The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Majesty

Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Romania; October 8-9, 2007

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will be making an Official Visit to Romania 8-9 October 2007 upon the invitation of the Romanian President.

(D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender)

Old 10-08-2007, 07:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Crown Princess Mary (C) and Crown Prince Frederik (R) enter the Art Collections Museum in Bucharest October 8, 2007

http://i40.tinypic.com/2n86l1z.jpg

Old 10-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

It's fantastic to see Mary wearing hats again (after a long hat-less time).
They always make her look very elegant.
She looks pretty and elegant today.

Old 10-08-2007, 08:37 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Another perfect outfit and appearance. Mary looks fab and I wish Fred would make some more effort ... no idea why he always looks as if he just got out of bed
Old 10-08-2007, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Another perfect outfit and appearance. Mary looks fab and I wish Fred would make some more effort ... no idea why he always looks as if he just got out of bed
I agree.. he often looks rather bored... or like his thoughts are "sailing" around the world.

Pictures from Polfoto
Mary and Fred 1
Mary and Fred 2
Polfoto

Old 10-08-2007, 09:00 AM
Courtier

HQ photos from the Romanian President's website:
Preşedintele României=

-Ayvee
Old 10-08-2007, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

beautiful pictures of the couple. Its nice to se when Frederik is smiing on official events. I love Mary's ooutfit & hat.
Pictures from getty
Pic 1
pic 2
pic 3
pic 4
pic 5

ibl pictures
Mary 1
Mary 2
Mary & Frederik
Old 10-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Mary helped me kick smoking: Frederik

Australian-born Danish Crown Princess Mary helped Crown Prince Frederick quit smoking by applying "positive pressure" - full article here
Old 10-08-2007, 09:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Mary helped me kick smoking: Frederik

Australian-born Danish Crown Princess Mary helped Crown Prince Frederick quit smoking by applying "positive pressure" - full article here
quite a cute anecdote, although i still couldn't understand what positive pressure was supposed to mean. it also mentions this is part of a longer interview. do you think it will be aired shortly? i didn't know the princely couple has "official interviews" as such that are aired every so often. perhaps some dane can clarify?

coming back to topic, i quite liked mary's ensemble today. very feminine and princessy.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 AM
Courtier

Mary looks great It`s the outfit new? Can`t remember seeing that before...
Old 10-08-2007, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
quite a cute anecdote, although i still couldn't understand what positive pressure was supposed to mean. it also mentions this is part of a longer interview. do you think it will be aired shortly? i didn't know the princely couple has "official interviews" as such that are aired every so often. perhaps some dane can clarify?

coming back to topic, i quite liked mary's ensemble today. very feminine and princessy.
I take positive pressure to mean that Mary did the only sensible thing to do to a man - flatter him (by saying she wanted him around for as long as possible) - instead of nagging him and saying that his filthy cigarettes made everything stink of smoke!
I haven't heard of any interview before; however the name of the interviewer - Puk - is probably one of two persons (the other is a doctor) who right now has a lifestyle program on TV. Frederik has been interviewed before in connection with a nationwide event aimed at getting school children to get more exercise, so perhaps this is something similar?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
HQ photos from the Romanian President's website:
Pre?edintele României=

-Ayvee
Thanks for the pics! Mary looks lovely as usual. It's hard for a man to look exciting wearing a suit, so Fred to me looks like, well Fred. I love the pic of the president shaking Fred's hand while eying Mary the entire time. It could misconstrude as being rude if the picture did not look so charming.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:14 AM
Serene Highness

mary looks lovely, love the outfit, hat, gloves - whole look "very classy and princessessy" imo part of frederiks charm is his slightly rumpled look- very huggable. i don't remember this outfit either, is it a dress? with a jacket do you think?
Old 10-08-2007, 11:37 AM
Serene Highness

Yes, it appears to be a dress with a jacket. I love what Mary is wearing and my thoughts were similar to other posters. And that is that she looks very "classy" today. I see what people mean about Fred but I agree that part of his charm is his slightly imperfect look that he sports. Other posters have often told me that Fred and Mary seem so down to earth. Well, I have been slow to warm up to them for some strange reason. But I have to say I see it now, I see the charm of this couple. I'm enjoying keeping up with them more and more.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Nobility

Lovely dress on Mary -- surprised by gloves, though. When's the last time we saw her with those?

Wish she wouldn't pull the hat down almost to the top of her eyebrows, though.

Anyone guessed the designer of today's ensemble? I'd love to get a piece of that fabric and stitch up a sheath dress, too!
Old 10-08-2007, 12:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Bluffton View Post
Lovely dress on Mary -- surprised by gloves, though. When's the last time we saw her with those?
She wore gloves during the Brazilian President's Visit to Denmark. I was suprised about the gloves too during the Brazil visit but was informed that this is the dress code for meeting heads of states. So I guess, this is why she has gloves on in Romania.

-Ayvee
Old 10-08-2007, 02:13 PM
Courtier

Do we have a schedule of events for the remainder of the trip? I would like to see what they are doing during their visit. Thanks!

I found the answer at the DRW website below.

Danish Royal Watchers
Old 10-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Stop smoking is not easy for sure so is nice to see that Mary has this good influence on Frederik.
I adore to see Princess Mary with traditional princessy pieces like this is one. I love the hat and although I am not sure about the skirt it is very original and elegant.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Aristocracy

Is Princess Isabella traveling with them?
Old 10-08-2007, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Is Princess Isabella traveling with them?
Good question. I dont think she is since this is a very short visit. I guess they took her to New York in September since that was a longer stay

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, official visit, romania