The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Courtier

Daria, thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

So pleased that after going, you were able to get so close to M&F, I really like these candid shots.

Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Zimbio picture galleries

Danish Royals in New York
(at the end of this gallery, there are some pictures of Mary & Tanja stopping by Saks fifth avenue department store)

Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
First pics from day 3, October 22:

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the "New Nordic Cookout-A Taste of Denmark"
at the Union Square Greenmarket in New York.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

DAria were you the purple sleeve in Pic 4 above - when i saw your personal photos I recognised the location and smile - you lucky thing getting such a warms smile.
Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Frederik and Madeleine at the dinner on Friday evening
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/arch..._8474963x4.jpg
Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Well, I'm finally home after a rather full day.

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Autumn in New York | Facebook
Thanks for sharing with us these photos! I'm so happy for you
Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 AM
Courtier

New York Times - chargers at jets matchup to watch

This is what Frederik has to look forward to
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Frederik and Madeleine at the dinner on Friday evening
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/arch..._8474963x4.jpg
I do wonder what he's looking at on his iphone?
Old 10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
New York Times - chargers at jets matchup to watch

This is what Frederik has to look forward to
I told my husband that we'll have to watch this game today. He doesn't like either the Jets or the Chargers (only his beloved KC Chiefs...who lose every game, I'm telling you! ).

But I'm hoping that the camera at least focuses on M&F at least a few times.
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Majesty

An article from Daily Record about M&F visiting a Leo Pharma: Danish royal couple visit Leo Pharma in Parsippany | Daily Record | dailyrecord.com
Old 10-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Wow Daria! What a success!! My jaw dropped when I read you were able to flollow them around and spoke to Mary. I really missed it! Thanks for being there for all of us and getting such great shots and sharing.
Mary does look cold in the pictures. What time DID they get there?
Were you offered samples also?
Old 10-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Gentry

By Billed Bladet

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ew%20York.aspx

One of American television's most popular morning programs covered the event and interviewed the royal couple.

I wonder:

What TV show?
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I do wonder what he's looking at on his iphone?
Perhaps he was looking at the odds for the football game today.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you, Daria. So refreshing to see such naturalness and ease. That they were so accessible is a credit to them. Loved that they matched sweater and scarf - very cute. Maybe it was a set and they shared.

I agree about Mary likely being taken a-back - possibly even tired - these things must be a strain no matter how often you 'do' them. Its funny how we judge someone in such an intensely public role so personally. Its helpful to see the situation from the person's perspective. Even then, we can never know really what it must be like to be under that kind of scrutiny. I especially like that she was not using the situation to be a clothes-horse making a fashion statement. Its a pleasure to see royals without hype.

Quote:

Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Great photos Daria, I am so pleased that you got so close and that they hung around the farmers market for so long. I am thrilled for you that you got to speak to her. A great memory to keep alongside all your other great memories of life. Your trip has thrilled the rest of us it seems.
So glad you enjoyed reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
I found that Mary is quite shy and so is still taken aback by the attention, esp. from non-Danes. She is extremely kind and nice and I'm glad you got to ask her about her trip to NY so far!

Congrats Daria on some great photos Hope you enjoyed the Market at Union Square yourself, it's a beautiful place every Sunday.
I think it was shyness more than anything else. It's got to be daunting to be in a foreign country and get recognized by someone who's most likely not affiliated with Denmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantie View Post
DAria were you the purple sleeve in Pic 4 above - when i saw your personal photos I recognised the location and smile - you lucky thing getting such a warms smile.
Yep , the purple sweater was worn by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Wow Daria! What a success!! My jaw dropped when I read you were able to flollow them around and spoke to Mary. I really missed it! Thanks for being there for all of us and getting such great shots and sharing.
Mary does look cold in the pictures. What time DID they get there?
Were you offered samples also?
I'd guess that they got there around ten-thirty/ten-forty-five. It was chilly in the morning, and the event was in a stone archway/pavilion where the sun wasn't anywhere close. I'm sorry you missed this, and I hope you'll be able to come out for the next royal visit.

Thanks to all those who looked, read and commented. I'm glad you all enjoyed reading my account.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Administrator

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik on the sidelines before the New York Jets
played the San Diego Chargers in week 7 of the NFL season at MetLife Stadium in East
Rutherford, New Jersey on October 23, 2011.

They also met Michael Douglas and son (pic 5).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **
Old 10-23-2011, 07:23 PM
Commoner

The game was not broadcast in my city. :/

But I'm happy that pics are available of them at the game. I hope they had a good time.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Daria - I so envy that you got your brush with royalty and how nice that the organizers at Union Square made sure you got a good shot of the princely couple. What wonderful pictures - thanks so much for sharing - and a fantastic memory for you; I can't get over that you actually spoke with Mary! If I wasn't working Saturday, I'd have come in and joined you. It's great that Fred and Mary seem to be enjoying themselves here and I'm thrilled they came to experience the Union Square greenmarket, one of the best ones in New York. I'm glad they sampled good food and got a great reception from us friendly New Yorkers!

And I have to say, OT, that Michael Douglas' son is the spitting image of his mom, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Great pictures Daria!! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Daria - I so envy that you got your brush with royalty and how nice that the organizers at Union Square made sure you got a good shot of the princely couple. What wonderful pictures - thanks so much for sharing - and a fantastic memory for you; I can't get over that you actually spoke with Mary! If I wasn't working Saturday, I'd have come in and joined you. It's great that Fred and Mary seem to be enjoying themselves here and I'm thrilled they came to experience the Union Square greenmarket, one of the best ones in New York. I'm glad they sampled good food and got a great reception from us friendly New Yorkers!

And I have to say, OT, that Michael Douglas' son is the spitting image of his mom, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
You're welcome! Sorry that you couldn't have come out too. Would have been a great experience. I'm still in shock that I actually said something. I get very nervous when meeting new people, and usually don't say much of anything (let alone initiate the conversation). Glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone for this one time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Great pictures Daria!! Thanks for sharing them with us!
You're welcome .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Gentry

Video

Skandinavische Royals besuchen Ground Zero (unkomm.) - Schweizer Fernsehen: SF Videoportal