The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-31-2018, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Loved your summary of the CP children's personalities! Christian and Isabella do indeed seem to be very caring older siblings and I can imagine that when mum and dad are away on royal visits they help the nannies (do Mary and Frederik still employ nannies?) with looking after Vincent and Josephine. I bet Isabella was one of those older sisters who always wanted to help with them when they were babies. Josephine definitely seems to have succeeded Isabella's position in the little royal showgirl.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 05-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you.

Yes, they still have nannies. There was one with them on Amalienborg Square during the Royal Run, before Mary joined them.

I think there will continue to be some sort of nanny around until the children leave home.
Partly to look after them and offer the kind of comfort, support and guidance their parents can't give them while they are away, and M&F are going to be away more and more in the years to come.
But also to ensure they behave, to pick them up, make sure they do their homework and all the other things parents normally make sure the children do when home.
And finally because there will be time when an adult will have to make a quick decision without having time to consult the parents. That's anything from okaying a sleepover to calling a doctor.

Governess might perhaps be a better word?

Old 06-02-2018, 09:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Christian is to appear in an episode of The Simpsons: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-chris...kansk-tv-serie

The episode is called Throw Grandpa from the Dane.

Lisa Simpson is to fall in love with Christian.

There are as yet no comments from the court.

- No problem. QMII for instance has appeared in the European weekly edition of Donald Duck.

See you in a couple of weeks.
Old 06-02-2018, 11:22 AM
Nobility

Have a good vacation, Muhler. We'll be good, and not have too much fun while you're gone.
Old 06-02-2018, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Thank you.

Yes, they still have nannies. There was one with them on Amalienborg Square during the Royal Run, before Mary joined them.

I think there will continue to be some sort of nanny around until the children leave home.
Partly to look after them and offer the kind of comfort, support and guidance their parents can't give them while they are away, and M&F are going to be away more and more in the years to come.
But also to ensure they behave, to pick them up, make sure they do their homework and all the other things parents normally make sure the children do when home.
And finally because there will be time when an adult will have to make a quick decision without having time to consult the parents. That's anything from okaying a sleepover to calling a doctor.

Governess might perhaps be a better word?
Thank you for confirming my curiosities; Muhler - and have fun on your holiday! We'll try to keep things in order for you whilst you're away.

Old 06-02-2018, 04:18 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Christian is to appear in an episode of The Simpsons: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-chris...kansk-tv-serie

The episode is called Throw Grandpa from the Dane.

Lisa Simpson is to fall in love with Christian.
This is brilliant! It already aired here in the States, on May 13th. I had no idea. It's on Hulu though, so I'm off to watch it now! Will report back.

That makes two mentions of Scandinavian royals on the show.

ETA: Just finished watching the episode. It amused and tickled me in the best ways. Lots of LOL moments. The only disappointment is that "Prince Christian's" involvement is so short. Just a scene. Still funny regardless. I'm working on makings gifs right now. I'll post when I'm done.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:30 AM
Commoner

Prince Christian has been Simpsonized!

I was hoping they would get an actual little love storyline but this was it. This was his whole "appearance." It was still really delightful.

Oh, also, the email Lisa is typing is legitimately readable. She's writing to him in Danish! So if anyone is up to translating it (it's a long one!), here's a link to a screenshot.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:37 AM
Majesty

Isabella visited a Dressage championship.
https://www.seoghoer.dk/nyheder/kong...l-dm-i-dressur

you can tell she loves horses
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ae&oe=5BBA99A4
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ad&oe=5BA7E067
Old 06-13-2018, 06:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Charming photos of Isabella at the event. She does seem to have inherited the royal love for horses.