The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Here are the photos I took on M&F visit to Tribeca.
I was having enough trouble seeing them and trying to photograph them too, much less being able to talk to them, or even wave!
Thank you for sharing. So happy that you were able to see them and take pictures.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-25-2011, 10:16 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
Not the best shoes for walking around Soho! Mary won't get far in those.
If Sarah Jessica Parker and Victoria Beckham can do it...then so will Mary!

Old 10-25-2011, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Sasco, were you the one standing with the photographers, or did you just get there when they were leaving?
Yes -- I was standing near the photographers when they arrived and when they departed. While they were inside, I was off to the side speaking to a very nice Danish woman whose daughter was a journalist covering the event inside. She's the one who introduced me to the owners of the restaurant after the event. I also chatted with a Danish reporter who explained to me who Medina was. He mentioned that Medina is a big star in Denmark. She played two songs with an acoustic guitar and she sounded great.

I also noticed how thin Mary is. She looks really good, but her slimness is remarkable considering she gave birth to twins this year. In general, Frederik and Mary seemed very nice, low-key, happy and excited to be in New York. It wasn't very cold that day and they didn't wear coats when they arrived. Hopefully they have a day or two to enjoy the city privately before they go home since there's so much to see and do. ( I noticed their next event in Denmark isn't until Monday).

Frehlinghighness, too bad we didn't get to meet at the event. LMK if you want to meet up to compare notes once Aamann's opens in December!
Old 10-25-2011, 11:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Frelinghighness, too bad we didn't get to meet at the event. LMK if you want to meet up to compare notes once Aamann's opens in December!
Sounds like a great idea! I should have introduceed myself, since there were so few of us non-journalists there but I was defintely worried about operating my camera and dealing with my small overnight bag!
Old 10-26-2011, 03:09 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

This was a really nice visit to follow, I do like seeing them on abroad visits whether official or not and it was great seeing quite a lot of joint events of the couple. Frederik & Mary both looked very relaxed on the trip even though they had a busy agenda. It was also nice seeing them have some free time and not only official events.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:01 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's one more gallery from October 24:

** purepeople: La princesse Mary à New York : Superbe et ''impressionnante'' du début à la fin **

And a Billed-Bladet gallery with various pics:

** BB: Kærlighed i New York **
Old 10-26-2011, 04:13 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGabrielle View Post
You would think being from Denmark she would be used to the cold. Thats odd.
Actually, she's not really "from" Denmark. And having a few aussie family members, I know that they are chronically cold when in just slightly colder climates than New South Wales.

I have no idea as to what the royals know about NY, but I often find myself surprised that the temperature is so "volatile". Heat in the summer and surprising cold in the autumn (or so is my perception). It's not unlikely that the roylas were expecting something a bit warmer - and with Mary being aussie and all, that she's freezing.

In Denmark, I've often seen women wearing way less that Mary is in these pictures in a lot colder weather - and bearing the cold surprisingly graceful, even if their clothes were not.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:54 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know the temperature in New York but I thought Mary was very cold in some pictures, she was with a no sleeves blouse and just with a jacket she was cold!!
Old 10-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

"Hello" Princess Mary and Frederik have a 'Strictly' moment

"Hola" Federico y Mary de Dinamarca ponen fin a su visita a Estados Unidos

Google Traduttore
Old 10-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
Actually, she's not really "from" Denmark.
She's lived in Denmark for how long 8 years? It's not like she's a part time Danish and spends half the year when it's warm in Hobart. Mary should be used to cold weather and know how to dress appropriately to stop herself looking cold or moody in front of cameras.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:21 AM
Gentry

The change in temp can be quick & even if you are used to living in a cooler or colder region, it can still surprise you. Where I live the weather is just changing from autumn to the winter chill but its hard to know which coat to wear by looking outside. 1c last week felt warmer than it was yesterday. Mary probably dressed for one temp, and the weather cooled down. Plus being in a city with tall buildings makes for some cold drafts when the wind picks up.
Old 10-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwinther View Post
Actually, she's not really "from" Denmark. And having a few aussie family members, I know that they are chronically cold when in just slightly colder climates than New South Wales.

I have no idea as to what the royals know about NY, but I often find myself surprised that the temperature is so "volatile". Heat in the summer and surprising cold in the autumn (or so is my perception). It's not unlikely that the roylas were expecting something a bit warmer - and with Mary being aussie and all, that she's freezing.

In Denmark, I've often seen women wearing way less that Mary is in these pictures in a lot colder weather - and bearing the cold surprisingly graceful, even if their clothes were not.
With relation to Australian weather - especially the southern states like Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania - the wind levels must also be taken into account. That is what boosts up the chill factor here, because we are surrounded by the ocean and near Antarctica. People can feel colder here in Melbourne when it's 15°C and windy, then when it's 10°C and not windy. My father was in Europe two Christmases ago, and despite feet of snow during his entire trip and being around -25°C, he said that it wasn't that cold - because there was not a lot of wind.

From the pictures, it looks windy in SoHo that day - making it colder than expected.

But I wouldn't say that Australians are chronically cold when the climate is colder then New South Wales - especially considering NSW is a middle-coast state! Are we used to cold weather? Most definately, but it's not a chronic issue.

One would also assume that after being in Denmark for nearly a decade, Mary has acclimatised to colder temperatures this time of year.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
Courtier

I tend to agree. When one is on tour in a foreign country, one will always be in under the light of the press, so it is vital to keep the "right" pose at all times without moody lapses. Mary should know this by now as well as appropriate dress for the climate.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:23 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
She's lived in Denmark for how long 8 years? It's not like she's a part time Danish and spends half the year when it's warm in Hobart. Mary should be used to cold weather and know how to dress appropriately to stop herself looking cold or moody in front of cameras.
Yeah, I know. But I think the Australian weather gets in your blood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisiesforever View Post
When one is on tour in a foreign country, one will always be in under the light of the press, so it is vital to keep the "right" pose at all times without moody lapses. Mary should know this by now as well as appropriate dress for the climate.
But that can still be a challenge.

An associate of mine was in France last week in a caravan. She said it was "shorts weather. Although the ones caravanning 100 m down the hill had to wear their winter clothes".

As mentioned, wind has a lot to say. And that can surprise you, not only from day to day, but from one corner of a building to the next! Or there's a slight delay leaving Mary in a windy direction for a minute longer than expected!
Old 10-26-2011, 09:46 AM
Courtier

Point taken. Packing can be an absolute nightmare more especially when one is going to be constantly in the spotlight.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:34 AM
Serene Highness

I find this picture of a smiling Mary from the same day at the same place - their private visit in Soho. And since Mary and Frederik have seen really happy and relaxed on this trip, these few pictures do not worry me.

http://i40.tinypic.com/2drgpy1.jpg
Old 10-26-2011, 11:15 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
I find this picture of a smiling Mary from the same day at the same place - their private visit in Soho. And since Mary and Frederik have seen really happy and relaxed on this trip, these few pictures do not worry me.

Can you see my pictures when I upload this way?
Thank you for sharing. I love her smile in your shot.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:18 PM

Here's my video from Aamann's opening:

Danish Crown Prince & Princess at Aamann's, Tribeca on Vimeo
Old 10-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasco View Post
Thanks Sasco

One of the best videos of M&F yet from this visit.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I don't think she looks moody...she's just got her 'New York/SoHO' face on...she's just trying to look like everyone else around her