Crown Prince Couple Cruise Aboard the Dannebrog: July 26-29, 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like the photo of where Frederik is smelling the rose. I expected Mary to be smiling but her expression is rather serious.

How unusual..most people seem to like her post-wedding style better..I guess to each his own. I personally like both.. :p

Yeah I agree with you Alisa! At first I thought.... definitely post-wedding, but then I remembered these lovely outfits (outfits she wore to weddings in 2002), and I thought... change that to both pre as well as post wedding!! :lol:

I think that Mary has worn some things were nice before and after the wedding. I personally don't always care for the things that she wears, but there have been a few things that I thought were lovely and that suited her very well.

I think that the suits in particular that Mary has worn since the wedding have really been beautiful and that she has made a few really good color choices. The only problem that I have with them is that although they are really stunning and well tailored, I don't find that the majority of them suited Mary very well. The cuts were a bit too tailored for her physique and some of them would have looked better on a mature woman, IMO. Some of the hats weren't that suited for her either-pretty but not exactly perferct for Mary. I found that Mary looked a bit stiff at times.

I would like to see Mary really develop her own personal style. I think that she is better off wearing things that really complement her body and personality rather than wearing things that she think that she should wear or that or trendy for the moment.

Sometimes Mary wears things are just wonderful on her and she looks great. At other times, it appears that the clothes are wearing Mary and she is not wearing the clothes.

Originally posted by Gigi@Aug 6th, 2004 - 4:03 pm

Sometimes Mary wears things are just wonderful on her and she looks great. At other times, it appears that the clothes are wearing Mary and she is not wearing the clothes.
Well, the same goes for everybody,right? no one could possibly wear perfect outfits every single time ;) B) ;)

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 4th, 2004 - 3:47 pm

Seeing this photo once again I have to say that I think hats do Mary no justice at all. she looks better without them--but I guess if that's the thing in the Danish Royal circle she has no choice but to keep wearing them.
Or maybe, you just don't like hats lucys !!! :p :p

Well, the same goes for everybody,right? no one could possibly wear perfect outfits every single time ;) B) ;) [/b]
I didn't say anything about Mary'soutfits being perfect. Besides, I don't believe in perfect. IMO, perfection is something rarely found in our mortal world.

My complaint is that not all of Mary's clothing suits her. We may all wear things that may not stand out or that may not turn heads in any way. However, it is possible to wear things that suits one at all times, whether it be stunning or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or maybe, you just don't like hats lucys !!! :p :p[/b]
Well, I've said before I'm not a big hat fan, but that has nothing to do with this comment I made. I can easily think of young women who look very good in hats, or who wear them well--Princess Magdalene looked lovely in the hat she wore to the Spanish wedding, Infata Elena and Marie-Chantal wear bold hats with ease and grace. I simply am of the opinion that hats do not do Mary any favours. They hide what I think are her two best features--her hair and her eyes. Or maybe it's the way she wears them. She appears less natural and less relaxed in them. It's nothing against Mary, it's just an opinion.

Originally posted by lucys@Aug 6th, 2004 - 12:17 pm
Well, I've said before I'm not a big hat fan, but that has nothing to do with this comment I made. I can easily think of young women who look very good in hats, or who wear them well--Princess Magdalene looked lovely in the hat she wore to the Spanish wedding, Infata Elena and Marie-Chantal wear bold hats with ease and grace. I simply am of the opinion that hats do not do Mary any favours. They hide what I think are her two best features--her hair and her eyes. Or maybe it's the way she wears them. She appears less natural and less relaxed in them. It's nothing against Mary, it's just an opinion.
Lucys, I agree.

Hats do hide Mary's face far too much, especially her eyes which I think are her greatest asset.

I didn't say anything about Mary'soutfits being perfect. Besides, I don't believe in perfect. IMO, perfection is something rarely found in our mortal world.
My complaint is that not all of Mary's clothing suits her. We may all wear things that may not stand out or that may not turn heads in any way.
However, it is possible to wear things that suits one at all times, whether it be stunning or not. [/b]
The ones i bold, are also the point that i was trying to say.

Not all people could wear clothes that looks good on them every single day,

Catherine Zeta Jones,Princess Di..and many people who has /had great tastes in fashion,sometimes could make fashion mistakes.

i agree, it is possible to wear things that suits you without it being stunning, but,then again,people make mistakes. ;)

photos from the ibl site

i hope you have not seen these before tell me if they are posted somewhere else and i will remove them

Attachments

• 00068171.jpeg
    00068171.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 667
  • 00068382.jpeg
    00068382.jpeg
    31.7 KB · Views: 486
  • 00068383.jpeg
    00068383.jpeg
    25.5 KB · Views: 575
  • 00068385.jpeg
    00068385.jpeg
    38.1 KB · Views: 526
  • 00068387.jpeg
    00068387.jpeg
    29.5 KB · Views: 499
  • 00068388.jpeg
    00068388.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 504
  • 00068389.jpeg
    00068389.jpeg
    21.9 KB · Views: 918
  • 00068488.jpeg
    00068488.jpeg
    16 KB · Views: 1,217
  • 00068489.jpeg
    00068489.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 510
  • 00068492.jpeg
    00068492.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 972
photos from the ibl site

Attachments

• 00068482.jpeg
    00068482.jpeg
    23 KB · Views: 635
  • 00068486.jpeg
    00068486.jpeg
    22.6 KB · Views: 551
I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :eek: ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO

The quick answer: Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark, future Queen of Denmark.

She and Frederik have had a "Cinderella type" romance i.e. Prince meets commoner, they fall madly in love and get married.

There are at least three open threads on Mary (and Frederick). Feel free to read those and the older threads to learn more about Mary.

Don't forget to check out our Wedding Forum for pictures of the wedding- it was very beautiful.

matesha said:
I am sorry ..but who is mary anyway :eek: ...I am new to this forum...I did not know that denmark was a monarchy....I only know spain and britain as monarchy....And out of the scandinvian countries, sweden is more known to me because of their strong car VOLVO

attachment.php

this one would be great for a fanart

do you think we will see such Cruisesin in the future mde by the crown prince and crown princess. did margarathe and henrik do such of trip right after thier wedding?

Back
Top Bottom