The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 11-10-2015, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
the above videos have now been posted on the Kongehuset.dk website.
Rundtur på CocoáFair Chocolate Factory - Kongehuset
Besøg ved CocoáFair Chocolate Factory - Kongehuset
Besøg ved Tsitsikamma vindfarm - Kongehuset

a semi improvement by the DRF website
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 11-10-2015, 12:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 617
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
the above videos have now been posted on the Kongehuset.dk website.
Rundtur på CocoáFair Chocolate Factory - Kongehuset
Besøg ved CocoáFair Chocolate Factory - Kongehuset
Besøg ved Tsitsikamma vindfarm - Kongehuset

a semi improvement by the DRF website
After a slow start, I don't think the court did too bad this time
3 videos and 31 photos. I think it was a good move to have Christian Meyer, the designated photographer of the court, in South Africa.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 11-11-2015, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
Yes a bit of an improvement. happy to see

another Billed bladet article with a great video with an overview of the many events
VIDEO: Se kronprins Frederik lave flødeboller | BILLED-BLADET

a very happy Crown Prince
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 11-12-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
some pictures from newscom.
He seems very down to earth and approachable
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/5/E1447345877314572_2.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/5/E1447345877314572_3.jpg
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/5/E1447345877314572_1.jpg

handsome man
http://s02.imageupper.com/1/5/E1447345877314572_4.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 11-12-2015, 05:35 PM
Roskilde's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 3,591
Quite a little tribute to Frederik on Facebook today from Danish Femina:
https://www.facebook.com/feminaDK/?fref=ts

"We don't know many other Princes who travels to Nepal and drags relief materials to earthquake victims in the mountains. But our Crown Prince Frederik is doing exactly that - and we were with him as you can read in this week's FEMINA."

So far over 11,000 likes.

Translation of the most liked comment with 140+ likes so far:

"When one day our Queen says now my time as Queen is over and the Crown Prince for real takes over - "as someone says - leans back as King - we remember him no doubt for all the things he has done and been through !! He is so cool !!"

"I'm just mega proud of our popular Crown Prince Couple their with lovely harmonious children. The family seems to rest in itself. Glad to be a Dane and I wish our Crown Prince couple and children all the best in this world."

-----

The frontpage is entitled with Frederik proudly talking about his wife, so I think it's the same interview as BT and Billedbladet had a month ago. FEMINA often brings interviews some time later, for some reason.

Don't think anyone disagree with that. Lovely pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 11-13-2015, 01:26 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 8,772
Second part of the BB coverage.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2015.
Written by our man in South Africa, the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Frederik visited the first ecological chocolate factory in South Africa. Located in Cape Town it's owned by a Dane. And as a main part of the DRF's work is to promote Danish commerce, Frederik visited the factory.
Here he was to produce chocolate buns, a special Danish treat. And not at all fattening. - And if you believe that, then I've got a Mona Lisa painting for sale! (*)
The factory, CocoaFair Chocolate, has adopted the Danish model with having the farmers who produce the raw-material have a share in the factory. So the better the factory is doing with their raw-material, the more money the farmers earn. That's a model that has been extensively here in DK for some 150 years, mainly in dairy products. That improved quality of the final products and raised the income for the individual farmers. - The raw-materials in this case are ecological, which again is something the factory use to increase the sale of their products. And because the farmers have a direct financial interest in keeping their raw-materials as eco-friendly as possible it benefits the environment.

But back to Frederik. He was issued with an apron and a buns-spray (or whatever you call it in English) and started to squirt whipped cream on the biscuits. With considerable concentration he managed to create six buns.
Now it was time to dip them in chocolate and that is more difficult than it looks! Frederik managed to create six unique, very unique buns. That didn't prevent Frederik from asking: "You wanna buy them? It's for a good cause".
While there Frederik also sampled other products from the factory.

On the way out he was approached by four young women, who worked next door and who asked for a selfie. Frederik responded: "Okay, let's do it". It was four very pleased girls who afterwards served Frederik and a couple of others from the delegation at the coffee bar next door, where they work.
They didn't know much about Frederik let alone Denmark beforehand, but I guess they do now.

Frederik was very much praised for his role as head of the delegation.
The Minister for Growth and Commerce, Troels Lund Poulsen said: "The Crown Prince creates a good atmosphere wherever he goes and he opens the doors for our businessmen. Crown Prince Frederik simply makes a big difference in such a (commercial) offensive".

Thor Thorøe, owner of the chocolate factory said: "We are all deeply grateful for what the Crown Prince is doing. It's stamp of approval of our effort. He really opens doors for us here in South Africa. And then the Crown Prince is just such a fantastic personality. I think he makes a difference that can be read on our excel-papers in our accountant-department within the next year".

Another owner of a factory, Jens Dybdahl from DACS Ventilation said: "He give all of us a moral boost with his presence".

Frederik commented on the praise: "I'm sure glad to hear that, because that's one of the reasons why I went here. It has made a big impression on me to experience the enthusiasm of the danish businessmen in connection with the offensive.
We came here with some expectations about creating relations to South African trading partners and it's been good to see how many from South Africa who have taken part in conferences and meetings.
More contacts have been made and the businesses have met many new costumers and potential costumers. It's turned out better than they thought I've been told. Many of the Danish businessmen are as a result of that going back to South Africa in a couple of weeks to talk business and solutions on eg. energy, water and foodstuff.
To me it's always exciting to take part in these offensives. I learn something new each time - and learn a lot especially from speaking with the many businessmen about the areas they in particular focus on.
The experience I have gained over the years benefit me well on a commerce-trip as this to South Africa".

- That is one of the "boring" "suit-events" that get so little coverage in the press. - Unfortunately.

(*) Chocolate buns. They consist of whipped cream placed on a kind of biscuit, covered in chocolate. There are many variations, but this is the basic: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...haumkuss-1.jpg
And here are a sample of variants: http://blogs.cornell.edu/cualnl9hrz5...87-163l5hd.jpg
Of course you can make your own: http://bloggersdelight-dk.bloggersde.../10/image2.jpg
Now, in my childhood, in the later stone-age, before the world became politically correct, they were commonly called negerkys = negro-kiss.
Now, before you lift your arms in horror, to my generation and certainly those older than me, negro is not derogatory. Calling someone black however, feels more derogatory in my ears. It's changing 180 degrees with the younger generation.
Just so you know, should you hear a European saying negro. It might very well be a generation thing.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-13-2015, 02:39 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 5,733
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Frederik was very much praised for his role as head of the delegation.
The Minister for Growth and Commerce, Troels Lund Poulsen said: "The Crown Prince creates a good atmosphere wherever he goes and he opens the doors for our businessmen. Crown Prince Frederik simply makes a big difference in such a (commercial) offensive".

Thor Thorøe, owner of the chocolate factory said: "We are all deeply grateful for what the Crown Prince is doing. It's stamp of approval of our effort. He really opens doors for us here in South Africa. And then the Crown Prince is just such a fantastic personality. I think he makes a difference that can be read on our excel-papers in our accountant-department within the next year".

Another owner of a factory, Jens Dybdahl from DACS Ventilation said: "He give all of us a moral boost with his presence".

Frederik commented on the praise: "I'm sure glad to hear that, because that's one of the reasons why I went here. It has made a big impression on me to experience the enthusiasm of the danish businessmen in connection with the offensive.
We came here with some expectations about creating relations to South African trading partners and it's been good to see how many from South Africa who have taken part in conferences and meetings.
More contacts have been made and the businesses have met many new costumers and potential costumers. It's turned out better than they thought I've been told. Many of the Danish businessmen are as a result of that going back to South Africa in a couple of weeks to talk business and solutions on eg. energy, water and foodstuff.
To me it's always exciting to take part in these offensives. I learn something new each time - and learn a lot especially from speaking with the many businessmen about the areas they in particular focus on.
The experience I have gained over the years benefit me well on a commerce-trip as this to South Africa".
thank you so much Mulher
this is so wonderful to read! Frederik and a royal visit simply put focus on Danish business and their expertise. It opens doors. He creates a great atmosphere

Like the diplomat said "this (Frederik's visit) is where it pays off to have a royal family"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-14-2015, 04:58 AM
Roskilde's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Roskilde, Denmark
Posts: 3,591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
Quite a little tribute to Frederik on Facebook today from Danish Femina:
https://www.facebook.com/feminaDK/?fref=ts

"We don't know many other Princes who travels to Nepal and drags relief materials to earthquake victims in the mountains. But our Crown Prince Frederik is doing exactly that - and we were with him as you can read in this week's FEMINA."

So far over 11,000 likes.

Translation of the most liked comment with 140+ likes so far:

"When one day our Queen says now my time as Queen is over and the Crown Prince for real takes over - "as someone says - leans back as King - we remember him no doubt for all the things he has done and been through !! He is so cool !!"

"I'm just mega proud of our popular Crown Prince Couple their with lovely harmonious children. The family seems to rest in itself. Glad to be a Dane and I wish our Crown Prince couple and children all the best in this world."

-----

The frontpage is entitled with Frederik proudly talking about his wife, so I think it's the same interview as BT and Billedbladet had a month ago. FEMINA often brings interviews some time later, for some reason.

And so far almost 30,000 likes

https://www.facebook.com/feminaDK/ph...type=3&theater
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Mary's Visit to South Africa: November 2-5, 2014 dazzling Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 39 11-15-2014 10:59 AM
State Visit from South Africa - August 31st-September 1st, 2011 iceflower Royal House of Norway 23 09-04-2011 04:30 AM
State Visit to South Africa - November 2009 Her_Majesty Royal House of Norway 15 12-04-2009 12:03 PM
Working visit to South Africa: April 2006 Adamari King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 13 04-05-2006 09:10 AM
Princess Alexandra in South Africa: November 17-23, 2005 fanletizia Royal House of Denmark 20 12-09-2005 10:03 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit september 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events diana duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander lists member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen mathildes style queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark stewart succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats visit to canada


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises