Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 3: November 2015 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How lovely new pictures of beautiful Bella.

I like that mom Mary is always taking the birthday pictures herself and that it's always so natural pictures. You can see the children's soul in the pictures she takes. Peace, closeness and out in the nature.

And Bella is the splitting image her dad! :wub:
I remember Mary once said, "Seeing Isabella is like seeing a female version of Frederik."

Hope the family have had a lovely Easter holiday.
We have had exceptionally good and warm weather throughout Easter.
Plenty of time to have enjoyed it probably in the hunting lodge in Trend?

I have been going through some images of Prince Christian for this year and he is growing so fast with his facial features changing, naturally enough. He reminds me of someone but I can't work out who yet.
I wonder if he will be as tall as his mother Mary by the end of December.

Thanks, Polyesco.

Yes, well done to Christian.

And I like he went solo. And solo in respect to being the DRF representative, while also being private.

Perhaps that's an indication that we will see him on official solo events before we expected? I.e. around the age of 15 or so.

Good on Christian. It's nice to see that he's passionate about running like his father.

It's good to see Prince Christian alone, even at a private event.

I have been going through some images of Prince Christian for this year and he is growing so fast with his facial features changing, naturally enough. He reminds me of someone but I can't work out who yet.
I wonder if he will be as tall as his mother Mary by the end of December.

As a young boy, Prince Christian was slightly on the "chubby" side, I think. Now that he is growing fast and being physically active (as his parents) , he is naturally getting taller and slimmer. It is hard to figure out what his final body shape will eventually look like.

Thanks, Polyesco.

Yes, well done to Christian.

And I like he went solo. And solo in respect to being the DRF representative, while also being private.

Perhaps that's an indication that we will see him on official solo events before we expected? I.e. around the age of 15 or so.

I agree.
We have seen him at many event with his family (parents and siblings), and during the Faeroe Island visit, more events with just himself and Frederik/Mary, and now a solo event. It is great to see:flowers:

Not sure it was meant to be seen as an 'event' or a 'solo event' at that. Simply he was competing in a race. I dont think its a sign we will start seeing him do solo royal trips any time soon. Maybe see him accompany his parents more.

Great see him out enjoying running like his dad.

I think Christian is still working on who he wants to be, and in that respect I see his competing as him striving to become that person.

Had this been in any way official there would have been a bit of public recognition. I think this is a totally private competition against himself.

Further to that, none of the normal DRF cheering squad seem to be there to draw notice and publicity.

I'll post this here only to say how lovely it was to see Christian accompaign his parents to the confirmation in Norway.
http://content.invisioncic.com/r388...humb.png.9c729d1189c6beb3d6e6a85f79167729.png
His second official royal event, first being the wedding of the Crown Princess of Sweden. Not counting his family official visits to Greenland and the Faroe Islands of course.

He did so well. A confident lovely boy. :flowers:

Next spring in Fredensborg Palace Church.

Wonder, who will show up?

Next spring in Fredensborg Palace Church.

Wonder, who will show up?

I'd think be a pretty similar to Ingrid, and see mainly family and godparents. The only foreign royals being those involved.

Godparents:
-Joachim (paternal uncle)
-Jane Stephenson (Maternal aunt)
-Haakon and Mette-Merit
-Victoria
-Pavlos (dad's cousin)
-Jeppe Handwerk and Hamish Campbell (friends of his parents)

The Scandinavian royals are so close, so I dont see Victoria, Haakon and MM missing the event. Pavlos either since he is family like Joachim.

I guess only question is if Jane will make it. Would be nice but I am not wrong in believing she still lives in Australia (?). May be a bit of a trip for it.

Yes, that list sounds plausible.

I think the Donaldson's will be represented by someone, if not Jane then perhaps John and Susan.

And perhaps Ingrid of Norway will return the courtesy and show up for Christian's confirmation?

Maybe Princess Estelle will accompany her mother?!?

Perhaps. Christian and Ingrid are a bit older though, and attending this type of event makes sense for them. Yes Estelle has attended the christenings of her brother and cousins but that is a different situation.

The Scandinavian royals interact quite a bit. Its not a rare chance for Estelle to be around the other two heirs.

IA I'd be surprised if she didnt. Not only due to her age, and Christian at hers. But both her parents are godparents, could see whole family going, or just the 3 of them.

I think there is a pretty good chance Victoria and I hope Daniel, will come and bring their children with them.
Oscar may not necessarily go to the ceremony at the church, but Estelle might. And apart from that there is Josephine and Vincent to look after her. - It can be lively!
If Joachim and his children go as well, we will have Athena too - and then it might be very lively! :D

I'm not up to date in regards to the Greek children, are any of them in the 8-15 age range?

The only one who might stand out a bit, age-wise, is Sverre Magnus of Norway, so perhaps he will opt to stay at home. Unless he and Isabella click, so to speak. He'll need a girl to pull his ears from time to time... :D

We can hope the weather is good, so we will see the family, the guests and not least the children entertain us outside before and after the ceremony.

Interesting. It would be lovely to see Estelle there with Victoria, and I wonder if IA will attend too considering Christian attended her confirmation recently.

Actually Christian and Sverre Magnus are the same age. They were born a month apart.

Will Prince Christian have confirmation sponsors who were not his godparents?

I'm not up to date in regards to the Greek children, are any of them in the 8-15 age range?

Children of Alexia & Carlos: Arrietta (born 24 February 2002), Ana María (born 15 May 2003), Carlos (born 30 July 2005), and Amelia (born 26 October 2007).

Children of Pavlos & Marie-Chantal: Maria-Olympia (b. 25 July 1996), Constantine-Alexios (b. 29 October 1998), Achileas-Andreas (b. 12 August 2000), Odysseas-Kimon (b. 17 September 2004), and Aristidis-Stavros (b. 29 June 2008).

So, with Christian being born on 15 October 2005; he is only a few months younger than Carlos Morales y de Grecia and only a year younger than prince Odysseas-Kimon. Not sure whether he is in close contact with either one of them.

Last edited:
Actually Christian and Sverre Magnus are the same age. They were born a month apart.

I thought he was younger. :flowers:

Children of Alexia & Carlos: Arrietta (born 24 February 2002), Ana María (born 15 May 2003), Carlos (born 30 July 2005), and Amelia (born 26 October 2007).

Children of Pavlos & Marie-Chantal: Maria-Olympia (b. 25 July 1996), Constantine-Alexios (b. 29 October 1998), Achileas-Andreas (b. 12 August 2000), Odysseas-Kimon (b. 17 September 2004), and Aristidis-Stavros (b. 29 June 2008).

So, with Christian being born on 15 October 2005; he is only a few months younger than Carlos Morales y de Grecia and only a year younger than prince Odysseas-Kimon. Not sure whether he is in close contact with either one of them.

Thanks. :flowers:
So if the Greeks come in force, there will be several who can be paired up with Estelle and Oscar.
Certainly Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are AFAIK pretty close to M&F, so I can well imagine one or both will show up. And Christian must have met their children at some point.

Don't know about sponsors. Have never heard about such a thing in connection with a confirmation here in DK.

Certainly Pavlos and Marie-Chantal are AFAIK pretty close to M&F, so I can well imagine one or both will show up.

Really? Can't say I've ever felt they were close. The few times I have seen Marie-Chantal in Denmark, she always looks like she has a bucket of lemon in her mouth.
Pavlos being godfather, I guess he can be expected to turn up.

How big a do can we expect the confirmation of Christian to be compared to his father back in the day?

Last edited:
Really? Can't say I've ever felt they were close. The few times I have seen Marie-Chantal in Denmark, she always looks like she has a bucket of lemon in her mouth.

How big a do can we expect the confirmation of Christian to be compared to his father back in the day?

JMHO, (yes moderator, I know this is off topic) but I've always gotten the sense that Marie-Chantal shows up in Denmark only when it's expected not because she particularly wants to be there. I remember a CNN interview a few years ago where the reporter asked her what she thought of the job that Mary was doing as Crown Princess. I'm paraphrasing but her response was something like ".... I think she's doing a very good job. She's approachable and has a common touch." Frankly, I laughed! I thought that was code for "she's pretty much working class". Let's face it, Marie-Chantal's life is all about glamour and jet setting around the world.

Having said all that … I have a feeling that Pavlos will attend.

Yeah, I've never thought them particularly close to Pavlos and MC either. (To me) they've always seemed closer to Nikolaos (who, IIRC, was also part of Frederik's (royal :cool:) crew on the night he met Mary – and Tatiana attended M&F's wedding). I've always just thought they made Pavlos Christian's godfather to symbolise the continued bond between the two royal houses as Pavlos (officially) is the next head of the GRF. (But then again, I can't say I've ever fully understood a handful of M&F's godparent choices :whistling:).

I wouldn't write MC off for the confirmation if it's a big event though – to me, she's always seemed to love herself a big and flashy royal gathering :D

Last edited:
I remember a CNN interview a few years ago where the reporter asked her what she thought of the job that Mary was doing as Crown Princess.
Marie-Chantal was definitely right. Mary is approachable and does have the common touch which in combination with her professionalism, the way her support has helped her husband to grow into the confident man he now is and the way she carries herself has earned her both the love and the respect of the Danish people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom