Crown Prince Frederik's Old Girlfriends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think all the mistress stuff is a result of a man having to marry a woman he doesn't love. In the past, men like Charles married suitable girls like Diana, who they really didn't have any feelings for, and then took the woman they were truly interested in as a mistress. Frederik (and most CPs) today, however, married the woman they loved, the woman who would have been "mistress material" 50-100 years ago, so I don't think we'll see very many affairs.

If I remember correctly the affair was going on in spite of the paparazzi - some say from day 1. Even Di was able to carry on an affair for a while before being sprung.:flowers:

Anyway it was all just a thought. Perhaps now they are marrying for love instead of being forced to marry someone suitable, the mistress thing will go away.
Good point!:flowers: But that was over one to two decades ago! The media today is a lot more intrusive! We now live in the age of the internet and cell phone cameras! News, gossip and rumour spread like wild fire now! Not as easy to hide!

Good point!:flowers: But that was over one to two decades ago! The media today is a lot more intrusive! We now live in the age of the internet and cell phone cameras! News, gossip and rumour spread like wild fire now! Not as easy to hide!

Yes, we saw recently the story of Crown Prince Frederik, while sailing in Sydney, socializinag whit Kylie Matthews.
This story made covers of danish and australian news...
And, at the end (so they say) Kylie Mattews is a good friend of Crown Princess Mary.

So it would be difficult to someone, no matters if it he is a crown prince Frederik or if she is a crown princess Mary to have an extra-marriage affair...

:ermm: :previous: Don't royal men often keep mistresses? I'm going by what I know of the British monarchy here...isn't Prince Charles married to a former mistress? Why would European royalty be different?

He is married to his former mistress Camilla Parker Bowles. :)
However times are different now, the press are more instrusive and the men marry for the right reasons. :flowers:

He is married to his former mistress Camilla Parker Bowles. :)
However times are different now, the press are more instrusive and the men marry for the right reasons. :flowers:

Indeed, times are differente now, but they can keep/have mistress's cant they?

How long if anyone knows, were Frederiks relationships these girls? :)

They can keep mistresses, but I doubt they do.

Any husband can have a mistress! But its not something that European crown princes can hide with the kind of media, internet, papparazi and snoopy people that exist today. Just look at Tiger Woods!

I do agree it is harder to hide affairs in today's media intrusive society. But, it can be done, Tiger Woods did it. I think public figures, celebrities etc. can still hide the mistresses/girlfriends to a certain extent. For example, in the case of Tiger Woods, he hid it successfully for several years, two kids, and until recently no one had any idea the number of mistresses, prostitutes he'd had. Also, marrying for love, apparently doesn't have anything to with it anymore. It doesn't matter if you are married, have kids etc, anyone's capable of having an affair.

Here in the US, practically every week, we have a senator, representative, or other public figure come out with a public apology for his "bad" behavior. Its laughable, if it weren't so sad.

I do agree it is harder to hide affairs in today's media intrusive society. But, it can be done, Tiger Woods did it. I think public figures, celebrities etc. can still hide the mistresses/girlfriends to a certain extent. For example, in the case of Tiger Woods, he hid it successfully for several years, two kids, and until recently no one had any idea the number of mistresses, prostitutes he'd had. Also, marrying for love, apparently doesn't have anything to with it anymore. It doesn't matter if you are married, have kids etc, anyone's capable of having an affair.

Here in the US, practically every week, we have a senator, representative, or other public figure come out with a public apology for his "bad" behavior. Its laughable, if it weren't so sad.
So did Prince Charles & Princess Diana. Yes they can do it...but they were all eventually found out!!!

Gone are the days when wifes excepted the fact that there husband needed a mistress.

The late Sir James Goldsmith, on marrying his mistress, Lady Annabel Birley, declared, "When you marry your mistress, you create a job vacancy". :)

So did Prince Charles & Princess Diana. Yes they can do it...but they were all eventually found out!!!

I was saying the same thing. But, the fact that they will eventually be found out doesn't necessarily deter them from having a mistress, if they so desire they'll have one. I don't feel that they will not have a mistress just because they are covered in media extensively. I have seen too many examples proving otherwise.

True. Like everyone else, they will deal and live with the consequences of their actions.

Gosh, the women(both) wanted to tear each other's eyes out, but had to smile and kiss for appearances sake...

Somehow I doubt that. Mary doesn't seem the one to hold a grudge, why should she. And Maria was hardly a Katja, I think she wasn't that serious with the prince. :)

Gosh, the women(both) wanted to tear each other's eyes out, but had to smile and kiss for appearances sake...
No offence, but I seriously doubt any of the two wanted that :) Maria Montell seems very satisfied with her present life with her film director husband and two small children.

No offence, but I seriously doubt any of the two wanted that :) Maria Montell seems very satisfied with her present life with her film director husband and two small children.
I was trying to be sarcastic, yet seriously, I think there is always a sensitivity when you meet your husband's ex

:previous: Well, he's allowed since it's his wife. ;)

:previous:
my comment was sarcastic.
To say that frederik could pass it off as a mistake but it was what he really intended, hence the wink. :)

as for me, even if mary is not as beautiful as the exes...the important thing is she is a good support for the crown prince...i remember reading in a thread about queen ingrid and how completely opposites they are with the king but she was his rock and mary was compared to her..that she has helped frederick to be become more grounded

Did the couple part amicably? If there was no bitterness there, what would anyone hold a grudge? The Prince's ex-girlfriend is married and has two kids. She's moved on apparently. I must admit though it is a bit of awkwardness when an ex-partner shows up with their wife. Then you move on.

I don't see Mary holding a grudge against Maria, no reason too.
Mary married Frederik and Maria never did.

Mary was 31 and the Prince 36 when they married. They both knew about life and its every part before settling down together. I think Mary can handle Fred's exes as well as he can handle hers ;) At the end of the day those people might have helped them to choose each other, don't you think?
BTW I think that those ladies are all beautiful, but Fred has a very good taste indeed, otherwise he would have not married the most beautiful of them all.

Did the couple part amicably? If there was no bitterness there, what would anyone hold a grudge? The Prince's ex-girlfriend is married and has two kids. She's moved on apparently. I must admit though it is a bit of awkwardness when an ex-partner shows up with their wife. Then you move on.
I believe it was amicably; they act as if it was. Maria Montell is by the way pregnant right now with her third child. From interviews and pictures she looks like someone who is very content with her life.:)

Just a curiosity, on the last picture of SE og Hor old flames gallery, one of the ladies in swimsuit is crown princess Mary lady in waiting Caroline Herring with her husband (at the time boyfriend).

www.ibl.se

1. Katja
2. Birgitte Vollerslev-Hansen
3. Katja Storkholm
4. Madeleine Bonde
5. Marie-Louise Aamund
6. Mary van Schuyler-Raiser
7. Mary van Schuyler-Raiser
8. Maria Montell
9. Katja Storkholm
10. Nina Klinker-Jörgensen

So many girlfriends... I think the one i liked more was Katja.

Back
Top Bottom