The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-15-2012, 08:32 AM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Øøøv, en forbier - Aiiih, a miss!
Written by Ken Richter.

Jumping while wearing high heels must be a feat in itself, trying to score with a basketball at the same time, while wearing a tight dress, is almost impossible. It took six tries from Mary before she succeeded. While Frederik look on and held her handbag. (**) In between she handed over the ball to Frederik, who scored in his second attempt.
The local youth trainer, Micheal Sørensen observed: "The Crown Princess definitely has the talent for playing basket and I'd guess she has tried that while young in Australia. She was abit restricted by her clothes being a bit tight. On the other hand I could tell that the Crown Prince probably hasn't tried it that much before".

M&F started the visit at Frijsenborg Manor, where their good friends, Pernille and Bendt Wedell, lives. Here they were the guests of honor at a lunch for 60 specially invited guests.
Then they went with a steam train (***) to the town of Hinnerup. (****) where the celebrations of the 150th anniversary was in full swing, attended by a myriad of people. The theme was play, so children of all ages had been mobilized and put to work with all sorts of activities for when M&F went by.
Even the oldest resident of Hinnerup had been placed at the side of the road in order to wave to M&F. The 101 year old Arnold Madsen is however in excellent health, perhaps because he worked in the woods around Frijsenborg Manor for 43 years - and here he still lives.

The scene repeated itself later on in Hadsten.

(*) Who lives in the area, so when he walked out the door that day, he was basically at work right away.

(**) There is a picture of Frederik doing that in the article and at the same time he is a visibly proof why men shouldn't have handbags. Frederik holds the clutch/bag as if it was a brick. (Which is often what it is, considering what women put into such a thing)!

(***) A 114 year old beauty!

(****) Back in the 1800's when the railnet in DK were laid out, the line going up along Eastern Jutland, passed two insignificant villages, Hadsten and Hinnerup, and as a result of that they grew up as small railroad towns.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Mary knælede i dyb respekt - Mary knelt down in deep respect.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

On the annual Flag Day in the 5th September Mary and Frederik went to Kastellet, part of the old Copenhagen Fortress, where a ceremony was to take place. Mary arrived shortly before her husband.
They listened to a speech by Foreign Minister Villy Søvndal (*) that visibly moved M&F.
Then they laid a wreath in honour of those soldiers, policemen and others who have fallen while serving abroad.

After lunch there was a memorial service at Holmens Kirke (the naval church) also attended by M&F.
And then it was on to the square in front of Christiansborg (the Parliament), where there was a parade, inspected by Frederik. (**)
Then they listened to a number of speeches wittnessed by several hundred soldiers and even more relatives, ex-servicemen, guests and onlookers. A little break in the somber occasion took place when the head of the police, Jens Henrik Højbjerg gave his speech. It was windy and suddenly the papers with the speech flew away, and while attempting to catch the papers his cap flew, to the amusement and applause of those present. Including Mary and the Minister of Defence.
The poor policeman manged to retrieve his cap and his speech with the help of a TV-guy.

(*) He is also less than reverently known as Villy Sleepvalley or Villy Schlafenthal.

(**) As Crown Prince, Frederik was the direct representant of the Commander-in-Chief, Queen Margrethe, that alone meant he outranked everybody else, even though Frederik is only a colonel and there were several generals present.

Old 09-16-2012, 02:12 AM
Royal Highness

thank you Muhler for the translations and the extra tiblets/history.

Do we know why Frederik and Mary arrived separately to the first flag day event? maybe mary and or frederik doing the morning school run?

Old 12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
Royal Highness

Barely returned to Denmark, Frederik and Mary, today receives the Danish participants from the Paralympics 2012 to a reception
http://i2-images1.tv2net.dk/s/44/346...bdf4d49ec.jpeg
http://i2-images3.tv2net.dk/s/46/346...f2d20f7de.jpeg
http://i2-images3.tv2net.dk/s/48/346...fbf489787.jpeg
http://i2-images1.tv2net.dk/s/50/346...3163eb2ec.jpeg
http://i2-images2.tv2net.dk/s/59/346...4b666483d.jpeg
http://i2-images2.tv2net.dk/s/57/346...bb64ba8d4.jpeg
http://i2-images1.tv2net.dk/s/55/346...71a59f305.jpeg

TV2 has an article and a great gallery

Article: Frederik og Mary hyldede OL-helte - TV 2 Nyhederne

The gallery: TV 2 Gallery
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two more galleries from today:

** bt.dk: Se billederne: Kronprinsparret moedte ol deltagere **

** sn.dk: Kronprinsparret hilse på OL-handicappede **
Old 12-10-2012, 05:12 PM
Royal Highness

thanks for the links.
they both look good after their 3 day visit to China.
Old 12-10-2012, 08:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post
Thank you Both Mary and Frederik look really great and happy to meet the participants.

BT has an article too. One of the guests at the reception said that it was a very cozy and informal arrangement
Mary og Frederik mødte handicap-helte - Royale | www.bt.dk
Old 12-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Nice to see Mary attending this event. Frederik was scheduled to meet with them alone.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

The calendar entry at the official website must have been changed then, since last week I've seen both of them listed.

Basically the same pics here: ppe gallery
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Nice to see Mary attending this event. Frederik was scheduled to meet with them alone.
I noticed that often Kronprinsparret gets translated to crown prince when it should be crown prince couple.

But on the official calendar it had it listed as Kronprinsparret.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
I noticed that often Kronprinsparret gets translated to crown prince when it should be crown prince couple.

But on the official calendar it had it listed as Kronprinsparret.
I have noticed this as well I'm pretty sure that Mary has been listed as participating from the beginning.

Here some large pictures from Kongehuset.dk, but it's pretty much the same pictures

Reception for de danske deltagere fra de paralympiske lege 2012 - Kongehuset
Old 12-13-2012, 05:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2012.
Varme håndtryk på en kold dag - Warm handshakes on a cold day.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen, just returning from China.

On a snowy and cold day M&F met the Danish participants at the Paralympic Games in London in their residence at Amalienborg.
Among them the midget (*) Bjarne Peterson, whom M&F have knwon for many years. He waded across the snow at Amalienborg Square, presumably from a taxi, so he had just time to shake the snow off his shoes before it was time to meet M&F, still with snowflakes melting in his hair and on his shulders. Bjarne Peterson is also one of the main figures in Danish Handicap Athletics Association, which is why M&F know him.
Another who met M&F was the equestrian, Annika Lykke-Dalskov, who is partially paralyzed, she went on TV later that day and told visibly moved how much it meant to her to meet M&F and to be appreciated - after no doubt a very hard period of her life.

(*) I'm not up to date with the current political correct expression, but here in DK they are called dværge = midgets/dwarves without anyone being offended.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Another who met M&F was the equestrian, Annika Lykke-Dalskov, who is partially paralyzed, she went on TV later that day and told visibly moved how much it meant to her to meet M&F and to appreciated - after no doubt a very hard period of her life.

(*) I'm not up to date with the current political correct expression, but here in DK they are called dværge = midgets/dwarves without anyone being offended.
that is very sweet to read
I think i remember her from the Olympics. Frederik went to her event and she recieved a hug from him.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:51 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post
that is very sweet to read
I think i remember her from the Olympics. Frederik went to her event and she recieved a hug from him.
Yes I remember her too

http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/006...nd_675449a.jpg
Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roskilde View Post
thank you Roskilde
thats just the picture I was thinking of. She looked so emotional and happy
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Royal Highness

A five-hour long direct show on our channel DR1 has just ended. DR1 transmitted a big show to collect money for Africa. A collection they make each year. You will maybe remember that Frederik and Mary participated in the shows in the other years And the Danes gets each year collected a great deal of money.

Also this year supported Frederik and Mary with money from their own foundation and there were shown clips and interviews with both Frederik and Mary. Frederik was interviewed during his run yesterday and he told about his trip to Mozambique. Mary told us about her trip to Mozambique in November last year and how she could see that the projects help. It shows us a pretty sweet moment of Mary with a little baby boy

I have to get up very early tomorrow and I haven't time to write more right now. Perhaps others will?

You can see interviews with both Frederik and Mary here:

Video: H.K.H Kronprinsessen i Mozambique - Kongehuset

Video: H.K.H. Kronprinsen løber for Danmarks Indsamling - Kongehuset

And some information from the court
Kongelige fonde støtter Danmarks Indsamling - Kongehuset
Old 03-19-2013, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary this afternoon, March 19, attended the International Authors' Stage event to mark the publication of Kofi Annan's memoir "A life in war and peace" in Copenhagen, followed by an official dinner with Kofi Annan at a restaurant in the evening.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **
Old 03-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

thank you Iceflower

I look forward to reading the book someday.
Mary and Frederik looked good with nice smiles, after a long tour and flight home from Chile

http://media.tumblr.com/8b337ca8245d...UMn1qz4rgp.jpg

http://media.tumblr.com/65213d1d8544...TG11qz4rgp.jpg
Old 03-20-2013, 02:05 AM
Courtier

Nice to see Mary&Frederik back in Denmark again, they look very nice and fresh after the long flight home. I really like these two <3 I look forward to see photos from the dinner also.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:53 AM
Super Moderator

Here's another gallery from yesterday:

** tv2.dk GALLERI: Kofi Annan i Danmark - 20. marts 2013 **

** billedbladet.dk: Frederik og Mary mødte Kofi Annan ** translation **
Old 03-20-2013, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Three more pics from yesterday

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...63057467_n.jpg

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto...91983202_n.jpg

http://i2-images1.tv2net.dk/s/98/369...c15c08095.jpeg