Crown Prince Frederik and Sailing Competitions: 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pictures from Miami.

PPE Agency

Go to event and I'm pretty sure you guys can figure it out from there!

Lovely pics of this charming family... I can believe how grown up Christian are...

They look so happy & relaxed. I'll bet they're not recognized as much here in the States and seem to mix in easily with the others in Miami. Wonderful family -- wish Isabella were out and about, too!

love crocs for comfort but they do not provide support for growing feet (yes I know im petty) I dont think a young child should wear them (I wear them for a mailbox run, out of the house without much walking) But yes the family looked great and in good spirits long may it last thanks all for the pics ectera especially Glittering hope to be back online with you all soon (computer needs to go to hospital badly and is off tomorrow for a month)

Lovely photos, and lovely to see!!! They all look so happy!!!!
They are such a marvelous couple.

I also think the same about crocs - I think that they are confortable for us but they do not suit young children because they do not correct the foot has it is growing, so it is not a suitable shoe for such young kids to wear. I love to see Mary wearing informal clothes she looks really nice with that blue shorts!! Hate Christian t.shirt, really hate it....

Last edited:
in the photos from medium photos, i think the funny ones are with christian checking out the beer in ice. maybe he just likes the ice!!

[URL="http://www.herognu.com/index.php?mod=main&top=0&parent=73&id=118"]Here[/URL] is a video clip of the Crown Prince couple in Miami courtesy of Her og Nu. In it you can hear Christian speak as well as Mary. I feel kind of intrusive watching the clip since it seems Mary and Frederik look somewhat annoyed by the media and cameras snapping in their faces every two seconds.

They are also on the [URL="http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_0817.jpg"]cover[/URL] of the magazine this week with the headline "Family in [the] USA"

:)

So Isabella was there also!! Who is this nanny I don't know her? Christian looks good but that shirt with those shortsn don't look nice at all. It seams that Mary wants to make Christian look confortable and simple but sometimes she make mistakes and "things" just don't macht! It seams like Isabella is wearing Christian's hat!

you now what, they are on holiday and Christian is two. It dosen't really matter what he is wearing for a holiday does it? I mean he is not going to church wearing that is he? And maybe Isabella has her own hat that looks the same as Christians.

It is hard to find anything that matches a swimsuit. I assume the shorts are just that as Mary is carrying an inflatable water toy. And the top looks to be a light jacket, mornings in Miami can sometimes be a bit cool in the spring despite the warm ocean breezes. I imagine Christian is wearing a simple tee shirt underneath. At any rte, they appear to be enjoying the holiday and who cares what they look like as long as hey had fun!

Cat

So they went sailling? but that was a competition???
They should have get used to cameras by now! It is really normal for cameras and photographers beeing around them, it is the bad side of the royal life ;)

So they went sailling? but that was a competition???
They should have get used to cameras by now! It is really normal for cameras and photographers beeing around them, it is the bad side of the royal life ;)

Yes it was a competition. And a rather serious one, the world championship of the the sailing class Farr 40 (the kind of boat). Frederik and his crew ended up with the 4th place, quite good me thinks.

In my opinion the reason they might look somewhat annoyed with the attention was much more because of Christian than about themselve.

Is this a competition of some sort that he is there in an official capacity? Or is this something that he is doing on his own time?

And isn't this the same race where he lost his wedding ring last year? (Was that already so long ago?) I hope that he has a better fitting one this year!

Oh, how I wish I was in Miami! It would be lovely to see him at the sailing event. I really liked the photo of the boats with their joint monogram on the sails. This is the first time that I have seen this.

Is this a competition of some sort that he is there in an official capacity? Or is this something that he is doing on his own time?

Both :flowers:.

He is the fourth best worldwide in this competition.

I thought the same thing, Marmi. I was surprised that he wasn't there. I know that he is very busy, and his demanding schedule probably prevented this.

He went to Florida to sail, this is a priority of his, cultivating his hobby, so much so that he left Denmark before the scheduled time. It is the fourth time this year that he has gone there alone Billed-Bladet - Sejlerprinsen Frederik i Florida - a strange habit for someone who has previously waffled about the importance of family! So, his absence was not due to pressure of work, that, it seems, is never a priority.

:previous:
Considering that the event sgl was talking about was at the end of October, and Frederik has only been in Miami (at the most) since the start of this week/weekend, Frederik wasn't absent from the award ceremony because of his sailing.

I thought the same thing, Marmi. I was surprised that he wasn't there. I know that he is very busy, and his demanding schedule probably prevented this.

Thanks Paty.

You know, I was thinking about it and this would have been an event which it would have been nice for Frederik to have attended to.
I know the Foundation is Mary's, but this wasn't work she was initiating or bringing attention to; it was recognition.

My post was in reference to the speech at the Mary Foundation, ^ which, as the DRF's website confirms http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/2000f/Year/2008/Month/11/Day/18 was on the 18th November, the same day that CP Frederik was in Miami.

Yes I know, the conference on domestic violence. But the two posts you quoted were from a previous event, the one from October 24. Frederik's sailing has nothing to do with the conference yesterday; nor the posts you quoted and responded to.

My post was in reference to the speech at the Mary Foundation, ^ which, as the DRF's website confirms D.K.H. Kronprinsparret - D.K.H. Kronprinsen og Kronprinsessens kalender was on the 18th November, the same day that CP Frederik was in Miami.

Yes I know, the conference on domestic violence. But the two posts you quoted were from a previous event, the one from October 24. Frederik's sailing has nothing to do with the conference yesterday; nor the posts you quoted and responded to.

You may be right!

wiwaxia, JessRulz is right. Check the date of the post you quoted which is 27 October 2008. I believe October 27th comes before November 18th. It boggles the mind how anyone can carp on a person without verifying their facts. Moreover, I believe that this is only the second time this year that Frederik has gone to Florida and, the first time alone. He went in April 2008 with Mary and the children. Please read the article that you quoted in your post for more information. ;)

wiwaxia, JessRulz is right. Check the date of the post you quoted which is 27 October 2008. I believe October 27th comes before November 18th. It boggles the mind how anyone can carp on a person without verifying their facts. Moreover, I believe that this is only the second time this year that Frederik has gone to Florida and, the first time alone. He went in April 2008 with Mary and the children. Please read the article that you quoted in your post for more information. ;)

I think I already admitted that in my post! Sorry to hear that you were boggled - to err is human! and as for 'carp' - I take exception to a polite post referred to as carping. As for verifying facts -

I dag og i morgen deltager han for fjerde gang i år i en Farr 40-sejlads i havet ud for Miami i Florida.
Ekstra Bladet - Fredes familieliv sejler

It says - Today and tomorrow he participates for the fourth time this year in a Farr40 race in Miami Florida.

Unless of course you have information to the contrary!

I think I already admitted that in my post! Sorry to hear that you were boggled - to err is human! and as for 'carp' - I take exception to a polite post referred to as carping. As for verifying facts -

I dag og i morgen deltager han for fjerde gang i år i en Farr 40-sejlads i havet ud for Miami i Florida.
Ekstra Bladet - Fredes familieliv sejler

It says - Today and tomorrow he participates for the fourth time this year in a Farr40 race in Miami Florida.

Unless of course you have information to the contrary!

Yes, that´s how I´d read it also. Correct translation. He was in Florida in January, March, April and is now. Makes 4 (if we talk about Miami, it would make 3. Since he had sailed at Key West in January...it´s said there he had lost his wedding ring, while diving)

It boggles the mind how anyone can defend a person without verifying their facts. ;) Well, actually I think (in the world of Royalty watching) it should be allowed to be wrong without being criticised in a harsh way or ridiculed :flowers::)

I like the colour of the suit and it´s a good cause. Slowly the Mary foundation seems to build up a real profile...

Yes, that´s how I´d read it also. Correct translation. He was in Florida in January, March, April and is now. Makes 4 (if we talk about Miami, it would make 3. Since he had sailed at Key West in January...it´s said there he had lost his wedding ring, while diving)

It boggles the mind how anyone can defend a person without verifying their facts. ;) Well, actually I think (in the world of Royalty watching) it should be allowed to be wrong without being criticised in a harsh way or ridiculed :flowers::)

I like the colour of the suit and it´s a good cause. Slowly the Mary foundation seems to build up a real profile...

Agreed! :flowers: - and it was admitted!..... and I agree about the suit, I rather like it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom