Crown Prince Couple Cruise Aboard the Dannebrog: July 26-29, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 27th, 2004 - 1:39 pm

Frederik said something like: "Maybe we should hang it above my bed, than it would be like 'bigbrother is watching you'"  :lol:
Did he really say my bed and not our bed?

In anycase--I'm not sure I'm digging Mary with so many hats. She's a young lady and they seem a little too frumpy and dull for her.

Originally posted by lucys@Jul 27th, 2004 - 7:22 pm
In anycase--I'm not sure I'm digging Mary with so many hats. She's a young lady and they seem a little too frumpy and dull for her.
I don't find Mary's hats frumpy or too dowdy for her, but I do find them much too big for her and hence, "dwarf" her. The brims on her hats seem to be too big and cover Mary's face completely in some cases.

I don't find Mary's hats frumpy or too dowdy for her, but I do find them much too big for her and hence, "dwarf" her. The brims on her hats seem to be too big and cover Mary's face completely in some cases. [/b]
I actually like her hats very much! Different to the others (except maybe Maxima) who always wear small pillboxes and follow old British royals. Pillboxes and small felt hats are frumpy!

Maybe Mary likes straw hats because she always wears them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually like her hats very much! Different to the others (except maybe Maxima) who always wear small pillboxes and follow old British royals. Pillboxes and small felt hats are frumpy!

Maybe Mary likes straw hats because she always wears them![/b]
Maybe my problem is just with hats.

I'm also hating all hats.
So I'm hating marys hats, too.
She shouldn't wear hats at all!!

Originally posted by juliamontague@Jul 28th, 2004 - 8:51 am
I'm also hating all hats.

I love her hats! She looks very polished with her hats on. And hats gives you that "oommph" factor, as Maxima can readily attest!

Go ahead Mary, we love your hats and I might just steal the one you wore to Odense off you! :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lol. I agree Jasl :flower: .. Hats are a custom in many rf...most definetely in Danish, Queen Margrethe, Princess Alexandra, and the Crown Princess all sport them on engagements..even their ladies-in-waiting.. :lol: B)

Originally posted by kirstengrafin@Jul 28th, 2004 - 7:17 pm
how come there no pictures of Fred & Mary in Odense ?
There is pictures for instance at the GREMB.

Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 28th, 2004 - 10:05 am
Lol. I agree Jasl :flower: .. Hats are a custom in many rf...most definetely in Danish, Queen Margrethe, Princess Alexandra, and the Crown Princess all sport them on engagements..even their ladies-in-waiting.. :lol: B)
Can i make part of the hats group????????????????????????? :lol: :lol:
The true is that i love all hats :heart: :heart: :heart:

Gona be some gale event?

Finally, an outfit that looks rght for the season! Everything she has been wearing has been so fall and wintery--especially that black dress.

Chatleen: I'm glad they didn't kiss on the balcony again. It was very nice to appease the crowd--but no need to make a spectacle of their relationship. Maybe I'm kooky, but I find images of couples making just a geasture or a look that seems to hold private meaning much more romantic then kissing in public.

In anycase, they seem to be having a lovely and successful trip.

Originally posted by lucys@Jul 29th, 2004 - 4:28 pm
Chatleen: I'm glad they didn't kiss on the balcony again. It was very nice to appease the crowd--but no need to make a spectacle of their relationship. Maybe I'm kooky, but I find images of couples making just a geasture or a look that seems to hold private meaning much more romantic then kissing in public.

In anycase, they seem to be having a lovely and successful trip.
I like, that they sometimes choose to share their love with us. But I stress 'choose', because I don't like people expecting them to overdo it.

Yesterday in Odense, it was not a part of the original programme, that the couple should wave from the balcony of the town hall. However, after the kiss in Aarhus, the officials in Odense made a quick decision to make the balcony ready for the couple.

The couple was then asked, after they actually had arrived at the town hall, if they wanted to enter the balcony. I don't think, they really had a choice, because the mayor already announced the changed programme in the press, and crowds were waiting below the balcony. They then made an appearance at the balcony, but only twice, and they didn't kiss.

For me, it would have been really fine, if they had kissed today in Sønderborg as well. However, they choose not to do so.

And yes, I think they are having a lovely and successfull trip :)

did you like mary's outfits these days?
i really prefered her style much more after the wedding....

Originally posted by carlota@Jul 29th, 2004 - 4:16 pm
did you like mary's outfits these days?
i really prefered her style much more after the wedding....
Yes, she is getting better..but she is not that glowing yet at least to me... :innocent:

Did Mary switch her shoes? It doesn't look like she's wearing the aqua colored shoes in the "hand in hand" photo.

She did, because of the terrain. :flower:

how come this is the only town in which they both changed clothes during the course of the Tour ?

he from dark to white uniform, and
she with a hat and shoe change

Originally posted by kirstengrafin@Jul 30th, 2004 - 7:26 am
how come this is the only tonw in which they both changed clothes during the course of the Tour ?

he from dark to white uniform, and
she with a hat and shoe change
Frederik actually changed his clothes every day. Each day, when they first arrived, he was wearing a long black jacket with lots of decorations etc. In Århus, Aalborg and Odense he changed into another black jacket, while he in Sønderborg choose to wear his "summer-uniform" due to the warm weather.

As for Mary. All I can say is, that they actually had a small break on board Dannebrog today, because the revealing of the sculpture by Günther Grass took place on the quay.

I know, that when they visited 'The old town' in Århus, she had actually been advised not to wear her high heels. She chose to keep the high heels though, and maybe she regretted that walking the cobblestone covered streets ;)

My guess would be, that she today choose a more practical foot-wear, when they visited 'Dybbøl Mølle'.

Originally posted by Jasl@Jul 28th, 2004 - 9:03 am

I love her hats! She looks very polished with her hats on. And hats gives you that "oommph" factor, as Maxima can readily attest!

Go ahead Mary, we love your hats and I might just steal the one you wore to Odense off you! :p :lol: :lol: :lol:
She looks better with hats although sometimes i have to search where is her face.... :innocent:

She looks better with hats at least they cover her fine flat hair

:wacko: :blink:

Originally posted by Humble@Jul 31st, 2004 - 6:44 pm

She looks better with hats although sometimes i have to search where is her face.... :innocent:
:wacko: :blink:
I'm interested .... can I ask if English is your first language? Because it's usually "where her face is"....

Anyway, did anyone see the Graasten pics??? I thought Mary looked sooooo beautiful! So elegant and subdued!!

I think Humble means means that Mary's hats cover her face so much, that it's hard to see it. So you have to look for some parts of her face, at least. I like Mary's hats, but I don't think the types of hats that she has been wearing matches with her clothes.

I like Mary's hats, but I don't think the types of hats that she has been wearing matches with her clothes.

Hats don't necessarily need to match with the clothes. They can match with a shoes or purse for example. They can also serve to bring out the color contrast in an outfit so the entire outfit isn't just uniformly one color, or they can play up a minor color in an outfit.

Matching hat and shoes:

Alexandra

Mary

Playing up less dominant colors of an outfit:

Alexandra

Originally posted by Jasl@Jul 31st, 2004 - 7:00 pm

I'm interested .... can I ask if English is your first language? Because it's usually "where her face is"....

You are right..Thanks for correcting me Professor Jasl.. :flower:

Back
Top Bottom