Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: Sept 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary Current Events
Part 9

The previous can be found here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:
Royal House of Denmark Mod's

Crown Princely Couple visit Hinnerup & Hadsten: September 8, 2012

September 8
The Crown Prince Couple participate in byjubilæer in Favrskov Municipality at 11:00.

PROGRAM FOR THE ROYAL COUPLE VISITED HINNERUP AND HADSTEN ON 8TH SEPTEMBER 2012

Frijsenborg Estate
Kl. 11.00
Crown Prince arrives in Frijsenborg Estate, which Mayor Nils Borring and Count Bendt Wedell is hosting a lunch.

Kl. 12.30
Royal Couple running in vintage cars from Frijsenborg Goods by Linen Hinnerup.

HINNERUP
Kl. 13.00
Crown Prince arrives in vintage cars to Hinnerup where Hinnerup Garden accept.

Kl. 13.07
Crown Prince attends Hinnerup Choir and Kreaktiv-choir singing "September's skies are so blue" on an outdoor stage at Store Street 12th

Kl. 13.15
Tour at the square, which included will be gymnastic and zumbaworkshop, boxing with sumo suits and Panna football (one-on-one football).

Kl. 13.40
Crown Prince visiting an art workshop where children and adults make art. Six local artists stands for the workshop, which is housed in a farm area and in a former shop local.

Kl. 13.55
Crown Prince visits Hinnerup Library and Cultural Centre, where activities for children, including games from the old days and singing games for children in cooperation with kindergartens and music school in Favrskov Municipality.

Kl. 14.25
HRH Crown Prince reveals the first part of a memorial made by children from Hinnerup Billedskole in collaboration with artist Line Frøslev.

Kl. 14.46
Royal Couple running with veteran from Hinnerup Station to Hadsten Station. In connection with the departure marks the train's whistle marking the beginning of "150-year course", a run from Hinnerup to Hadsten.

HADSTEN
Kl. 14.55
Crown Prince arrives with vintage train to Hadsten Station, where Randers Railway Orchestra plays on arrival.

Kl. 15.05
Crown Prince visits Modelbane Europe, one of the largest computer-controlled model railways.

Kl. 15.30
On Søndergade is a series of pictures a historical timeline, as Crown Prince inspect. After the trip through Søndergade continued by Evald Tang All, as the various "modern play activities" with segways, beachminton, street and stomp.

Kl. 16.00
Crown Prince continues into the Ernst B. Sunds Square, where activities with music, theater and old-fashioned craftsmanship.

Kl. 16.15
HRH Crown Princess reveals the second part of the memorial made by children from The Crooked Billedskole in Hadsten in collaboration with artist Line Frøslev the same idea, model and shape of the memorial in Hinnerup.

Mayor Nils Borring thank you for your visit in Hinnerup and Hadsten and hands over a gift to Crown Princess.

Kl. 16.30
Royal Couple say goodbye to Favrskov Municipality, while Hinnerup Garden plays.
Source: Kongehuset - Forside

First picture from today
http://www.imagebam.com/image/625ea4209772377

Last edited:
Calgary??

Is it the town of Hadsten that has been Google translated to Calgary? :lol:

Hadsten and Hinnerup are two towns located between Aarhus and Randers in Eastern Jutland.
In fact in a few years Hinnerup will be swallowed up by Aarhus.

They started out by visiting Frijsenborg Manor (*), owned by the Wedell family, with which the DRF are very familiar. In fact they use to go hunting at Frijsenborg in the days after Christmas, when they stay at Marselisborg.
You may remember how Frederik took Christian hunting, a year or two ago at Frijsenborg Manor.

(*) Google again! The name of the estate is indeed Frijsenborg Gods, which in this context = Frijsenborg Manor.
Gods can indeed mean (large) goods, but it can also mean a small to medium sized manor.
Slot, as in Marselisborg Slot and Schackenborg Slot, means a larger manor up to a palace. A palatial building.
Who said Danish is easy? ;)

Here is the local newspaper: Frederik og Mary kiggede lige forbi - Favrskovposten

And the coverage of Mary and Frederik's visit is of course massive.
Sorry, I haven't got time to dig out individual galleries and articles.

I'll leave that to someone else. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Muhler for the correction. You can never know with these translations. Titled changed.

Thanks for posting all the pictures and video. Mary definately had a disadvantage wearing heels and a coat during the basketball segment!

Great pictures! As to what they were doing in one of the pictures, my guess would be that Frederik got something stuck in his eye, and Mary was being helpful in getting it out :D. Or, she just wanted to touch his face.

A video of the visit covered by a reporter from the local newspaper.
Favrskovposten: Web-tv - Politikens Lokalaviser: Indslag fra de lokale Nyhedspatruljer - favrskov.lokalavisen.dk

It's about 6 minutes long and it provides a great look at the near chaos when a royal visit takes place.
Living in a very small town myself such a celebration is very amateurish and as such a lot of fun.
Actually I find it so much more charming and natural, than if people were lined up behind cords dressed in their finest and everything had to be formal and stiff and strictly according to schedule

One of the most charming details of this visit, was when Mary stood behind a small boy, who was painting a small figure in a green color, there was more paint on his hand, than on the figure. :lol:

After having said goodbye, M&F left for a field, where a fast helicopter (Fennec) took them to Copenhagen.

The only thing I lament is that we didn't see enough of that beautiful, beautiful steamtrain M&F drove in from town to town.

A little detail: Notice at the beginning when M&F are being recieved at Frijsenborg Manor, there are two men dressed in green uniforms, who open the doors of the limousine. They are official Jägers of the estate. Equivalent to ghillies on large Scottish estates. Beforehand that uniform was their official workclothes and they even went to war in those uniforms, with their own rifles, where they were attached to infantry regiments as snipers.
The short sword is a hunting-sword, a Hirschfänger.

Last edited:
Indeed a very interesting video, Muhler.

The crowds present were really huge, but I guess this was also because of the festivities and not just because the cp couple turned up.

Do you have any idea how long the helicopter flight 'back home' took?

Indeed a very interesting video, Muhler.

The crowds present were really huge, but I guess this was also because of the festivities and not just because the cp couple turned up.

Do you have any idea how long the helicopter flight 'back home' took?

M&F turning up meant a lot! Believe me, a royal visit to a small town, and on top of that when they are celebrating a jubilee. Oh yes!
That means a massive turn-out. Not to mention that there would have been quite a lot of visitors from Aarhus and Randers and the surrounding area.
A mix of local patriotism and curiosity.

It was a nice touch that they invited Christian for the next jubilee in 25 or 50 years from now.

The Fennec is a fast helicopter, so I'd estimate they were back in Copenhagen in 45-60 minutes.

ADDED: Galleries from Faverskov Post: http://favrskov.lokalavisen.dk/apps...RSKOV&ArtNo=908009997&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=17

http://favrskov.lokalavisen.dk/apps...908009996&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=2&Profile=1492

The baloons Mary launched, contained gift certificates.

In Picture number six in the second gallery, Mary is offered homemade pastry from an admirer. Well, the admirer's mother in fact, because in the last minute, the girl who made them (pic 5) lost courage.
Anita in pic #7, had made at nice drawing to Mary, and she managed to present it. (See pic #8).

Notice how Frederik, very prudently, put his hands in his pockets so that he wouldn't present a cold hand, when he shook hand with someone.

Last edited:
A video of the visit covered by a reporter from the local newspaper.
Favrskovposten: Web-tv - Politikens Lokalaviser: Indslag fra de lokale Nyhedspatruljer - favrskov.lokalavisen.dk

It's about 6 minutes long and it provides a great look at the near chaos when a royal visit takes place.
Living in a very small town myself such a celebration is very amateurish and as such a lot of fun.
Actually I find it so much more charming and natural, than if people were lined up behind cords dressed in their finest and everything had to be formal and stiff and strictly according to schedule

One of the most charming details of this visit, was when Mary stood behind a small boy, who was painting a small figure in a green color, there was more paint on his hand, than on the figure. :lol:

After having said goodbye, M&F left for a field, where a fast helicopter (Fennec) took them to Copenhagen.

The only thing I lament is that we didn't see enough of that beautiful, beautiful steamtrain M&F drove in from town to town.

A little detail: Notice at the beginning when M&F are being recieved at Frijsenborg Manor, there are two men dressed in green uniforms, who open the doors of the limousine. They are official Jägers of the estate. Equivalent to ghillies on large Scottish estates. Beforehand that uniform was their official workclothes and they even went to war in those uniforms, with their own rifles, where they were attached to infantry regiments as snipers.
The short sword is a hunting-sword, a Hirschfänger.
Thank you so much, as always Muhler. A small question: why the dance with the broomsticks? I much enjoyed this video, indeed a good overview of a short but sweet Royal visit. :flowers:

M&F turning up meant a lot! Believe me, a royal visit to a small town, and on top of that when they are celebrating a jubilee. Oh yes!
That means a massive turn-out. Not to mention that there would have been quite a lot of visitors from Aarhus and Randers and the surrounding area.
A mix of local patriotism and curiosity.

It was a nice touch that they invited Christian for the next jubilee in 25 or 50 years from now.
Notice how Frederik, very prudently, put his hands in his pockets so that he wouldn't present a cold hand, when he shook hand with someone.

thank you Muhler :flowers:. Frederik is very considerate to keep his hands warm for others. ;)

Nice to see these type of events. Mary and Frederik are great IMO at these type of events where they are close to the people.

Very sweet for the towns to invite Christian for the next jubilee.

Thank you so much, as always Muhler. A small question: why the dance with the broomsticks? I much enjoyed this video, indeed a good overview of a short but sweet Royal visit. :flowers:

I think they were inspired by the group Stomp that uses all kinds of everyday items as music instruments.
Good for the children's creativity, - even better for the budget....:p

You are welcome Polyesco & Gerry. :)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Øøøv, en forbier - Aiiih, a miss!
Written by Ken Richter.

Jumping while wearing high heels must be a feat in itself, trying to score with a basketball at the same time, while wearing a tight dress, is almost impossible. It took six tries from Mary before she succeeded. While Frederik look on and held her handbag. (**) In between she handed over the ball to Frederik, who scored in his second attempt.
The local youth trainer, Micheal Sørensen observed: "The Crown Princess definitely has the talent for playing basket and I'd guess she has tried that while young in Australia. She was abit restricted by her clothes being a bit tight. On the other hand I could tell that the Crown Prince probably hasn't tried it that much before".

M&F started the visit at Frijsenborg Manor, where their good friends, Pernille and Bendt Wedell, lives. Here they were the guests of honor at a lunch for 60 specially invited guests.
Then they went with a steam train (***) to the town of Hinnerup. (****) where the celebrations of the 150th anniversary was in full swing, attended by a myriad of people. The theme was play, so children of all ages had been mobilized and put to work with all sorts of activities for when M&F went by.
Even the oldest resident of Hinnerup had been placed at the side of the road in order to wave to M&F. The 101 year old Arnold Madsen is however in excellent health, perhaps because he worked in the woods around Frijsenborg Manor for 43 years - and here he still lives.

The scene repeated itself later on in Hadsten.

(*) Who lives in the area, so when he walked out the door that day, he was basically at work right away.

(**) There is a picture of Frederik doing that in the article and at the same time he is a visibly proof why men shouldn't have handbags. Frederik holds the clutch/bag as if it was a brick. (Which is often what it is, considering what women put into such a thing)!

(***) A 114 year old beauty!

(****) Back in the 1800's when the railnet in DK were laid out, the line going up along Eastern Jutland, passed two insignificant villages, Hadsten and Hinnerup, and as a result of that they grew up as small railroad towns.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2012.
Mary knælede i dyb respekt - Mary knelt down in deep respect.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

On the annual Flag Day in the 5th September Mary and Frederik went to Kastellet, part of the old Copenhagen Fortress, where a ceremony was to take place. Mary arrived shortly before her husband.
They listened to a speech by Foreign Minister Villy Søvndal (*) that visibly moved M&F.
Then they laid a wreath in honour of those soldiers, policemen and others who have fallen while serving abroad.

After lunch there was a memorial service at Holmens Kirke (the naval church) also attended by M&F.
And then it was on to the square in front of Christiansborg (the Parliament), where there was a parade, inspected by Frederik. (**)
Then they listened to a number of speeches wittnessed by several hundred soldiers and even more relatives, ex-servicemen, guests and onlookers. A little break in the somber occasion took place when the head of the police, Jens Henrik Højbjerg gave his speech. It was windy and suddenly the papers with the speech flew away, and while attempting to catch the papers his cap flew, to the amusement and applause of those present. Including Mary and the Minister of Defence.
The poor policeman manged to retrieve his cap and his speech with the help of a TV-guy.

(*) He is also less than reverently known as Villy Sleepvalley or Villy Schlafenthal.

(**) As Crown Prince, Frederik was the direct representant of the Commander-in-Chief, Queen Margrethe, that alone meant he outranked everybody else, even though Frederik is only a colonel and there were several generals present.

:previous:thank you Muhler for the translations and the extra tiblets/history.

Do we know why Frederik and Mary arrived separately to the first flag day event? maybe mary and or frederik doing the morning school run?

thanks for the links. :flowers:
they both look good after their 3 day visit to China.

Nice to see Mary attending this event. Frederik was scheduled to meet with them alone.

:previous:

The calendar entry at the official website must have been changed then, since last week I've seen both of them listed.

Basically the same pics here: ppe gallery

Nice to see Mary attending this event. Frederik was scheduled to meet with them alone.

I noticed that often Kronprinsparret gets translated to crown prince when it should be crown prince couple. :flowers:

But on the official calendar it had it listed as Kronprinsparret.:)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #50, 2012.
Varme håndtryk på en kold dag - Warm handshakes on a cold day.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen, just returning from China.

On a snowy and cold day M&F met the Danish participants at the Paralympic Games in London in their residence at Amalienborg.
Among them the midget (*) Bjarne Peterson, whom M&F have knwon for many years. He waded across the snow at Amalienborg Square, presumably from a taxi, so he had just time to shake the snow off his shoes before it was time to meet M&F, still with snowflakes melting in his hair and on his shulders. Bjarne Peterson is also one of the main figures in Danish Handicap Athletics Association, which is why M&F know him.
Another who met M&F was the equestrian, Annika Lykke-Dalskov, who is partially paralyzed, she went on TV later that day and told visibly moved how much it meant to her to meet M&F and to be appreciated - after no doubt a very hard period of her life.

(*) I'm not up to date with the current political correct expression, but here in DK they are called dværge = midgets/dwarves without anyone being offended.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom