Crown Prince Frederik's 50th Birthday Celebrations: May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to the calendar of the Swedish royal court
King Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia, crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend at Crown Prince Frederik's 50th birthday celebration on Saturday 26th May.
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus

So, this will be a really high profile affair with Kings of the older generation attending ...
Let's see if Frederik's age group will be around like Felipe or WA who are Kings already.

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kaempekor-synger-loebende-frederik-du-kan-vaere-med
Now, does any of you carry a good tone?
Because when Frederik is to run in Copenhagen, a large choir of volunteers will sing him along.
It is hoped that more than 1.000 will join the somewhat unusual cheerleaders.
:shock::argh: ____ :lol::lol: :lol::lol::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::w00t::w00t::w00t:_____ :blink::ermm:
I imagine that depending of the talent of those singing, it might very well induce the runners to run even faster...

You must be sooo disappointed Muhler - I do feel for you..... ;):lol:

I'm devastated. :sad:
I have even purchased a spandex running outfit, being a sprinter you know.
I could have driven to one of the runs, but parking will be a nightmare, so...
Then I thought about going by bus to the nearest running event, but Mrs. Muhler has expressively forbidden me to go by bus in my running gear, lest women should take advantage of me.
So now there is only TV left. But I'll be there in spirit while enjoying a beer or two. :cheers:

Last edited:
Hahaha :lol: Right you are, Muhler. Enjoy your pint!

Nice one Muhler ;). There will be great TV coverage during the royal run
Tæt på folkefesten for kronprins Frederik: Om TV 2

"- 29 percent of the participants in Royal Run's One mile are new runners, and so the initiative has led many people to run. 'Royal Run' has achieved a formidable backing with the Danes, and it will also be reflected in TV 2's coverage." :flowers:

:previous: 12 hours of non-stop coverage from TV2 alone?!? - Just as I thought, the networks will go crazy!
I will be in no way surprised if a reporter with madness in his eyes, shows up at my doorstep to ask about my opinion. Even though we are pretty far from anything resembling a royal run...

Last edited:
:previous: 12 hours of non-stop coverage from TV2 alone?!? - Just as I thought, the networks will go crazy!
I will be in no way surprised if a reporter with madness in his eyes, shows up at my doorstep to ask about my opinion. Even though we are pretty far from anything resembling a royal run...
If your lucky it'll be the lovely Ulla Terkelsen although you might be hoping for Natasja Crone [emoji57]

I'm devastated. :sad:
I have even purchased a spandex running outfit, being a sprinter you know.
I could have driven to one of the runs, but parking will be a nightmare, so...
Then I thought about going by bus to the nearest running event, but Mrs. Muhler has expressively forbidden me to go by bus in my running gear, lest women should take advantage of me.
So now there is only TV left. But I'll be there in spirit while enjoying a beer or two. :cheers:
I really have to stop reading your comments when I eat! I almost choked laughing at this one!! I do love your sense of humor Muhler!

:previous:;)

If your lucky it'll be the lovely Ulla Terkelsen although you might be hoping for Natasja Crone [emoji57]

Natasja Crone won't be bad! - I can always cut the sound...
Lotte Mejlhede would be nice too - because she's interesting and intelligent (she really is!) to listen to of course.
But the star DK royal reporter is Ulla Terkelsen. She's a journalist who actually know what she's talking about. Be it royalty or complicated foreign political issues.
I think it's almost certain she will cover the Harry-Meghan wedding, and seriously, I think she could do most British royal reporters justice! And do a better, a more entertaining and more informative job. Her loving, very knowledgeable, yet no nonsense coverage of the BRF over the years is top ranking IMO.

But I think I'll prefer to watch the Frederik-coverage on DR1 when possible. They are IMO more down to earth, more factual and a lot less silly than TV2!

To put faces on who I'm talking about:
Ulla Terkelsen, still going strong as foreign correspondent now in her early 70's!
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/521600632277327873/IHS2NEOw.jpeg

Natasja Crone. - TV-anchor, accomplished journalist.
https://tantholdt.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/07/natasja_crone-2.jpg

Lotte Mejlhede. - Journalist and also intelligent.
https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/36/368301/6553269-lotte-mejlhede.jpg

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelige/danmark/kaempekor-synger-loebende-frederik-du-kan-vaere-med
Now, does any of you carry a good tone?
Because when Frederik is to run in Copenhagen, a large choir of volunteers will sing him along.
It is hoped that more than 1.000 will join the somewhat unusual cheerleaders.
:shock::argh: ____ :lol::lol: :lol::lol::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::w00t::w00t::w00t:_____ :blink::ermm:
I imagine that depending of the talent of those singing, it might very well induce the runners to run even faster...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This begs the question, what does one sing to encourage runners, especially if one or possibly more of them is royalty? The national anthem? Which one - There is a Lovely Country or King Christian? Not being ''up'' on popular music, I thought maybe Ride of the Valkyries (these people are Vikings, after all) or the William Tell Overture, but neither one of those has words. I suppose the singers could ''da da da da da...'' Suggestions, anyone?

You'll have to excuse me, I'm recovering from a rather nasty infection and will be housebound for several more days, at least. I'm getting bored...

Well, humming Chariots of Fire while Frederik is running past would be obvious:

Last edited:

GOOD GRIEF!! - (Sorry for shouting) The lyric is worse than the ones aunt Agatha writes at every single family occasion, and which we are forced to sing.

- That is with the exception of those of us who don't vanish in time. (You'd be surprised at how many needs to go to men's room at the same time...)

----------------

ADDED: How about the choir sings YMCA? Great and cheerful song. (The lead singer BTW is a very courageous man!)

Last edited:
Figures and facts are emerging about the Royal Run next Monday, which in DK is a bank holiday.

https://jyllands-posten.dk/indland/...rinsen-loeber-foedselsdagsloeb-med-danskerne/

The Royal Run takes place in five towns and cities. - Apart from that there may be several unofficial runs dotted all over DK.

The whole thing starts in Aalborg, where Frederik will run the one-mile distance at 09.00.
Here 8.456 have signed up.
Then it's off to Aarhus for another one-mile run.

Here 11.644 have signed up.
Esbjerg - a third one-mile run.
Here 5.746 have signed up.
Odense, where Frederik again will run one mile.
Mary will join him here for the 10 km run.
Here 6.379 have signed up.
And finally in Copenhagen, where Frederik will run 10 km, around 18-18.30.
Here 31.364 will join him.

Altogether 63.489 have signed up - so far.
Aarhus has closed for more participants - which is why I can't possibly run, alas...

In Copenhagen the 1.000 man choir will sing the infamous tribute to Frederik - which will undoubtedly spur Frederik to get away... I mean spur him on. He loves music and song, you know...
There is IMO a very good chance that Christian and Isabella will join dad in one of the shorter runs.
In the various cities, Frederik will start the individual runs and then run himself.

This is going to be five public parties in a row, and I should be very mistaken if there isn't a lot of bands, entertainment and people dressing up.

According to the meteorologists the weather should be fine the rest of May.

Last edited:
Now there isn't long time to Frederik's birthday ?

(..)
In the Facebook post from the Danish Royal House I saw a comment from Scott Bailey (Mary's brother-in-law) who had tagged Mary's sister, Patricia and two others family members.
Maybe we will have the pleasure to see Mary's family attend the Royal Run too?
They are a sporty family.

Two new TV documentaries with Crown Prince Frederik will be broadcasted on both DR1 and TV2 up to his 50th birthday. (This birthday will be a big markup of Frederik - and it's well deserved!)

DR documentary "En prins finder sig self" (A prince finds himself) will be send in two episodes
(first episode 21. May and second 23. May)

TV viewers can look forward to an unusual documentary in two parts about Crown Prince Frederik in connection with his 50th birthday:

First episode - the early years and Frederik struggle to fit

"Crown Prince Frederik is born to a life in first class, but it is not easy for a little boy to grow up in the photographer's flashlight and for a number of years, the Crown Prince is struggling with the role he has, because he doesn't want to be a king very much. He finds peace in sports and music - and then he gets invaluable support from his grandmother. Slowly he overcomes the obstacles and becomes the man he is today. A man who can do more than most."

The second episode - where especially the love for Mary are in focus

"Crown Prince Frederik will be king one day and therefore he can not marry anyone. He knows that, but he is in no doubt that it's his heart which shall decide who he one day makes to his Queen. When Crown Prince Frederik is an adult, he has realized that his strength is the physical, and just below the surface he has a will of steel. When he meets a girl in the midst of the crowd it is almost a miracle, but he must be sure that it is serious. It's the big distance he has to stand this time, still struggling with the press to make room for him in his own way. This epiosde tells the story of the crown prince's way from big physical fights till he finally reaches the goal of his dream woman and his own family."

https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...rins-frederik-sig-selv-og-sit-livs-kaerlighed

ADDED:

The TV2 documentary will be broadcasted on Sunday 20. May in the evening.
The documentary will last one hour.

My way - Crown Prince Frederik 50 years

"How do you move on a way that you have not chosen yourself? Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark has had a very special role since his was born. A role chosen by others. The portrait 'My Way' takes us behind the closed doors of the court to tell the story of Crown Prince Frederik's long journey to stand on his own feet in the historic institution, it tells us about the challenges Frederik gave himself and about the love to Crown Princess Mary which today give him strenght to lift the tasks that once seemed too big."

Last edited by a moderator:
So it is Frederik on that stamp?!?

He looks older and a lot grumpier than his usual self. :ermm:
IMO not the most flattering photo of him.

Interesting stamp? Is he wearing clothes of a religious order? I know when they DRF goes to Greenland they were the native dress? Is this it?

Apologies for my ignorance...just trying to understand.

Interesting stamp? Is he wearing clothes of a religious order? I know when they DRF goes to Greenland they were the native dress? Is this it?

Apologies for my ignorance...just trying to understand.
It's the traditional dress that the male royals wear in Greenland. I think Frederik is wearing the Order of the Dannebrog but it looks a bit different to me.

Thank you both! And yes, the picture of the entire family shows his outfit a little bit better.

:previous: Thanks eya! :flowers:

Here is the English version of the calendar: Official engagements - The Royal House of Norway
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the celebration of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark's 50th birthday, Copenhagen.

Can't say that I'm very surprised.
King Harald is suffering from back/foot pain and looks more and more frail, while Queen Sonja (although amazingly fit for her age) suffers from arthritis.
And with the exception of a few more state visits, they are not likely to attend many foreign events.

Last edited:
In the new documentary 'My Way - Crown Prince Frederik 50 Years', a film team has followed the Crown Prince and his family close to September 2015 and until the end of 2017.
http://underholdning.tv2.dk/2018-05...en-han-har-et-staerkt-behov-for-at-komme-vaek

"In the documentary 'My Way', Crown Princess shows Mary understanding of her spouse's needs. "It's extremely important that you explore what interests one self, grows and unfolds individually. So when you're together, it's even better, she says.

At the same time, the Crown Prince says in the documentary that he is a good place in life - also with his role as the country's coming regent.
"Becoming a king one day is building experience and life experience, which I think I am very well aware of now, and I am very pleased with. To a great extent thanks to my wife, my family, my children. You know that you have a great support team at home who wants you well and backing you up in every possible way.

nice picture of Frederik and Mary
https://pbs.twimg.com/card_img/996326683442663424/aQq6lhg6?format=jpg&name=600x314

Thanks, Polyesco. ?

That's a TV2 summary, which means most of you will not be able to see it, so there is little point in me summarizing that docu for you.
But surely DR1 are going so air a docu as well and that the rest of you can watch too, so I expect I will write a running commentary to that, when it's been shown.

Crown Prince Frederik participated in the recording of the radio programme "Crown Prince Frederik on P4" today, May 16. Together with the radio hosts he talked about music from the 1960's to today. Favourite songs of his life were played and he told personal stories about selected music tracks.

The show will be aired on Danish P4 on May 20, between 10:03 - 12:00.

** kongehuset.dk gallery **

Back
Top Bottom