The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 10-08-2019, 02:53 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,577
Frederik and Mary with Joachim and Marie at the dinner tonight
https://images.scribblelive.com/2019...1d8676f69e.jpg
https://images.scribblelive.com/2019...6f8d99f6f2.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGYC7FtXYAA9QI2.jpg

A nice greeting by the two couples
https://twitter.com/PointDeVueMag/st...814758912?s=19

It was great to see Marie participate. The 4 look like they had a great time

Some wonderful photos from the Dailymail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...own-Paris.html
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...4c&oe=5E34DA23

It was a very warm greeting between the two couples
http://content.invisioncic.com/r3885...6d7286eeb5.png
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltd...arkPreview.jpg

After a busy 2 day visit, Frederik and Mary hand in hand
https://beta.tt.se/media/image/sdltd...arkPreview.jpg

gallery with some great photos from tonight
https://beta.tt.se/bild/q=Mary

https://twitter.com/DanishMFA/status...213121/photo/1

article and interview with Frederik
https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/kro...l0hugiTdxWnKwg
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 10-08-2019, 03:14 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Any clue if the Elysée Dinner actually took place ?
A calendar entry was added yesterday

Kronprinsparret deltager i middag med H.E. Præsident Macron og fr. Brigitte Macron | Kongehuset

The Crown Prince Couple attends a dinner with HE President Macron and Mrs Brigitte Macron, 9 pm, nothing mentioned as to where it was.


Added: It's also on President Macron's calendar

"Dîner avec le Prince Héritier Frederik de Danemark et la Princesse Héritière Mary de Danemark."
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 10-08-2019, 04:20 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,800
That's a veritable barrage of flashlights!

The woman with the glasses standing next to our Marie is Lene Balleby. Head of the DRF press office.
The man to the far left is one of the new ministers, can't remember what ministry. Martin Heunicke I believe.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 10-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: xxx, Finland
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
The woman with the glasses standing next to our Marie is Lene Balleby. Head of the DRF press office.
.
That woman is not Lene Balleby. She is seated next to Frederik and that's not where Lene Ballelby would be.

The pretty useless DRF press office....Lene Balleby+6, and it takes them ages (as in hours and hours) to get out a few photos of an official visit.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 10-08-2019, 05:07 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,800
Okay.

Who is she then? I've noticed her several times and she must have a fairly prominent position. - Surely the minister hasn't dragged his wife along?!?

A very nice BB video:
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...e-fest-i-paris

Notice that mate-slap Joachim gives Frederik on the shoulder.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 10-08-2019, 05:42 PM
HereditaryPrincess's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 11,621
Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
Nice; I was wondering if the two couples would meet now that Joachim and Marie have moved to Paris.
__________________
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone". Audrey Hepburn

*
"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:22 AM
eya eya is offline
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: -, Greece
Posts: 17,708
The Crown Princess Mary and Mrs. Brigitte Macron take part today in a school visit at Lycee Lamartine, where students can attend Danish classes. The DR Danish National Girls’ Choir also participates in the visit.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1181846075386277889
https://twitter.com/RepIDF/status/11...088320/photo/2
https://www.bt.dk/kendte/live-kronpr...is?jwsource=cl

Gallery

https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2...this_event_adp
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 10-09-2019, 07:34 AM
maria-olivia's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Posts: 5,744
Prince Frederick 's french is not good , not fluent with a terrible accent. How is that possible as his father was french.
Princess Mary does not speak french at all.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 10-09-2019, 10:39 AM
iceflower's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: , Germany
Posts: 51,732
Here's a first video of the final day today:

__________________
**** Welcome aboard! ****
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 10-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,800
The daily coverage from Daily Mail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...te-Macron.html
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 10-09-2019, 12:41 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Prince Frederick 's french is not good , not fluent with a terrible accent. How is that possible as his father was french.
Princess Mary does not speak french at all.
That is very different from what all the French media and Danish media have been reporting. He got very good reviews.

The Crown Prince pays a visit at the world’s largest campus for entrepreneurial companies, Station F, where tech companies are gathered to develop and realize prospective projects. The founder of Station F, Xavier Niel, hosts the visit.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGbTt0kXYAUWfPX.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGbTt0pWoAA7cAD.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGbTt1XWwAAI4Ht.jpg
http://content.invisioncic.com/r3885...84bff74139.png
http://content.invisioncic.com/r3885...0e610d5cc8.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGbWjiIWsAAasKy.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGbWjgmWkAERdY_.jpg

gallery from the DRF
Erhvervsfremstød i Frankrig - dag 3 | Kongehuset
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 10-09-2019, 02:34 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,800
This visit is coming to an end and it has been very well covered in the Danish press!
My guess is because this is so very much about business and export as well as culture, so it covers a number of areas the papers here in particular devote space to.

So far there has been no elaboration as to M&F's plans about having their children study abroad for a period. But rest assured at the first opportunity M&F will be asked to go into more details.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:09 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,800
I will leave it to our esteemed moderators as to whether this belongs in a fashion thread.

It's basically an article interviewing Heaven LeeMiller from the fashion blog UFO, who is praising Mary's attire to high heaven.
But what may be more of immediate interest to this forum are the photos:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprinses...nterer-danmark
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 10-09-2019, 05:11 PM
Majesty
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: san diego, United States
Posts: 8,577
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic View Post
A calendar entry was added yesterday

Kronprinsparret deltager i middag med H.E. Præsident Macron og fr. Brigitte Macron | Kongehuset

The Crown Prince Couple attends a dinner with HE President Macron and Mrs Brigitte Macron, 9 pm, nothing mentioned as to where it was.


Added: It's also on President Macron's calendar

"Dîner avec le Prince Héritier Frederik de Danemark et la Princesse Héritière Mary de Danemark."
And now we get a picture
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3aI-yoA...campaign=dlfix

The Crown Prince couple has just returned from their visit to Paris, where their Royal Highnesses have represented Denmark in the French capital over three days.
On Monday evening, the Crown Prince and Crown Princess attended a dinner with His Excellency President Macron and Fr. Brigitte Macron. Here is an image from the evening
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 10-10-2019, 12:53 AM
Tarlita's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Near Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 1,850
Thanks to everyone who posted links. I have enjoyed following their visit to Paris. Mary has looked wonderful throughout. It is the first time I have seen Frederik wearing glasses and my first thought was that he looked like an older Harry Potter. And I mean that nicely. This couple do a great job representing their country.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 10-13-2019, 03:04 PM
Muhler's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Eastern Jutland, Denmark
Posts: 12,800
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2019.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

This covers the first part of M&F's visit to Paris.

Accompanied by a business delegation from 50 Danish companies as well as a couple of government ministers M&F arrived in Paris to their first meeting with the press: At La Grande Arche in the business district of La Defense.
In the warm weather (20 degrees C) Mary wore a dress by Ole Yde in the French colors and in the company of the French Foreign Minister, Jean-Yves Le Drian.
The whole purpose of the visit was to assist Danish companies in establishing a foothold in the French market, with Danish designers and architects in the forefront.
The French have in particular showed an interest in Danish solutions in regards to care - hospital-care, care for elderly and care for children. It is no secret that these areas are a considerable drain on the GNP of most countries in the world, so the French are interested in ways of doing that better and more efficient - for the same price or less.
For that reason Mary visited the Hospital Europeen Georges-Pmpidou, where she posed outside in front of the Eiffel Tower - which no one but Mary seemed to notice... As well as a sign with: Don't step on the grass.
A be-speckled Frederik gave the first of two, highly praised speeches in French, where he mentioned the latest terror attack in France:
"The Crown Princess and I are also deeply moved by the sudden and violent loss of four police officers, who every day have fought to maintain safety in this country. Officers who work to secure events like the one we have here today. Our thoughts are with those near to them and their families."

M&F were the guests of honor at the 30th anniversary of La Grande Arche, designed by the Danish architect, Johan Otto von Spreckelsen in the evening of the first day.

Before that M&F had dinner with the French President and the First Lady.

Receiving Mary at the Elysee Palais was incidentally Madame Macron's very first official job as First Lady. So they do know each other all four of them. President Macron of course from his visit to DK not that long ago.

And you can fest your eyes on the scans here:
https://app.box.com/s/cgnpg6ysjnf4z8npkfv6znjgu48tsodv
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 10-14-2019, 12:44 AM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2019.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

This covers the first part of M&F's visit to Paris.

Accompanied by a business delegation from 50 Danish companies as well as a couple of government ministers M&F arrived in Paris to their first meeting with the press: At La Grande Arche in the business district of La Defense.
In the warm weather (20 degrees C) Mary wore a dress by Ole Yde in the French colors and in the company of the French Foreign Minister, Jean-Yves Le Drian.
The whole purpose of the visit was to assist Danish companies in establishing a foothold in the French market, with Danish designers and architects in the forefront.
The French have in particular showed an interest in Danish solutions in regards to care - hospital-care, care for elderly and care for children. It is no secret that these areas are a considerable drain on the GNP of most countries in the world, so the French are interested in ways of doing that better and more efficient - for the same price or less.
For that reason Mary visited the Hospital Europeen Georges-Pmpidou, where she posed outside in front of the Eiffel Tower - which no one but Mary seemed to notice... As well as a sign with: Don't step on the grass.
A be-speckled Frederik gave the first of two, highly praised speeches in French, where he mentioned the latest terror attack in France:
"The Crown Princess and I are also deeply moved by the sudden and violent loss of four police officers, who every day have fought to maintain safety in this country. Officers who work to secure events like the one we have here today. Our thoughts are with those near to them and their families."

M&F were the guests of honor at the 30th anniversary of La Grande Arche, designed by the Danish architect, Johan Otto von Spreckelsen in the evening of the first day.

Before that M&F had dinner with the French President and the First Lady.

Receiving Mary at the Elysee Palais was incidentally Madame Macron's very first official job as First Lady. So they do know each other all four of them. President Macron of course from his visit to DK not that long ago.

And you can fest your eyes on the scans here:
https://app.box.com/s/cgnpg6ysjnf4z8npkfv6znjgu48tsodv
Mange tak for the scans, Muhler! I do hope that there is a youtube of the Crown Prince's speech forthcoming, I would so love to hear his French.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary's Visit to South Korea: May 20-22, 2019 Roskilde Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 24 05-31-2019 12:56 PM
Crown Prince Frederik & Crown Princess Mary's Visit to Australia: October 24-28, 2013 dazzling Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 234 02-17-2017 07:55 AM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary's Visit to Poland: May 12-14, 2014 polyesco Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family 69 05-23-2014 01:01 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: January-October 2007 Mandy Current Events Archive 384 10-31-2007 03:37 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 468 10-11-2004 08:43 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi aristocracy armenia belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales chittagong countess of snowdon crown crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cyprus danish history denmark duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch history felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city genealogy germany head of the house henry v hill house of bourbon house of glucksburg house of orange-nassau house of saxe-coburg and gotha kiko letter lithuanian castles marriage meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism monogram naples nelson mandela bay nobel 2019 norwegian royal family official visit palaces potential areas prince harry prince of wales rumania russian imperial family saudi arabia shakespeare south africa south korea spain spanish history state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty tracts united kingdom usa


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:21 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises
×