Crown Prince Frederik and Sailing Competitions: 2003 - 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pictures, iceflower :flowers:. Looks like the kids got to spend some quality time with their Papa :D.

:previous:

You are most welcome, Daria_S! :flowers:

Here's a nice additional gallery from yesterday, including Josephine and Vincent at the railing :)

** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
Beautiful, active kids! I love Vincent and his mop top.

I can't help but think it's strange to see the sailors saluting Christian and Isabella when they're so young.

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful, active kids! I love Vincent and his mop top.

I can't help but think it's strange to see the sailors saluting Christian and Isabella when they're so young.

When QMII was a little princess, she and one or both of her sisters took delight in repeatedly walking past the guardsmen, who were obliged to present arms each time. Until Queen Ingrid or Frederik IX put an end to that, be exempting the guardsmen from saluting the young princesses. I believe it was QMII herself, who told that little story. - Only shows that royal children can be rascals as well. :lol:

I guess M&F's children haven't thought of that little prank.... yet.

Apart from that I think four lively children are a welcome diversion onboard. - Except for little fingers on the brass and windows, that needs polishing....

Muhler said:
When QMII was a little princess, she and one or both of her sisters took delight in repeatedly walking past the guardsmen, who were obliged to present arms each time. Until Queen Ingrid or Frederik IX put an end to that, be exempting the guardsmen from saluting the young princesses. I believe it was QMII herself, who told that little story. - Only shows that royal children can be rascals as well. :lol:

Apart from that I think four lively children are a welcome diversion onboard. - Except for little fingers on the brass and windows, that needs polishing....

That's a cute story. Children add so much character to an event. It's never boring when they're around.

Ha, I'd heard that story, Muhler. It would be pretty fascinating for a little kid, I bet, to see these strange grown ups react like that every time you walked by. :)
I wonder if all of the children in the extended Danish royal family are saluted, (Joachim's kids, Princess Benedickte's grandchildren, etc)?

Here's a nice additional gallery from yesterday, including Josephine and Vincent at the railing :)

** ppe gallery **
That's a really great gallery. Just one note of concern . . . Christian looks to be wearing a life jacket that is far too big for him. It really shows in those photo's with he and Isabella as hers is the right size and type. Is Frederik being a little too indulgent a dad?

Last edited:
Last edited:

Crown Prince Frederik and a crew consisting of former Danish Olympic medalists participated (and lost ;)) in a sailing race as part of the ISAF Nations Cup Grand Final 2013 in Middelfart today, August 8:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** jv.dk gallery **

** BB: Kronprins Frederik tabte søslaget ** translation **

** dagens.dk gallery: Se billederne: Kronprins Frederik tabte matchrace mod Nicolai Sehested ** translation **

More pictures
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/698/6/1152x-u/6698262-kronprins-frederik-sejler.jpg
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/698/6/1152x-u/6698244-kronprins-frederik-sejler.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/698/6/1152x-u/6698251-kronprins-frederik-sejler.jpg
http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/698/6/1152x-u/6698261-crown-prince-frederik-sailing.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/698/6/1152x-u/6698255-kronprins-frederik-sejler.jpg
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/698/6/1152x-u/6698266-kronprins-frederik-sejler.jpg

Gallery from Berlingske:
http://www.b.dk/billedserier/kronprinsen-i-dyst-mod-dansk-stortalent#slide-2

Video from DR: Video: Kronprinsen tørster efter revanche | Sport | DR

Frederik was also in the News tonight. As you maybe remember did Frederik and Mary sailed against each other a few days before their wedding, where Mary won. Today Frederik and his crew lost to Nicolai Sehested (one of the world's very best sailors - he is also an Olympic participant) Before the race was Frederik asked who he would prefer to lose to - his wife or Sehested? After a big laugh Frederik said "You know, it's always hard to lose to your wife" :p (picture 20+21 in the gallery from Berlingske)

Last edited:
:previous:thank you Roskilde:flowers:

Frederik looks great and in great spirits. And im sure it must be tougher to lose to one's spouce ;)

Frederik is no longer a member of ISAF Events Committee. He was a member for 8 years until the end of 2012.

I'm just curious: how would he get involved in something like this? I mean sailing for a U.S. team. It seems a very competitive/demanding race. I imagine there will be lots of other (maybe more experienced/competent) athletes that could have done it. I'm not being critical, just curious!

Also, when does he sleep, recoup??...four kids, an Ironman race and the next day he is flying to San Francisco. I would be soooo tired...

I'm just curious: how would he get involved in something like this? I mean sailing for a U.S. team. It seems a very competitive/demanding race. I imagine there will be lots of other (maybe more experienced/competent) athletes that could have done it. I'm not being critical, just curious!
He was not sailing for a U.S team. He was just invited aboard for a short ride when he was in San Francisco.
He is sailing with his team Nanoq at the Farr 40 worlds in NY at the moment. In his own boat.

Added: The caption to the photo of Frederik visiting the U.S team seems to be wrong: He is not
at America's Cup in SF 19th-30th.

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures. We're having perfect weather for sailing this week!!

Did we miss these pictures on the Official website? H.K.H. Kronprinsen besøger ORACLE TEAM USA - Kongehuset

I certainly did..

I had place an article and pictures under his current events thread, since he wasn't competing, just invited. I think my post is #131. there is also a pic of him with the America's trophy.

He is now in Newport, Rhode Island competing with his team and boat Nanoq in the Farr 40 World Championships. i think it ends Tomorrow

This picture was from yesterday, it seems Nanoq had some trouble with the sails
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543900_10151627941398857_1907882583_n.jpg

another pic
https://sphotos-b-sjc.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/1185258_10151627940123857_1668570037_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
A note from BB informs us that Frederik and his crew will take a break from competing.
Lene Balleby is quoted for saying: "It's a boating class (Farr 40) that require a lot af time and a lot of training in order to remain at the top. that's why the Crown Prince stop sailing Farr 40 and he will ake a break for an undetermined period of time".

The boat Nanoq will be put up for sale.

That means Polyesco, who has otherwise kept us up to date when Frederik has been sailing, :flowers: has lost her reporting gig. :sad:

A note from BB informs us that Frederik and his crew will take a break from competing.
Lene Balleby is quoted for saying: "It's a boating class (Farr 40) that require a lot af time and a lot of training in order to remain at the top. that's why the Crown Prince stop sailing Farr 40 and he will ake a break for an undetermined period of time".

The boat Nanoq will be put up for sale.

That means Polyesco, who has otherwise kept us up to date when Frederik has been sailing, :flowers: has lost her reporting gig. :sad:

LOL:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I was just getting familiar with the whole sailing world :D

Did Frederik own the Nanoq boat himself? how long has he had it?

I'm not surprised. Last week was the first time in three years that Frederik and his team have sailed together. Meanwhile in these three years some cute twins arrived in the family and I guess it's one of the main reasons. But sure also because Frederik (and Mary too, for that matter) gets more and more royal tasks for every year now. The time simply isn't there any longer. But I'm pretty sure that he will resume in time... when the children are older and the family doesn't need so much time. As we see with Prince Henrik.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom