Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 5: November 2014 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just heard on the news that Frederik will go to Saudi Arabia tomorrow, Saturday, representing the DRF at the funeral.

yep its on the DRF calendar and include in the thread regarding the Death of the king.

Haakon, Carl Gustaf, Charles and Felipe are also due to attend.

Such short notice but I guess arrangements are quickly settled.

Good to see Frederik promote Danish innovation and industry.

DK has for many years been up front in regards to saving energy and that know how is an important export.

Good to see Frederik promote Danish innovation and industry.

Yes, he seems to have an interest in this innovation industry business, judging from previous events and the several day visit to Silicon Valley last autumn. You know, the one that was not on his official calendar, the one the court posted 1 photo of and the one we got some information of only via twitter and facebook....:bang:

Another article with a picture of a smiling Frederik from the Danish Tech prize.
Korean SME trained in Denmark

Its from the Innovation Centre Denmark page, a subject Frederik is really involved in.
"Kang & Park Medical had the honour of inviting HRH Crown Prince Frederik to their booth to tell him about their unique solution used for spine surgery. Kang & Park Medical are currently considering the possibilities of establishing a Danish subsidiary."

Today there is a State Council at Christiansborg Slot
I saw this on twitter
"Maris ‏@OhMyItsMaris 7h7 hours ago Casually saw the Queen & Crown Prince of Denmark this morning "

How far is Christiansborg from the residences of Frederik and the Queen.

Today there is a State Council at Christiansborg Slot
I saw this on twitter
"Maris ‏@OhMyItsMaris 7h7 hours ago Casually saw the Queen & Crown Prince of Denmark this morning "

How far is Christiansborg from the residences of Frederik and the Queen.

About an hours drive from Fredensborg and about five minutes from Amalienborg.

About an hours drive from Fredensborg and about five minutes from Amalienborg.

thanks Muhler.
I just realized that there is a thread about the buildings, where you have probably answered this question already :flowers:

Today, Frederik receives Mexico's Foreign Minister HE José Antonio Meade in audience
H.K.H. Kronprinsen modtager Mexicos udenrigsminister i audiens kl. 11.30 - Kongehuset

I had a small hope that with the new chief of staff we might get a picture, but at least this audience is listed on his calendar...baby steps : D

Last year, when he met with Japan's foreign affairs minister, we got a picture from a Japanese source.

No pictures with the Mexican minister but I found some articles that mention him visiting the crown prince.
La Crónica de Hoy | Meade promueve inversiones y cooperación bilateral en Dinamarca

"While in Copenhagen, Meade held a private audience with Crown Prince Frederik André Henrik Christian, with whom he spoke about the importance that both countries have the political dialogue, trade and cooperation projects bilaterally"
"He stressed further that Mexico and Denmark have strengthened markedly political dialogue and the proof are the visits have been made to Mexico by Queen Margrethe II, former Foreign Minister Villy Søvndal and recently the Crown Prince and Princess Mary. "

Noticias El Paso | Canciller mexicano visita Dinamarca para fortalecer la cooperación » Noticias El Paso

Today, Frederik receives Mexico's Foreign Minister HE José Antonio Meade in audience
H.K.H. Kronprinsen modtager Mexicos udenrigsminister i audiens kl. 11.30 - Kongehuset

I had a small hope that with the new chief of staff we might get a picture, but at least this audience is listed on his calendar...baby steps : D

Last year, when he met with Japan's foreign affairs minister, we got a picture from a Japanese source.

And we have a picture from the audience in the meeting room/vestibule in Frederik VIII Palace:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/sremexico/16399069538/in/photostream/lightbox/

Last edited:
Frederik is in Sweden these days where he is attending a ski-sports event. And in that context he met some of the Danish participants who were pretty pleased for the encouragement Frederik offered.

And at the same time it is hinted what Frederik's next physical challenge might be: the 160 KM Arctic Circle Race which is considered the hardest skiing challenge in the world and it takes place in Greenland.
Kronprins Frederik på skitur til Sverige | Billed Bladet

Frederik is in Sweden these days where he is attending a ski-sports event. And in that context he met some of the Danish participants who were pretty pleased for the encouragement Frederik offered.

And at the same time it is hinted what Frederik's next physical challenge might be: the 160 KM Arctic Circle Race which is considered the hardest skiing challenge in the world and it takes place in Greenland.
Kronprins Frederik på skitur til Sverige | Billed Bladet

that would be awesome. And this year its from March 20-22. Right after the state visit and before the trip to Japan ;)

Frederik was in Sweden Sunday as an IOC commission member.

He attended meetings and met the Danish team
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=892324820831633&theater

today there is a Public audience

Today Frederik is regent from the 24 to the 25th of February.
Im guessing the Queen will be on her usual winter holiday.
Joachim will be regent after that to the 3rd, I wonder were Frederik will be?

added:
Ok, today they changed Joachim being regent from the 26 to the 1st

Last edited:
So it's today Frederik spends an active Sunday with participating in the 90 kilometers long cross-country skiing Vasaloppet in Sweden. A race which he the first time competed in 2012.

Last year, Frederik crossed the finish line in the time 7 hours and 22 minutes.

A total of 15,800 people are enrolled Vasaloppet which has existed since 1922 and is the world's oldest and longest cross-country skiing.

Pøj pøj, Frederik (as we say in Danish)

Kronprins Frederik løber 90 kilometer på ski i dag | Billed Bladet

A picture from the start of the race:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd...._=1433870719_517eec50c1e70232cde828a487024ce2

Last edited:
Frederik gave after the run interview to Swedish SVT News. Will try to translate as good I understand Swedish. The weather with high temperatures, smelting snow and water in the tracks did that Frederik sometimes during the run felt it like water skiing :p

Video of Frederik being interviewed and article: (In the video you will hear Frederik speak so-called Swedish-Danish :D)
Danska kronprinsen: "Kändes ibland som vattenskidor" - Sport | SVT.se

Crown Prince Frederik crossed the finish in the time under seven hours - afterwards he was satisfied despite the bad tracks.

06:54:10 was the time of Crown Prince Frederik. It was his fourth Vasaloppet and afterwards he was in very good spirits when he met SVT.

- It was tough today, but I'm happy. I had super wheather, but it was a long day at the office, he laughing says.

This long distance suits the Crown Prince fine.

- It's a long run and I like the challenge in demanding endurance races.

- I'm absolutely satisfied with the time. I've trained a bit more than last year so I'm definitely satisfied.

But the track was anything but perfect.

- There was a lot of water out there. It felt at times like I was waterskiing, he says with a smile.

One more article of Frederik being interviewed and with a picture of the satisfied participant:

Danska kronprinsen nöjd efter Vasaloppet | Längdskidor | Expressen

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are many very nice pictures in the galleries:

Gallery from Royalista:
Crown Prince Frederik satisfied after Vasaloppet | Royalista

Gallery from Se&Hør:
Se billederne: Det ski’ godt Frede - SE og HØR

Gallery from Norwegian Se&Hør:
kronprins frederik: Kronprins Frederik fullførte på norske ski - Se og hør

A great picture of the Norwegian reporter Espen Felump giving Frederik two sweathers to take home to Vincent and Josephine:
http://www.seher.no/sites/seher.no/...cle/11/VASALOPPET 2012_18_0.jpg?itok=69QSBRF_

A great picture of the Norwegian reporter Espen Felump giving Frederik two sweathers to take home to Vincent and Josephine:
http://www.seher.no/sites/seher.no/files/styles/node_blowup/public/images/article/11/VASALOPPET%202012_18_0.jpg?itok=69QSBRF_

I think the picture is from a few years back when the twins were born. I remember having seen it. :flowers::flowers:
plus in that pic he is wearing yellow sunglasses, when in this years pictures he has red sunglasses

Can always expect great coverage of Frederik in his sport related events.

Hope he can persuade Prince Daniel to join him next year

Tomorrow, Crown prince Frederik opening of the Congress EWEA (European Wind Energy Association)

EWEA @EWEA · Feb 23 Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark, to give keynote speech at #EWEAOFFSHORE2015 opening session: http://ow.ly/JvqOI

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom