Crown Prince Couple's Prize 2005-2012, 2014-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This years Crown Princely Culture Price 2015 will be awarded Saturday, Oct. 3 pm. 20:00. The awards ceremony takes place this year at the Culture Yard in Elsinore and live broadcast on DR1.
Kronprinsparrets Priser 2015 - Kongehuset

Kronprinsparret flytter prisuddeling til Helsingør | billedbladet.dk
"Previously, prizes have been awarded in Soenderborg, Sidney and Aalborg and in several places in Copenhagen.
The royal couple themselves, who selects the recipient, but it is two committees set up by Bikubefonden which select candidates.
Royal Couple Culture Prize was instituted by Bikubenfonden in 2004 as a wedding gift to the royal couple."

Tomorrow night Frederik and Mary will hand out The Crown Prince Couple's Prices 2015 live on DR1. This morning, Denmark's morning tv-program "Good'morning Denmark" showed a longer feature with one of this year's coming reciever of the Crown Prince Couple's 'Stardust Award". The two Stardust Prizes are always revealed a few weeks before the actual show. Frederik and Mary's two major awards The Culture Prize and the Social Prize are always first revealed by Frederik and Mary during the actual live award ceremony tomorrow night.

That "Good'morning Denmark" (even a competitor to DR) choose to send a longer feature tell something about how prestigious The Crown Prince Couple's prices are.

DR has the last week put up countless warm-up articles for the big award ceremoni tomorrow night. One of them is this one: How the Crown Prince Couple choose the recipients of their four awards:

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/kultur/grafik-saadan-tildeler-kronprinsparret-deres-priser-0

Two advisory committees make suggestions. The suggestions from the two committees will together with the Crown Prince Couple's own suggestions all be carefully evaluated, whereafter it is F&M themselves who make the decisions and choose the individuals or organizations who will recieve their four awards.

It is on DR, so maybe you can watch via live.tv on DR.dk/live.

Last edited:
In honor of the Crown Prince Couple's Prizes live on DR1 tonight, dr.dk has posted a lot of articles to look back at the previous year's awards ceremonies.

Can you remember the quite glorious episode where Mary in Sydney during her English speech suddenly switches over to Danish?

"I just switched over to Danish, oh..." she laughed - to great cheers from the audience in the hall of the Sydney Opera House from where the ceremony was held in 2013.

With charm Mary saved it with a "It is the first year outside of Denmark, so..." :p

You can watch the clip here: VIDEO Kan du huske Marys sprog-ups’er? | Kultur | DR

Live-blog and live-tv from dr.dk:

(From 19.00-22.50)

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/live/live-kronprinsparrets-priser

Don't now if you can watch it outside of Denmark, though.

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 156
Last edited by a moderator:
I find it touching that the these prizes are handed out around October, although the foundation was founded at the wedding in May 2004. I wonder if the CPC themselves have chosen this time of year and if yes, then it could have something to do with their engagement :wub:

CP Frederik did nok look pleased while Raveonettes were playing :ermm:

I loved that clip ..... Brilliant �� princess Mary is one cool lady

Last edited:
Mary looks riveting (as per usual).

The Social Prize is awarded to Mind Your Own Business, the Danish Refugee Council's micro-enterprise program for ethnic minority boys.

CP Frederik did nok look pleased while Raveonettes were playing :ermm:

His voice also sounds a bit rough.

The beautiful Mary (and dapper Frederik) when awarding the Social Prize:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 20.08.31.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-03 at 20.08.31.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 227
The Crown Prince Couple's Culture Prize is awarded to stage director, Elisa Kragerup.

And another picture of beautiful Mary (and that brooch!):

Attachments

• 05efe562-85d2-4838-a3d3-073aab1b3982.jpg
    05efe562-85d2-4838-a3d3-073aab1b3982.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 159
The Crown Prince Couple's Culture Prize is awarded to stage director, Elisa Kragerup.

And another picture of beautiful Mary (and that brooch!):

It looks like the brooch from the ruby parure? She used it as a stomacher on the newest official portraits :flowers:

:previous: You're right, that is her Ruby Parure brooch. I hadn't even noticed. You can't help but loving how versatile that parure is and how many ways in which she use it :D

Yes, so perhaps he´s having a cold :sad:

He doesn't look like he's feeling too well, that's for sure.

Last edited:
:previous: You're right, that is her Ruby Parure brooch. I hadn't even noticed. You can't help but loving how versatile that parure is and how many ways in which she uses it :D
She´s a creative girl in a good way that is :flowers:

He doesn't look like he's feeling too well, that's for sure.
And he doesn´t sound good either. I guess this shows how much they are involved in and care for these awards. That even though he ought to be at home resting (at least his voice) then he shows up. That´s a sportsman!!!

The beautiful Mary (and dapper Frederik) when awarding the Social Prize:

A very good looking couple.
I'm glad Frederik did not cancel even if he wasn't feeling too well. Didn't see the show but he looks as handsome as ever.

Pictures from the reception
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...e15/12105246_1646813528909423_523086833_n.jpg
https://scontent.cdninstagram.com/h...15/12132972_1660642807556092_1011432986_n.jpg

looks like Frederik had Mary's clutch at his table

As always any translation would be greatly appreciated :flowers::flowers:

You can tell these awards are close to their heart. Great event

And another picture of beautiful Mary (and that brooch!)
It looks like the brooch from the ruby parure? She used it as a stomacher on the newest official portraits :flowers:
:previous: You're right, that is her Ruby Parure brooch. I hadn't even noticed. You can't help but loving how versatile that parure is and how many ways in which she use it :D
Isn´t it the top of the earrings from the ruby parure too?:ermm:

:previous: It's a bit sparse with HQ close-ups (damn, BT), but I believe it is. How lovely with a surprise appearance from several parts of the Ruby Parure tonight :D

To the members who couldn't watch the show I have taken some screenshots of the CP-Couple during the awards ceremony :flowers:

(..)

Attachments

• 0.jpg
    0.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 147
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 151
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 149
  • 4a.jpg
    4a.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 128
  • 4b.jpg
    4b.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 131
  • 4c.jpg
    4c.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 137
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 154
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 140
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 176
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 159
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 140
  • 8a.jpg
    8a.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 140
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 126
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 115
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 138
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 126
  • 20a.jpg
    20a.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 122
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 126
Thanks so much for these fabulous screenshots, Roskilde!:flowers:

I love the ones taken from the video shown at the show, of M&F walking. Was it mentioned where the video was shot? It doesn't look anywhere familiar to me.

I've been watching a lot of Danish TV shows lately (several are being shown on Netflix Canada), so I was really happy to see TV actors
Ellen Hillingsø and[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]Sofie Gråbøl there!

Congratulations to Soren Hedegaard on doing a wonderful job once again with Marys hair looking so elegant. She looked lovely as always. Brooch, Earrings and Bracelet all from the ruby set. It is lovely to see it being used. And Fred looked handsome too. They make such a lovely couple.

I am beginning to think Hans Christian Anderson sprinkled some fairy dust over these two at the wedding.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reports. :flowers:

Very idyllic screenshots from Kastellet. (Copenhagen fortress, located about a KM north of Amalienborg. Mary has been seen jogging there).

CORRECTION: After having seen a video, it's clear it's not Kastellet, but Kronborg.

Was the show worth watching?

A BB gallery of the dresses used by Mary at these events: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...mary-deler-priser-ud-i-skoenne-kjoler#slide-0

Last edited:
A very dark and dramatic look for Mary, but she can take it at this age I guess. Better than this 'Avril Lavigne' dark look anyway :whistling: : Mary from the start: Princess Benedikte's 60th birthday

Can someone tell me more about the theatre director who won the big award? What kind of plays does she write?

I saw Helle & Otto Reedtz-Thott amid the guests. Are they there on a personal invitation - as friends of the crown prince couple or do they have a link with the cultural scene in DK?

Thanks so much for these fabulous screenshots, Roskilde! :flowers:

I love the ones taken from the video shown at the show, of M&F walking. Was it mentioned where the video was shot? It doesn't look anywhere familiar to me.

Congratulations to Soren Hedegaard on doing a wonderful job once again with Marys hair looking so elegant. She looked lovely as always. Brooch, Earrings and Bracelet all from the ruby set. It is lovely to see it being used. And Fred looked handsome too. They make such a lovely couple.

I am beginning to think Hans Christian Anderson sprinkled some fairy dust over these two at the wedding.

You're welcome :flowers:

A larger gallery from sn.dk - including pictures of the awards winners with F&M:
sn.dk

And Squidgy; The place Frederik and Mary are seen walking are near Kronbrog in Elsinore - outside the Culture Yard, where the ceremony took place. Very beautiful place.

DR has published a clip which wasn't shown in last night.
F&M telling about which theater play there for them has been one of the biggest experience. And it was when they saw Hamlet at Kronborg.

As Mary and Frederik said in the end op the clip: "The Holy Grail" - and then they laughing at bit of themselves :D

https://www.facebook.com/dr1/videos/vb.273409062862504/429171397286269/?type=2&theater

ADDED:

Kongehuset.dk has changed their frontpage to Frederik and Mary and their Awards Ceremony:
http://kongehuset.dk/

:previous:

Roskilde, thanks a lot for many screenshots and the links. Mary and Frederik always enjoy the shows, so happy. I like how they now always seem to add a little extra like the section of them walking .
Love Mary's dress and as other have mentioned the ruby jewellery- beautiful.

"So this happened... Velvetvolume to the Crown Prince Couple Prices 2015 - Crown Prince Frederik himself came over to the band and said thank you for an fantastic concert!"
https://instagram.com/p/8a4ObmJXch/

Frederik and Mary strolled around near Kronborg while telling about their prizes in small clips during the show:
https://instagram.com/p/8a7CrKqhOQ/

One more article with picture from BB:
Picture of F&M with the awards winners.
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kronprinsparret-festede-med-prisvinderne

Last edited:
Roskilde, thanks a lot for many screenshots and the links. Mary and Frederik always enjoy the shows, so happy. I like how they now always seem to add a little extra like the section of them walking .
Love Mary's dress and as other have mentioned the ruby jewellery- beautiful.

I am so in AWE of the Crown Princess' mastery of Danish...such a difficult language to speak. The 'holy Grail' reference at the end is of course mystifying, although perfectly understandable to an English speaker...please, Danish speakers, to what was she referring?:flowers:

And Squidgy; The place Frederik and Mary are seen walking are near Kronbrog in Elsinore - outside the Culture Yard, where the ceremony took place. Very beautiful place.

Thank you Roskilde (and Mulher).:flowers: I "googled" it and it does look like a beautiful area. I'll put it on my list of places to go should I ever be lucky enough to visit Denmark!

They were talking about enjoying to watch a play at theaters and analyzing it and working out what was reason behind what was going on. - Finding the holy grail, so to speak. - Then they looked at each other and laughingly realized that okay, that was perhaps a bit too far out.
I understood it in that way that it was the actors who found "The Holy Grail" by playing "Hamlet" at Kronborg Castle - perhaps I misunderstood it :p

I understood it in that way that it was the actors who found "The Holy Grail" by playing "Hamlet" at Kronborg Castle - perhaps I misunderstood it :p

You are right, FasterB - I can play the clip again now. :)

M&F talked about the enthusiasm of British actors being able to play Hamlet at Kronborg, the very spot Shakespeare imagined the play. It's something very special. To feel the atmosphere, the Danish culture, the mood over the place. - Like the holy grail, Mary interjected, after which they both looked at each other. Okay, perhaps that comparison was a bit far out.
They have apparently seen Jude Law play Hamlet.

Mary also initially talked passionately about enjoying to go seeing a play at a theater, being provoked and made to think about what went on, to analyze the underlying layers in the play.

- Something women delight in doing, while we their husbands stand resting on our knuckles grunting in agreement, because apparently we didn't get half of what went on... :ermm:
And if that's what the actors really meant, why in the name of the holy teacup didn't they just say so?!? :frazzled:

- The interesting bit about Hamlet and Shakespeare is that he no doubt placed the play at Kronborg, because it was a newly build, state of the art fortress at the time the play was written, and as such a name many English would have been familiar with but few would have actually seen.
However, had the good Shakespeare ever seen Copenhagen Castle that at the time was the official DRF residence, he would have become ecstatic! And he would without a moments hesitation have relocated the play there. Copenhagen Castle would have been every Hamlet actors wet dream come true!
The castle was hopelessly old fashioned, spooky, forbidding, draughty, infested with rats, with the wind howling around the spires and on top of that, apart from being used as a residence it also served as a dungeon. No doubt with entire processions of ghost walking the corridors at night!

Here is a model of the castle as it looked back in 1650: https://app.box.com/s/849sjjk2l0460l8y3xqz
Here is an even better view of the castle: http://s3-media4.fl.yelpcdn.com/bphoto/p0cr0eePXJvBD9NxW6q9tA/o.jpg
- Before it was finally torn down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom