The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: little rock, Antarctica
Posts: 591
Daria, thanks for sharing your lovely photos.

So pleased that after going, you were able to get so close to M&F, I really like these candid shots.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 AM
dazzling's Avatar
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: -, France
Posts: 22,378
Zimbio picture galleries

Danish Royals in New York
(at the end of this gallery, there are some pictures of Mary & Tanja stopping by Saks fifth avenue department store)
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 AM
Commoner
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canberra, Australia
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
First pics from day 3, October 22:


Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attended the "New Nordic Cookout-A Taste of Denmark"
at the Union Square Greenmarket in New York.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8 ** Pic 9 **

DAria were you the purple sleeve in Pic 4 above - when i saw your personal photos I recognised the location and smile - you lucky thing getting such a warms smile.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-23-2011, 06:57 AM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 22,811
Frederik and Madeleine at the dinner on Friday evening
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/arch..._8474963x4.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Marika86's Avatar
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Villa San Giovanni, Italy
Posts: 4,350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Well, I'm finally home after a rather full day.

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Autumn in New York | Facebook
Thanks for sharing with us these photos! I'm so happy for you
__________________
Marika86
"It's very special, as Kate is very special. It's my way of making sure my mother didn't miss out on today and the excitement." Prince William, November 16 2010
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-23-2011, 09:16 AM
American Dane's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New York and Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 540
New York Times - chargers at jets matchup to watch

This is what Frederik has to look forward to
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-23-2011, 09:23 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 18,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Frederik and Madeleine at the dinner on Friday evening
http://pub.tv2.no/multimedia/na/arch..._8474963x4.jpg
I do wonder what he's looking at on his iphone?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-23-2011, 10:26 AM
kansasmama4's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Topeka, United States
Posts: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
New York Times - chargers at jets matchup to watch

This is what Frederik has to look forward to
I told my husband that we'll have to watch this game today. He doesn't like either the Jets or the Chargers (only his beloved KC Chiefs...who lose every game, I'm telling you! ).

But I'm hoping that the camera at least focuses on M&F at least a few times.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-23-2011, 11:34 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 8,897
An article from Daily Record about M&F visiting a Leo Pharma: Danish royal couple visit Leo Pharma in Parsippany | Daily Record | dailyrecord.com
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-23-2011, 11:54 AM
Frelinghighness's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New England, United States
Posts: 4,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Well, I'm finally home after a rather full day.

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Autumn in New York | Facebook
Wow Daria! What a success!! My jaw dropped when I read you were able to flollow them around and spoke to Mary. I really missed it! Thanks for being there for all of us and getting such great shots and sharing.
Mary does look cold in the pictures. What time DID they get there?
Were you offered samples also?
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 10-23-2011, 12:14 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: RS, Brazil
Posts: 99
By Billed Bladet

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...ew%20York.aspx

One of American television's most popular morning programs covered the event and interviewed the royal couple.

I wonder:

What TV show?
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 10-23-2011, 02:28 PM
Parrothead's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Dallas, United States
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I do wonder what he's looking at on his iphone?
Perhaps he was looking at the odds for the football game today.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 10-23-2011, 02:45 PM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Los Angeles CA, United States
Posts: 1,082
Thank you, Daria. So refreshing to see such naturalness and ease. That they were so accessible is a credit to them. Loved that they matched sweater and scarf - very cute. Maybe it was a set and they shared.

I agree about Mary likely being taken a-back - possibly even tired - these things must be a strain no matter how often you 'do' them. Its funny how we judge someone in such an intensely public role so personally. Its helpful to see the situation from the person's perspective. Even then, we can never know really what it must be like to be under that kind of scrutiny. I especially like that she was not using the situation to be a clothes-horse making a fashion statement. Its a pleasure to see royals without hype.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daria_S View Post
Well, I'm finally home after a rather full day.

I did indeed make it to Union Square, and got a few glimpses (and shots) of the Crownprincely couple. What I found amusing, was the fact that after their part at The Cookout was done, they wandered around the Farmers' Market, and a crowd of people just shadowed them (I was in that crowd, along with another woman who was an admirer of the couple). We were never told to step away, but once were asked not to photograph. I got to have a few seconds of a chat with Mary, and just asked her if she and her husband were enjoying New York City. She said that they were, which is nice to hear. We followed them to their car, and wished them a good day at the Jets game tomorrow. The other girl told me that she didn't find Mary to be very friendly, but my thought was that perhaps Mary didn't expect two random Americans to just start talking to her. I know that if I were in her place, I would have been taken aback just a little bit. Of course we must take into account that she was there on an official visit, and had to pay attention that what the organizers were saying, and whatnot. Overall, it was a great experience.

Here's a link to my facebook album that deals with this visit. It's public, so take a look. The pictures are not the best, but I did what I could. The glare from the sun wasn't very helpful here.

Autumn in New York | Facebook
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 10-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Great photos Daria, I am so pleased that you got so close and that they hung around the farmers market for so long. I am thrilled for you that you got to speak to her. A great memory to keep alongside all your other great memories of life. Your trip has thrilled the rest of us it seems.
So glad you enjoyed reading this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Dane View Post
I found that Mary is quite shy and so is still taken aback by the attention, esp. from non-Danes. She is extremely kind and nice and I'm glad you got to ask her about her trip to NY so far!

Congrats Daria on some great photos Hope you enjoyed the Market at Union Square yourself, it's a beautiful place every Sunday.
I think it was shyness more than anything else. It's got to be daunting to be in a foreign country and get recognized by someone who's most likely not affiliated with Denmark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantie View Post
DAria were you the purple sleeve in Pic 4 above - when i saw your personal photos I recognised the location and smile - you lucky thing getting such a warms smile.
Yep , the purple sweater was worn by me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Wow Daria! What a success!! My jaw dropped when I read you were able to flollow them around and spoke to Mary. I really missed it! Thanks for being there for all of us and getting such great shots and sharing.
Mary does look cold in the pictures. What time DID they get there?
Were you offered samples also?
I'd guess that they got there around ten-thirty/ten-forty-five. It was chilly in the morning, and the event was in a stone archway/pavilion where the sun wasn't anywhere close. I'm sorry you missed this, and I hope you'll be able to come out for the next royal visit.

Thanks to all those who looked, read and commented. I'm glad you all enjoyed reading my account.
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 33,157
___________________


Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik on the sidelines before the New York Jets
played the San Diego Chargers in week 7 of the NFL season at MetLife Stadium in East
Rutherford, New Jersey on October 23, 2011.

They also met Michael Douglas and son (pic 5).



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** belga gallery **
__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:23 PM
kansasmama4's Avatar
Commoner
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Topeka, United States
Posts: 24
The game was not broadcast in my city. :/

But I'm happy that pics are available of them at the game. I hope they had a good time.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Baroness of Books's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bookstacks, United States
Posts: 5,808
Daria - I so envy that you got your brush with royalty and how nice that the organizers at Union Square made sure you got a good shot of the princely couple. What wonderful pictures - thanks so much for sharing - and a fantastic memory for you; I can't get over that you actually spoke with Mary! If I wasn't working Saturday, I'd have come in and joined you. It's great that Fred and Mary seem to be enjoying themselves here and I'm thrilled they came to experience the Union Square greenmarket, one of the best ones in New York. I'm glad they sampled good food and got a great reception from us friendly New Yorkers!

And I have to say, OT, that Michael Douglas' son is the spitting image of his mom, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
4Pam's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N/A, United States
Posts: 2,974
Great pictures Daria!! Thanks for sharing them with us!
__________________
Absence is, in my opinion, important to find out whether something in your life is meaningful and important! It may be difficult to endure, but the end result is always revealing.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Daria_S's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: My own head, United States
Posts: 8,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Daria - I so envy that you got your brush with royalty and how nice that the organizers at Union Square made sure you got a good shot of the princely couple. What wonderful pictures - thanks so much for sharing - and a fantastic memory for you; I can't get over that you actually spoke with Mary! If I wasn't working Saturday, I'd have come in and joined you. It's great that Fred and Mary seem to be enjoying themselves here and I'm thrilled they came to experience the Union Square greenmarket, one of the best ones in New York. I'm glad they sampled good food and got a great reception from us friendly New Yorkers!

And I have to say, OT, that Michael Douglas' son is the spitting image of his mom, Catherine Zeta-Jones.
You're welcome! Sorry that you couldn't have come out too. Would have been a great experience. I'm still in shock that I actually said something. I get very nervous when meeting new people, and usually don't say much of anything (let alone initiate the conversation). Glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone for this one time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Great pictures Daria!! Thanks for sharing them with us!
You're welcome .
__________________
"My guiding principles in life are to be honest, genuine, thoughtful and caring".
~Prince William~


I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 10-23-2011, 07:49 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: RS, Brazil
Posts: 99
Video

Skandinavische Royals besuchen Ground Zero (unkomm.) - Schweizer Fernsehen: SF Videoportal
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princely Couple Official Visit to Finland: October 22-23, 2013 fairy tale Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 12 10-27-2013 05:00 AM
Crown Princess Mary's Working Visit to New York: September 27-October 1, 2012 dazzling Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 59 10-14-2012 07:25 AM
Working visit to New York by members of the JRF: September 17-24, 2011 Mademoiselle Lilo Royal House of Jordan 40 12-15-2011 07:37 PM
Crown Prince Couple visits New York - October 2010 Her_Majesty Crown Prince Haakon, Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Family 23 10-31-2010 04:17 PM
Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Romania: October 8-9, 2007 Mandy Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 80 10-11-2007 05:33 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion current events current events thread duchess of cambridge duchess of cornwall's fashion and style dutch state visit e-mail fashion poll greece haldane hereditary grand duchess stéphanie kate middleton king abdullah ii king willem-alexander member introduction monarchy new zealand norway november november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles prince leka princess eugenie outfit princess marie princess mary princess mary fashion princess victoria fashion queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen mathilde queen mathilde fashion queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania queen rania casual outfit queen rania daytime fashion queen rania fashion queen rania in the un queen rania style royal weddings september 2016 sheikha moza state visit state visit to denmark succession sweden swedish royal family summer portraits 2016 the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:41 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2017
Jelsoft Enterprises