Crown Prince Frederik's Old Girlfriends

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fred Seems To Have Been Quite A Ladies Man!

Oh, c'mon. CPF was dating Mary the end of 2000 and the beginning of 2000? Didn't we read where initially they were only friends writing to each other? Another scenario could be that he was letting Bettina down gently by not severing the relationship over the holidays.

Sorry for the typo; that's mmeant to be the beginning of 2001

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, c'mon. CPF was dating Mary the end of 2000 and the beginning of 2000? Didn't we read where initially they were only friends writing to each other? Another scenario could be that he was letting Bettina down gently by not severing the relationship over the holidays.

I was going to post something similar. IF that is true (waiting for the source) then it's quite possible that Fred and Mary were in that freindship stage where you meet someone and you just like each other's company. And let's not forget that Mary lived half a world away! So I doubt she was the other woman in the traditional sense of the word. IF her was dating Bettina in 2001, he and Mary were probably not established as a romantic couple. JMO.

I think Mary is much more better looking with him, than all his other ex's.

Fred and Mary met in Sept 2000. He was in Aus late Oct and went home hurriedly because of the declining health of his grandmother and subsequent death. Mary didn't hear from Fred for a couple of months after that. Also they were corresponding with each so it could be he was still seeing Bettina at the time of meeting Mary. It would have been a whole new ball game if he was seeing Bettina once he and Mary became serious and realised that the relationship would possibly lead to something serious. It happens to couples all over the world, they are going out with someone and at the same time meet their soulmate who is someone else.

Stellad

LOL!

What's the fuss? I don't have problems if Bettina announced the split officially in March 2001. This is what I've gathered too and also that Bettina has met her current husband in December 2000.

Frederik and Bettina may have spent some time in Trent after Frederik met Mary. And yes it's even possible Frederik and Bettina still had a sexual relationship. Though if you didn't have your nose under Frederiks bedsheets at this time you just can't be sure.

After all Frederik could have told Bettina at Trent that it's really over and that there is no way back, away from the curious eyes of the public. To me if a royal man is a gentleman he will leave it to his former girlfriend to announce the split. Some people and not only woman need a rather rough wake up call that it's over.

Regardless of Frederiks relationship with Mary I'm convinced that the thing between him and Bettina had reached it's end when Bettina was silly enough to remove her bikini top in public. It's beyond me how an educated intelligent woman could act so incredible stupid. I'm not surprised that Bettina needed a scapegoat to admit it to herself and the public that it's over.

Regardless of Frederiks relationship with Mary I'm convinced that the thing between him and Bettina had reached it's end when Bettina was silly enough to remove her bikini top in public. It's beyond me how an educated intelligent woman could act so incredible stupid. I'm not surprised that Bettina needed a scapegoat to admit it to herself and the public that it's over.

Going topless in Denmark and other parts of Europe is considered normal, so while it probably wasn't the smartest thing to do I wouldn't call it "incredible stupid." That was probably something she was used to doing. Didn't she and Frederik remain a couple for months after that? I don't think Bettina had any scapegoats....the relationship just reached its end, that's all.

Fred and Mary met in Sept 2000. He was in Aus late Oct and went home hurriedly because of the declining health of his grandmother and subsequent death. Mary didn't hear from Fred for a couple of months after that. Also they were corresponding with each so it could be he was still seeing Bettina at the time of meeting Mary. It would have been a whole new ball game if he was seeing Bettina once he and Mary became serious and realised that the relationship would possibly lead to something serious. It happens to couples all over the world, they are going out with someone and at the same time meet their soulmate who is someone else.

Stellad

OK, that gives a little more info on the timeline. I didn't know he has stopped speaking with Mary during that time. He was probably grieving but realized he had a spark with Mary and decided to pursue her when he came out of it. Maybe Bettina wasn't there for him in the way he needed and Mary was?

Yes he did. He and Bettina apparently spent New Year's together and were seen in January 2001, I think at Trend.

So yes, there was a very clear overlap, when it would seem he cheated on Bettina with Mary.
We know when Mary and Frederik met, we know - because they said it - that their relationship developed gradually and we know that Bettina told the press about the breakup in March 2001 (which does not necessarily mean the breakup itself was in March). And that's all.

We don't know when the relationship between Mary and Frederik became more than friendship and when the relationship with Bettina ended and whether there was a "very clear overlap" or not and who broke up with whom and for what reason (e.g. Bettina met her later husband in Dec 2000).

i wil;l agree withthat as well , we just do not no.
billie-jo

Fred has also commented that Mary helped him through the loss of Queen Ingrid. She knew how he felt because she lost her mother. She even sent him a book on greiving that was helpfull to her.

Thanks, Little Star, but I have one question: Do you have any valid reference/source to support this claim?

I do remember reading, if my memory serves me correctly, that Frederik broke up Bettina sometime in late 2000 early 2001, but unfortunately I do not have the original source either.
Unfortunately not, the original articles were at another board, which has since closed. I did try and Google the article but it, rather unsurpisingly, is no longer available.

I remember it well because there was also an article posted of Fred staying over at Mary's during the Olympics....

Articles are articles and by no means valid sources (especially when it comes to the intimate details of a relationship) - whether they are still available or not.

Last edited:
Unfortunately not, the original articles were at another board, which has since closed. I did try and Google the article but it, rather unsurpisingly, is no longer available.

I remember it well because there was also an article posted of Fred staying over at Mary's during the Olympics....

Thanks again, Little Star. I know which place you are talking about as well that had the article. I'll see if I can find the source using MetaCrawler (a bigger international search engine) instead.

are mary and fredrik close to any of the girls today, i think many of the has married and started their oen family

I just thought of Fred and his old flames over the weekend. Wasn't it Maria Montell who announced the Danish votes at the Eurovision Song Contest? I have not seen any pics since they broke up but I believe it was her. She would have been unsuitable as future Danish Queen, really.

He dated a lot of blondes before Mary wich is very interesting! We all know Mary was cute, but not the beautiful CP she is today.

Mary on the night (when she met Fred):
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/marypics/slipinn2.jpg
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/9397/marybeforefk9.jpg

Mary just before Moving to Denmark:
http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/6289/popcorn1dp9.jpg

They must have had a very strong connection or maybe it was friendship at first sight that developed over time. Mary is quite different than the others.
my goodness, this second photo of Mary it isso shocking! how the princess school change her , incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
he really ws a ladiy's man, but who blame him? he was a prince, goodlooking, charming, millionaire, he probably had all the girls he wanted!!

there was discussion about split with Bettina, I'm pretty sure they did it not long after Fred and Mary first meeting! remember that in book Mary said she was improduced to Fred's friends in november-december 2000? :flowers:

he really ws a ladiy's man, but who blame him? he was a prince, goodlooking, charming, millionaire, he probably had all the girls he wanted!!
Yes, I agree, and isn't it wonderful that now Mary has all the advantaqe of his prior loving expertise. Practice is certainly the key.;)

I wonder if she lives in fear that one day somebody can still him from her? their life ceretenly it is very complicated, travel a lot and apart....and he is so handsome! who wouldn't like to have a romance with him?

I wonder if she lives in fear that one day somebody can still him from her? their life ceretenly it is very complicated, travel a lot and apart....and he is so handsome! who wouldn't like to have a romance with him?

Anyone can have that fear about their husband. Frederik yes is more active than most it helps that he is a prince. But I think there marriage is safe enough that she doesn't have a "fear" per say, they have been married for 5 years and they are pretty secure. There life is complicated but one that Frederik and Mary have become accustome to. They aren't apart that much, they travel a lot yes but the majority of the time they are together. :flowers:

After five years together I assume they have faith in each other. Correct me if I was wrong but Frederik lived a bachelor life, with several girls before Mary but he settled down with Mary. I doubt anyone could steal Frederik away from Mary.

With all these photographers/paparazzi following him all over the world,I don't think he will dare to do something stupid.Mary will know in a second...he he

Frederik is beyond in love with Mary so I doubt that any woman can take her place.

I agree. Frederik seems in love with Mary and probably knows how lucky he is to have found her after looking all those years. :wub: I don't think he would ever jeoparadize that.

:ermm: :previous: Don't royal men often keep mistresses? I'm going by what I know of the British monarchy here...isn't Prince Charles married to a former mistress? Why would European royalty be different?

With the kind of media that exists today (paparazzi etc)...it would be hard for a European CP to keep a mistress!!!:lol:

If I remember correctly the affair was going on in spite of the paparazzi - some say from day 1. Even Di was able to carry on an affair for a while before being sprung.:flowers:

Anyway it was all just a thought. Perhaps now they are marrying for love instead of being forced to marry someone suitable, the mistress thing will go away.

Back
Top Bottom