Crown Princely Couple Visit Flensborg (Danish Minority Area): May 6, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
May 6 Frederik & will visit Flensborg (the Danish minority south of the border). The tour will last 5 hours starting at 10 ending at 2.

Article about the visit in Danish ** English translated

Programme in German ** English translated

Translated Program of the Visit

10:00am
The Crown Prince and Princess visit the Flensborg City Hall, with a reception given by various Flensborg Ministers.

10:25am
The Crown Prince and Princess sign the Golden Book of the City of Flensborg.

11:00am
The Crown Prince and Princess visit the Duborg-Skolen, the Danish secondary school in Flensborg.

11:45am
The Crown Prince and Princess visit the Skovgades Børnehave kindergarden.

14:05pm
The Crown Prince and Princess visit the Danish Helligåndskirken (Danish Church) in Flensborg.

14:35
The visit ends.​

Lovely outfit for the Crown Princess. It seems they are lucky with the weather.

They both look great! Here's another link to an article about the visit:

Frede og Mary i børnehave - Danmark

They visited a kindergarten today, and the children were delighted to see and talk to them.

Beautiful photos!!!!!
They are such a marvelous couple.

A very elegant outfit.

This couple does seem to enjoy being together on duty dont they.:in_love: They really seem to like this kind of thing and so often you see them exchanging words/smiles and just enjoying themselves.:D:D It must make it so much more special for the crowd present.:clap:

Thank you for all the pictures everyone. Mary didnt look her best. Its nice seeing all the people of different ages turn up and meet the royal couple.

Great videos Mitchell - thank you :flowers:

When I see Mary live interacting with people, I'm always amazed at how seemingly effortless she has taken to royal life and to the role she has to play. I think it's great to have a crown princess who seems as if she enjoys whatever she is doing when she is carrying out her role. This is what she will spend her life doing - great that she comes across professionally and seems to enjoy it. :flowers:

Thanks for all photos and videos

I love how natural Mary and Frederik are with each other and with the people they meet. They throughly enjoy meeting the children as seen in the many photos.

Thank you JessRulz.
Those pictures of Mary are stunning.
It was a truely wonderful event.
x

Does anyone know if this is an annual event? I recall them visiting this area last year, but can't remember if they have always done this. Does anyone know if this is now a permanent part of their calendar?

I love the way M&F interact with children.

Does anyone know if this is an annual event? I recall them visiting this area last year, but can't remember if they have always done this. Does anyone know if this is now a permanent part of their calendar?

I really do hope it becomes a yearly event, if isn't already. It would be wonderful to see them back there again.
x

Yeah, it would be very good & nice if this trip will become their traditional trip in the future. I think that it's important that CP couple will visit these kind of areas and if they'll visit one place more than once. But I think we must just wait and see. Talking about Mary's look.... well, you people have told evertyhing nice and beautiful already :flowers: and I just can add that she's just perfect!

Last year the CP Couple visited the German Minority in Denmark, they were in Aabenraa/Apenrade. This year they visited the Danish Minority in Germany, they were in Flensburg/Flensborg. Both visits were made on the invitation of the minorities. So, unless they are invited every year this is not going to be an annual event.

Thank you, Ricarda. I got confused, and thought that it was the Danish Minority last year. I wonder if they will continue to do this visit, by alternating the groups each year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom