The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 10-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Patra's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Southern, United States
Posts: 2,208
Wow- their boat captsized! I do hope the Prince & his competition partner (and the vessel) are okay!
__________________

__________________
Patra
God is in the Details.....
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-16-2009, 02:18 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 26,284
Pics 16.10.2009

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark is seen at the Woollahra Sailing
Club and sailing on October 16, 2009 in Sydney, Australia
- what a funny face in pic 2


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

** gettyimages **


Two days ago Frederik made a speech during a renaming ceremony at
the Danish Church in Sydney. The prince presided over a ceremony in
which the church was renamed "Frederikskirken", "Frederick Church" in
English, in his honour, October 14, 2009


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **


Yesterday Crown Prince Frederik also attended the Sydney 2009 World
Masters Games Gala Ball at Doltone House, October 15, 2009 in Sydney,
Australia.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
__________________

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-16-2009, 03:02 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,123

What a wonderful face in picture 2.
He has his own church now well then, and he does look ever so handsome in black tie.
Anyone know race statistics?
__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-16-2009, 05:07 AM
Jacknch's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Grundisburgh, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,776
The funny face in pic 2 looks as if Frederik is doing an impression of Prince Charles! They're great pics of Frederik - thanks for posting them!
__________________
J
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-16-2009, 04:26 PM
Sereta's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: The, United States
Posts: 2,019
Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Two days ago Frederik made a speech during a renaming ceremony at
the Danish Church in Sydney. The prince presided over a ceremony in
which the church was renamed "Frederikskirken", "Frederick Church" in
English, in his honour, October 14, 2009


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Well that's interesting having a church named after him. Does anyone know if Frederik and Mary attend church regularly?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-28-2009, 04:11 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1
Word is that there were only five Tasar races, not six races, eliminating series field scores. On that afternoon conditions were excellent for a final race but Fred was short on time and awards proceedings were shifted forwards. This was to accomodate one competitor, Fred, who was not a finalist and was not part of the presentation ceremony. Therefore the rest of the field missed out on gaining a true series results. And who else hired a winning boat, crew mate or had their boat prepared for them? In these games is it standard that just one person is more special than the rest or was it his personal event?

Also he had a personally catered room at the venue. It must have been frustrating that he coudn't mingle with the other competitors ... or attend the Tasar class cocktail event. Some other sailors slept in their cars to afford entry to the competition and were then asked to keep the waters clear (ease their sails) to allow a certain boat to progress forward in the race ... or so the story goes.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-29-2009, 10:15 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Posts: 957
According to the sailing schedule from 21 September 09 Sailing - Sydney 2009 World Masters Games
there were only 5 races planned for all classes.
So, what are you talking about?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-29-2009, 11:01 AM
Lumutqueen's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carlton, York, United Kingdom
Posts: 17,123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlit Love View Post
Word is that there were only five Tasar races, not six races, eliminating series field scores. On that afternoon conditions were excellent for a final race but Fred was short on time and awards proceedings were shifted forwards. This was to accomodate one competitor, Fred, who was not a finalist and was not part of the presentation ceremony. Therefore the rest of the field missed out on gaining a true series results. And who else hired a winning boat, crew mate or had their boat prepared for them? In these games is it standard that just one person is more special than the rest or was it his personal event?
If Frederik had a winning boat and crew that has nothing to do with him personally, the crew has trained themselves to be as good as they are. How good any boat is depends on how well kept it is. Winning cannot only be down to the crew and boat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunlit Love View Post
Also he had a personally catered room at the venue. It must have been frustrating that he coudn't mingle with the other competitors ... or attend the Tasar class cocktail event. Some other sailors slept in their cars to afford entry to the competition and were then asked to keep the waters clear (ease their sails) to allow a certain boat to progress forward in the race ... or so the story goes.
As far as I know, he did attend the cocktail event and there are many pictures of him mingling with other competitors. He wasn't given any special treatment as you suggest, Frederik usually never is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
According to the sailing schedule from 21 September 09 Sailing - Sydney 2009 World Masters Games
there were only 5 races planned for all classes.
So, what are you talking about?
That is also what I thought Ricarda.
The link you posted clearly states there was no intention of a sixth race, and Frederik was not the cause of any cancelletion.
__________________

__________________
We Will Remember Them.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sydney, NSW, Australia Colane Member Introductions and Updates 0 07-05-2013 07:37 AM
Hello From Sydney, Australia olga Member Introductions and Updates 2 05-01-2011 01:09 AM
Sydney 2000 Olympics Australian Royal Life and Lifestyle 22 02-06-2006 04:06 PM
Spanish Royals at the 2000 Sydney Olympic Games Alexandria Royal Family of Spain 6 04-23-2004 05:57 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history engagement fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan kate middleton king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month pom president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince felipe prince felix prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]