Crown Prince Frederik's 40th Birthday: May 26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sofajr

Serene Highness
City
Petrozavodsk
Country
Russia
I am not sure that there is still a thread about CP Frederick birthday. :rolleyes:
Well on May 26 he turns 40. does anybody know is the celebration planned?

I wonder if Frederik does a Felipe (private party with family & close friends) or a Willem Alexander (lavish party with royal guests & photo shoot opp)

I wonder if Frederik does a Felipe (private party with family & close friends) or a Willem Alexander (lavish party with royal guests & photo shoot opp)

I would love if he will do a Willem Alexander, that will be a treat to all of us :wub:

I am not sure that they organize the same party as W-A had. If the birthday celebrations will take place with the wedding party of Joahim and Marie, it will be small and not so significant as the wedding itself :rolleyes:

but I'd love to see the whole bunch of photos of CP Frederick with the family :flowers:

DRW published an article in December about Joachim and Marie's wedding concert which would also celebrate Frederiks Birthday.
Here's the article.
Danish Royal Watchers: Joachim & Marie to have giant wedding concert
R
x
This concert was cancelled.

According to the latest news regarding the wedding Queen Margrethe will give a party at Graasten Palace.
Frederik's birthday is 2 days after the wedding, so I doubt he will do a Willem-Alexander (inviting members of other royal families).
But perhaps it will not be quite as private as Felipe's.

Both WA and Felipe did tv documentaries/interviews, invited the media into their houses. I wonder whether Frederik will do the same.

This concert was cancelled
When was the concert cancelled??
I do hope he does something like W-A birthday party last year, but he did reschduele his birthday because he didn't want to outshine his daughters birth in april??
Maybe Frederik will do the same, have a private celebration and have something bigger in the summer. ??
:flowers:

IIRC this information was given by Danish media some time in January or February this year.
The reason given by the originator of this concert was that he was harrassed by certain medias and his intentions and professionalism were doubted.

It would be nice to have a party some time later but regarding the fact that Frederik already told the media that 40 is just another number for him I doubt it will be a really big party.

Last edited:
Is there a possible translation for the magazine article??
You know these are the times when i wish my school offered danish as a language!!
x
Thankz for the pics & article.

Here is a rough translation from the Svensk Dam Tidning article:

When Crown Princess Mary married Frederik it was her best friend Amber Petty at her side as bridesmaid. But when it was discovered that Amber was dating a married Australian millionaire and linked to some weird wannabe biker gang member Mary, allegedly, cut ties with Amber. The plans that were to make Amber the Godmother to little Prince Christian was stopped.

But now it appears that Mary has forgiven her and are BFF once again. Amber hasn't been to Denmark in two years, and all seems well with the two best friends. Mary has apparently invited her to Frederik's 40th birthday schwingding at Fredensborg at the end of May.

Amber rushed to book her plane ticket, and during the week-long stay in Denmark, Amber will stay with the Crown Prince couple at Kancellihuset. Amber is whiney because she feels that she was unfairly treated by the Danish press, which identified her as a "bad girl". While she knows that if you should socialize in royal circles one should stay on the mat and stay away from weird wannabe biker gangs and married millionaires. Amber allegedly stated that, "I do not really want to do anything that might be embarrassing for Mary." Um okay.

Last edited:
Amber's ok :flowers: She has certainly never been one to cash in on her relationship with Mary, and infact didn't particularly think much of the 'royal bridesmaid' tag the press labelled her with for the first two or so years, post wedding.

She is in a weird position though. For the rest of her life she will be known as a "royal bridesmaid who had a weird bun thingy sticking out of the back of her head on Mary's wedding day" even though she has her own strong career and so forth. I have no idea who she is besides that and the fact that she worked for some magazine, but one thing is for sure she seems to have shut her mouth about Mary, and when asked she replies politely. So good for her. She scores a brownie point from me.

Back to Frederik's upcoming 40th "officially middle aged" birthday discussion.:D:) I'm kidding by the way

Last edited:
Thank you Glittering Tiaras for the translation.
Your right though might be a bit mean bit officially middle aged.
Does anything happen in the DRF when a person turns 40??
and what about Mary& Frederiks 4th wedding anniversary next week anything happening for that?
x

The 4th wedding anniversary isn't a milestone, traditionally, so I'm certain it shall be a private occasion.

Here is a rough translation from the Svensk Dam Tidning article:

When Crown Princess Mary married Frederik it was her best friend Amber Petty at her side as bridesmaid. But when it was discovered that Amber was dating a married Australian millionaire and linked to some weird wannabe biker gang member Mary, allegedly, cut ties with Amber. The plans that were to make Amber the Godmother to little Prince Christian was stopped.

But now it appears that Mary has forgiven her and are BFF once again. Amber hasn't been to Denmark in two years, and all seems well with the two best friends. Mary has apparently invited her to Frederik's 40th birthday schwingding at Fredensborg at the end of May.

Amber rushed to book her plane ticket, and during the week-long stay in Denmark, Amber will stay with the Crown Prince couple at Kancellihuset. Amber is whiney because she feels that she was unfairly treated by the Danish press, which identified her as a "bad girl". While she knows that if you should socialize in royal circles one should stay on the mat and stay away from weird wannabe biker gangs and married millionaires. Amber allegedly stated that, "I do not really want to do anything that might be embarrassing for Mary." Um okay.

Sounds like CP Mary is going to have a party for the 40th Birthday of Fred. Wonder what it will be and who will be invited.....??? What about Joachim & Marie, any other Royal members ??

agents of national security Frederick and Mary :lol:

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

the pictures are lovely. Crown Prince is good at every aspect of his life (at least on pictures) :)

That was exactely my thought as well when I first saw that picture! :D
Special Agent Mary and Special Agent Frederik.
Reminds me of this one (or those? :D )

I like the picture anyway. Mary looks beautiful in it.

those pictures you presented for comparison are hilarious :lol: :ROFLMAO:

The pictures are really lovely. The one of Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary standing by the window is my favourite

What lovely pictures! :) Thanks HM for posting :flowers: These must all have been taken the same day Mary's picture for the Mary Fonden website was taken

Amber's ok :flowers: She has certainly never been one to cash in on her relationship with Mary, and infact didn't particularly think much of the 'royal bridesmaid' tag the press labelled her with for the first two or so years, post wedding.

You have a point. Unlike Bettina, Amber has never spoken to the press about Mary. I do think Amber will always be in a strange position as Glittering Tiaras stated but I hope she gets her life on track. It is strange that she hasn't been made godmother of Isabelle.

These pictures are hilarious! I could not keep from laughing. See the Prince run! See, the Prince likes art! See the Prince sitting in his fancy car! I'm sorry but these pictures are ridiculous. The pictures with him and his family and the one with Mary and him by the window are the only ones worthwhile, imo. The others are pointless and way too staged for my taste. This couple can't seem to ever act natural in pictures. It's always some big posing job. I really dislike the picture of them both staring straight at the camera like they are actors or models.

Thank you for the pictures. They are beautiful. Love the scenery in the grounds of Fredensborg when CP Frederik was jogging with Ziggy. The ones with Prince Christian and Princess Isabella are priceless. My favourite is the one with the Danish Crown Prince couple by the window. :wub:

Thanks heaps for the photos. The ones with the children are lovely, Christian and Isabella are such little cuties. I also like the photo of CP Mary & CP Frederik by the window.

Back
Top Bottom