Crown Princely Couple's Working Visit to New York and Boston: October 20-25, 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Its funny how someone on the other side of the world can be disappointed for both of you. However, I am sure all of us here will be happy with Daria's impressions of the event, even if getting a good photo eludes her. So I for one, am still excited for Daria as she will at least feel the atmosphere there.
Marys brooch was Georg Jensens Moonlight pendant/brooch with rose quartz stones. Apparently it retails for $1,280. She has worn it before for the first time at the European Ceramic Art awards on 11 Sept 2010 when she was pregnant.
The brooch did stand out nicely against the black coat.

I wonder why they would attend a football game? Are either of them fans of the sport? To what extent are Europeans familiar with American football? I was always under the impression that outside of the U.S. and Canada, the sport is relatively ignored.

Goodwill gesture perhaps Kansasmama...like showing the best/important parts of one another's culture...Maybe official visitors to Denamrk are taken sailing/on the water because this is, albeit a cliche representation of the Danish culture...That is my take on things...

Last edited:
They probably attended the football game because it was scheduled. They have both been seen in Denmark at football games.

I wonder why they would attend a football game? Are either of them fans of the sport? To what extent are Europeans familiar with American football? I was always under the impression that outside of the U.S. and Canada, the sport is relatively ignored.
I think one of the reasons is that Morten Andersen (if I remember his name correct) is danish :flowers:

I like it. I'm glad they are displaying the posts of the building, and I really like the trees and water.

Water represents cleansing and purifying........so it is actually quite symbolic.........

Thanks for the clarification! I hope they enjoy the game. I'll have to see if I can find it on TV here in Topeka. Maybe I can catch a glimpse of them if the camera zooms in on them!

:previous:

I read that Morten Andersen will accompany Mary and Frederik to the game, and also that that they were invited I think by the owner (or president) of the Jets. Do they have owners or presidents of football clubs in USA?

Hope you get to watch the match kansasmama and get to see Mary & Frederik.

:previous:

I read that Morten Andersen will accompany Mary and Frederik to the game, and also that that they were invited I think by the owner (or president) of the Jets. Do they have owners or presidents of football clubs in USA?

Hope you get to watch the match kansasmama and get to see Mary & Frederik.

New York Jets is owned by Woody Johnson. :)

Well, I'm finally home after a rather full day.

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Autumn in New York | Facebook

OMG, Daria--great pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them. It's exciting you got a chance to get so close and say "hi." It's always nice to have a New Yorker make you feel welcome in the Big Apple, so I'm sure she appreciated your greeting. ;-)

OMG, Daria--great pictures! Thank you so much for sharing them. It's exciting you got a chance to get so close and say "hi." It's always nice to have a New Yorker make you feel welcome in the Big Apple, so I'm sure she appreciated your greeting. ;-)

Oh wow...fantastic pictures! Thanks for sharing!

You're both very welcome. Glad you liked them.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! What luck that you got to meet the Crown Prince and Princess. I'm jealous :)

Daria many thanks. So kind of you to share and photos are really good you were very near from her. Was the visit long?

Thank you so much for sharing the photos! What luck that you got to meet the Crown Prince and Princess. I'm jealous :)

Glad you liked them. If there are any that you really like, feel free to take. Just please credit if you want to use them as avatars on here.

Daria many thanks. So kind of you to share and photos are really good you were very near from her. Was the visit long?

No problem. It's a pleasure to share my experience, and I'm glad you're liking looking at the pictures. They were at the Cookout for about twenty minutes to half an hour, and then walked around the Farmers' Market for about an hour or so. I was able to stand so close thanks to some of the people who were running the crowd control. One lady made sure that I was standing in the front when Fred and Mary arrived, and left. She kept asking if I was able to get a good shot.

First pics from day 3, October 22:

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the "New Nordic Cookout-A Taste of Denmark"
at the Union Square Greenmarket in New York.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

Mary looks cold - jacket zipped up, hands in pockets, arms crossed. But love the outfit!

Great photos Daria, I am so pleased that you got so close and that they hung around the farmers market for so long. I am thrilled for you that you got to speak to her. A great memory to keep alongside all your other great memories of life. Your trip has thrilled the rest of us it seems.

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

:previous: I found that Mary is quite shy and so is still taken aback by the attention, esp. from non-Danes. She is extremely kind and nice and I'm glad you got to ask her about her trip to NY so far!

Congrats Daria on some great photos :flowers: Hope you enjoyed the Market at Union Square yourself, it's a beautiful place every Sunday.

Daria, thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

So pleased that after going, you were able to get so close to M&F, I really like these candid shots.

Zimbio picture galleries

Danish Royals in New York
(at the end of this gallery, there are some pictures of Mary & Tanja stopping by Saks fifth avenue department store)

First pics from day 3, October 22:

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the "New Nordic Cookout-A Taste of Denmark"
at the Union Square Greenmarket in New York.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

DAria were you the purple sleeve in Pic 4 above - when i saw your personal photos I recognised the location and smile - you lucky thing getting such a warms smile.

Thanks for sharing with us these photos! I'm so happy for you :)

Wow Daria! What a success!! My jaw dropped when I read you were able to flollow them around and spoke to Mary. I really missed it! Thanks for being there for all of us and getting such great shots and sharing.
Mary does look cold in the pictures. What time DID they get there?
Were you offered samples also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom