________
The Force is my tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 08-14-2014, 04:16 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 3,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thanks for that blog, Polyesco.
I think it's the best and funniest account from Greenland so far.

It really deserves a full translation, but I haven't got the time right now.

So briefly. The author of the blog and her friend, like everybody else wanted to go see the rotals and get a handshake. But how to reach that objective?
Hmm, they then spotted five elderly in the back of the crowd, apparantly abandoned by everyone. Now elderly attract royals like honey attract bees, so our two friends kept close to the elderly.
Initially not much result, but then a police officer noticed them, opened up the crowd that made Mary notice the elderly (and our two friends). Mary signalled Frederik and went towards the elderly.
Now, is it appropriate to stick a young hand out between the older hands in the hope of getting a royal handshake. - Hell, yeah!
Our friends and the elderly got their handshake. Frederik even remarking to one of them that her hand was cold.
Christian was very attentive towards the elderly, shook their hands and also caressed the chek of one of them. (He's going to be a cult figure one day if he continues like this).

- Thus was the climax of a very good day!
One of the best words to describe Christian is IMO the word gentle. May sound exaggerated to say it about a just 8-year-old boy, but Christian really has the king potential
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 08-14-2014, 05:27 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: little rock, Antarctica
Posts: 591
Thanks for the links, photos and translation- really enjoyed following the tour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Yeah I laughed out loud and shook my head when i saw that headline.
A nice "holiday" with a full official agenda

Some more pictures
from local blogs with first hand accounts and pictures
Kamilla Fuglsang - Nuuk: Nu som hofreporter
Filipina In Greenland: The Danish royal family visits Nuuk

the people where so close to the CP family. The kids did a great job going and shaking hands in those crowds.

another gallery
Kronprinsfamilien vandt alles hjerter i Grønland - Her og Nu

I see Vincent and Josephine got a nice treat to eat
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../13__b468m.jpg
Frederik and Mary
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../08__b468m.jpg

the way Isabella looks at her mom
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../03__b468m.jpg
little Josephine getting cozy with dad
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../19__b468m.jpg

and my favorite, Vincent seeing that another man is also wearing these special pants like he is
http://www.herognu.com/ImageProvider.../16__b468m.jpg
The photo of Josephine and Vincent does appear to show that Vincent is left handed.

In the last photo Vincent maybe thinking "so others do wear these pants" can understand why it was a little hard to get a three year old to wear them.

Sweet photos of Isabella with mum and dad
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 08-15-2014, 02:25 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 9,276
Second part of the BB coverage of the Greenland tour.
Written by our reporter in the far north, Ulrik Ulriksen.

Summary of the second part of M&F's visit to Greenland.

Like last week I'll write the summaries based on where they went.

Nuuk.
Here M&F went to a gala dinner at the grandest hotel in Greenland, Hotel Hans Egede. (*)
The host was the chairman of the Greenlandic Parliament, Aleqa Hammond. She said: "It was a pleasure to see Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Princess Ivalao and Prince Minik playing with the children. The thing about royal etiquette vanish everywhere where the children went along. We are very proud to have a CP-couple who is also a Greenlandic CP-couple".
Present was also the permanent secretary of the Ministry of Greenland, Sven Hartenberg, with wife. The permanent secretary had accompanied M&F throughout the journey.
A local dance-troupe, The Tapdance, wearing Greenlandic national attire, down to kamikker (boots) showed a tap-dance... (Would have loved to see that one!)
Here Frederik amongst others gave a warm and personal speech, where his love for Greenland and delight for the welcoming his family had had, shined through.
The cuisine was very local: Smoked whale meat, reindeer and mutton.
M&F were seen having a good chat with the prominent Greenlandic politician, Lars Emil Johansen, whom the article says is a close friend of M&F.

Earlier on that day the whole family in Greenlandic attire was greeted by the public at the harbour. That can be pretty strenous if you are a three year old Princess, but fortunately it helps having a supporting older brother and older sister.
The twins returned to Dannebrog while Christian and Bella accompanied mom and dad to the more official events at the townhall, where someone had placed a red carpet, and combined with fog and drizzle such a carpet can get quite damp, Christian found out that kamikker are quite useful for surfing or sliding along a carpet. (See small pic in Greenland-06).
Well inside the townhall, there were lots of loooong speeches by adults, and even though Bella soldiered on, she did at some point need a hand to support her head. Greenlandic tapestry in the hall
of the townhall, how interesting is that? A mythological seagull hidden among the details of the tapestry? What gull? Where? - And this is where big brother Christian stepped in. He simply grabbed Bella's head and pointed her nose towards the elusive seagull. Oh, there. Big deal. (Greenland-05 & 06).

If there are classes for royal children in kissing babies, holding babies hands and pushing babies gently on the nose, M&F's must be said to have passed that class with flying colors, because they were seen doing that - a lot!

Qeqertarsuatsiaat.
This hamlet of 200 people got their first royal visit and that had to be commemorated with a plaque placed on top of a nearby hill, which incidentally also serves as a helicopter platform. So under a blistering sun and 15 degrees C, everybody and everything struggled up the hill.
It was actually Bella and Christian who were to have unveiled the plaque, but Mary suggested the twins took over and so it was.
Down again, in the hot weather. Now to visit the local kindergarten, where the itchy bitchy-whatever spider song was sung in Danish and Greenlandic with something resembling the correct finger movements.
Like all other kindergartens in Greenland, this one has also implemented the local version of Free From Bullying, Kamaagiita.
Now it was time for presents. Mary got a ruby, that is there hadn't been time to cut the ruby from the stone it was embedded in yet, so Mary got the stone as well as the ruby. She responded: "What a lovely memory".
Christian also got a present, a clock in the shape of a wood carving depicting Greenland. He responded: "Thanks, that's going to hang in my room". (I remember from one of the docus that Frederik referred the twins to "their room", so presumably their share a room, at least at Kancellihuset at Fredensborg).
It was on the way down from the hill that a local girl found a bird, a chick and showed it to Bella and Josephine. Bella said: "Oh, how nice it is, what's it's name"?
The girl replied: "Marie", and let Bella hold the bird. "Look, it's sleeping".
Josephine: "May I see"?
After quite some fascinated study of the bird Mary said: "Now, you'd better hand Marie back". (**)

While on top of the hill, the family posed for BB's photographer, Hanne Juul. And our reporter, the Ulrik Ulriksen told them that it was her birthday. That led Christian to say a few sweet words and Bella to clap. (See Greenland-10).

Paamiut.
It was in this town Ivalo and Minik were presented for a couple of local twins. And Frederik later on noticed that one of the twins: "Hey, you've got the shoes on the wrong way", so he went down on his knee and made sure the shoes were put on the right feet. - I guess with two lively twins, four feet and four identical shoes in the same size, something is bound to go wrong sometimes!
It was also here Christian took part in a children's relay in a sweltering 15-18 degrees C. But before that the whole family had embarked on a nearby lake sharing pedal boats. Dad and Bella in one boat, mom and Josephine in another. Vincent wasn't in the mood for no pedalling so he had returned to Dannebrog and Christian and the captain of Dannebrog (the adjutant from Dannebrog is the captain, Ulrik Ulriksen!) in a third.
Apparently Bella and Christian played explores because they landed on a small islamd/rock in the middle of the lake and had a look around.
While in Paamiut, M&F and children, along with the locals, formed a heart, which symbolized the warm bonds between Greenland and the DRF.

(*) Named after a 1700's Danish missionary IIRC. Greenland's history as a nation and as a people, rather than isolated bands, started with the Greenlanders becoming Christian and in that way establishing a common modern identity.

(**) No reference to our Marie here, nor from the children. Presumably it didn't even occur to Bella and Josephine, because the Greenlandic girl would have pronounced Marie in Danish, which sounds very different than the French pronunciation, which I guess is what the DRF use.


And to keep it simple here is an overall link: https://app.box.com/s/gsodm4fg6wdt8wt97sm8


And here is a thoroughly mean "caption this", I've been looking forward to sharing with you: https://app.box.com/s/lezrhbfvwy8yrlznznt8
Frederik says to Josephine: "Can you say..."?
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 08-16-2014, 01:50 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trekroner, Denmark
Posts: 547
oh i miss this trip we were so privileged to have tons of new photos and sweet moments of the whole family eight days in a row..to se them sing itsy bitsy spider was one of the greatest :-)
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 08-19-2014, 04:48 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Trekroner, Denmark
Posts: 547
from the minik&ivalo foundation with photos from when they all visited it the last day in greenland
Kim Hansen | Ivalo & Minik Fonden

josephine in photo 2...she is certainly a curious and confident little girl
http://www.imf.gl/wp-content/uploads/Billede-2.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #255  
Old 08-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Roskilde's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 3,787
The Greenland trip really gave us the sweetest moments, didn't it? A fantastic trip which I almost miss a bit... So at this grey rainy evening I have collected some of the most glorious gifs all made by our Archduchess Zelia and which I kindly have been allowed to share with you because...

Because Christian, Isabella and Ivalo in particular (aww, look at her) looks so excited and Vincent is just all like: Oh my, one little Itsy Bitsy Spider song and they all go ga-ga!
http://31.media.tumblr.com/b627341b8...oeepo1_500.gif

Because this is royal professionalism
http://38.media.tumblr.com/8e24bd45f...oeepo1_500.gif

Because Ivalo has the cutest expression when mom says: "Be careful that it doesn't eat your fingers..."
http://33.media.tumblr.com/37494121b...oeepo2_250.gif

Because these two are lovely together.
http://31.media.tumblr.com/07192713b...oeepo2_500.gif
http://37.media.tumblr.com/9f4405cf2...oeepo1_500.gif

Because this is pure love
http://37.media.tumblr.com/bab821e27...oeepo4_250.gif

Because I want to introduce you to the Vincent trick: 1... 2... 3... disappear!
http://37.media.tumblr.com/ce0c2adf4...oeepo1_250.gif

Because this only can bring a smile to your face.
http://33.media.tumblr.com/c4b546ff4...oeepo3_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/935138f3e...oeepo2_500.gif
http://31.media.tumblr.com/f6b2b108d...oeepo1_500.gif

Because she really fell in love with that little baby, didn't she?
http://38.media.tumblr.com/ed9e52514...oeepo2_250.gif
http://37.media.tumblr.com/d7c5fd916...oeepo1_250.gif

Because it's good with a big brother to keep you warm in the cold weather.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/7abaad7ef...oeepo8_250.gif

Because this is a beloved little moment of a man and his woman.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/788f3865a...oeepo3_250.gif

Because this is the spririt of Bella
http://38.media.tumblr.com/9232598e4...oeepo1_500.gif

Because sometimes you need a brotherly hand of support
http://38.media.tumblr.com/9a256818d...oeepo2_250.gif

Because our future King is a proper gallant gentleman!
http://37.media.tumblr.com/c79e74c16...oeepo2_250.gif

Because... just because.
http://38.media.tumblr.com/5bfa313bf...oeepo1_500.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/9bdabc962...oeepo2_500.png
http://31.media.tumblr.com/50091f690...oeepo1_500.png
Reply With Quote
  #256  
Old 08-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Valberg R's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Posts: 177
OMG thank you, Roskilde

It's no wonder I love this family so much, I mean just look at them they're perfect
Reply With Quote
  #257  
Old 08-19-2014, 05:46 PM
Amberrose's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 56
Wonderful gifs, make my heart melt
Reply With Quote
  #258  
Old 08-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Canada, Canada
Posts: 1
Hi everyone! Long time lurker here and finally decided to create account because my obsession with the DRF and F&M are back and need to be around people who understand how awesome this couple is!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures! :)
Reply With Quote
  #259  
Old 08-19-2014, 07:23 PM
Valberg R's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Reykjavík, Iceland
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by torquaydev View Post
Hi everyone! Long time lurker here and finally decided to create account because my obsession with the DRF and F&M are back and need to be around people who understand how awesome this couple is!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures! :)
Hi, welcome torquaydev, to the royal forums! I hope you'll have a nice time here the DRF, especially F&M and family are very easy to love
Reply With Quote
  #260  
Old 08-20-2014, 06:29 AM
stellad's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: , New Zealand
Posts: 688
Thank you Archduchess Zelia and Roskilde. Absolutely beautiful.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's Visit to Greenland: July 9-24, 2011 dazzling Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik 42 07-28-2011 09:28 AM
Prince Joachim & Family Visit Greenland: March 18-23, 2011 Muhler Prince Joachim, Princess Marie and Family 41 04-04-2011 06:19 AM
Regent Couple & Crown Prince Couple Official Trip to Greenland: June 19-21, 2009 dazzling Royal House of Denmark 45 06-29-2009 06:15 AM
Danish Crown Princely Family Visit to Australia: August-September 2008 Princess Robijn Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 369 10-14-2008 01:43 PM
Danish Royal Family's Official Visit to Greenland: June 19-July 5, 2004 hrhcp Royal House of Denmark 97 07-06-2004 03:57 AM




Popular Tags
albania ascot 2016 austria best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit birthday coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion denmark duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall hats duke of cambridge fashion poll hereditary grand duchess stéphanie's fashion & style jewels killing king abdullah ii king carl gustaf and queen silvia king willem-alexander lists member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november 2016 october 2016 picture of the week prince charles prince harken in canada prince leka princess diana lady spencer princess marie princess mary princess mary casual style princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess sofia princess sofia style princess victoria 39th birthday queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen margrethe queen mathilde queen mathilde daytime fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania fashion queen rania in australia queen silvia rohan family september 2016 silva state visit succession sweden the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats tiara


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:07 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises