Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 4: May 2013 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the danish royal court and government confirmed this ? Because the swedish government and royal court are still awaiting more information and invitations according to an article in Expressen.
According to an article at tv2.dk, it has been confirmed by Lene Balleby (Communications and Press Secretary).

According to an article at tv2.dk, it has been confirmed by Lene Balleby (Communications and Press Secretary).

Ok. The swedish royal court has now confirmed that Crown Princess Victoria is attending so all 3 scandinavian heirs will go to South Africa

Do we know if Mary will come along or if he will attend the funeral with the Prime Minister only?

It's stated that it is our Crown Prince and our Prime Minister who will represent Denmark to the big memorial cermony on December 10, so I think Mary stay at home. In Norway it's Crown Prince Haakon and the Prime Minister of Norway and in Sweden it's Crown Princess Victoria and the Prime Minister of Sweden.

But I'm pretty sure that the media didn't have their facts correct when they write Frederik and other heads of states and government leaders will attend the funeral on 15th December. It has been published that Frederik will participate in the big memorial cermony on 10th December where Obama etc. will attend as well. The same with Haakon and Victoria. Nothing published about him attend the funeral on 15th December. And as I has understand it the actual funeral on 15th December will be a private cermony and no royals or hads of states will attend the private funeral, but the official memorial cermony 10th December.

http://jyllands-posten.dk/internati...nprins-frederik-deltager-i-mandelas-ceremoni/

Thorning deltager i ceremoni for Mandela | Nyhederne.tv2.dk

Last edited:
That last picture of our Prime Minister with Obama has been a top news story here in Denmark because according to our tabloids and people on twitter, it looks a little like Michelle is sending Helle the death glare for having perhaps a little too much fun with Barack.

That is, it was a top news story in Denmark until our Minister of Justice was forced to resign and the moment our PM was informed about this was actually captured as well: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BbIXzNDIYAE-vwC.jpg:large

it is hard not to like frederik :) he always manages to make people around him feel comfortable; that is a great gift he has

Last edited:
HRH The Crown Prince, who this year received Polka Verner scholarship at the Skanderborg Festival, now provides scholarship on the Spot Festival.

The Crown Prince was honored on 7 August of this year Skanderborg Festival and conditional in advance, the amount should be passed in support of Danish music.

Spot Festival receives support at 202.158 DKK for their work to promote Danish music abroad.

The Crown Prince said:
It was a great pleasure for me to receive Polka Verner scholarship - and it is no less when I can now pass it on to the support of the Danish rhythmic music scene. Along with the festival the people in Skanderborg, I have chosen Spot Festival as a recipient of aid. Spot Festival makes a great effort to promote Danish music, especially to other countries - and it is a pleasure to be able to support their work with money from Polka Verner scholarship.

H.K.H. Kronprinsen giver Polka Verner Legatet til Spot Festival - Kongehuset

Upcoming trip for Frederik
"HRH Crown Prince pays an official visit to Abu Dhabi on 20-22nd January"

Crown Prince Frederik's visit to Abu Dhabi, UAE can be found in the
Crown Prince Frederik's official visit: January 20-22, 2014
Thread

Frederik is now listed as being regent from Feb 22 to March 1st. so i guess his last day in Sochi is the 21st.
He has an Audience on the 24th and state Council the 26th.
He will also be regent on March 3rd, and March 6 through the 8th

:previous:

Yes, I guess QMII is away on her annual winter holiday in Norway.

Very short article on the Audience held today by Frederik. He is regent until March 1st. There is also a state council on the 26th.

55 i audiens hos kronprins Frederik - Navne

"On Monday, 55 people showed up for an audience with Crown Prince Frederik to thank for orders, distinctions and medals"

why cant there be pictures? :bang:;) :flowers::flowers:

Crown Prince Frederik is responsible for presentation of Building Climate, Energy and Environment Awards in the trade fair "Byggeri'14" in Fredericia Exhibition Centre, Western Ring Road 101, Fredericia, at. 15.00.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.786375201391643.1073741843.745063178856179&type=3

Another pic
http://www.tvsyd.dk/modules/xphoto/cache/17/90617_1080_1800_0_0_0_0_2.jpg

and short article
http://www.tvsyd.dk/artikel/233295:Kronprinsen-uddelte-priser

Another picture of today's event
http://jmimg.no.publicus.com/storyimage/JM/20140227/ARTIKLER/140229563/AR/0/AR-

Last edited by a moderator:
CP Frederik is scheduled to run the Vasaloppet Sunday March 2nd. The Vasaloppet is a marathon cross country skiing race held in Sweden. It commemorates a run by King Gustav Vasa in 1520. Since 1922 the Vasaloppet has been an annual event. The distance is 90km (55miles). In 2012 the CP finished the Vasaloppet in 6hrs 36min 32 secs. Pippa Middleton was also in the race that year. The CP was also in the race last year and finished in more or less the same time.
Good luck!

This may belong in a Swedish thread, if so I can't find it.

BB informs us that Frederik has completed the Vasa run in Sweden today.
Kronprinsen kæmpede sig i mål i Vasaloppet | Billed Bladet

The high temperature today, meant that the snow was heavy and watery, resulting in the track being more strenous to navigate.
As such Frederik made it in seven hours 22 minutes, a little less than an hour more than last year.
16.000 took part.

:previous:

And here's a picture: http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/01047/kronprinsfrederik0_1047635m.jpg

Article and picture from Eb.dk Ekstra Bladet - Kronprinsen gennemfører Vasaløbet for tredje gang

Eb tells that Frederik began the 90 kilometers race early this morning. It's the third time our sport prince participates and completes the race. This man's physical condition is impressive!

Article and video from Expressen.se: Danske kronprinsen: "Det var hårt i spåret" | Sport KVP

Frederik interviewed by the Swedish newspaper:

"I'm satisfied, although it was hard out there in the tracks. But I think it was fantastic, a really good arrangement."

Q: How much has the Prince been training for this year's Vasaloppet?

- "Not so much on snow. But I have a "strength machine" at home and I have practiced roller skis. I'm also glad I managed to practice in the snow in Sochi when I was there during the Olympics."

Q: Many participants have complained about bad tracks. The Prince was never close to giving up during the race?

- "No, not at all. I needed to finish."

Q: Are you satisfied with the time?

- "Oh yes, I think it felt fine although the tracks were a bit loose."

Q: How do the Prince celebrate the finish in Vasaloppet?

- "Now I will enjoy something warm to drink and eat and then I will go home to my family."

(I smiled me through the whole video when listening to Frederik speaking his Danish-Swedish) :lol: :ROFLMAO:
Kronprins Frederik: Jag tränade i Sotji - YouTube

Last edited by a moderator:
That man is quite, quite, mad! You have to admire the dedication of long distance athletes, they are really in it for the long haul. What a wonderful example he is to not only the young men and women of Denmark but also to his contemporaries. Sitting at a desk day in day out will kill you. :flowers:

ps: I guess this is current event related as I have to admit, I currently very much admire his face fur which not only looks very attractive but gives another layer of warmth in his very cold pursuits! ;)

Copenhagen is hosting the IAAF/AL-Bank World Half Marathon Championships tomorrow, March 29th .

Frederik will be attending a dinner tonight for the IAAF, March 28 and tomorrow March 29 he will be launching the half marathon.

an article on the event
World Half Marathon Athletics Better World Copenhagen
“It’s a win-win situation for local organisers, the IAAF and the sport of road running. I am confident it will lead to increased interest in hosting the championships and a boost to the overall profile of the IAAF World Half Marathon Championships as a global sporting festival.
“The mass participation race, like the elite races, will start and finish in front of the Danish Parliament. This shows the commitment of the Danish authorities, and especially his Royal Highness the Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, an IOC member since 2009, who is fully behind this event as well.”

"There will be two starts. Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt will start the Elite women at 12.30, and His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik starts the Elite men and the 30,000 recreational runners off at 12.55.
"The starting pistol symbolises the end of the runners as well as organisers preparations and marks the beginning of the competition and celebration of running. We are honoured that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt have agreed to participate in this event as starters of the IAAF/AL-Bank World Half Marathon Championships," says Director of the Danish Athletic Federation, Jacob Larsen.

Denmark is the perfect example of how a rather small country can punch above its weight and set example for other countries around the world. The story of Copenhagen is a story about a host city with the proven ability to organise successful events in creative, green and beautiful surroundings. "

edited
while looking for pics of the dinner, i found this one
not sure if its related but it looks like a nice room
http://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bi9IeX1IgAAI04-.jpg:medium

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom