Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie-Chantal was definitely right. Mary is approachable and does have the common touch which in combination with her professionalism, the way her support has helped her husband to grow into the confident man he now is and the way she carries herself has earned her both the love and the respect of the Danish people.

I agree. That is certainly part of Mary’s success. It was a back handed compliment from MC. She may have money, but she will never be a Queen Consort in a ruling family and I think that irks her in some level. JMhO

Thansk Dbarn67

That's in Tivoli in Copenhagen.
The older man accompanying them is Frits Schur, the financial advisor of QMII (and perhaps M&F as well). He finance the theater.

I noticed Bella is wearing a shoulder bag. They grow up, the little critters.
The girl I presume is a friend of Bella.

Last edited:
The girl with Isabella is one of the Heering girls.

Fritz Schur (old friend of Prince Henrik's) has, according to their website, been a member of the board of the theater for almost 20 years and always receives the kids, the family, along with the woman who is the founder of the theater.

Nice to see the kids out and about although I wish Mary and Frederik would stay clear of Schur.

The girl with Isabella is one of the Heering girls.

Fritz Schur (old friend of Prince Henrik's) has, according to their website, been a member of the board of the theater for almost 20 years and always receives the kids, the family, along with the woman who is the founder of the theater.

I think it's one of the Handwerk girls actually. IIRC the oldest is Christian's age and the youngest is Bella's age whereas the Heering girls are a bit older (I think the youngest is around Christian's age).

Nice to see the kids out and about although I wish Mary and Frederik would stay clear of Schur.

I think it's one of the Handwerk girls actually. IIRC the oldest is Christian's age and the youngest is Bella's age whereas the Heering girls are a bit older (I think the youngest is around Christian's age).

Thank you, Zelia.
Both names starting with an H...She was the one I meant. :flowers:

Maybe Frederik and Mary are staying clear of Schur, but he is heavily involved with this theater.

Me too!
He may be fine, he probably is, but alarm-bells are ringing in the back of my mind when I see him with the DRF.

https://images.seoghoer.dk/s3fs-public/20191005_o2q6307.jpg
I like this unreserved smile by Josephine. I can't help wondering whether, she being the show-girl and dancer she is, is thinking this is an outfit she'd like to dance in.

As a confused Brit; could someone fill me in on the downsides of Schur?

Same here.....

As a confused Brit; could someone fill me in on the downsides of Schur?
Same here.....
Shady business methods, a severe case of red carpet fever, sucking up to anyone royal or titled and creating a small kingdom for himself on his country estate where his employees are required to adress him as if he was a nobleman...
The Royal family should know better than to mix with sycophantic hangers-on like him. People like this has gotten them into trouble before and will do it again. Fritz part in the catastrophic merger of the Swedish and Danish Post associations alone should make them realise that something will blow up about him sooner or later.

Shady business methods, a severe case of red carpet fever, sucking up to anyone royal or titled and creating a small kingdom for himself on his country estate where his employees are required to adress him as if he was a nobleman...
The Royal family should know better than to mix with sycophantic hangers-on like him. People like this has gotten them into trouble before and will do it again. Fritz part in the catastrophic merger of the Swedish and Danish Post associations alone should make them realise that something will blow up about him sooner or later.

Can this thread not be left for the chidren and for those that enjoy seeing the them without the over zealouness.

I notice Christian again being the caring and loving older brother, he is such calm and handsome teenager. Vincent appears to overcome his shyness a little.

Thank you, Zelia.
Both names starting with an H...She was the one I meant. :flowers:

Maybe Frederik and Mary are staying clear of Schur, but he is heavily involved with this theater.

IIRC the youngest Heering and the Handwerk girls also look a bit alike and that's caused me to mistake them for each other several times :lol:

Hopefully you're right about Schur. I'm just thinking that as long as they feel comfortable leaving the kids in his care, they're a bit too chummy with him for my liking.

Me too!
He may be fine, he probably is, but alarm-bells are ringing in the back of my mind when I see him with the DRF.

In general the DRF just seems very uncritical in terms of who they're mingling with. Especially considering how many friends they have with a background in the private business sector. It constantly amazes me that they're not more mindful of the consequences friendships with people like Schur could potentially have – and even more so, how unfortunate such friendships look. (But then I remember that not even our politicians have the guts to uphold the ground rules that are laid out for the DRF and then it all makes a bit more sense :cool:).

Can this thread not be left for the chidren and for those that enjoy seeing the them without the over zealouness.

You can always skip the posts you don't like them ;) As I mentioned above, I (obviously, as the poster who problematised Schur's presence to begin with) don't think the discussion is irrelevant considering he's close enough to M&F that they allow him to accompany their children to the theatre (which makes it relevant for this thread).

Last edited:

Oof. Perhaps not the best of choices of friends, then!

:previous:
Important too mention Frederik & Mary will accompany their children and it is ‘a short school visit’, so my guess is some weeks or maybe the Crown Prince family takes out January month which is a slowly month anyway. I look forward to hear more about this :)

Last edited:
That is a shocker ! Is it true ?

Is it a shocker to give your children a experience for life?

Frederik & Mary will accompany their children and it is ‘a short school visit’.

This sure is a surprise!

Mary talked a little about it today in France:
https://www.bt.dk/royale/mary-derfor-sender-vi-vores-boern-til-schweiz

When asked about sending the chidlren to Switzerland, she replied:
Vi ser det som en gave til vores børn, hvor de kan være sammen om det, og en gave de kan have med sig resten af livet,«
"We view it as a gift to our children, where they can be together about it and a gift they can share/bring with them for the rest of the life."

All reports coming talks about a short stay. Presumably anything from a few weeks up to three months or so.

It is of course not unusual that royal children are send away for periods at least. And Christian is about the age that J&F were when they were send off to a boarding school in France for a year.
That was a very difficult year for not least Frederik. The education was on a higher level than back in DK, so Frederik in particular struggled with Latin.

Nor is is unusual in royal/traditional noble circles to send the children out into the world to study once they are in their teens. The traditional formative journey.

I wonder if this is a test-run for the children. They will in this way, and fairly gently, learn how it is to go to school abroad, without mom and dad around the corner. Here they will support each other - and I think as a consequence of that, grew even closer. Even if this is only for a short period.
Anyway, if this is something some of the children find interesting, say Christian and Josephine. Then M&F can already now start to look for suitable schools abroad. And if say Isabella is less keen, she may need a few more years before she will again contemplate studying abroad, say after high school.
And say Vincent hate every minute of this. Then they know he is better of studying at home in DK.

It will be interesting to learn more details.

Last edited:
:previous:
Important too mention Frederik & Mary will accompany their children and it is ‘a short school visit’

But will they accompany the kids? Did Lene Balleby or Mary confirm that or was that part just Avisen speculating?

From Avisen:
"Der bliver nok også en del pendling mellem Schweiz og Danmark for forældrene, som sikkert skiftevis vil bo ved børnene og skiftevis i hjemmet på Amalienborg, da de royale pligter jo skal passes."

google translation:
There will probably also be some commuting between Switzerland and Denmark for the parents, who will probably alternate living with the children and alternately in the home at Amalienborg, since the royal duties must be taken care of.

Last edited:
What a surprise, and an experience for the kids. All together that is sweet, maybe test out the water to see if it's something they like.
I wonder for how long?
I know the Youth Olympics are in Switzerland for the month of January, of which Frederik is in the coordination commission for, I wonder if this played in their decision.

Hopefully we get more info.

This is a surprise, less so for the older children than the younger. I wonder what played in to this decision and if the children will like it enough that it becomes a longer term commitment?

Maybe they all do a term. Royal children are not normal children, I guess we see all of them in international boarding schools around the age of 15.
So Christian and Isabella are not far off.
I am only surprised about the twins, they are very young to leave home for longer.

Hadn't seen it coming right now but I'm not exactly surprised. @polyesco's point about the Youth Olympics could very well play a part in the timing of the stay.

Always thought that if they were gonna send the kids to boarding school, they'd pair them up so that Christian and Isabella would go together and Vincent and Josephine would go together (can't for the life of me imagine Frederik shipping off his kids by themselves when they're still just in folkeskolen) but this is a great opportunity for them all to get the experience together. Will probably be ace for their sibling relationship.

What a surprise, and an experience for the kids. All together that is sweet, maybe test out the water to see if it's something they like.
I wonder for how long?
I know the Youth Olympics are in Switzerland for the month of January, of which Frederik is in the coordination commission for, I wonder if this played in their decision.

Hopefully we get more info.

Good point. I wasn't surprised at hearing that Christian and Isabella will be boarding at the school, but I'm still a little surprised that Vincent and Josephine will be going with them as they seem very young to be living away from home still.

And the official announcement from the Palace:

"Their Royal Highnesses Prince Christian, Princess Isabella, Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine will begin a 12-week school break at the Lemania-Verbier International School in Switzerland at the beginning of the new year. When the school stay is complete, all four children will continue their schooling in their current classes at Tranegårdsskolen in Gentofte.

Her Royal Highness The Crown Princess will primarily stay with the children in Switzerland during the period, and His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will be with the family when there are opportunities for it in the Crown Prince's program. As a result of the children's schooling, the Crown Princess's official activities in Denmark will be fewer.

With the school stay, the Crown Prince couple wants to give their children a common experience in an international environment."

Pressemeddelelse: Kronprinsparrets fire børn tager på skoleophold i Schweiz | Kongehuset

Last edited:
12-week is not too long, I guess, it will also use up some of their usual winter holiday time as well?

I wonder what played into the timing. Doesn't really make sense to me that they'd pick a period of time where they're already short on working members to ship someone with as many engagements as Mary off to another country. Perhaps it's just another sign that Joachim and Marie have a longer stay abroad planned and M&F felt like this was the last chance for them to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom