Crown Prince Frederik's 50th Birthday Celebrations: May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Men shouldn't be wearing turtlenecks. In fact it should be a punishable offense.

No doubt devised by a malicious and intoxicated super-feminist, determined to eradicate any trace of masculinity from this world. :voodoo:

He gets :nonono::nonono::nonono: from me.

----------------

ADDED:
On his birthday Frederik will step out on the balcony of Frederik VIII's mansion. I.e. M&F's home at Amalienborg.
Then he will be joined by his wife and children and QMII.

I think it's the first time the family will appear on that balcony.

Men shouldn't be wearing turtlenecks. In fact it should be a punishable offense.

No doubt devised by a malicious and intoxicated super-feminist, determined to eradicate any trace of masculinity from this world. :voodoo:

How do you even notice a turtleneck in a photo with those piercing blue eyes...?? No lacking in masculinity there...:winkiss:
And one photo in a uniform...That's all you can ask for ;)

:previous:
Oh dear! :ermm:

We already have one Frederik-infatuated Polyesco here on TRF, and now two?!? :wub::knight::wub:

Last edited:
The only thing I'm thinking of is the gala dinner at Christiansborg in the evening of his birthday. With guests from abroad ?

:previous: You've got something to look forward to then. Because Christiansborg means lots of guests, probably entertainment as well on a stage.

I hope it will be televised live.

BB informs us that when Frederik turned 40, it was celebrated at Fredensborg with a mere 150 guests. And here Mary sang solo for her husband.

BB informs us that when Frederik turned 40, it was celebrated at Fredensborg with a mere 150 guests. And here Mary sang solo for her husband.

And then also some foreign royals attended like the scandinavian Crown Princely Couples. It was there that Daniel Westling accompanied for the first time Crown Princess Victoria to an Event like this.

----------------

ADDED:
On his birthday Frederik will step out on the balcony of Frederik VIII's mansion. I.e. M&F's home at Amalienborg.
Then he will be joined by his wife and children and QMII.

I think it's the first time the family will appear on that balcony.
You are too much Muhler! But I have to disagree with you on this one. If worn correctly they can be very attractive. My hubby is too foxy in a turtleneck. Frederick looks very handsome in the picture and his eyes are what gets noticed for me. I personally think Frederick gets better looking as he gets older. That little bit (okay more than a little) of grey in his hair makes him more distinguished looking

How do you even notice a turtleneck in a photo with those piercing blue eyes...?? No lacking in masculinity there...:winkiss:
And one photo in a uniform...That's all you can ask for ;)

You are too much Muhler! But I have to disagree with you on this one. If worn correctly they can be very attractive. My hubby is too foxy in a turtleneck. Frederick looks very handsome in the picture and his eyes are what gets noticed for me. I personally think Frederick gets better looking as he gets older. That little bit (okay more than a little) of grey in his hair makes him more distinguished looking

Agree 100%
those eyes :wub:
The photos are really well done
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/hkh_kronprinsen_50_civil.jpg
http://kongehuset.dk/sites/default/files/hkh_kronprinsen_50_galla.jpg

the week of events
H.K.H. Kronprinsens 50-års fødselsdag | Kongehuset
royal run...gala...balcony appearance
very exciting!

I agree with you, ladies, that Frederik in the uniform is a great photo! :cool:

But the turtleneck... :ermm: - Fortunately he's not bald... ;)

Yes, it will be most interesting to see how many foreign royals will attend.

IMO the Scandinavian royals will be out in force.
The Dutch Regent Couple are a pretty safe guess too.
The Belgian Regent Couple is IMO a good possible too. (Queen Mathilde at least seems to have developed a personal friendship with Mary, so wonder if teir husbands haven't become friends as well.)
The Spanish Regent Couple is IMO an interesting question. Mary again seems to have developed a personal friendship with King Felipe at least, so...
The Luxembourgs are IMO a 50/50.
The Monaco, albeit on very friendly footing with M&F, are IMO also a 50/50.
The big joker is the BRF. - Someone will attend, but who?
Harry and Meghan are IMO an almost certain no. They are busy!
The Greeks will of course be all over the place!

I agree with you, ladies, that Frederik in the uniform is a great photo! :cool:

But the turtleneck... :ermm: - Fortunately he's not bald... ;)

Yes, it will be most interesting to see how many foreign royals will attend.

The Spanish Regent Couple is IMO an interesting question. Mary again seems to have developed a personal friendship with King Felipe at least, so...

Dear Muhler, you're just jealous because you can't rock a turtleneck...;)

It remains to be seen which royals attend but there must be some kind of relationship between Frederik and Felipe. I doubt he would have been asked to be godfather to Prince Vincent if there wasn't.

Frederik has always had gorgeous eyes - and lucky Isabella inherited them - but he really is in a good spot, looks wise. I think he’s currently the best looking, most charismatic royal man around that age, and I wouldn’t have said that ten years ago, maybe not even five years ago.

I think the royal attendees will be based on availability in their schedules rather than degree of personal friendship. I kind of see these gala events as a mix of work and personal life for the royals - probably fun enough but also fulfilling public expectations about the sort of milestone birthday the royal should have, (which vary from country to country). I suspect at least some of them have completely private parties with their true close friends, both royal and not, and it’s these events we never hear about that might be what they consider their real birthday celebrations.

Oh, and Muhler, some men put a turtle neck on and look like turtles. But some lucky men put one on and look like Frederik in that picture..

Last edited:
What's wrong with turtlenecks and a shaved head?! ????

Last edited:
Not a darn thing and in fact one of my favorite actor was bald and wore turtlenecks, remember Telly Savalas the actor who plaid Kojak and Kelly's Heroes and the Dirty Dozen.....gorgeous man and I would still watch his movies when they come on.

I think Frederik if the most handsomest man of all royals, he knocks it out of the ball park all the time with those baby blue eyes, as we say in America, Paul Newman eyes for he had the same type of eyes. There is nothing wrong with Frederik in a turtleneck ever.......so we should have a *fan club* of the best pictures of Frederik somewhere here.....?

Have you noticed that both CPss Mary and the late Prince Henrik went to a fortuneteller where they were told about the future in a foreign country? It cannot be a coincidence.

TV2 today have made a little poll where they send a reporter around to the royal palaces in Copenhagen. Holding the two latest official photos he asked those he could get his hands on which Frederik they preferred.

10 persons with a keen sense of humor preferred the turtleneck Frederik, while 5 kept their feet firmly on the ground and selected the best photo, the uniformed Frederik.

- Yes, the media hysteria that will come here in DK around Frederik's B-day, has quietly started!
The press will go collectively mad next month! ?

Is that you Muhler hiding under the same turtle neck that you claim you do not like.......you can't fool us ladies here at all.....:lol::lol:

Anyhow even though I am not Danish (maybe in another life time) I love Frederik in the turtleneck, sexy and cute and so boyish....yep, as someone said to me, I drool over Frederik for indeed he is gorgeous.?

It's the same room often pictured in the Crown Prince Family's photos, for example Isabella's 9th birthday portraits.

Billed Bladet has published the full schedule of Frederik's birthday celebrations.

They will last from 18th May to the the 27nd May.

18th May: Frederik will present grants from Crown Prince Frederik's Foundation at Christiansborg.
In the evening her and Mary will host a dinner for associated with the Crown Prince Frederik's Foundation at their home at Amalienborg.

21st May: The Royal Run. - Frederik will take part in various running events in Aalborg, Esbjerg, Odense and finally Copenhagen and at the same time go for tour of the country.

22nd May: M&F will host a reception aboard Dannebrog for his protections.

23rd May: M&F will visit Aarhus with Dannebrog and here visit a number of businesses. In the afternoon he will open a new research center at Aarhus University, Crown Prince Frederik Center for Public Leadership.

24th May: M&F will unveil a new portrait of Frederik at Fredenborg Castle and at the same time open an exhibition about himself the same place.

26th May: The big day! Frederik and his family will be cheered when he appears on the balcony of his home at Amalienborg.
In the evening QMII will host a gala dinner for Frederik at Christiansborg.

27th May: Frederik and his family and a 14.000 big audience will attend a big birthday show in his honor at Royal Arena. - the show will be televised live.

- I think it's very safe to say that all this will be covered massively here in DK! So our newsdiggers will be busy!

Last edited:
I guess we will see on 26th and 27th May foreign royals to celebrate with Prince Charming!

I just made an observation in the calendar of the Swedish Royal Family. Previous, Queen Silvia was scheduled to attend an event in Stockholm on Sunday 27th May. Now, is the same event attended by Princess Madeleine. Maybe (and hopefully) an indication of the Swedish attendees at the Birthday celebrations.

Back
Top Bottom