Christian's Birthday Photos - Are Members' Expectations Realistic?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke of Marmalade

Imperial Majesty
City
Frankfurt am Main
Country
Germany
I think yes, they have to do that!!! They do it in the first aniversary of Christian, they release lots of family photos, they had release some other Christian private photos before, most of the Royals houses release pictures on birthaday dates, they are Royals, people want to know about them and they are not so mucht of a private family they should have more respect!!!"If they don't publish anything I guess they will get the stick from everybody and they deserve it" I tottaly agree with you Duke of Marmalade!!!

You are so right biboquinhas. Very disappointing. It's about give and take isn't it? Royal Houses depend on the public - they pay for them - and on a good relationship with the media. It's just fair to release a nice pic of the future CP when on the other hand the media is expected to turn up at royal events etc. It would have been the usual nice gesture, no big deal, they have done it before - and it doesn't have to be the professional photoshoot session they did last year - one pic would do; very snobbish to ignore the expectations of the followers of the DRF.

i totally agree with some of the posters and i really believe they should have released some pictures! most royal houses do release them every year (norway and the netherlands, for example). since they did so last year, i was thinking the same would happen this time. what a disappointment!

You are so right biboquinhas. Very disappointing. It's about give and take isn't it? Royal Houses depend on the public - they pay for them - and on a good relationship with the media. It's just fair to release a nice pic of the future CP when on the other hand the media is expected to turn up at royal events etc. It would have been the usual nice gesture, no big deal, they have done it before - and it doesn't have to be the professional photoshoot session they did last year - one pic would do; very snobbish to ignore the expectations of the followers of the DRF.
Yes I agree with you! If it is some kind of revenge for what they are saying in that book is a big childish atitute of them! I never though they might do something like that!! The media and the public are expecting photos that is not a polite thing to do!I think that even if they relase now some photos they are not birthday photos becaise they weren't release the same day!:angry:Not a Royal:coach: thing to be done at all!

Oh please, do you really think that there are no pictures because Mary and Fred had a BF over the new book? Do they seem like those kind of people? No pictures, no pictures. We will more than likely have some in the coming weeks/months (it's nearly Christmas after all), so be patient

Last edited:

Nobody knows why they havn't released pictures. Most likely they have a very good reason. Who knows, maybe Christian was sick! Anyway I don't think they are obliged to do so - and I am one of those above-mentioned danish taxpayer.

Oh please, do you really think that there are no pictures because Mary and Fred had a BF over the new book? Do they seem like that kind of people? No pictures, no pictures. We will more than likely have some in the coming weeks/months (it's nearly Christmas after all), so be patient

Doesn't matter why it's just tacky not to provide some pics. There are always so media conscious why not this time? I'd rather not speculate but the no show is poor. Norway does it, the Dutch, even Spain did it last year with Leonor and I expect the same this year. Denmark is an annoying exception here:bangin:

do you think they did it as a revenge because of the book?

Doesn't matter why it's just tacky not to provide some pics. There are always so media conscious why not this time? I'd rather not speculate but the no show is poor. Norway does it, the Dutch, even Spain did it last year with Leonor and I expect the same this year. Denmark is an annoying exception here:bangin:

Why is it tacky? Is it tacky when pictures aren't released in Belgium, Britiain, and the other countries that don't release official pictures for birthdays? And why does it not matter why they didn't release pictures? There could be multiple reasons, as another poster said above - Christian could have been sick

Why is it tacky? Is it tacky when pictures aren't released in Belgium, Britiain, and the other countries that don't release official pictures for birthdays? And why does it not matter why they didn't release pictures? There could be multiple reasons, as another poster said above - Christian could have been sick

It's tacky because they did this mega photoshoot last year and roused some expectations regarding future anniversaries.
Such pictures can be taken days or even weeks before, whenever suitable for Christian. A pic of a royal toddler is always a nice gesture and as they have published some pics in the past I don't see why is wasn't possible yesterday. I find it disappointing; if others don't they don't :)

Thanks, elisabetteke, I hadn't seen the last photo, at the Yacht Club, either. Isabella looks so sweet and smiley, and looks a month or two older than in the one with the Princes (for Felix's birthday).

I suppose it isn't always possible to fit in photos with the CPs schedule, but I am sure that we will get some Christmas pictures - and that isn't that far away.

I'am hoping that we still have some pictures before Christimas otherwise I think we will be very disappointing with Mary and Frederik and to me that is a very very negative point for them towards Danish people!
I love Mary and I'am a big fan of her but now I'am really dissapointed with them, maybe if they came out and say why and explain why... things would be different.
They create so mucht expectation because of the photoshot of last year, that this year all of us were waiting for some beautiful and different photos of little Christian. What a big dissapointment!!!!!!

It's tacky because they did this mega photoshoot last year and roused some expectations regarding future anniversaries.
Such pictures can be taken days or even weeks before, whenever suitable for Christian. A pic of a royal toddler is always a nice gesture and as they have published some pics in the past I don't see why is wasn't possible yesterday. I find it disappointing; if others don't they don't :)

i agree, duke of marmalade. it's obviously fine if you don't want to release pictures at all, but since you have last year, i think it's just fair to do the same for a couple more years. it's just a nice gesture. i don't think releasing an offical photo is that complicated. it can well be a private photo of christian and isabella, just as they did in summer 2006, so not even need for a photoshoot, just as last year. the difference between belgium or britain is that they NEVER release pictures, as you said, so we don't expect it to happen. to do it.. one year yes, one year no... is a little bit unprofessional from my point of view.

So because they released photos for Christian's 1st birthday (a major milestone in any child's life, and one for any proud parent) they are obliged to release photos each year?
The same thing happened in Belgium with Princess Elisabeth and Prince Emmanuel - there were photos of their first birthdays, but I don't think any have been released for birthdays since (or very rarely if there has been)

Personally, I don't see how this is an issue - they didn't release photos, they didn't release photos, big deal. Anyway, this is the last I'll post on this topic because I am getting ticked off by seeing post after post of "Where are birthday pics?" and "They should release pics!" (Mods, you can delete any part of this post that isn't OT)

yes, on every birthday of Christian there should be a photo shoot, private or in public. Because of the importance of who he is in the danish royal family and last but not least because he is a terribly cute little boy :wub:

So because they released photos for Christian's 1st birthday (a major milestone in any child's life, and one for any proud parent) they are obliged to release photos each year?
The same thing happened in Belgium with Princess Elisabeth and Prince Emmanuel - there were photos of their first birthdays, but I don't think any have been released for birthdays since (or very rarely if there has been)

Personally, I don't see how this is an issue - they didn't release photos, they didn't release photos, big deal. Anyway, this is the last I'll post on this topic because I am getting ticked off by seeing post after post of "Where are birthday pics?" and "They should release pics!" (Mods, you can delete any part of this post that isn't OT)

I am reading this topic and I must say that I'm waiting photos too but I don't blame F&M when they really don't realize any photos. First we don't know why there are know pictures and second I think that it's there one business to decide this kind of thing (despite they are royals). So lets wait and hope and please don't get angry because after all it's Fr&M who decide such kind of thing! :)

I am reading this topic and I must say that I'm waiting photos too but I don't blame F&M when they really don't realize any photos. First we don't know why there are know pictures and second I think that it's there one business to decide this kind of thing (despite they are royals). So lets wait and hope and please don't get angry because after all it's Fr&M who decide such kind of thing! :)
I agree. I think we really cannot complain: we see Christian so often in public.. compared to Ingrid Alexandra or Catharina Amalia for example.. we really got to see a lot beautiful pictures of the little prince during the last year.

It could have been because of the book saying not so good things about the Danish Monarchy.
Yes lets wait and see!

I too was looking forward to seeing pictures but I don't think the Crown Prince couple should be so heavily criticized. It is their choice to give photo's and perhaps they only did it last year as it was his first birthday and a big milestone. I'm still hoping we will see something but in fairness I think we see far more of Christian than other royal children who only ever come out for official occasions.

Maybe it is reasonable for the Danish taxpayers to "expect" birthday pictures, and even to complain when they aren't forthcoming. But I think that personally, I don't have a right expecting anything. I can't speak for other members, but I don't think the DRF should cater to the "expectations" for pics of the royal children just for "us" (by "us" I mean the wider royal watching community beyond Denmark). I can't speak at all for what the Danish taxpayers should and shouldn't "expect" because I don't know the Danish tax system, i.e. how much is payed for the royal family and all that.
But personally, I just appreciate whatever the Crown Prince family wants to share with us. It was lovely to have Christian's first birthday photos, but if they don't release photos one year, I see that as a personal choice for them. They aren't obligated (from my POV, take it for what it's worth) and I think they do it when they are comfortable doing it. It is a privilege for me to see updates from the royal house on the development of Prince Christian, but I will never hold it as a right. But as I said, for people who pay taxes into the DRF, maybe it is a right. I can't say.

i'm very disappointed because i'm crazy about the lilleprince and was looking forward to a happy family photo to get the smear book off the front page. maybe they went out of town or soren steffen(usual photographer) had a conflict (they should call our girl madeleine ;), sickness (remember PH came home sick from korea), company etc-any # of reasons we don't have a photo yet (i'm still keeping my fingers crossed)
i will really be surprised if they don't release anything at all, but hey i'm a "sugah" i love them anyway, they've had enough piled on this week, i'm giving them a pass on this one.

He is a child, a royal child, but a child none the less. Why should he have to have pictures taken at every turn just to satisfy the whims and wants of other people. I must say that I find this whole topic over the top, as there are certainly plenty of pictures available of this child.

And more to the point, do any of you know how incredibly difficult it is to get a child to sit still for a photo. Why should they have to anyway? Children should not have to sit still for a photo simply because of who they are. There are plenty of other photos available and why do they not suffice.

Besides, even royal families are entitled to some private family time once in a while, and perhaps they chose to make this birthday private for him. Goodness knows that he has had a major change in his life, what with becoming an older brother and no longer being the center of everything for his parents. That is a tough adjustment for any child, never mind one who has to sit still for photos. And when a childs environment is changes, typically they need more one on one attention, and maybe that is what his parents chose to give him with his birthday this year.

Intresting topic but I dont see the point. its simple, no pictures, whats the big deal ?! when we get pictures, the only things are said, "oh he is so cute" "he has grown so much, he looks more like Mum/dad" & it goes on. Cant we just wish him a Happy Birthday & a happy day with his family.

If we dont get to see pictures today we will tomorrow froma different event, its not like his parents are hidding him from us. Maybe pictures were taken, who knows? but the family would like to release them in about a week or two...

Complaining about no pictures wont make a difference....

I am happy if there are photos and happy if there are no photos. As one or two posters have mentioned we see enough photos throughout the year of this cute Prince. The CP couple have every right to decide if they want pics released or not. I am sure they are like all the other CP couples who want their young children protected from the glare of the media because there time will come when they will be in the public eye continually. Fred is sporting an injured eye at the moment, if pics were released now, people will be speculating about how he picked up his injury instead of focusing on the little prince so who knows pics may come out within the next week. Who are we to complain, not even the Danish are complaining.

Stellad

Maybe it is reasonable for the Danish taxpayers to "expect" birthday pictures, and even to complain when they aren't forthcoming. But I think that personally, I don't have a right expecting anything. I can't speak for other members, but I don't think the DRF should cater to the "expectations" for pics of the royal children just for "us" (by "us" I mean the wider royal watching community beyond Denmark). I can't speak at all for what the Danish taxpayers should and shouldn't "expect" because I don't know the Danish tax system, i.e. how much is payed for the royal family and all that.
But personally, I just appreciate whatever the Crown Prince family wants to share with us. It was lovely to have Christian's first birthday photos, but if they don't release photos one year, I see that as a personal choice for them. They aren't obligated (from my POV, take it for what it's worth) and I think they do it when they are comfortable doing it. It is a privilege for me to see updates from the royal house on the development of Prince Christian, but I will never hold it as a right. But as I said, for people who pay taxes into the DRF, maybe it is a right. I can't say.

You are so right. I am a danish taxpayer and I don't think DRF are obliged to release pictures of Christian.

It's disappointing that no pictures have been released, but it's not obligatory for them to release the pictures. I don't think that they would be angry over some idiodic book not to release pictures. There is some underlying reason: Christian might be sick (let's hope not, but it is possible, especially with a toddler) so they might do it in a week or two; they might be having private things right now, and release the pictures later; or they might not release them at all. We can complain all that we want, but in reality it can't do much of anything.

And I'm not saying it's not o.k. to be upset, angry, or disappointed. I was looking forward to seeing the pictures, too. But we need to focus on other things, because it's not in our control.

While many are disappointed of the lack of photos celebrating Christian's second birthday, here are several photos that I have personally never seen before courtesy of Royals.Weblog.nl. That should tie many over until the next time there are official and unofficial photos released to the press (or by the media.)

I find it kinda funny that people are upset, disappointed, ect that pics were not released for Christian's birthday.
As others have said, his parents are not obligated to release anything if they so choose to do so. Sure they did it when he was born, and then again for his 1st b-day, but show me a parent who has not done such a thing?
As a parent myself, I have had pictures taken of my daughter for every one of her 8 birthdays, but I have only given them out to friends and family when she was born, her 1st b-day, and her 5th. when she hits 10, I'll give them out again.
Maybe this is what his parents chose to do? Even though he is a Prince, childhood pictures are a very personal thing. Birthdays are very personal. He shares enough of his life with the public as do his parents, so maybe they decided to keep him out of the limelight for his special day to share just with him immediate family.
Who knows what their reasons are, but in my personal opinion, I don't think they need a reason at all.
oh and as for not releasing pictures because of a stupid book and all the press about it, seriously, any happy pictures of a cute child celebrating his birthday would knock that nonsense right off the front pagesso I don't think that should even be considered a factor in this.

It could have been because of the book saying not so good things about the Danish Monarchy.
Yes lets wait and see!

That could be a feasible reason. Wouldn't it be better to have photos showing what a beautiful family they are with Christian being the star of the show and some with him and Isabella? Mary and Fred could look lovingly at their children and each other. This would be a good way to attempt to counteract what is written in the new book. What do you all think?

That could be a feasible reason. Wouldn't it be better to have photos showing what a beautiful family they are with Christian being the star of the show and some with him and Isabella? Mary and Fred could look lovingly at their children and each other. This would be a good way to attempt to counteract what is written in the new book. What do you all think?

Imo, i dont think thats the reason but if so, couldnt they put on a happy face & act for 5min that they are a happy family?:ermm:

Has anyone thought that maybe one of the kids arent well & would like to include both in the picture or that the pictures didnt turn out any nice & they decided to do it all again th enet day or two days later or why dont we just assume there are no pictures, no picture taken at all:D

It doesnt always mean that one thing leads to other meaning that the book leads to no pictures, that would be a childish act imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom