The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Mary looks mad in this photos, she should be used to being photographed by now. I think that they have plenty of private moments that they enjoy without the media intruding. Also, she is lucky that they get to take vacation whenever they want and money is not a problem.
Well, I dont think its nice when photographers are taking pictures of you leaving your home or even sneaking anywhere around the property to take that one shot.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:52 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amely View Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary getting ready to take their children Prince Christian and Princess Isabella with them to the royal cabin in Trend, where they will be celebrating Prince Christian's birthday. October 13, 2007 Photo: Birger Storm/AOPressDk

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/a.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/b.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/c.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/d.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/e.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/f.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/g.jpg
See I right: It are just Crownprincess Mary and Prince Christian (and a Bodyguard and a Butler (or something like that)). Not Crownprince Frederik and not Princess Isabella... Are there more pictures?

Old 10-21-2007, 12:23 PM
Aristocracy

I read from another forum that Frederik were in Arhus in 12th Oct and he went to trend after that and also there were no friends - just family.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saphire View Post
Mary looks mad in this photos, she should be used to being photographed by now
Why should she? There's always a big difference between being photographed at official occassion and being constantly photographed on your own private property doing just normal things. Noone (okay, almost noone) would be interested in pictures of his next door neighbour Mr. Miller or Mrs. Huber loading their luggage into the car for their holidays. So why is it so fascinating seeing famous people doing the very same thing??
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lichtenstein View Post
Why should she? There's always a big difference between being photographed at official occassion and being constantly photographed on your own private property doing just normal things. Noone (okay, almost noone) would be interested in pictures of his next door neighbour Mr. Miller or Mrs. Huber loading their luggage into the car for their holidays. So why is it so fascinating seeing famous people doing the very same thing??
That pretty much sums it up.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
They are not your regular next door neighbors, they are going to be King and Queen and obviously it is fascinating to see them doing regular things like regular people do, remember the picture of Mary taking the trash out? everybody was discussing it...oh, she is just like us!!! we saw her carrying a bag, who knows if it was trash...we never saw her dump it. So yes, to answer your question it is fascinating.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent

I think their house at Fredensborg is very public, so they should get used to have photogaphers all around them all the time!I love to see Mary wearing casual clothes! To pitty we don't get to see more photos. Always sorrounding by butlers!!!
Old 10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
I think their house at Fredensborg is very public, so they should get used to have photogaphers all around them all the time!I love to see Mary wearing casual clothes! To pitty we don't get to see more photos. Always sorrounding by butlers!!!
The Gardens are open to the public, that's right. But does this fact justifies the fact that there are photographers hanging around 24/7? It still is private property after all. This isn't the way most of us want to spend their lives: http://celebrite.aol.fr/content.do?i...=1168999977533 Why should others.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
The Gardens are open to the public, that's right. But does this fact justifies the fact that there are photographers hanging around 24/7? It still is private property after all. This isn't the way most of us want to spend their lives: http://celebrite.aol.fr/content.do?i...=1168999977533 Why should others.
Being photographed comes with the territory, the same way it is for a politician, an actress, etc. I think that they have enough privacy, a few photographs when they are on private events is a small price to pay for the life of privilege that they lead. I am not saying that they don't work, they do work, but people are interested in what goes on with their lifes without the public facade. And you are right, most of us don't want to spend our lives being photographed, but then most of us are not princesses who live in a castle.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
Aristocracy

I'm sure that Mary and Frederick knew exactly what their life will be and also they knew what life their children must live. But I'm not sure did they knew that curiosity will be so big.
Old 10-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Aristocracy

I read this (at Danish Royal Watchers Blog):

"It was their wish all along that Prince Christian's birthday was to be celebrated completely privately this year," the court's information manager Lis M. Frederiksen told Billed Bladet.

I understand it this way: No pictures this year!
So I stopped my expectations. It is their decision to celebrate the birthday privately and it is their decision not to present some pictures... So - I think - we must accept it. But we can be very happy, that we got pictures from Prince Christian's first day in "Kindergarten" and pictures from his first visit at Legoland, etc...
Old 10-23-2007, 01:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

To celebrate a birthday in private and releasing photos of the little prince are two very different issues. The little prince is second in line to the throne and is not just your next door kid. Being royal brings lots of privilege and entitlements. It is not unrealistic to expect photos of the little birthday boy - they could have been taken anytime around the time of the birthday. The royal families will only be able to stay in their privileged position as long as people are interested in them and they are perceived as being useful for something. If they stay out of sight and mind there will be no reason for royals at all - they do not fill any critical roles . The roles they play today can easily be done by elected officials or done away with. The royals privacy needs to be protected but they also need to realize that they are "public" persons and must satisfy their countrymens curiosity as to what is going on. Today's royals are at the mercy of the voting public.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:48 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
To celebrate a birthday in private and releasing photos of the little prince are two very different issues. The little prince is second in line to the throne and is not just your next door kid. Being royal brings lots of privilege and entitlements. It is not unrealistic to expect photos of the little birthday boy - they could have been taken anytime around the time of the birthday. The royal families will only be able to stay in their privileged position as long as people are interested in them and they are perceived as being useful for something. If they stay out of sight and mind there will be no reason for royals at all - they do not fill any critical roles . The roles they play today can easily be done by elected officials or done away with. The royals privacy needs to be protected but they also need to realize that they are "public" persons and must satisfy their countrymens curiosity as to what is going on. Today's royals are at the mercy of the voting public.
But as various posters have already long ago in this thread pointed out: Pictures of Christian are fairly often released - more of him than of some of his 'collegues' in other countries. The fact that no pictures were released from the 15th October will in no way diminish public interest in them and thus pose no threat to their privileged position. The family do not stay out of sight and mind - we see lots of pictures of them on a regular basis. And I do not agree that the role they play can be done by elected officals - at least not the symbolic role they play in Denmark - that is closely related to the very tradition of a royal family. And they do realise that the public have a certain curiosity - which the various photo sessions during the past months clearly show.

I have to agree with the poster who said that this is a non-issue. If we hadn't seen pictures of Christian since the ones which were released on his 1st birthday, some of the above considerations might be valid. But that is not the case - far from it.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Reading through the posts here on this thread gives a quit interesting pictures. Among those posters who can't se any issue in not releasing birthday pictures are alle the postes made by danes. There isn't a single post made by a dane which expresses disapointment. Those posts are made by posters from other countryes than Denmark. As longe as the danes are satisfyed - the DRF are doing what is expected.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I miss seeing photos of this young little one!! Buaaaaaaaa
Old 10-23-2007, 03:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

I honestly can't believe this thread is 5 pages long.

If the DRF do not want to release photos of Christian.....then they don't have to. It's as simple as that. They are not required to provide every Sally, Sue and Tom in the world a photo of their children. There will be plenty of opportunities in his coming years for photos of him to be released and fawned over by the general public. We should respect Fred and Mary's decision to keep some things in their family private instead of bemoaning their decision to do so. That's what it all boils down to -- respect. As Lilla pointed out above, the Danish members of this forum (so far) haven't expressed displeasure with this, so as long as the people that Fred and Mary will one day represent don't have an issue.....I don't see why anyone else should.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 10-23-2007, 04:11 PM
Royal Highness

I didn't know this thread could go on for this long. It's pretty simple: Mary and Frederik decided not to release photos this year. They had a private party, away from the glare of the cameras and just in a nice, comfortable family way. Those of you who have small children of your own, or know a small child, what would they do if, on their special day, they were made to pose in front of cameras, and maybe be frightened, all because you made them do it because someone from the internet would complain. And all you wanted was a small party. And you're followed around by cameras all the time, anyway. How would you and your child feel?
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't have kids, but to answer your statement, "I didn't know this thread could go on for this long."

Simple: Members are expressing their varying opinions. As a result, this topic has reached five pages.

Would you rather have topic filled with ooing and aweing and thousands of empty posts? Or would you rather members have a good debate as well as varying opinions within a forum? I believe many would choose the latter.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras View Post
I don't have kids, but to answer your statement, "I didn't know this thread could go on for this long."

Simple: Members are expressing their varying opinions. As a result, this topic has reached five pages.

Would you rather have topic filled with ooing and aweing and thousands of empty posts? Or would you rather members have a good debate as well as varying opinions within a forum? I believe many would choose the latter.
I wasn't meaning it as "Oh gosh, I didn't know people would want to waste this much time on this". I was surprised, yes, but I didn't know that this many people cared. I've stated my opinion, just as many others have stated theirs. I didn't mean to sound offensive in any way. I probably needed to word my post better.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Your post was far from being offensive, acdc1. I knew exactly what you meant the first time around.

However, some may believe the main discussion is essentially pointless. That's why I made my earlier comment, again. Having a thoughtful, yet sometimes heated as long as it is contained debate, is far more interesting to read than the oooing and aweing as well as empty posts.

That was main point.

Tags
prince christian