Old 02-23-2008, 08:28 PM
Gentry

DR video update
Støtte til kronprinsen - dr.dk/NETTV/Update
All the best Mitchell

Old 02-24-2008, 04:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the link, Mitchell

Queen Margrethe has given her support to the Crown Prince and his wish to be a member of the IOC. Here's an article from BT.dk which details the Queen's thoughts.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Here is an interesting article regarding Frederik, the Olympics, and the IOC from Berlingske Tidende. A summary will come later... sorry about that. in the meantime, watch this.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Heir Apparent

The Danish prime minister mentioned today that while nothing has been decided from official Danish hold regarding attendance at the opening ceremony of the olympics, it is clear that if the Danish government decide to boycott it - it would also mean that CP Frederik would not be in attendance.

This comes after some time of unclear answers from Fogh Rasmussen on the subject, where he first said that the Crown Prince could go even if the government decide not to - and then he said that it would be problematic if he did.

Fogh: Frederik skal ikke til OL uden os - Danmark
Old 08-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

BT.dk has an article that states that it is very likely that Frederik will be selected to be part of the IOC:

Jeg er klar til IOC - Royale - BT.dk

The article talks about an interview that the crown prince gave to the paper. He states that he feels "prepared and ready for the task", and that he has spent a very long time preparing himself; so long that the "task is under the skin". He gave a 2 hour interview to BT, which will be available Sunday, where he talks about his plans, feelings and issues regarding the IOC.

And another article that talks about the IOC process and Frederik's role in it:
http://www.sporten.dk/ol/frederik-jeg-er-klar-til-ioc

And another article that talks about the Crown Prince becoming an official IOC candidate:
http://avisen.dk/kronprinsen-officie...oc_111999.aspx
Old 08-14-2009, 07:28 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Can't wait for October now.
It would be wonderful to see him become Denmarks IOC representative.
Old 08-14-2009, 10:05 AM
Heir Apparent

BT also has an article that talks about a survey conducted of Danes regarding whether or not they feel that it is okay for the Crown Prince to be able to discuss political issues within the IOC.
Frederik må gerne snakke politik - Danmark - BT.dk

56% of those surveyed think it's okay for him to do this. Of those surveyed, the majority of older Danes (55% of those over 60) feel that it is not okay at all, while younger generations see no problem with this. The article also states that now that Frederik has been named an official candidate, being named to the committee is now only a mere formality.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

I dont see why it is a problem for him to discuss political issues, given that the DRF has no real political power in Denmark. But then again, maybe I am missing something.
Old 08-14-2009, 06:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I wasn't sure about that either. I couldn't tell if they meant that he could discuss IOC political issues or Danish political issues. Since I am not a Danish speaker, I wasn't sure if something was getting lost in translation. It was also confusing to me.

Meanwhile, msn.dk has some highlights of the interview:
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=60236

Frederik talks about how he and Mary are of a new generation of royals. He talks about how he doesn't see a problem with moving into new ventures, and how he has learned to deal with criticism and to feel more comfortable with the press. He also talks about his love of sports, and how he plans to focus on health through sports.
Old 08-16-2009, 05:51 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Another article which I have alread used a translator to translate it
Old 08-16-2009, 06:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
Another article which I have alread used a translator to translate it
Mary a perfectonist, never would have guessed. A very beautiful article. The bit about China is interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Meanwhile, msn.dk has some highlights of the interview:
Kronprins Frederik: Jeg tror på mig selv nu - MSN Starlounge
Wonderful pictures sgl.
Old 08-16-2009, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Here's an article that says that Mary is Frederik's greatest support, but also a fierce critic:
Frederik: Mary er en benhård kritiker - Danmark

The night before official functions, the two often spend time reading their speeches to each other, and offering feedback. Frederik helps Mary to practice the Danish language. He says that of the two, "Mary is the perfectionist".

And another article (in English) that talks about Frederik's chances for the IOC:
http://jp.dk/uknews/article1784286.ece
Old 08-18-2009, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

If he gets the appointment to the IOC, Crown Prince Frederik would not be the only royal on the IOC:
Frederik de Danemark postule pour le CIO | Noblesse & Royautés
Some of the royals who have been/are involved with the IOC are:
Princess Nora of Lichtenstein
Prince Albert of Monaco
Princess Anne of Great Britain
Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg
Princess Haya of Jordan
Old 08-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Prince’s IOC bid all but certain

One can only hope that frederik will do something constructive on the board in case he gets elected. if not he'll be in good company - the IOC doesn't have the best reputation to put it politely and its members are no strangers to controversy, just to name the usual corruption claims and obsure behind-the-scenes decisions. There has been an improvement since Rogge took over, under Samaranch the governing body of the IOC became one big corrupt mess losing almost all of its credibility.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

According to this article, Crown Prince Frederik is currently taking media training in order to improve his speech, and to avoid gaffes during his candidacy for the IOC:
Kronprins Frederik skal på kur mod sort snak - Avisen.dk
Old 08-23-2009, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

When will the votes come out, when will the meeting take place?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
When will the votes come out, when will the meeting take place?
The meeting takes place on October 1-9. I haven't seen anything about the voting process. The sessions in which the members and president are elected take place during 7-9 October, according to the IOC website:
http://www.2009olympiccongress.com/i...oc-session.htm
Old 08-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
The meeting takes place on October 1-9. I haven't seen anything about the voting process. The sessions in which the members and president are elected take place during 7-9 October, according to the IOC website:
Programme for the 121st IOC Session - 121st IOC Session and XIII Olympic Congress in Copenhagen 2009
How long does the term last? isnt it a few years.
Old 08-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

According to Wikipedia (which may or may not be 100% accurate), each member is elected for an 8-year term. He or she may be elected again after their 8 years are up.