Crown Prince Couple's Prize 2005-2012, 2014-2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Her beautiful midnight blue dress with black floral applique worn for the CPC Culture Prize is from Prada.

-Ayvee

Wow - she looks amazing in this dress :flowers: - gives her an all-golden glow.

Thanks for the links Jinigirl and Paty :flowers:

wow, mary certainly (and quite literally) shines in this dress. it looks marvellous and not even a bit tacky (i have always been not too keen on golden clothes and accessories thinking they are a bit too much, but this really isn't the case!).

The dress is nice and I'm glad to see Frederik's suit isn't too tight, like last time at the Arn film gala, this go around. :D

Very nice dress indeed! Very regal! But I'd love to see her hair down.

The cultural prize of DKK 500,000.00 went to sing and singwriter Tina Dichow (who thanked 'Frederik and Mary' and referred to the CP as 'Frederik' -no prince or princess there :D)

Frederik presented the cultural prize and Mary presented the humanitarian prize of DKK 250,000.00 which went to 'the morning cafe for the homeless'. She made a short speech (and another short one before Frederik's presentation) and her Danish definitely sounded good!

Lovely apperance tonight by Mary, dress could go shorter & would look nicer IMO. Frederik looks nice as well tonight, an nice fitted suit.

Very nice photos, and (judging by User Dane's comments) the event sounded like a very worthwhile event.

Lovely apperance tonight by Mary, dress could go shorter & would look nicer IMO. Frederik looks nice as well tonight, an nice fitted suit.

I thought the same about the dress. The length looks a bit strange, IMO, but she does look lovely anyways.

I have been looking around for more pictures, but haven't had any luck. Madeline Glindorf (sp.????) I know has always covered the event in the past but nothing on her website yet. I'm getting impatient (but no doubt thats due to the fact that I'm working on an assignment and the weather is closing in...)
Anyway, hope we see more pictures soon!
(I posted my thoughts on the dress in CP Mary's eveningwear thread)

EDIT: I found this site but I dont understand any of it.

Last edited:
:) I'm liking Mary's dress - but it would have been so much better if the length had been a tad shorter, this length just looks weird

Last edited:
EDIT: I found this site but I dont understand any of it.

Marmi, it is a brief summary of the presentations of the two prize winners and the reason why they were chosen. Further down there is a similarly brief summary of last years presentation to then prize winner Sonja Richter:)

thanks for those pics!!

Mary's dress is good! I like the golden colour but I would have preferred a longer dress or a shorter dress but not between those two lenght!lol

After watching the video, i think this is such a great thing for the couple to be a part of. It seems like a fun night and important too. Marys danish is very good and her dress was lovely.

Mary looked stunning. It was really a wow dress. I like the length, I think it is meant to accentuate her figure.

The dress was lovely indeed!!!!! She is starting a new year very well:flowers:

ok i have to gv my 2 cents here. I took the time to watch the video of the kulturpris. I must say Princess MAry looks every inch of the princess that she is. However i do hv 1 question, maybe some1 frm Denmark can answer me this. I notice that the main singer of the night, this guy in dark suit sang and frm wat I can gather (i dont speak Danish), he was swearing quite alot. pardon my ignorance but is this...normal?i knw Denmark is pretty open-minded but still.. to curse in frnt of royalty..

Hi,
I'm not Danish, but as a Swede living a few kilometres away from Denmark I think I can give you an answer. A band like that would normally have some swearwords in their lyrics, and if they are invited to play before royals they would not be expected to change their lyrics. I can't imagine anyone was shocked by this.

On the other hand, it would probably not have been appreciated if the singer had used swearwords when speaking directly to the royals. I know there were some discussions in the Danish media about the girl who got the culture prize this evening. She didn't use the correct royal titles in her speech, but simply said "Frederick and Mary". That was not really appropriate, although Frederik and Mary didn't show any reaction.

Can't wait for September now. I love this event, and this year it goes to a musician how wonderful. :flowers:

wow, time for this event already, time has gone fast. looking forward to it.

The next event will take place on September 19 according to the prizes site

In addition to the annual culture prize, the CP couple will also award a new bi-annual prize in the amount of 50,000 kroner each. This year's recipients are singer Nanna Fabricius aka Oh Land, and photographer Joakim Eskildsen.
TV 2 Vip - Kronprinsparret uddeler stjernedrys

Here are the first anp pics:

Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik arriving for the
distribution of Crown Prince Couple's Culture prices in DR Concert
Saturday, September 19, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Here is an article with photo of Frederik and Mary entering the concert hall:
Cellist fik halv mio. af kronprinsen - Royale - BT.dk

The article mentions the host of the event (Mikael Bertelsen) and some of the guests, including the Lord Chamberlain Per Thornit. It says that the Crown Prince and Princess were the last to enter the hall. On the way into the theatre, Crown Prince Frederik told reporters that he was looking forward to handing out the prizes.

And another photo of Frederik and Mary. They are standing with the winners of the culture prize:
http://kpn.dk/article1822710.ece

An interesting note-one of the members of the culture prize committee is Chris Minh Doky, the husband of Tanja Minh Doky, Mary's Lady-in-Waiting. He is a musician.

http://www.seoghoer.dk/Nyheder/Royalt/kronprinspris.aspx
At one point during the event, a piano needed to be moved off the stage. Crown Prince Frederik was on stage, and happily helped the musicians and host to move it. He didn't mind at all, and helped out just like anyone else, according to the article.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom