The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ofelia View Post
Improvised or not, everyone likes Frederik's gesture.
It's nice to know that despite all that pressure and problems that every marriage has, they have feelings for each other, and could be spontaneous.
It wasn't spontaneous, it was planned. Not romantic IMO. And not hygienic. Sorry but I'm not very romantic person.
Small red carpet wasn't necessary.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl
It wasn't spontaneous, it was planned. Not romantic IMO. And not hygienic. Sorry but I'm not very romantic person.
Small red carpet wasn't necessary.
Well aren't you just a big spoil sport

Old 08-25-2011, 05:35 PM
Royal Highness

The small red carpet might make sense if the area tends to get slippery from condensation (said by one who had to have surgery for a broken ankle this week - from falling on a slippery floor )
Old 08-25-2011, 05:47 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

These photos are really lovely. It's a pleasure to see Frederik and Mary so happy and in love. Vincent & Josephine are absolutely gorgeous and chubby. Vincent has really stolen my heart

Thanks Muhler! All your informations are always interesting and appreciated

"Pure People" La princesse Mary, belle méduse violette, flirte au fond de la Mer du Nord
Old 08-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Courtier

And those asking about WHY the little carpet? Well, have a look, I don't think what Mary did is the done, conventional thing...the red carpet is covering and protecting information panels in front of the tank glass...and it also brings her higher and closer to the glass which makes it better for a photo op...So there is a reason for everthing, no matter how tacky it looks
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Her svømmer kronprinsen med monsterfisken | www.bt.dk

Mary is standing on a mini-red carpet in front of the aquarium, that is REALLY tacky!
I thought it was cute! I think she's standing over some "fish explanation" where maybe you can't normally stand?
Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Courtier

That's what I said, Juliette
Old 08-25-2011, 10:51 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
Sorry but I'm not very romantic person.
I think your avatar with Prince Charles sniffing a bunch of carrots gave that away! Sorry -it's just humour, absolutely no offense!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
That's what I said, Juliette
Yes, you said it - and much more eloquently than I did!! (I was a bit behind with "post reading"! )
Old 08-26-2011, 02:43 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are four more galleries from yesterday: ** ppe gallery 1 ** ppe gallery 2 ** ppe gallery 3 ** ** sn.dk gallery **,

please check out page 5 of this thread for more galleries from yesterday!

And here's a gallery of pics of Crown Princess Mary leaving the Dannebrog to depart for Africa:

** BB: Kronprinsesse Mary til Afrika **
Old 08-26-2011, 05:19 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliette2 View Post
I think your avatar with Prince Charles sniffing a bunch of carrots gave that away! Sorry -it's just humour, absolutely no offense!
no offense Juliette, I just love this pic of Charles sniffing a carrots
Old 08-26-2011, 08:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

And here's a gallery of pics of Crown Princess Mary leaving the Dannebrog to depart for Africa:

** BB: Kronprinsesse Mary til Afrika **
Thank you, Iceflower.

Yes, Mary's suitcases were been loaded into the trunk of a car as the guests, invited for the reception were boarding Dannebrog, while in Hirtshals.
It appears Mary just managed to say hello to the guests and then she left Dannebrog in order to drive to Aalborg airport and presumably back to Copenhagen. It looks like Tanja Doky went with her and presumably she'll go to Africa as well.

To me this very much indicates that the decision for Mary to go to Somalia was taken a very short while ago.

A little detail: Notice the pics where Mary is walking down the gangway. When Dannebrog is on port in connection with a cruise a sailor, ceremoniously armed with a cutlass, is always standing at the bottom of the gangway.

I'll leave it to the mods to decide whether this post should be moved to Mary goes to Somalia thread, in which case they are free to delete the last detail as irrelevant.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thank you, Iceflower.

Yes, Mary's suitcases were been loaded into the trunk of a car as the guests, invited for the reception were boarding Dannebrog, while in Hirtshals.
It appears Mary just managed to say hello to the guests and then she left Dannebrog in order to drive to Aalborg airport and presumably back to Copenhagen. It looks like Tanja Doky went with her and presumably she'll go to Africa as well.

To me this very much indicates that the decision for Mary to go to Somalia was taken a very short while ago.
Please tell me why this would indicate to you that this decision was taken so recently.
Old 08-26-2011, 11:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Please tell me why this would indicate to you that this decision was taken so recently.
I wonder that too. Doesn't a trip like this involve a lot of planning? Aren't these arranged months ahead of time?
Old 08-26-2011, 12:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmily View Post

I wonder that too. Doesn't a trip like this involve a lot of planning? Aren't these arranged months ahead of time?
Yes and no.

As I understand it Mary was asked some time back whether she would go.
From that point the schedule would have been involved the court in regards to what a member of DRF can and cannot do. The security assessment also go up some notches.
In the meantime Mary's normal schedule goes on.
Again until pretty late, it wasn't even certain the minister himself would go. In fact there are indications that the Minsster for Development pressed for it. Because the PM would have known for some time that it was likely he would call a general election about this time, depending on all sorts of domestic political details - and opinion polls....
That is something he would only discuss among the very must senior ministers. The Minister for Development is not among them. That I'm willing to state with 95% certainly.
The security situation is of course assessed until the very last moment. For that matter Mary's visit to the refugee camp can still be cancelled. - At least one part of the visit was cancelled for security reasons.
Now combined with the fact that a minister heading a "business ministry" due to a general election is pretty impotent, it seems very likely to me that the PM decided to give his OK quite late, after consultations with the Foreign Minister and FET and in this case to a lesser degree PET.

Mary may not have known when she woke up onboard Dannebrog Thursday morning, whether she would go or not. Then she got a phone call: "We're going". And that's what I think happened.

ADDED: Come to think of it it lends credit to the account in BB, that Mary shed a tear when she let go of the twins when Dannebrog sailed into Hirtshals.
And it also gives Frederik's kiss in the aquarium a deeper meaning. He's proud of his Mary - and he admires her.
Old 08-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

As the last item on the agenda of the Dannebrog Tour of Jutland Crown Princess Frederik this evening,
August 26, opened the Aarhus Festival at the Concert Hall in Aarhus.

** Pic ** tv2oj.dk video: Video: Kronprinsen åbner festugen **

** sn.dk: Kronprinsen: Det er menneskeligt at fejle ** translation **

** stiften.dk: Video: Fredes Festuge-tale ** translation ** stiften.dk gallery **
Old 08-26-2011, 05:53 PM
Gentry

Videos

Old 08-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by agami.pearl View Post
no offense Juliette, I just love this pic of Charles sniffing a carrots
Actually, I like it, too! And I love what Prince Charles does for organic gardening and the environment. I think that he is, unfortunately, rather misunderstood by some. Sorry, I know it's OT.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiomar View Post
Videos
Thank you for these. Nice to watch parts of the tour on the video.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Hola Gallery

Link
Old 08-27-2011, 08:59 AM
Aristocracy

to the Danish-speaking posters on board:
from wht I gather, this Aarhus festival opening speech was an occasion of pivotal importance for Frederik, the papers (in the Google-translated articles I could find) emphasized how it's been the Queen's task for some 30 years or so and that this could be a sort of changing of the guard. They add that Frederik, though not always praised for his rethorical abilities, has put a lot of effort into his speech and has acted with humility.
If you were present at the Festival or have read more, could you please tell me how it went for Frederik? How was he received by the public? How good or bad hes speech was?
I watched a video and, judging from his body language alone, he looked quite comfortable and also proud to be there, but unfortunately I could not understand a single word :-(
In the pics he looks very smart, with a perfectly fitting jacket (surprise surprise... ;-) ), smiling etc. I reckon he would have liked to have Mary by his side, still it's great for her to go to Somalia.
In a way, and that's where I ask you Danes again, it looks like an "unofficial investiture" for the Crown Princely Couple: the summer cruise, than a major and very "kingly" event for Frederik and an equally important abroad event for Mary... good for them, as I think that as a team they work very well!