Crown Prince Frederik's 40th Birthday: May 26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think some of the pics are lovely and well photographed (Fred running, with Mary in front of the mirror, with the kids, portrait in grey suit) but the rest is incredibly staged (getting dressed, by the tree, in the car, with the picture). Worst of all is the picture with Mary in the black outfit, terrible. She is posing like a model and he looks like Ari Behn :eek: But kudos for doing something like that at all!

These pictures are hilarious! I could not keep from laughing. See the Prince run! See, the Prince likes art! See the Prince sitting in his fancy car! I'm sorry but these pictures are ridiculous. The pictures with him and his family and the one with Mary and him by the window are the only ones worthwhile, imo. The others are pointless and way too staged for my taste. This couple can't seem to ever act natural in pictures. It's always some big posing job. I really dislike the picture of them both staring straight at the camera like they are actors or models.

I am sooo glad to hear you say that Aurora (as a matter of speach of course)!! that is exactly what I was thinking when I saw the pictures, but frankly I was afraid to say anything :ohmy: It seems rather pointless to me as well, the pictures of him running, in his car and getting dressed, they made it look like some big advertisement of it, it could have easily been an ad for a magazine to seel some fancy car, rather than some nice (normal) photos of the princely couple :bang: Only the ones with the kids, and one by the window seem a bit normal!

I do not agree with either of you.
I find the photos relevant to show what means something to Frederik - and I really like the one of him running with Ziggy.
If some were staged it cannot be that unusual surely .....

Last edited:
If anyone should fault the way the [url=http://members3.boardhost.com/scandinavia/msg/1210967537.html]images[/URL] came out, fault the photographer Steen whatshisname along with the art director if there was one. Now, on the flipside, the only image I found a cheesy was the one in which Frederik's [url=http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2008/PPE08051604.jpg]valet/butler/necklace putter oner[/URL] was putting on his order for him. There was and is no point to that image... for some may get the wrong message.

Overall, I like the pictures of Frederik, and I don't care what the hidden messages, if any, are either. I just appreciate it for what they are. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Well some of the choices may be a little odd, but there are some great pictures there! And I love the one of F&M, but then again, I think thats the point. I wish there had been another family photo, one which shows them all clearly, but you cant have everything can you?!

i like them as well, i can not see any think wrong
with them.
billie-jo

Any pictures of Frederik working, standing in for his mom as the regent, meeting with foreign dignitaries or Danish politicians?

So far, no. But, I assume we will be getting new pictures soon, at least, I hope so.

I love the pictures! I can't get tired of these two. :wub:

I don't find their pictures ridiculous or hilarious. What' the problem with the big posing job? Of course they pose. All Royal do that. At least these two do in a very stylish way, IMO.
Honestly, there is no Royal who looks natural all the time, nor even Máxima with her never ending laugh.

From kongehuset.no

31.05.2008 HRH Crown Prince Frederik
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the 40th anniversary of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik (19:00)

:D:D

From kongehuset.no
Quote:
31.05.2008 HRH Crown Prince Frederik
Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the 40th anniversary of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik (19:00

:D:D

LOL - yes, a rather 'no **** Sherlock!!!!' kind of information ;)

So is that part of his official agenda then, attending his own birthday :rolleyes:

I think you may have misunderstood princess leonor, this is confirmation that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway will attend Frederik's birthday :)

So if it´s an "official" event of the Crown Prince Couple of Norway, that mean that... there will be and "official" celebration in Denmark? Like Prince W-A of the Nederleans.

I think you may have misunderstood princess leonor, this is confirmation that Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway will attend Frederik's birthday :)
Then I misunderstood it too - sorry :flowers: (overlooked the .no instead of the .dk ;))

So if it´s an "official" event of the Crown Prince Couple of Norway, that mean that... there will be and "official" celebration in Denmark? Like Prince W-A of the Nederleans.
There hasn't been much talk about it here; only a note in the CP couple's calendar that the family will appear on the balcony of Christian IX's palace. And then BilledBladet mentions that Joachim and Marie will not attend the celebrations as they are on honeymoon.

Last edited by a moderator:

hahahah, oh that's so stupid :lol: Sorry, thanks for correcting me. I already thought it was extremely strange attending his own birthday was on his own agenda, this version sure makes more sense! :rolleyes:

Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the 40th anniversary of His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik

Great News! :flowers:

It's good to see MM and Haakon are going to attend the birthdayevent. They always seem to be quite close.
I saw several pictures of the two Princes together (at Olympic games for example). I hope we'll get some pics of the two Princesses together this time as well.

I just got my copy of the magazine today :) Just quickly skimming through it, there are some really nice pictures in it

Really excited to see the family on the balcony tomorrow.

It would be great to see photos of Mary and Mette-Marit together :)

Does anyone know whether the Dutch, Belgian and Spanish crown princely couples will attend the dinner as well? What about Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine? Will they be present? I thought the Skandinavian royal houses are very close and that they normally invite each other to special occasions.

according to PPE the pictures were taken 4/2/2008. so I think thay just released the collection due to today's birthday.

Back
Top Bottom