The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Courtier

Great outfit for Mary. The scarf is indeeed eye-catching! Mary & Fred look very much in love.

Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sisiofbavaria View Post
What is wrong with Fred?!?
His pants look awfully wrinkled, his shirt is funnily poking thorough his jacket and he looks like someone who does shift work (tired as hell).
He does not impress me at all.
I noticed that Fred appeared to be wearing a black tie on the first day. In my country, black ties are normally worn at funerals...I couldn´t help wondering if a friend of his had died, and this was the reason for his rather "strange" appearance...

Just to update, have just read on Danish Royal Watchers that Henrik was taken ill during the visit to South Korea so maybe that explains Fred´s rather distracted demeanour. He looked much better today.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:25 PM
Serene Highness

I did not think Fred looked badly yesterday maybe not as put together as he should of been. But today he seems happier about what is going on. Maybe it's possible that yesterday he had a lot on his mind as far as proper protocol and today seems to have an easier going style to it. Just a thought!

I like Fred's suit today, I think it compliments Mary's outfit well. I like what Mary is wearing and the color of the scarf adds just the right amount of color. However, the scarf looks a bit cumbersome around her neck, personally that would really annoy me.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZandraRae View Post
Great outfit for Mary. The scarf is indeeed eye-catching! Mary & Fred look very much in love.
I agree, they look very much in love & some pictures were just too

a few un-watermarked, large pictures on http://www.royals.web-log.nl/
I especially love the close-up of Princess Mary
Old 10-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Serene Highness

i just noticed the red ?rose? pin frederik is wearing on his lapel, does anyone know the significance?
Old 10-09-2007, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
i just noticed the red ?rose? pin frederik is wearing on his lapel, does anyone know the significance?
Thanks for pointing it out, I also noticed one on Mary.
Intresting pin..
Old 10-09-2007, 06:25 PM
Aristocracy

I don't think the outfit is anything special, the red scarf is eye catching, but then red always is. Loved yesterdays outfit.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
I don't think the outfit is anything special, the red scarf is eye catching, but then red always is. Loved yesterdays outfit.

I have to agree with you Saphire. Its just a black suit and everyone probably has one just like it in there closet.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

Has anyone been able to find their intinary? There's normally one on the first page of the thread but I couldn't find one. (I'm hoping for a gala, or at least an evening dress!)

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawc View Post
I have to agree with you Saphire. Its just a black suit and everyone probably has one just like it in there closet.
To my mind, Mary is beautifully turned out, especially in the detail.
But I agree about the suit. She looks very nice, but its a glamorous business woman, not a "stereotypical" princess look.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Is her suit today black or a very dark chocolate brown? When I logged in this morning and looked at pics I thought it was brown with a dark coral/dark orange-ish colored scarf. And now I'm reading other posts that say black and red. I looked at more pics at the DRW and in some it looks brown and in others it looks black. So I'm unsure at this point. On a larger scale of importance I suppose it doesn't much matter.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora810 View Post
Is her suit today black or a very dark chocolate brown? When I logged in this morning and looked at pics I thought it was brown with a dark coral/dark orange-ish colored scarf. And now I'm reading other posts that say black and red. I looked at more pics at the DRW and in some it looks brown and in others it looks black. So I'm unsure at this point. On a larger scale of importance I suppose it doesn't much matter.
Its a brown suit. looks black under no light
Old 10-09-2007, 08:42 PM
Courtier

Does anyone have a closeup photo of Mary's new ring(s) she wore with the scarf outfit?
Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Gentry

I could be very wrong about the little rosettes)?) in the lapels of M&F, but I think you were them instead of the original honors (sash and whatevers) that would only be worn for a formal occasion. In this case, the honors they received from the Romanian government
Old 10-10-2007, 01:44 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Very strinking red scarf from Mary yesterday
Old 10-10-2007, 04:50 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
I agree, they look very much in love & some pictures were just too

a few un-watermarked, large pictures on http://www.royals.web-log.nl/
I especially love the close-up of Princess Mary
Yes, nice to see! Fred and Mary usually don't show this so-much-in-love attitude in public (and they don't have to) so even more enjoyable when they do from time to time. They look very relaxed and happy in these pictures. Love Mary's outfit although I feel she sometimes overdoes her fascination for labels. We all know she likes it and it's fine in her usual environment but Romania is a very very poor country and I find it a bit tacky to show off a chanel bag here and a cartier watch there etc. I don't say she should dress in a potatoe sack but a tick less here and there would sometimes be more appropriate. However, for me Mary is the CP with the most regal attitude and appearance among her peers.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:24 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
but Romania is a very very poor country
See wikipedia's infos about Romania.
Romania - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
"With a GDP per capita (PPP) of $10,661 estimated for 2007, Romania is considered an upper-middle income economy and has been part of the European Union since 1 January 2007. After the Communist regime was overthrown in late 1989, the country experienced a decade of economic instability and decline, led in part by an obsolete industrial base and a lack of structural reform. From 2000 onwards, however, the Romanian economy was transformed into one of relative macroeconomic stability, characterised by high growth, low unemployment and declining inflation."

There are parts in Romania which are poorer than others.
But M&F visited Bukarest (the President and Prime Minister) and Sibiu, the European Capital of Culture 2007.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

the duke of marmalade has a point re Mary's clothes, even though she does look lovely. Romania has a very high level of poverty in rural areas, in old people's homes and orphanages as we know in west europe, it is on tv and in the papers often enough.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM
Courtier

But they did not visit poor rural areas.
Obviously the Romanians wanted to show them the positive, beautiful parts of their country.

I personally feel she should dress as she usually does,
otherwise it's a bit hypocritical.
I buy those things but I don't wear them in countries with poor rural areas?
Old 10-10-2007, 06:08 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I quite agree ricarda, I like the attitude of the late Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. She even dressed up in pearls, hats and pastels when she visited the bombed areas of London during WWII.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

I have heard about that, I believe she did it to cheer people up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
I quite agree ricarda, I like the attitude of the late Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother. She even dressed up in pearls, hats and pastels when she visited the bombed areas of London during WWII.

Tags
crown prince frederik, crown princess mary, official visit, romania