The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-22-2011, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

What a lovely start of the our with the couple showing off the adorable twins, would've made a perfect family picture if Christian & Isabella were also with them.
Mary looks really nice in that dark dress matched with the printed scarf and hat.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
This is not their second tour, it's the 4th.
2004 (biggest cities), 2006 (Bornholm), 2008 (various islands), 2011 (North Jutland)
Yes, and we can hope they will go on their own yearly cruise from now on.

Now, for those of you who swoon at the sight of a man in a navy uniform interacting with small children, look no further: Billed-Bladet - Kongelig sjov i Skagen: Kronprinsparret spillede med

In Skagen M&F visited a number of daycare children. Dagpleje = daycare children has a slightly different meaning than in English. A person is employed by the local municipality to look after three to five children plus his/her own child/children. These children will be looked after in the carer's private home under the supervision of the municipality. A kind of municipal full time nanny.
For practical reasons they sometimes meet so that the children in their care can meet and interact with other children. And that's what happened here. In this case children in "nursery age", i.e. from one to three. - Many parents prefer their children to be looked after by one adult, rather than a number of adults at a nursery or kindergarden.

Okay, back to M&F. Frederik appeared to be on level with the children from the beginning. He gently began beating his cap, substituting it for a drum, while Mary was beating a drum. - Whether that inspired the young musicians to some additional creative effort is not mentioned in the article.

You are welcome, American Dane.

Old 08-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Josephine resembles Prince Henrik to me while Prince Vincent looks like Princess Mary.

http://i55.tinypic.com/icvj9w.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/123wadt.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/25jgn6d.jpg
Old 08-22-2011, 11:48 AM
Majesty

Thank you to those who have provided the links and articles. The pictures are very lovely. Hope that they have a pleasant cruise. And yes, the twins are absolutely precious.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:21 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Princess Josephine resembles Prince Henrik to me while Prince Vincent looks like Princess Mary.

I think it's fun how people see things differently -- to me, Josephine looks just like Mary. Vincent reminds me of Christian only slightly darker.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:38 PM
Royal Highness

Wow Frederik in uniform holding a baby...

To me Vincent looks very similar to Christian at the same age
Old 08-22-2011, 01:00 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post

The cheeks on these babies! They are so adorable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post

Now, for those of you who swoon at the sight of a man in a navy uniform interacting with small children, look no further: Billed-Bladet - Kongelig sjov i Skagen: Kronprinsparret spillede med

Yep, a handsome man (in uniform no less) playing with children...gets me everytime
Old 08-22-2011, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Frederik is wearing the full dress uniform of the navy while standing on the bridge, holding one of the twins. Don't know which.

From pic #18, he has changed to the more practical dress uniform, complete with the free fall jumpwings on the right side of his chest.

The last picture is from the Skagen museum. Around 1900 Skagen was THE place to go for a number of classical painters, partly due to the exceptional light there, partly because Skagen was "exotic" - and because everybody else who was something in the artworld around that time went there.
One of the classical motifs were fishermen. And painted in a realistic way with the stout fishermen doing whatever they were doing on a day to day basis, the paintings are better than historical photographs.

The visit was very well featured on the 19.00 news on TV2.

A large gallery from BT: Tvillingerne er med på sommertogt | www.bt.dk

The painting in the last picture is called: "The drowned" by Michael Ancher. http://www.kristeligt-dagblad.dk/mod...00_0_0_0_0.jpg

A video from TV2 Nord, Regional tv: http://www.tv2nord.dk/artikel/170415...dste-karet-tur M&F are here leaving Skagen Museum at the end of the visit in Skagen. As this is being typed the reception onboard Dannebrog should be about to end.

Mary said in the five minuttes segment on TV2 news at 19.00 that the twins are fine and that it's cosy to have them with them.
Old 08-22-2011, 04:10 PM
Nobility

The babies are growing so fast! They're both extremely cute, and it's nice they're getting some alone time with their mom and dad.

Both Mary and Frederik look great, better than they have in awhile. I hope they enjoy the trip!
Old 08-22-2011, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by camelot23ca View Post
Both Mary and Frederik look great, better than they have in awhile. I hope they enjoy the trip!
Probably. I think Mary in particular is genuinely enjoying to be back on the job, away from nappies, crying children and feeding.

Not to mention that M&F are great when working as a team.
Old 08-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Frederik is wearing the full dress uniform of the navy while standing on the bridge, holding one of the twins. Don't know which.
It´s Princess Josephine
Old 08-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Probably. I think Mary in particular is genuinely enjoying to be back on the job, away from nappies, crying children and feeding.

Not to mention that M&F are great when working as a team.
I don't see it as getting away, after all they brought the kids in nappies and crying children and children that require (breast)feeding with them!! Bit of both worlds, back to work but the babies get to tag along...
Old 08-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Courtier

Hope we get some photos from the reception on board the Dannebrog as well.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you all for the beautiful photos. The history of the Jews in DK during the war was really interesting Muhler. Just loving the photos of the twins and their gorgeous parents.
Old 08-23-2011, 12:28 AM
Courtier

So many photo's. I didn't know where to start! They look like they are having a lovely time, babies are precious and M and F look very happy and content.
Old 08-23-2011, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
Hope we get some photos from the reception on board the Dannebrog as well.
I doubt we will get pictures from the reception, pictures on the yacht seem to be very private even in the past. It seems no journalists are able to get on, please someone correct me if I am wrong but even when the Queen hold a reception we don't get pictures. Pity as I am sure they would be great pictures.

Cant wait for the rest of the tour, hope at each stop we will get a glimpse of the twins.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

No that's right dazz. Whenever there is a private reception on the Danneborg during a tour, the only pictures we've gotten were of F&M or the Queen and Prince Henrik on the deck of the yacht waving to the crowds late in the evening (usually when they are about to set sail for Copenhagen).

Love the pictures from day one, Mary looks great - back to the old Mary. Hope we see more of the twins as the tour continues.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:23 AM
Commoner

Is there no pictures of them leaving the habour of Skagen last night?
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Nobility

How nice to get home from work to see all this great photos.
Thanks all for posting the links also to Muhler and our other Danish friends for the extra details.
Mary looks lovely, Frederik in uniform and as an extra bonus we get to see the twins, they have changed so much in three weeks.
I love the way the Danish Royal Family do these tours on the Dannebrog, I think it is rather special for them and the people.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:59 AM
Courtier

Oh well am satisfied with the pictures so far. I am sure they intend to show off the twins to the crowds where ever they dock. The photos so far have been great. Both look happy and relaxed and delighted to be on tour.