Crown Prince Frederik's Old Girlfriends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think many of his girlfriends

have a similiar look. Most were prettier than Mary but maybe she was more discreet and that was an important quality. How important are looks really?

lori said:
What a pity, Fred is not marrying Katja, she's the pretty one, Mary is not even close even in her engagement day.
Well that would have to mean that Fred is shallow and marries for looks but thankfully he didn't only for looks although i do consider Mary very pretty ^__^

I am just happy that he did not marryed Maria Montell and Katja Storckholm. They was never the best material for the role as the the next queen of Denmark.

I think that Mary is the best looking of his girlfriends. She is much more regal and beautiful. Some of them, like Maria Montell, was more "cute".

Besides, I don't think that looks alone would make a man cry like Frederik did at the altar. I think there's something about Mary, that some people can't see...

i think mary is best suited to be queen of denmark one day. she has poise and will continue to develop that further over the years.

Is Katja Storckholm Swedish

H.M. Margrethe said:
Well i likede katja and what is her name he met her in Paris France

Thank you for your replay

this thread was not intended as to see who is better or worse then Mary but just to see who he dated before he got married and I asked if any of them was liked in the press and who was not liked in the press

Last edited by a moderator:
I like your quot very much. True, one must be good in act as in talk.

Just C said:
Which one was the Paris one? Malou?
NO, the girl Frederik met in Paris was called Betina (I don't remember her lastname), she was his last girlfriend before meeting Mary. I don't think their are any photos of her in this thread?:confused:

Why do people have to compare people all the time, i know its a natural thing to do but it hurts peoples feelings. Be happy that Denmark will have a respectable future Queen regardless of who is prettier. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it. Sorry to seem rude but imagine how Mary feels or anyone else feels when they get compared all the time regarding their looks.

and although it might seem corny, your most attractive features are your heart and soul

There is nothing wrong with saying that perhaps Katja was more pretty, why is that so bad? there will always be people more ot less beautiful than Mary. Thoes people who were compared to Mary, Mary were also compared to them, how do you think they feel. Mary is a pretty enough girl, and to one man she is the most pretty out of all of them.

Yennie said:
Yes, she is

NO she is NOT, she is from Aarhus in Denmark.
The problem with all these girls were that they are Danish

krone1 said:
Mary is Fred's wife, end of story. But that said, why would being Danish be a problem?

krone1 said:
She had swedish relatives then? Or living in Sweden? I remember reading something like that... but, after all, its 10 years ago so perhaps I got things mixed up :)

Nothing "wrong" with beeing Danish I am too. But for Frederik to have had a Danish wife never thought that could have been an option, it would never have had the same inpact, they could never have "hyped" a girl from Aarhus or Vejle up as much as some one from farway, too much past i think they call it.
I do not know if Katja had some swedish relatives, sorry.

The photos of Frederick's other girlfriends are nice, however, I don't see Fred "smiling" the way he always did when he was around Mary ... and, since the wedding, that's practically all I've noticed ~ a big smile on Fred's face! I think he picked the girl he really loved.

i was not royal watching during the time frederik dated these women
but Mary seems to be the one he have been showing off more before their official engagement

In my opinion, Katja was the most beautiful girlfriend of Fred.

#1 - Mie Petersen

#2 - Maria Montell

#3 - Katja Nielsen

Attachments

• mie_petersen.jpg
    mie_petersen.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 876
  • montell.jpg
    montell.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,948
  • katja.jpg
    katja.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,729
Are you sure this is Katja???

He also dated Celina Middelfart during the summer of 1993, and Mona Voll Håland (another model) some time later.

thats a funny name!!!

hehe, yes, but i guess it doesnt really mean anything in Danish...

seems like he was always attracted to blondes...until he met mary

Julia said:
Thought I'd post some pics of Fred from his younger days with old flames. First is Fred and Katja. Top pic is of Frederik sitting next to Alexandra at a state dinner (it's just cute, so I thought I'd post it)
No one could blame him for having a bad taste :)

Yeah, he has good taste. Katja Storckholm was very gorgeous, but Mary is the best imo. :)

Mary is refined, and I find her as pretty as the other ones. The fact is, she is Queen material...maybe the others weren't.

Australian said:
Why do people have to compare people all the time, i know its a natural thing to do but it hurts peoples feelings. Be happy that Denmark will have a respectable future Queen regardless of who is prettier. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say it. Sorry to seem rude but imagine how Mary feels or anyone else feels when they get compared all the time regarding their looks.

You're right, Australian. Still I don't think she won't sleep at night regarding our posts here :lol:

Back
Top Bottom