Crown Prince Frederik's 40th Birthday: May 26, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just thumbnails on Fred and Mary during the "secret party":
Rex Features

You can see what Mary wore. Her father and stepmother were also there.

-Ayvee

Wow! Little Isabella looks so much like her father. Thanks for the link to these photos.

Just thumbnails on Fred and Mary during the "secret party":
Rex Features

You can see what Mary wore. Her father and stepmother were also there.

-Ayvee
Looks like a fun night. I wonder if there are any bigger pics floating around? i would love to see everyone up close!:flowers:

Thanks for this gallery. Mary is lightyears ahead in terms of style and looks compared to many other party guests (Margrethe - what was she thinking - I almost went blind). I like her dress a lot and she and Fred were clearly center stage.

I would have to agree with you Duke! Mary looked amazing, and most of the other guests looked, well.... not that amazing! There were a couple of ladies that looked allright, most most of them, OMG!!! Margrethe, well most of the times I'm not too fond of her outfit, but this indeed was able to blind someone! Are there any pictures of Mette-Marit and Haakon yet?

Margrethe looked like rainbow-sherbet ice cream in that outfit. It is too bad that the weather was so cold. I would have liked to be able to see the full outfit of everyone when they made their entrances (without the coats).

How a gala dress code!!!! So refine!! Too bad the horrible weather, those dress doesn't combine with that weather!

Are there any pictures of Mette-Marit and Haakon yet?

Haakon and Mette didn't attend that gala.

They are going to attend the birthdayparty at Sunday, May 31st. :)

And: I also loved Mary's whole look! The colour of the dress, the cut... and I especially loved the mint-coloured coat.
Margrethe's jacket is just hideous. She should give it to Sonja.. so she would have a matching jacket for the yellow dress. :D

thanks for the pictures. Mary's looking so fresh these days. summer is comming to royal circles :flowers:

Yes, Mary was elegant in icy blue last Saturday and once again gorgeous in pink/green pastels on Monday. It would be nice to see video of her in this dress. Several times on Sunday I watched the video clip of her in the blue dress and enjoyed the sight of the skirt rippling along that red carpet. :cool:

Mary has perfected her use of pastels and brought spring to Denmark!

Pretty in pink! A gorgeous mix of colour. That green coat is beautiful. Very summery even though it looks cold and windy!Fred looks very handsome and happy and proud. I have to say that Caroline Heering looks really lovely and polished, being around Mary must rub off a little! Also Helle Reedtz-Thott looks very thin, she must be on Marys diet!! Thank you for all the pics.

i am surprise to se Caroline, Mary's secretary with a tiara, anyones knows why? and she has like a decoration on her chest? what is that?

In what pic is Caroline wearing a tiara??? I've seen the pics from the boat party and she's wearing a blue dress with her hair up and no tiara...

i am surprise to se Caroline, Mary's secretary with a tiara, anyones knows why? and she has like a decoration on her chest? what is that?

Caroline received the Knights Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog last January 28, 2008 for her service as lady-in-waiting to CP Mary:
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Tildeling af ordener

She wears the Heering family tiara, a tiara of myrtle leaves, when the event calls for it like Joachim and Marie's wedding.

The Heering family have been close friends of the DRF. QMII designs the costumes for Susanne Heering's (Peter's mother) ballet shows. Susanne owns a bellet school for childre.

Caroline's mother is Helle Moltke, Countess of Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede. So Caroline's step-father is a count but she herself is not.

As for wearing a tiara, if the event calls for it and you own one, then it's okay to wear a tiara. Tiaras aren't exclusively for royals and nobles.

-Ayvee

In what pic is Caroline wearing a tiara??? I've seen the pics from the boat party and she's wearing a blue dress with her hair up and no tiara...
in the wedding of joachim and marie, i think

Caroline received the Knights Cross of the Order of the Dannebrog last January 28, 2008 for her service as lady-in-waiting to CP Mary:
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Tildeling af ordener

She wears the Heering family tiara, a tiara of myrtle leaves, when the event calls for it like Joachim and Marie's wedding.

The Heering family have been close friends of the DRF. QMII designs the costumes for Susanne Heering's (Peter's mother) ballet shows. Susanne owns a bellet school for childre.

Caroline's mother is Helle Moltke, Countess of Lystrup and Jomfruens Egede. So Caroline's step-father is a count but she herself is not.

As for wearing a tiara, if the event calls for it and you own one, then it's okay to wear a tiara. Tiaras aren't exclusively for royals and nobles.

-Ayvee
so if i have the money and i can buy one i can use it?

Pretty in pink! A gorgeous mix of colour. That green coat is beautiful. Very summery even though it looks cold and windy!Fred looks very handsome and happy and proud. I have to say that Caroline Heering looks really lovely and polished, being around Mary must rub off a little! Also Helle Reedtz-Thott looks very thin, she must be on Marys diet!! Thank you for all the pics.

Oh, missjane i have to disagree a little! Did Caroline not look lovely and polished before meeting Mary? I've seen lots of photos of her and she has always looked lovely... and surely you don't think Mary is a thin as Reedtz-Thott? I think Mary's weight is very normal these days - she looks terrific and not too thin, and I'm sure she relies on exercise rather than diet to stay fit and slender! Somehow I think Mary would not like people setting thinness as exemplary for women - healthy is the go! ;)

Oh, missjane i have to disagree a little! Did Caroline not look lovely and polished before meeting Mary? I've seen lots of photos of her and she has always looked lovely... and surely you don't think Mary is a thin as Reedtz-Thott? I think Mary's weight is very normal these days - she looks terrific and not too thin, and I'm sure she relies on exercise rather than diet to stay fit and slender! Somehow I think Mary would not like people setting thinness as exemplary for women - healthy is the go! ;)
:ermm:Aotearoagal, I did not in any way insinuate that Mary was unhealthy, I said she was thin and I am not the only one to think so. One only has to look at her tiny waist in the blue gown from Marie and Joachims wedding to see this. Nor did I say anything about a "diet". I am sure CP Mary manages her weight in a healthy manner and i wouldn't expect anything less. Nevertheless, in my opinion, i believe she looks thin and sometimes even with good intentions, people will see her as an example.:)
I also know that Caroline Heering is a very elegant woman and i agree always has been, I didn't doubt her elegance. However because she and CP Mary work closely together, and are good friends maybe they share the same good taste, just as i and my girlfriends chat about fashions etc, and we also influence each others wardrobes.;)

Yes you can :flowers:
wow thank you so much for your answer, i thought that only queens and princes were allow to use tiaras! i must say this is a big surprise for me, i would love to use one, but no money to buy one! anyway i guess it is difficut to find one!

I really like this Family because they look really happy together.
Christian and Isabella are soo cute

Anyone else shocked Daniel is there???

I have to say I am beyond shocked about Daniel attendind the party!
Loveeeeeee Mary's dress, any guess on the designer? if someone reads something in danish media please let me know. Thanks!

Anyone else shocked Daniel is there???

Pleasantly surprised, IMHO this is is rather telling and all of us who felt tortured, waiting, waiting and waiting for a Swedish engagement will soon be released from their misery :clap::swedenflag:.
---
According to Billed Bladet HRH CP Filip of Belgium will attend the party too :cheers:.

Last edited:
must people would be happy celebrating their birthday quietly but the danes seem to sure know how to party Frederick's had a balcony appearance, a surprise party and this big party
personally i think it is all a bit much for a 40th brithday but thats only my opinion as i think here in the UK when William turns 40 if he had three events the public would think it was extremely lavish

Really shocked to see Daniel there could be a sign of an engagement

Back
Top Bottom