Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Romania: October 8-9, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's fantastic to see Mary wearing hats again (after a long hat-less time).
They always make her look very elegant.
She looks pretty and elegant today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Another perfect outfit and appearance. Mary looks fab and I wish Fred would make some more effort ... no idea why he always looks as if he just got out of bed :rolleyes:

Mary helped me kick smoking: Frederik

Australian-born Danish Crown Princess Mary helped Crown Prince Frederick quit smoking by applying "positive pressure" - full article here

Mary helped me kick smoking: Frederik

Australian-born Danish Crown Princess Mary helped Crown Prince Frederick quit smoking by applying "positive pressure" - full article here

quite a cute anecdote, although i still couldn't understand what positive pressure was supposed to mean. it also mentions this is part of a longer interview. do you think it will be aired shortly? i didn't know the princely couple has "official interviews" as such that are aired every so often. perhaps some dane can clarify?

coming back to topic, i quite liked mary's ensemble today. very feminine and princessy.

Mary looks great:) It`s the outfit new? Can`t remember seeing that before...

quite a cute anecdote, although i still couldn't understand what positive pressure was supposed to mean. it also mentions this is part of a longer interview. do you think it will be aired shortly? i didn't know the princely couple has "official interviews" as such that are aired every so often. perhaps some dane can clarify?

coming back to topic, i quite liked mary's ensemble today. very feminine and princessy.
I take positive pressure to mean that Mary did the only sensible thing to do to a man ;) - flatter him (by saying she wanted him around for as long as possible) - instead of nagging him and saying that his filthy cigarettes made everything stink of smoke!:D
I haven't heard of any interview before; however the name of the interviewer - Puk - is probably one of two persons (the other is a doctor) who right now has a lifestyle program on TV. Frederik has been interviewed before in connection with a nationwide event aimed at getting school children to get more exercise, so perhaps this is something similar?

HQ photos from the Romanian President's website:
Pre?edintele României=

-Ayvee
Thanks for the pics! Mary looks lovely as usual. It's hard for a man to look exciting wearing a suit, so Fred to me looks like, well Fred. I love the pic of the president shaking Fred's hand while eying Mary the entire time. It could misconstrude as being rude if the picture did not look so charming.

mary looks lovely, love the outfit, hat, gloves - whole look "very classy and princessessy" imo part of frederiks charm is his slightly rumpled look- very huggable. i don't remember this outfit either, is it a dress? with a jacket do you think?

Yes, it appears to be a dress with a jacket. I love what Mary is wearing and my thoughts were similar to other posters. And that is that she looks very "classy" today. I see what people mean about Fred but I agree that part of his charm is his slightly imperfect look that he sports. Other posters have often told me that Fred and Mary seem so down to earth. Well, I have been slow to warm up to them for some strange reason. But I have to say I see it now, I see the charm of this couple. I'm enjoying keeping up with them more and more.

Lovely dress on Mary -- surprised by gloves, though. When's the last time we saw her with those?

Wish she wouldn't pull the hat down almost to the top of her eyebrows, though.

Anyone guessed the designer of today's ensemble? I'd love to get a piece of that fabric and stitch up a sheath dress, too! :queen4:

Lovely dress on Mary -- surprised by gloves, though. When's the last time we saw her with those?

She wore gloves during the Brazilian President's Visit to Denmark. I was suprised about the gloves too during the Brazil visit but was informed that this is the dress code for meeting heads of states. So I guess, this is why she has gloves on in Romania.

-Ayvee

Do we have a schedule of events for the remainder of the trip? I would like to see what they are doing during their visit. Thanks!

I found the answer at the DRW website below.

Danish Royal Watchers

Last edited:
Stop smoking is not easy for sure so is nice to see that Mary has this good influence on Frederik. :)
I adore to see Princess Mary with traditional princessy pieces like this is one. I love the hat and although I am not sure about the skirt it is very original and elegant.

Is Princess Isabella traveling with them?

Is Princess Isabella traveling with them?

Good question. I dont think she is since this is a very short visit. I guess they took her to New York in September since that was a longer stay

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely, simply perfect! The light in this oufit is fantastic!

Good question. I dont think she is since this is a very short visit. I guess they took her to New York in September since that was a longer stay:)

A few lovely, un-watermarked pictures on the http://www.royals.web-log.nl/

What is wrong with Fred?!?
His pants look awfully wrinkled, his shirt is funnily poking thorough his jacket and he looks like someone who does shift work (tired as hell).
He does not impress me at all.:eek:

What is wrong with Fred?!?
His pants look awfully wrinkled, his shirt is funnily poking thorough his jacket and he looks like someone who does shift work (tired as hell).
He does not impress me at all.:eek:

I just get the impression that Fred is someone who couldn't give a care how he looks, and only tries to because he has to. Fred's got more important things on his mind :rolleyes: .....

Oh that is funny! Mary looks lovely as usual. Her elegance is something she has us used to.

Mary looks very nice and elegant. She's in love with that hat though. She just tacks on some sort of flower and calls it a day!
Frederik has always had some trouble in the clothing department. He must have gotten it from his father. I find that Henrik also has trouble finding clothes that are properly fitted and tailored with colors that match. Joachim is much better at looking polished in a suit.

Wow! Mary looked fabulous today! What a great outfit! As for Fred, I love him! but he really needs fashion advice. Mary should definitely give him a look-over before she lets him out of the house. LOL

I just get the impression that Fred is someone who couldn't give a care how he looks, and only tries to because he has to. Fred's got more important things on his mind :rolleyes: .....

:lol: Very good, I'm sure he does give that quite a lot of thought.

Wow! Mary looked fabulous today! What a great outfit! As for Fred, I love him! but he really needs fashion advice. Mary should definitely give him a look-over before she lets him out of the house. LOL

Yes, but it looks like that Mary had eyes only for herself and not for her husband. :ermm:

Unless there's a picture of Mary standing infront of a mirror admiring herself, then I'm affraid there's very little evidence to suggest Mary was concerned more about herself than the purpose of the visit.

Last edited:
Love Mary's dress from yesteday, different but nice pattern and colour :)

Back
Top Bottom