Crown Princely Couple's Working Visit to New York and Boston: October 20-25, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muhler

Imperial Majesty
City
Eastern Jutland
Country
Denmark
Some more info on M&F's schedule in the months to come, eventually to be moved to the proper thread.

According to Billed Bladet: Billed-Bladet - Mary og Frederik skal til Ground Zero i New York

M&F will go on an official visit to New York 20-25. October this year.
They will head a commerce offensive in New York and Boston called: Creative and Healthy for Life.

M&F will along with Nordic heads of states visit the memorial at Ground Zero in New York as a part of the ten year commemoration of 9/11.
With the heads of states from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland M&F will also take part in a galadinner on the occasion of the centennial of the American Scandinavian Foundation.

Frederik will inaugurate Connected Health Symposium in Boston.

- If the other heads of states of the Nordic countries take part, but QMII and PH do not, it will, in my eyes, be the final seal of approval that M&F have taken over in everything except the most important functions of Queen Margrethe herself.
The article says very clearly heads of states when mentioning the other Nordic countries, but there is no mentioning of QMII and PH. (And they did go for an official visit to USA in June).

Last edited:
- If the other heads of states of the Nordic countries take part, but QMII and PH do not, it will, in my eyes, be the final seal of approval that M&F have taken over in everything except the most important functions of Queen Margrethe herself.
The article says very clearly heads of states when mentioning the other Nordic countries, but there is no mentioning of QMII and PH. (And they did go for an official visit to USA in June).

According to the American-Scandinavian Foundation website, it is
all the Nordic heads of states and M&F for Denmark.

Official confirmation from the couples calendar

Thursday 20th October 2011 - Tuesday 25th October 2011
TRH The Crown Prince and Crown Princess pays an official visit to the U.S. (New York and Boston) in the period 20th-25th October.

and some details on the visit from kongehuset.dk

Crown Prince visits the U.S. in the period 20 - 25 October

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince and Crown Princess pays an official visit to the U.S. in the period 20-25th October.

Crown Prince at the head of the huge business promotion "Creative and Healthy for Life" in New York and Boston. Business promotion must focus on Denmark's leading position in digital solutions in health and raise awareness of Danish creativity in design and fashion. In addition, participating royal couple in a series of activities focusing on health and active lifestyles and sustainability in architecture and cuisine.

As part of business promotion event opens the Crown Prince "Connected Health Symposium" in Boston, where leading Danish health companies participate together with the 1200 decision makers in the health field.

Crown Prince is the visit to New York also guests of honor along with heads of state from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Iceland at a gala dinner to mark the 100-year American Scandinavian Foundation. Crown Prince shall also visit the Memorial Ground Zero with the Nordic heads of state to mark the tenth anniversary of the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

Note to editors
Information on press accreditation published by the Consulate General in New York, which also launches royalvisitnyc.com this week about the Royal Couple's visit to the United States.

(Post to be moved).

Here is a nine picture gallery of the 9/11 memorial which will inaugurated later this year, and that M&F will visit during their visit to USA in October:
Mindepark for 11. september | Rejseliv.dk

What do American members think of this?
Personally my own opinion is initially positive.
I like that it's surrounded by trees. Trees being a symbol of life, regrowth, a new beginning.
It also provide a somewhat tranquil and pensive atmosphere for those who visit the memorial.

Not so sure about the building though, even though I like the displaying of the ruins. It somehow makes sense.

- But who am I to have an opinion on that. What matters is the opinion of those who were directly affected and the Americans in general.

Last edited:
I like it. I'm glad they are displaying the posts of the building, and I really like the trees and water.

I like it. I'm glad they are displaying the posts of the building, and I really like the trees and water.

I agree with you. It is a beautiful memorial to a terrible day, and not just American citizens died there that day, there were a great many citizens of other nations who also perished. This is a great tribute to all of them- so that we will not forget. I wish I could say that something like this can never happen again, but I am so afraid that it will. We all will survive however. Not just my country, but the other nations that suffer.

Program for the Visit to New York and Boston

October 20th

The Crown Prince's Program - Boston, MA
10:40 - Opening of 'Danish Connected Care' at the Connected Health Syposium at the Boston Park Plaza Hotel and Towers. The symposium will see Danish healthcare companies provide digital healthcare solutions. The Crown Prince will give the keynote speech.

13:50 - Visit to the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University; where the Crown Prince previously studied, 1992-1993. At the University, the Crown Prince will meet with professors, Danish students and the President of the Crown Prince Frederik Fund, Gustav Christensen.

The Crown Princess' Program - New York City, NY
09:00 - Meeting with the Deputy Executive Directors of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Mari Simone and Purnima Mane.

13:30 - Visit to the Harlem Children's Zone non-profit organisation. The Harlem Children's Zone aims to strengthen the Harlem community by creating a safe and healthy environment for children.

17:20 - Opening of the American-Scandinavian Foundation Centennial Exhibition, Luminous Modernism, at Scandinavia House, with other Scandinavian heads of state.

October 21st

The Crown Prince Couple's Program
New York City, NY
9:20 - Visit to the 9/11 Memorial with fellow Scandinavian heads of state, to commemorate the tenth anniversary of the World Trade Centre attack.

New Jersey
11:30 - Business luncheon with business leaders of Danish companies in the state of New Jersey, also attended by the companies' business partners and customers. The companies attending are Maersk, Danish Crown, SAS, Leo Pharma, Novo Nordisk and Oticon.

Parsippany, NJ
13:12 - Inauguration of the US headquarters of Leo Pharma. The Crown Princess will give a speech, before presenting the American Skin Cancer Foundation with a donation from the Leo Foundation.

New York City, NY
15:30 - Opening of the BIG Architectural Studio NYC, which is foude b Danish architect Bjarke Ingels. Mr Ingels has been chosen to construct an "innovative and sustainable" skyscraper in Manhattan.

18:30 - Attendance at the gala dinner held to mark the American-Scandinavan Foundation's 100th Anniversary at the Hilton Hotel. Other Scandinavian heads of state will be present: King Harald V and Queen Sonja of Norway, King Carl XVI Gustaf, Queen Silvia and Princess Madeleine of Sweden, President Tarja Halonen of Finland and President Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson of Iceland.

October 22nd

The Crown Prince Couple's Program - New York City, NY
10:15 - Visit to the New Nordic Cookout at the Union Square Garden Market. The Cookout aims to introduce New Yorkers to the new Nordic kitchen, which utilises local and sustainable ingredients; the event will be led by the head chef of Danish restaurant Noma, Rene Redzepi, and fellow Danish chefs Adam Aamann, Bo Bech and Claus Henriksen.

October 23rd

The Crown Prince Couple's Program - East Rutherford, NJ
11:45 - Attendance at the New York Jets-San Diego Chargers NFL match at the New Meadowlands Stadium.

The Crown Princess' Program - New York City, NY
17:00 - Visit to the Jacob Friis Settlement House in Queens, a non-profit organisation; founded by Danish reformer Jacob Riis in the early 1900s, offering training for adults and educational activities for children.

October 24th

The Crown Prince Couple's Program - New York City, NY
9:30 - Inauguration of the cooperation between the Danish software supplier, Team Online, and Life Spire Inc. The two companies develop and provide software and services for individuals wth developmental disabilities.

The Crown Prince's Program
10:30 - Visit to the cardiac department of Mount Sinai Hospital. The Danish company Radiometer will present and demonstrate equipment which is specially designed for cardiac patients.

The Crown Princess' Program
10:30 - Visit to a Greenhouse Project at the Manhattan School for Children, alongside chef Rene Redzepi. The Greenhouse Project is an innovative way to grow vegetables without soil, and has become a popular concept on the rooftops of New York City schools.

The Crown Prince Couple's Program
12:30 - Inauguration of the Aamann/Copenhagen restaurant in Tribeca. Adam Aamann is the owner of the restaurant, the first Danish restaurant to be opened in Manhattan in several years.

13:30 - Opening of the new showroom of Danish furniture manufactuer Carl Hansen & Son in Soho, followed by the opening of the Danish Design Fusion design event. The design event marks the sixtieth anniversary Danish design leadership in New York and the US, whicj began with Finn Juhl Architecture in 1951.

Last edited:
JessRulz said:

I'm really pleased with how much they are going to see on this trip, especially Mary's program. Mount Sinai Hospital has a huge place in my heart since my grandparents have been treated there over the years and it provides excellent care. I visited the Jacob Riis Settlement House back when I was in school, fascinating place and fascinating man.

Is there a reason why the New Jersey events are listed as "New Jersey, NJ"? They could at least mention the township as there's no such thing as New Jersey, NJ. Haha, I'm sure Frederik will have fun watching football but it'll be a really really slow game...

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:

No towns were given on the press release for the New Jersey events - just New Jersey. Strange considering that they listed the New York events as the different boroughs (NYC/Harlem/Tribeca/Queens). I've changed the info above, removing the extra 'NJ'.

Press Release from Leo Pharma, discussing their US HQ opening plus the event which will take place around the opening.

Last edited:
The above itinerary gives 10:15 as the time for the Union square, NY appearance on Saturday the 22 and the Danish consulate press release says from 11:30-2 the event will be open to the public. Does that mean the CP couple will visit at 10:15 before the event is open?
Will the public be able to see them?

Last edited:
Frelinghighness said:
The above itinerary gives 10:15 as the time for the Union square, NY appearance on Saturday the 22 and the Danish consulate press release says from 11:30-2 the event will be open to the public. Does that mean the CP couple will visit at 10:15 before the event is open?

The Union Square GardenMarket is an open-air community market so it would be difficult to block the public from F&M unless they put up barricades with bouncers :wink:

Sometimes royals tend to open an event at X time, few hours later or so the event is open to the public. That way it gives the royals some private time with their entourage touring the event.

Sometimes royals tend to open an event at X time, few hours later or so the event is open to the public. That way it gives the royals some private time with their entourage touring the event.
I'm trying to figure out if I should try to attend, and if so what time would you suggest? 10:15 or 11:30?

:previous:

No towns were given on the press release for the New Jersey events - just New Jersey. Strange considering that they listed the New York events as the different boroughs (NYC/Harlem/Tribeca/Queens). I've changed the info above, removing the extra 'NJ'.

Press Release from Leo Pharma, discussing their US HQ opening plus the event which will take place around the opening.

The opening of Leo Pharma is in Parsippany, NJ and the Jets Football game is a the Meadowlands Stadium, right outside of NYC in Secaucus, NJ. The press release has that slightly incorrect also.

It will be interesting to see how fast we will be able to see pics. In Europe the events happen before so we see them in AM usually.

CP Mary arrives at the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) headquarters in New York Thursday, Oct. 20, 2011.
http://www.imagebam.com/image/c3b62a155180829
http://www.imagebam.com/image/a0f293155180835
http://www.imagebam.com/image/f12343155180870 with Safiye Cagar, director for information and external relations with the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
http://www.imagebam.com/image/bb83a1155180832 greeted by Deputy Executive Director of UNFPA Mari Simonen

Meanwhile CP Frederik attended a healthcare symposium in Boston, Oct. 20, 2011. He spoke to an audience at the gathering called Danish Connected Care/Connected Health Symposium.
Picture 1 with Minister for European Affairs Nicolai Wammen
Picture 2
Picture 3
Picture 4
Picture 5

I'm trying to figure out if I should try to attend, and if so what time would you suggest? 10:15 or 11:30?

The opening of Leo Pharma is in Parsippany, NJ and the Jets Football game is a the Meadowlands Stadium, right outside of NYC in Secaucus, NJ. The press release has that slightly incorrect also.

I was thinking of attending this too. Probably the best place to catch them. I'm going to guess that it may be better to get there earlier, and wait, rather than later and miss them altogether, or be stuck all the way in the back. I'd give myself an hour and a half before the event, and bring a book to keep busy.

Hello Daria, Hope you get a good vantage point and look forward to hearing your impressions of the couple.

Hello Daria, Hope you get a good vantage point and look forward to hearing your impressions of the couple.

I'll do my best. I've never done something like this before, so I have no idea what to expect. I'll definitely bring my camera and hope to take pictures and maybe even shake their hands.

It looked like Mary enjoyed herself during this visit. A once in a lifetime opportunity for the kids. They'll be talking about this visit for a while.

I was thinking of attending this too. Probably the best place to catch them. I'm going to guess that it may be better to get there earlier, and wait, rather than later and miss them altogether, or be stuck all the way in the back. I'd give myself an hour and a half before the event, and bring a book to keep busy.
Do you mean an hour and a half before 10:15 or 11:30?
Maybe you and I could meet? I will write to you..this is exciting!:flowers:

Hi, everyone. This is my first post! I stopped by the Scandinavia House on the way home from work tonight as the Royals were arriving. Mary wore a pretty golden floral sheath dress and the nude patent heels. I'll try to post some pictures.

Do you mean an hour and a half before 10:15 or 11:30?
Maybe you and I could meet? I will write to you..this is exciting!:flowers:

I was thinking an hour and a half before ten fifteen, just to be safe. Sure, write to me, and we can plan. I'd love to go with someone who's just as excited about this stuff as I am :D.

Mary

Gustav and Sylvia

Harald and Sonja

Attachments

• Mary_1-1.jpg
    Mary_1-1.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 311
  • Mary_Scandi_1.jpg
    Mary_Scandi_1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 259
  • Mary_Scandi_2.jpg
    Mary_Scandi_2.jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 273
  • Red_Carpet.jpg
    Red_Carpet.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 284
  • Scandi-house_2.jpg
    Scandi-house_2.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 265
  • Swedes_1.jpg
    Swedes_1.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 296
  • Sylvia.jpg
    Sylvia.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 324
  • Gustav_1-1.jpg
    Gustav_1-1.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Harald-1.jpg
    Harald-1.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 309
Thanks for the pictures Sasco, and welcome to the forums :flowers:. Now I'm really looking forward to Saturday (and I'm hoping I'll get a glimpse and a few snaps).

Welcome to TRF Sasco!! Wonderful pictures and thank you so much for sharing them w/us!! :flowers:

The Scandinavian Royals at the opening of the American-Scandinavian Foundation Centennial exhibition at the Scandinavia House (event from Sasco's photos) on October 20th. Queen Sonja of Norway got the honour of cutting the opening ribbon.

Pic One ** Pic Two ** Pic Three

Zimbio Gallery

Belga Gallery

Last edited:
Love what Queen Sylvia wears. Love this red and the combination of the dress and the little jacket. Love also the colors and flowers of Mary's dress but I found the whole look very matronly on the group photo, maybe the lenght of the dress, I dont know why because everything in the dress is lovely, but the result not so much. On another point, a few years ago everything Mary did was reported in the whole international press on the web and all the agencies (REX, GETTY, etc...à had plenty of photos to show us. Today it's very disapointing because the cover of her activities are really not any more at the same scale and if I dont come to the Royal Forum I nearly dont have any photos to look for. So many many thanks to all those who post here, its a great pleasure!!!!

Well Frelinghighness and Daria, I am excited for both of you. Hope you both can find each other in the crowd and become fast friends. And thanks to Sasco for the pics and Welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom