Prince Frederik's Official Visit to Saudi Arabia & Qatar: January 15-17, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Friday 15th January 2010 - Thursday 21st January 2010
H.K.H. Crown Prince on an official visit to Saudi Arabia, Qatar and United Arab Emirates during the period 15th-21st January

Visit to Abu Dhabi
Date: 18-21, 2010
Purpose: World future energy summit
Dicussion on Frederik in Abu Dhabi will be in this thread

Last edited:
Here is an article by BB about Crown Prince Frederiks trip which starts today to the Middle East
article

It's a shame, he's living Mary and the children behind. :ermm:

According to that its the 16th-20th?
He leaves today, but doesn't start engagements till tommorow. :)

It's a shame, he's living Mary and the children behind. :ermm:
Do you guys think perhaps Mary isn't going because the Middle Easterners aren't too welcoming of women, especially foreign women? You know, because they tend to be very male dominated societies?

I think it´s because Mary has other plans you know work and shopping....

Do you guys think perhaps Mary isn't going because the Middle Easterners aren't too welcoming of women, especially foreign women? You know, because they tend to be very male dominated societies?

No, Mary's a princess normal rules don't apply. :)
She's probably not going because theres no reason to go.

List of official events from kronprinsparret.dk

Google Translation to English link Google Translate

The trip is mainly about alternative energy resources, which is associated with the climate change initiative. This area is CP Frederik's focus since he was the patron of COP15 in Denmark last month.

Members of the DRF regularly travel to foreign countries in support of their various areas of interests. We also have to remember that this would be first high profiled visit of a senior member of the DRF to the Middle East since the Mohammad Cartoon Crisis in 2005.

The Danish Foreign Ministry press release from January 15 as the following link Google Translate

Very casual, must be quite warm there. :flowers:

Well nights are as low as 12-9C, thats pretty cold but since it was from the plane to car I dont see why he has to be in a coat :)

Governor of Riyadh Region meets with Denmarks crown prince
Picture

Last edited:
No, Mary's a princess normal rules don't apply. :)
She's probably not going because theres no reason to go.
Exactly!:flowers: These official visits take over a year or months to plan. If the Danish Government and the Royal House felt that CP Mary should accompany CP Frederik on this Middle East trip, then I am sure she would have gone. There is plenty of time to plan CP Mary's other work and shopping!:flowers:;)

:previous:
The surroundings look stunning.
I love the difference between a European Crown Prince and an Asian Crown Prince. :)

Over a year, maybe for a state event but not a 2 day event like this.
I'm sure Mary isn't just wondering around Denmark shopping at this moment.

Mary has two events during the time Frederik is abroad.

January 19
The Crown Princess attends the Home Guard's New Year Concert at the Copenhagen City Hall at 19:30.

January 20
The Crown Princess hosts a New Years reception for her patronages at Christian VIII's Palace, Amalienborg, at 11:00.

That was one busy packed day for Frederik in Saudi. Will maybe because it was a really short trip and lots of things to get done.
Gallery of pictures of Frederik meeting with different Saudi royals.
Will be interesting to see him in Qatar and UAE.

Todays programme in Qatar - January 17
10.30 Visit to Maersk Oil in Qatar.
12.00 Meeting with HRH Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al-Thani, Crown Prince of Qatar.
14.00 Visit to the Museum of Islamic Art
15.10 Visit to the Souk Waqif

Last edited:
:previous:
The surroundings look stunning.
I love the difference between a European Crown Prince and an Asian Crown Prince. :)

Over a year, maybe for a state event but not a 2 day event like this.
I'm sure Mary isn't just wondering around Denmark shopping at this moment.

Mary has two events during the time Frederik is abroad.

This trip to the Middle East is almost a week long. CP Frederik is meeting heads of state. You can't just decide that a meeting with the King of Saudi Arabia can be arranged from last month. No...it may not have taken a year...but official visits are planned months in advance!:flowers:

These official visits take over a year or months to plan. If the Danish Government and the Royal House felt that CP Mary should accompany CP Frederik on this Middle East trip, then I am sure she would have gone. There is plenty of time to plan CP Mary's other work and shopping!:flowers:;)
I see, thnx for the answer. Shopping... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom