Crown Prince Couple Cruise Aboard the Dannebrog: July 26-29, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m sure I’m the only one who thinks this, but with the exception of weddings and funerals that are by nature unusual, I really find the use of carriages a bit mawkish and contrived--a bit too kitschy an image for a nation as sophisticated as Denmark. But, I’m sure it’s just me who thinks this way.

And I have a question as well: why is Fred in military garb? Is this tour somehow connected to the military? I thought royals only wore their uniforms for military events, and, again, weddings and funerals. Am I incorrect?

This couple main duty is to kiss often and in public...Do they want to prove to others that they are "in love"....

I used to like Mary in the begining..but the more she is in her role as a future queen, the more she is not that natural and is trying hard to show that she is princess...Just be yourself Mary, you are a princess by title :innocent: :innocent:

Ok this is my opinion...you are not entilted to believe in it :woot:

~More photos~

John and Susan Donaldson enjoying a carriage right curtesy of of the city of Aarhus..John Donaldson is guest professor at the University of Aarhus.

The couple enjoying an outdoor music concert

people gathered on the lawns
aerial shot of the music concert

This couple main duty is to kiss often and in public...Do they want to prove to others that they are "in love"....

It was the crowd who gathered outside that yelled ""Vi vil have et kys! Vi vil have et kys!""..and so the couple complied and gave the crowd what they demanded. :flower: I am sure the couple didn't mind though ;)

~More photos~

The couple with the mayor of Aarhus
The couple having a drink with officials
The Crown Princess signing the guest book
Crowds outside Den Gamble
Crown Prince Frederik checking out a few samples

Last edited by a moderator:
Lucys i am all with you............................................. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Turning the tables

.... the esteemed (distinguished?) guests of Aarhus whod did the hosting in the morning, stepping aboard the Dannebrog to get their just rewards.

Well, no matter what this couple does, they will be critizised....

The crowd in front of the town hall kept yelling for a kiss, and the couple really hesitated this time. That was quite obvious on tv, and the commentators discussed, that now when the "honeymoon" were over, and the couple were representatives for the royal house, they probably didn't like to be 'private' in public.

But than again. The Master of Ceremonies from the court has told the press, that this cruise visiting towns in Denmark is the possibility for people from all over Denmark to greet the couple after the wedding, because it was mainly the people of Copenhagen who celebrated the wedding.

And apparently, the people of Århus wanted their bit of the wedding spirits as well, just as the people of Greenland.

I may be able to calm someone by telling, that to my knowledge, this was the only appearence on a balcony on this tour. So this might have been the last kiss for us to see. And for my part, I enjoyed it.

Just as I enjoy the Crown Prince suddenly being able to show his feelings in public - a thing, he had never done before. I've only seen a little tear in the corner of his eye once before the engagement. Some years ago, when his grandmother in a public speech said something like this to Frederik and Joachim: "And now I'm able to calmly close me eyes, because I know, that you will do everything for Denmark".

And to me, it just makes him a lot more masculine :flower:

Just a warning: the couple actually will wave from the balcony of the townhall in Sønderborg ;)

Good for them, and the people of Sønderborg. :flower:

Chatleen  Posted: Jul 26th, 2004 - 3:01 pm

Just a warning: the couple actually will wave from the balcony of the townhall in Sønderborg
meaning in Aarhus and Odense, they will also give in to the audience, and get all caught up in a impassionate kiss that will go on and on.

And poor Sonderborg is the town at the end of the tour, no feature dinner at the end of the day, so the Crown Princely Couple will make do, and wave with all their might ?

Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 26th, 2004 - 5:01 pm
Just a warning: the couple actually will wave from the balcony of the townhall in Sønderborg ;)
That means, they will also give a kiss in the balcony :lol: :p ...
So as it was said, it is the public who demands public kisses...LOL...i am afraid they will demand something else :D :angel: and Mary and Fredie have to....:question: :woot:

Humble  Posted: Jul 26th, 2004 - 9:01 pm

So as it was said, it is the public who demands public kisses
And Frederik and Mary will oblige - like at weddings with a smart bride and groom - after, they insist the public turns to each other and kisses the other ... then and only after then will they embrace in a passionate kiss.

Ha ha ... can you see that, foreigners and strangers and neighbours and chatleen and visitors turning to each other and acquainting themselves in such a way ! :rolleyes: :p :innocent:

So much for Aarhus, the fireworks festival has come and gone.

Next up, Aalborg.

Tuesday, July 27.
10.00 am
Crown Prince Couple commence official visit in Ålborg.

Chatleen  Posted: Jul 1st, 2004 - 3:44 pm

...I want to tell you, that they visit my hometown Aalborg on July 27th.

All the details of what they're to do, scroll back to, and see
King Christian  Posted: Jul 1st, 2004 - 8:05 pm

But, according to Chatleen, the only items of interest on the official itinerary, are:

Chatleen  Posted: Jul 2nd, 2004 - 1:05 am

10.00 hrs
Dannebrog arrives at the quay (Chatleen: the part of the quay called 'Honnørkajen').

10.36 hrs
A visit at the University of Aalborg. (Chatleen: The departments at Frederik Bajers vej are parts of the faculty of science and engineering).

11.31 hrs
A visit at an art gallery.

12.17 hrs
A walk around the town, and a visit at a workshop for ceramics.

13.10 hrs
The walk continues, and the couple ends up at the city town hall. Outside the town hall, there will be a concert by the band Zididada. (Chatleen: bad choice of music).

13.25 hrs
Official reception of the guests at the city town hall, followed by a lunch.

15.05 hrs
And they continue their walk

16.11 hrs
A visit at an entertainment-spot by the quay, with ongoing concerts.

16.30 hrs
The couple walks onboard Dannebrog

20.30 hrs
The singer Tim Christensen plays a concert, as Dannebrog is leaving the habour. (Chatleen: Good choice, I think, they would like that).

Originally posted by Humble+Jul 26th, 2004 - 11:01 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Humble @ Jul 26th, 2004 - 11:01 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Chatleen@Jul 26th, 2004 - 5:01 pm
So as it was said, it is the public who demands public kisses...LOL...i am afraid they will demand something else :D :angel: and Mary and Fredie have to....:question: :woot: [/b][/quote]
I think your implication is somewhat obscene, if what I think you're implying is correct. I think either spell it out or don't say it.

The Port Of Aalborg :

Vessels in Port

This page is updated daily with information on vessels currently lying in the Port of Aalborg. It also has information on vessels expect to arrive at the Port of Aalborg in the near future.

Port of Aalborg, south
Ships name . Activities . Expected arrival . To/From . Port . Arrival quay

Dannebrog . visit . 27/7 . from . Sea . 4040

Originally posted by Canonette+Jul 27th, 2004 - 12:53 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Canonette @ Jul 27th, 2004 - 12:53 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Humble@Jul 26th, 2004 - 11:01 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Chatleen
@Jul 26th, 2004 - 5:01 pm

So as it was said, it is the public who demands public kisses...LOL...i am afraid they will demand something else :D :angel: and Mary and Fredie have to....:question: :woot:
I think your implication is somewhat obscene, if what I think you're implying is correct. I think either spell it out or don't say it. [/b][/quote]
1- it was meant for fun..fun...fun

2- it was also meant to criticize the excuse someone earlier gave to defend Mary and Fred when i said they like to give kisses in public and the person said it is the public who asked for that...does this mean if the public ask for kisses, they will also ask for something else..In other words, i did not buy the excuse?

3- things are relative in this world..some cultures find public kisses NOT accpetable even if they come from married people...if you want to kiss, do it discretly...other cultures do mind doing things in public...So..........

:dew: :ermm:

Beautiful KISS!!! what's wrong with it???? I hope they will do that infront of people for at least a first year of their wedding.

I don't know why some jealous people find it not acceptable :cry:

Absolutely ADORE the outfit!!!!!!!

Don't mean to drool ( :p ) but hey, the lady has STYLE with a capital "S". Yaayy, good on ya Mary! :flower: :flower: :flower:

About 1 hour ago I was within a metre distance from both Frederik and Mary :p

Well, most of you probably don't care about my boasting, but for my it was a really nice experience. My friend and I brought some champagne, and I was able to make a toast with the couple ;) At least I did my part of the toast.... ;)

They both looked very happy and actually a lot more suntanned than in the pictures, I think. They walked with a little distance to each other, and both of them turned to each row in both side of the street. You could see, that they made a effort to make eye contact with as much people as possible. The children in front of me talked a litte bit with Mary, saying "Hi", and "See, I'm also dressed as a Princess today" ;) Afterwards we talked about, that it was a good trick to let some children stand in front of us, even if we had places in the first row from the beginning ;)

I also saw them arriving by Dannebrog and in the car, when they were on their way to the university. Even if the car was really close by me, the distance felt longer. The same thing goes for an open carriage, I also saw them in the first row at the wedding. But today, when they were walking, I would say it was the nicest experience :)

Originally posted by cindie@Jul 27th, 2004 - 5:00 am

I don't know why some jealous people find it not acceptable :cry:
You can't say always that people are jealous to defend your point...It is about perception..and like i said, cultures differ...some would find just holding hands in public offensive, others would find a public REAL KISS just nice :wacko: and very acceptable :blink: ..

Just accept people's differences :huh:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 27th, 2004 - 2:01 pm
Just accept people's differences :huh:
Are you doing so, Humble?

it was also meant to criticize the excuse someone earlier gave to defend Mary and Fred when i said they like to give kisses in public and the person said it is the public who asked for that...does this mean if the public ask for kisses, they will also ask for something else..In other words, i did not buy the excuse?

When the crowd asks for a kiss, it just shows, that people like a newlywed couple to show their love, doesn't it.

Around here it is a custom at weddings to demand quite a few kisses from the newly weds. Another custom is, that each time the groom leaves the table, all the men in the party hurries to kiss the bride (mostly on the cheek), and when the bride leaves the table, all the women hurries to kiss the groom.

Actually the custom is repeated in 25th wedding anniversaries, in 50th wedding anniversaries etc. A matter of cultural difference...

Is it cold in Denmark at this time of year? Mary looks nice but I feel like I'm looking at pictures in the middle of the autumn instead of the summer.

I am seriously curious: why is Fred in military uniform? Does he always wear military uniform for official events?

The temperature in Aalborg is a high of 68F/20C and a low of 54F/12C...That's pretty chilly for summer to me as Floridian :p

From personal observation, I have noticed that whenever the Dannebrog is used as vessel for transportation for an official visit it almost always receives a navy ceremonial welcome, and male members of the RF are always in uniform. I hope that helps. :flower:

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 27th, 2004 - 4:55 pm
The temperature in Aalborg is a high of 68F/20C and a low of 54F/12C...That's pretty chilly for summer to me as Floridian :p
Actually I think, it is a bit more than 20C today ;) Maybe around 23C :p

I like that temperature - if it gets more than 30C, I don't enjoy it.

Actually this is quite a bad summer this year, but usually there is some days during the summer with around 30C.

Thanks for all your pictures :flower:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 27th, 2004 - 5:13 am

2- it was also meant to criticize the excuse someone earlier gave to defend Mary and Fred when i said they like to give kisses in public and the person said it is the public who asked for that...does this mean if the public ask for kisses, they will also ask for something else..In other words, i did not buy the excuse?

3- things are relative in this world..some cultures find public kisses NOT accpetable even if they come from married people...if you want to kiss, do it discretly...other cultures do mind doing things in public...So..........

:dew: :ermm:
Apparently the Danes there don't think it's offensive. B)

Actually I think, it is a bit more than 20C today ;) Maybe around 23C :p

I like that temperature - if it gets more than 30C, I don't enjoy it.

Actually this is quite a bad summer this year, but usually there is some days during the summer with around 30C.

Thanks for all your pictures :flower: [/b]
Yes I heard most of Scandinavia has had a bad summer. Sorry about that, maybe I can send you some of this Florida heat your way & you can send me a bit of a breeze (it's so hot & muggy). ;)

You can't say always that people are jealous to defend your point...It is about perception..and like i said, cultures differ...some would find just holding hands in public offensive, others would find a public REAL KISS just nice :wacko: and very acceptable :blink: ..

Just accept people's differences :huh: [/b]
That seems fair, to accept that people will see things differently. however it isn't fair to criticize other people's culture. I have seen many strange customs in other places but I wouldn't dare criticize them for it (so long as no one is hurt or suppressed in any way of course, you see my point I hope.).

Also I make it a point to accept the culture in which I live even if I may not participate in some things of that culture due to personal choice (because my culture may do it differently). In short I hope you don't live in Denmark because if you do I don't think you are not assimilating to your new culture. It doesn't mean you toss your own away but you should at least respect that of the country in which you live.

Originally posted by Angel S.@Jul 27th, 2004 - 7:06 pm
Yes I heard most of Scandinavia has had a bad summer. Sorry about that, maybe I can send you some of this Florida heat your way & you can send me a bit of a breeze (it's so hot & muggy). ;)
Oh yes, let's make a deal ;) :)

I just saw a clip in the television from the presentation of the gift.

It was a bit funny, because we were actually able to overhear a joke made by the crownprince to the crownprincess and the mayor of Aalborg.

Frederik said something like: "Maybe we should hang it above my bed, than it would be like 'bigbrother is watching you'" :lol:

I don't think, he knew, that the sound was "catched" though :p

Frederik said something like: "Maybe we should hang it above my bed, than it would be like 'bigbrother is watching you'"

Hehe..I too thought of the "big brother" because of the fade to black picture and dark sunglasses :lol:

Actually I think, it is a bit more than 20C today  Maybe around 23C
I got that info from Yahoo..So who knows ;)

Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 27th, 2004 - 2:39 pm
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/Chatleen/Aalborg - Wolfsen/beggemedgave1.jpg

I just saw a clip in the television from the presentation of the gift.

It was a bit funny, because we were actually able to overhear a joke made by the crownprince to the crownprincess and the mayor of Aalborg.

Frederik said something like: "Maybe we should hang it above my bed, than it would be like 'bigbrother is watching you'" :lol:

I don't think, he knew, that the sound was "catched" though :p
hahaha, that's fantastic. Good sense of humor he has. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom