Crown Prince Couple's Prize 2005-2012, 2014-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actress Sonja Richter received the main prize tonight from the crown prince couple's foundation - half a million Danish kroner.

Sonja Richter played a leading part in Susanne Bier's Open Hearts - the 8th socalled 'Dogme film' - and it was the big break-through for Richter.

Just wondering, how much in euros or dollars are the Danish Kroner? Since I lost my guilders I have little knowledge about the exchange rates.
What kind of movie is it btw, art-house or more polular stuff (or one of these rare combinations)?

Just wondering, how much in euros or dollars are the Danish Kroner? Since I lost my guilders I have little knowledge about the exchange rates.
What kind of movie is it btw, art-house or more polular stuff (or one of these rare combinations)?
DKK 500,000 should be approx. 67,000 euros according to XE.com.

The Open Heart movie? Well it is one of the socalled Dogme movies - the ones that are subjected to 'wows of chastity' or the 10 commandments which dictate use of only hand-held cameras, no use of props, no dubbed sound tracks, no special lightning and effects etc. (there is more about this particular style of movie-making here: Lars and his one-cam cult| Film | This is London)

I liked Open Hearts; it became a big success in Denmark - more so I think than some of Lars von Trier's dogme movies (he is one of the orginators of this concept). I haven't seen all Trier's movies - some of them are too 'arty-farty' for me, I confess ;)

If you want to see a dogme movie I can recommend Open Hearts - and even more Thomas Vinterberg's The Celebration (in Danish: Festen). I still haven't forgotten the impact this movie and it's theme made on me when I watched it for the first time. It is from 1998 - The Celebration - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This is surely a movie, I can recommend...even though it´s everything, but easy to "digest"

And to do a TRF comment...I like her dress ;)
Classy black is never bad...esp. not on TV screen...
Definitely not easy to digest!
It has been turned into a theater play now by the way - 20.000 vil se Festen i teatret - Worldnews.com - apparently the play had already sold 20,000 tickets by the time rehearsals started - not bad :)

This is surely a movie, I can recommend...even though it´s everything, but easy to "digest"

And to do a TRF comment...I like her dress ;)
Classy black is never bad...esp. not on TV screen...

I don't think commenting on the clothes of royals is a characteristic for TRF only, I have seen it at all royalty forums and message boards I know, apart from the Alexanderpalace forum that has another focus (Romanovs mainly). But as long as we can find a balance between discussing the purpose and the clothes it isn't a problem IMHO.

Thanks for the comments and explanation about the movie (you and UserDene), I think I will have time to look for it tomorrow, there is one of these alternative (anything non-anglo-saxon is considered alternative here) moviecenters where they might have it close to my university.

What is the idea behind the prize? Can the actress keep the 67.000 euros for herself or does it have a (usefull) catch to it? They have to use it for a certain course, master class etc.

Last edited:
About the Prize, is the prize money a fixed amount every year or does it change?

It is only the 3rd time the prize is handed out, but as far as I know it has been the same amount each time.

Thank you for the pictures :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
It is only the 3rd time the prize is handed out, but as far as I know it has been the same amount each time.

Thank you for the pictures :flowers:

You're welcome, and thanks for the answer! :flowers:

I read that Crownprincess Mary gave a speech. Last year - when she gave that speech - the critic started, that her Danish is very bad.
Is it better now?
Has anybody heard the speech (this year)?

I read that Crownprincess Mary gave a speech. Last year - when she gave that speech - the critic started, that her Danish is very bad.
Is it better now?
Has anybody heard the speech (this year)?

Some Danish members on another board have said that her Danish was quite good, but her accent makes it hard to understand some words :)

Some Danish members on another board have said that her Danish was quite good, but her accent makes it hard to understand some words :)

Thanks for the information.
I think, they said the same last year. :)

Wasn't this an evening event? It looks a little light out still in the pic of them arriving but if it was an evening event I have to say I'm not loving her hair. The dress is interesting, not sure I'm liking the neckline part and the way it's lined. But it just seems that the overall appearance is not consistent for Mary. The hair looks a little to daytime, in my possibly very odd opinion! The style of the hair just doesn't match with the overall look I think she might have been going for.

However, I must say it is nice to see them back in Denmark! Just a different vibe.

She lost the pearl off her right earring :ohmy: I actually like the dress, it's something I could also wear :flowers: minus maybe some of the flower patches on the mid-body part for me. The ones at the bottom are very nice. I love the shoes too :wub:

Last edited:
She lost the pearl off her right earring :ohmy: I actually like the dress, it's something I could also wear :flowers: minus maybe some of the flower patches on the mid-body part for me. The ones at the bottom are very nice. I love the shoes too :wub:
No, she didn't lose the pearl on the right. The gold butterfly is larger on that side than the one on the left where the pearl is hanging from.

Not one of my favorite looks in terms of jewelry from Marianne Dulong but perhaps Marianne is trying to start a new trend?

-Ayvee

Wasn't this an evening event? It looks a little light out still in the pic of them arriving but if it was an evening event I have to say I'm not loving her hair. The dress is interesting, not sure I'm liking the neckline part and the way it's lined. But it just seems that the overall appearance is not consistent for Mary. The hair looks a little to daytime, in my possibly very odd opinion! The style of the hair just doesn't match with the overall look I think she might have been going for.

However, I must say it is nice to see them back in Denmark! Just a different vibe.
Yes, it was an evening event - held at the new opera:)

Thanks all for the lovely pictures. Mary shinned this evening. What a beautiful choice of dress. Some funny pictures were taken at this event. anyone knows what was so funny? many pictures showed Mary & Fred giggling/laughing.

Madeleine Glindorf has some lovely pictures from the event so does stef.projectjj.com

Danish royal watchers have articles, pictures & links to the crown prince & crown princess's speeches but in Danish

Last edited:
She has a natural beauty and a lovely smile! Her dress is fantastic and suit very well to the occasion!!

No, she didn't lose the pearl on the right. The gold butterfly is larger on that side than the one on the left where the pearl is hanging from.

Not one of my favorite looks in terms of jewelry from Marianne Dulong but perhaps Marianne is trying to start a new trend?

-Ayvee

So there was never a pearl on the right (wearer) earring? :neutral: It just looks strange with only one pearl.....

Did anybody notice that the lady who won the award, her dress (the vest part) looks like Mary's dress? Maybe I am imagining things but the material is very similar and so are the flowers on the dress.

Hi Saphire,

I noticed it too, especially after watching a video clip on one of the Danish sites (dr1, I think) but after looking closely at Madeleine's photo, especially pic13, you'll see that the flower applique is different on both dresses. It is uncanny though that Princess Mary's dress and Sonia's vest had the same floral applique on their outfits but perhaps this is a trend in Denmark.

-Ayvee

-Ayvee

I don't care for this type of an earring. It looks as if they're two different ones. I loved Mary's dress though. She looked great!

Mary looks fab and I like the dress, however, I think it had looked better with simple pumps and nude stockings - she shoes have some applications so it's a bit too much. This whole earring stuff is weird - it looks wrong, fashion trend or not :rolleyes:

dress is beautiful and I love the colours of the flowers of her bouquet and her shoes and the fact that she very often does not wear stockings.
Mathilde of Belgium wears stockings even with sandals and they make her look like an old lady instead of a young woman in the prime of her life

Danish royal watchers have articles, pictures & links to the crown prince & crown princess's speeches but in Danish

dress is beautiful and I love the colours of the flowers of her bouquet and her shoes and the fact that she very often does not wear stockings.
Mathilde of Belgium wears stockings even with sandals and they make her look like an old lady instead of a young woman in the prime of her life

Hmmm ... for the stockings, if stockings, only with closed shoes. I hate stockings worn with open toe shoes or sandals :eek:
In Mary's case, it's fine as she does but I thought as the dress has applications and the shoes have applications I thought it had looked nicer with simple (closed) pumps (and stockings). Just my opinion.

It looks like she lost the pearl but has Mary is a really perfectionist I think that is fashion and the earing is just like that!!!

I have to agree I do not like this style of earrings! I think that it looks weird also.

I love the earrings. Even though they are not symmetrical, the butterfly on the side without the pearl is larger so there is still a "balance". It's certainly not a boring look, nor is it for the unadventurous. Lucky for us Mary is neither of those things.

I think Mary looked perrrfect at the theatre. Perfect combination of dress, shoes, jewels and handbag. And I love the midnightblue color on her :flowers:

I'm really loking forward to seeing them in Romania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom