Crown Prince Frederik in New York for UN Global Compact: September 20-22, 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
September 20-22
The Crown Prince participatea in the U.N. Global Compact in New York

Last edited:
The Crown Prince participates in climate meeting

The Danish crown prince Frederik is on the way to New York right now in order to participate in a climate meeting in the metropolis on Tuesday,...
Translated English ** Original Article

Last edited:
Thank you for the video, lumutqueen. I watched the video. I could hear Prince Fredrick's accent. Is it his danish accent?

Thanks for the video! :flowers:
Prince Frederic has taken on the such fashionable issue such as the global warming. That is a good news. Given the fact that Copenhagen is to host a conference related to the climate changes, it was wise on the part of Crown Prince Frederic to attend a similar conference in New York and participate in discussions.
Prince Frederic's command in English is excellent. His accent is not very pronounced.

It is good to see Prince Frederik doing something more than just happen to be the man next to Princess Mary. He should start to scheme a much more deeper profile to himself than he currently seem to have.

I find his accent intriguing. I was expecting something a bit more British but it sounds quite American actually. Im glad he has take a visible stance on global warming though. Especially with Copenhagen hosting the Summit soon. He has a very calming voice I think. Fit for a King.

I find his accent intriguing. I was expecting something a bit more British but it sounds quite American actually. Im glad he has take a visible stance on global warming though. Especially with Copenhagen hosting the Summit soon. He has a very calming voice I think. Fit for a King.

Hosting the summit soon? What do you mean? :)

Prince Frederik's English is excellent! I am also pleased to see him devoting time and attention to the cause of global warming.

Pics 22.9.2009

Crown Prince Frederik at the "Climate change - Challenge
or opportunity for international Business"-discussion at
the Scandinavian House, New York City. September 22,

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Great pictures and video - many thanks!

Frederick has a more pronounced accent than his brother. Joachim speaks with a cut-glass English accent almost as well as Queen Margrethe. I applaud Frederik for taking an interest in climate change as we all should do.

I wonder if the Crown Prince has a valet with him on these overseas trips or would he dress himself??:flowers:

I think he looks preety damn fine tbqh. I think he does dress himself, with Mary's advice sometimes. :)

This event is shaping up good, i'm glad Frederik is taking part in an event like this. :flowers:

I think/hope his motives are a bit more sincere :flowers:
He seems to me like a lovely intelligent man (he fell in love with Mary after all) though I do not think it clever of the organizers to put the auto que to the right instead of in front of him and he does look a bit nervous and staring to the right which is not natural.

Thanks for the video! :flowers:
Prince Frederic has taken on the
such fashionable issue
such as the global warming. That is a good news. Given the fact that Copenhagen is to host a conference related to the climate changes,
it was wise
on the part of Crown Prince Frederic to attend a similar conference in New York and participate in discussions.

Prince Frederic's command in English is excellent. His accent is not very pronounced.

dear oh dear :eek:

It is good to see Prince Frederik
doing something more than just happen to be the man next to Princess Mary
. He should start to scheme a much more deeper profile to himself than he currently seem to have.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking that Fred would have more of a British sounding accent like his brother Joachim. Back to the subject- I'm glad he's taking on such an important issue and that he's putting himself out there via YouTube.

Misplaced auto-cue or not, he is very expressive and whilst he is trying to appear very formal, his "eyebrow action" gives the speech his own personal touch.

As an aside, I think he has a lovely speaking voice and am glad that he does not speak with a "cut glass" upper class english accent. He speaks as what he is, a man whose first language is not english but would put more than a few "english" speakers to shame. More importantly, his diction is perfect and he resists the current trend to speak as quickly as a runaway train.

As to his dress standard, it is as he is, like a kid dressed for a party and exhorted not to get it dirty or messy he leaves home. It adds to both his charm and his enthusiasm for his given topic.

Frederik is cute, I really admire him! I think it is good that he is also on youtube now!

Thank you for the video, lumutqueen.

I'm glad he is dedicated to this subject.

I think/hope his motives are a bit more sincere :flowers:
He seems to me like a lovely intelligent man (he fell in love with Mary after all) though I do not think it clever of the organizers to put the auto que to the right instead of in front of him and he does look a bit nervous and staring to the right which is not natural.
.... [snipped]
... I beg your pardon, but I fail to see a connection between Crown Prince Frederic's marriage to Crown Princess Mary and a level of his intelligence. I for one think that Crown Prince Frederic is an intelligent sensible man, who performs his duties as Crown Prince well and serves Denmark the best way he can.

don't worry about it:flowers:

I beg your pardon
, but I fail to see a connection between Crown Prince Frederic's marriage to Crown Princess Mary and a level of his intelligence. I for one think that Crown Prince Frederic is an intelligent sensible man, who performs his duties as Crown Prince well and serves Denmark the best way he can.

As for Frederic's accent when speaking English, didn't he spend a year at Harvard or another Ivy League school in the US? That would explain an accent leaning away from the strict British accent.

I have yet to watch the video of Frederic addressing global issues. Joachim has spoken a lot on videos prior to his marriage to Marie, including most of the interviews (engagement, and pre-wedding). One can hear a lot of British in his English.

She lived in the US for a while, studied here and also worked, so she is completely fluent in English. She lived in Boston and New York City. Her English is refined, but doesn't lean as much toward the British accent.

Enough about Frederik or anyone else's accent, please. Let's focus on the important issue of global warming.

Thanks for your cooperation! :flowers:

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

:previous:

I think it would be politics if we said that, for example, Russia and US are big morons for not doing enough to prevent / slow down terrible effects of global warming, possibly adding a couple of lines about the respective presidents as an afterthought. :D ;)

Global warming itself is hardly politics: it’s an issue that’s going to concern or is already affecting all of us.

I am getting a bit frustrated about lack of activity concerning this issue: oh, they sign and ratify all sorts of protocols, but that doesn’t mean anything is actually done. :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom